Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 09-19-2017, 07:12 PM   #1
Gabby1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Gabby1
Stats: 220/194/170 5'8" 51yo
WOE: Gentle Low Carb
Start Date: 6/22/2012, 3/30/2015, 9/17/2016, 8/20/2017
Allulose? What do we think?

I just got some products in my KetoKrate made w this- anyone have experience w this? And what happened to Quest Keto? I know they were using Allulose and now the whole QuestKeto shop is closed. I feel like I am missing something.

Gabby
Gabby1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2017, 04:57 AM   #2
Soobee
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Soobee
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: September 2000
It has an excellent reputation. It's supposed to taste just like sugar and not raise glucose or insulin at all. In fact, I just saw some results of experiments (can't remember the source), where allulose lowered glucose and insulin more than having nothing at all. Maria Emmerich has just endorsed it. The only problem seems to be that it is expensive. I will be the first one on their doorstep when the prices come down.
Soobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 05:23 AM   #3
RexsreineSC
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RexsreineSC
WOE: LC, lower fat, higher protein
Start Date: off and on for ten years
Anyone know where this can be purchased? I checked Netrition first and didn't find it.
Online amazon does, but, yes, it is quite expensive. Would like to do a price comparison before buying.

Thanks!
Ginny in SC
RexsreineSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 06:49 AM   #4
Gabby1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Gabby1
Stats: 220/194/170 5'8" 51yo
WOE: Gentle Low Carb
Start Date: 6/22/2012, 3/30/2015, 9/17/2016, 8/20/2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soobee View Post
It has an excellent reputation. It's supposed to taste just like sugar and not raise glucose or insulin at all. In fact, I just saw some results of experiments (can't remember the source), where allulose lowered glucose and insulin more than having nothing at all. Maria Emmerich has just endorsed it. The only problem seems to be that it is expensive. I will be the first one on their doorstep when the prices come down.
Interesting! I am going to look on Maria's site and get more info.

I really liked the cookie sweetened w allulose from the KNOW company in this month's KetoKrate. Very filling. More of a meal replacement kind of product IMO. I looked on the KNOW website and see the company has a ton of other products (waffles! crackers!). I'm going to order a few other products and see how it goes.

FYI- after eating a very large cookie sweetened w allulose yesterday early evening, I have had no GI distress as of this morning.

Gabby
Gabby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 10:30 AM   #5
CarolynF
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/157/145
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Also, the new Quest Protein bars are made with it..They are excellent..I should have tested my blood sugar after I eat a bar, but I need to be home to do that..

Good to know.

CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 10:33 AM   #6
EnglishLit
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: EnglishLit
I don't like it. I bought a multipack of it with the regular granulated allulose, allulose honey, maple syrup, etc and it gave me terrible gastric pain for days. The fact that the discomfort lasted so long for me made me not even want to continue to experiment with the product or slowly incorporate it into my diet. I was DONE after that. lol

Since I still have a few bottles left I might go back and use it in very small amounts, but since discovering Bochasweet, I really don't see the point.
EnglishLit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 07:41 PM   #7
JimM
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: JimM
I bought granulated Allulose (aka rare sugar) from Amazon and tried it in several baking recipes and a teriyaki sauce. Cookies that were normally crisp when made with sugar turned out soft. Cakes browned nicely but the sweetness difference is noticeable unless another sweetener is added.

I didn't suffer any GI problems but my wife had a definite bad reaction to the teriyaki sauce. Given the price of Allulose and the varying effects in the lower intestine, it's not something I'd buy again.
JimM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 07:51 PM   #8
JJJ'sMom
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JJJ'sMom
WOE: low carb
Start Date: Jan. 2013
Just love the review of products generated here, keep it up guys. Hate that some of you have to waste money on things but it really isn't a waste when you can give us an honest review, thks.
JJJ'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote