Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 10-07-2017, 06:28 AM   #1
Trish
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Trish
Stats: 187
WOE: trying to do atkins
Start Date: march 2013
Brown Bag Lunch Ideas

I'm looking for ideas/recipes for low carb
Brown-bag lunches. Can anyone help?
Trish is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2017, 08:35 AM   #2
Charski
Gadget Gal

Gallery: Charski
Start Date: May 2003
Scotch eggs were a favorite of mine. Hardboiled eggs. Cheese cubes. Pepperoni sticks, sliced salami, smoked salmon, tuna salad. Veggie stix of your choice. Rollups - lunch meat and sandwich-sliced cheese, rolled in either LC tortillas, or big wrapper lettuce leaves. Any kind of leftovers you like from last night's dinner. Lunch meat schmeared with cream cheese and wrapped around a pickle spear or green onion.

Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck.

I reject your reality and substitute my own! ~~ Adam on Mythbusters
Charski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 12:44 PM   #3
Nigel
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Nigel
Here is a thread that might help.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/sh...wn+bag+lunches
Nigel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 06:33 PM   #4
Baricat
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Baricat
Stats: 240/118/135 Start:size 22, now size 0-2.
WOE: LC for control of diabetes
Start Date: January 2007. Have kept weight off over 10 years.
I always have low carb tortillas in the house. Love to make wraps, slathered in mayo, layered with lots of meat, lettuce, chopped tomatoes, and cheese before rolling them up. Then, I bring a small container of vinaigrette made with extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice for dipping.

I also stack a few on a cutting board, then use a pizza cutter to make 8 wedges, separate each wedge onto a baking sheet, and bake at 400 degrees for 5 minutes, until they're crispy. I find that I can fit 3 tortillas (24 wedges) on a large baking sheet by crowding them.

When cool, I parcel them out into baggies. 6-8 wedges is usually sufficient for me. Then, I make some yummy dip, sometimes cheesy bacon, or artichoke, sundried tomato, French onion or mushroom, asparagus, or whatever else I happen to have in the fridge, and take a container of that, which I nuke for a minute or two to get them all melts. One dip lasts for many lunches. I like to make a couple different ones when I have a few minutes. The hubs loves having them around for snack attacks.

That's the easiest lunch to pack up the night before, and the variations are endless. It's incredibly delicious and decadent. Plus, they're fat bombs that stick with you all afternoon, right through to dinner.

No one ever knows I'm eating LC unless I tell them, and they're always envious of my great lunches. Having low carb tortillas always on hand is a must in this house. Each one has 4-5 net carbs.
Old 10-08-2017, 04:07 PM   #5
Redeemed
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Redeemed
WOE: 1400 calories a day/carb cycling
I usually bring soup in a thermos. Lot's of low carb recipes for soup and chili. Pureed soups like cream of broccoli or cauliflower are easy to drink from the thermos cup and very filling. I also like to bring salads: taco, blt, chicken oriental, etc. Low carb pita pockets and torillas stuffed with cheese, tuna, meat, etc.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 07:51 PM   #6
That Girl
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: That Girl
The Great Low Carb Bread Company has all kinds of lc bagels, breads, hamburger buns, etc....they are great! The sour dough bread is my favorite! If you get a really fresh loaf, you can eat it like regular bread, straight from the bag....sometimes they are better toasted. Think any kind of sandwich, peanut butter, salami, ham etc....great product. Also want to mention the bagels are terrific too. Not as good as a NY bagel, but pretty darn good as a vehicle for lox and bagels, tuna and bagels, cinnamon toast bagel, etc. Enjoy!
Old 10-10-2017, 04:06 AM   #7
Dottie
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: ADF mostly Paleo
A lot of the "mug muffins" can be chilled then sliced thin and baked as a cracker or flat bread sub.
Those along with olives, cheese, nuts, pepper strips and deli meats(or hard boiled eggs, sausage slices, pouch tuna/salmon, etc) can make a nice, light lunch that's easy to pack.

http://www.onlineconversion.com/ <-- cooking and other conversions

Need to contact LCF?
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/contact.html

Everyone has an opinion. Take what you need and leave the rest.

Be sure to visit Netrition on Facebook for the latest products and deals!
https://www.facebook.com/Netritioncom-210889832433/

**Every day is up to you. You can choose for it to be a good day or a bad day.**
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 05:15 AM   #8
enemysugar
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: enemysugar
Stats: 278/139/160 Goal Met 8/2017
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: January 25th 2017
How about HM Chicken Salad and Egg Salad also HM Pimento Cheese, use Endive Boats and Celery or Cucumber Slices as Vehicles for it. Cucumbers mixed with Cherry Tomatoes and Vinegar. HM Parmesan Crisps and Pork Rinds with a Dip. I like Basil Mayo or Mixed Olive Cream Cheese. Cube up Boneless Chicken Breast and Cheese Chunks and a Handful of Nuts and make Your own HM Lunchable.
enemysugar is offline   Reply With Quote