Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-21-2011, 01:52 PM   #1
TheHealthyAdvocate
Junior LCF Member

Cinnamon Raisin Bread Recipe w/ Pics

I was playing around in the kitchen about a month ago with the available ingredients I had on hand, and came up with this gluten free, low carb cinnamon raisin bread. If you can handle the carbs from the raisins (which divides out after serving), then you will LOVE this bread.

This bread was made in a 4x3x2 mini loaf pan, perfect for cutting out into small pieces to go alongside an evening meal. You can certainly double this recipe if you are making it in a larger loaf pan. Feel free to experiment with more eggs and less almond milk if you like, to bring up the protein. Also, this bread is quite crusty and hard on the outside, which is something I really like.

Cinnamon Raisin Bread Recipe

1/4 cup coconut flour
3 TBSP. Flax Meal
2 TBSP. Garbanzo Bean flour
1 TBSP. Quinoa flour
1 tsp. Baking Powder, aluminum free
1 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
1/4 tsp. himalayan sea salt
1/4 tsp. stevia extract powder
1/4 cup xylitol, or coconut sugar OR 2 TBSP. honey (will bring the carbs up)
1/3 cup raisins

2 eggs
2 TBSP. melted butter or coconut oil (can be left out)
1/2 cup almond milk

Sift the flours, baking powder, cinnamon and stevia together in a medium bowl. Mix in the salt and xylitol.

In another larger bowl, beat eggs and slowly add the almond milk. Stir in the melted oil or butter. Add the flour mixture while mixing. Blend well with an electric mixer to make a smooth and pourable batter. Stir in raisins.

In a greased 4x3x2" loaf pan, pour batter evenly. Bake on 400 degrees F for around an hour, or until a fork inserted in the center comes out clean.

Cut into 6-8 small slices.

Each serving (for eight slices) equals 6 grams net carbs. You can add less raisins, if you like, or leave them out all together.

Is there anything you can think of that would substitute for the raisins? I'm OK with the carbs in the raisin, because it is combined with the good fats and proteins of coconut oil and the eggs, but someone else might not be comfortable with the carb content in each small slice. Any ideas?
TheHealthyAdvocate is offline   Reply With Quote