Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 10-08-2017, 02:43 PM   #61
Gabby1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Gabby1
Stats: 220/194/170 5'8" 51yo
WOE: Gentle Low Carb
Start Date: 6/22/2012, 3/30/2015, 9/17/2016, 8/20/2017
I just made cinnamon rolls using Carolyn Ketchum's new cookbook, Everyday Ketogenic Kitchen. She uses a sweetened version of the fathead dough. They are insanely rich and satisfying.
Gabby1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2017, 11:47 AM   #62
lfshelton
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lfshelton
Stats: Goal is 135 (5'3" & 45 yrs)
WOE: LC
Start Date: September, 2014
Smoked Sausage in a Blanket

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaSue View Post
I've made these a couple of times and they're very good. I used a slightly different dough that's made with pork rinds and coconut flour instead of almond flour. They're best hot from the oven but they reheat pretty well in a toaster oven.

SMOKED SAUSAGE IN A BLANKET
5 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/4 cup butter, cut up
1/4 cup ground pork rinds (18 grams)
2 tablespoons coconut flour (17 grams)
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1 egg
14 ounce package smoked sausage links with cheese *

* I used Johnsonville "Beddar Cheddar" smoked sausage links and there are six per package. Each sausage link has 2 carbs.

In an 8-cup measuring cup, or large microwaveable bowl, heat the cheese and butter 1 minute on HIGH. Stir well and cook another 30 seconds if cheese and butter haven't completely melted. With a wooden spoon, stir in the pork rinds, coconut flour, garlic powder and onion powder. Blend well until the mixture resembles bread dough. Add the egg and stir in well. If the mixture is too stiff, microwave 30 seconds until soft and pliable.

Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Place another sheet of parchment paper on your counter. With wet hands, pat and push the dough into a rough rectangle about 8x11 inches on the parchment paper that's on the counter. Cut the dough into six equal pieces with a knife or pizza wheel. Place one of the sausage links diagonally in the center of a piece of dough. Fold the outside corners of the dough up and over the sausage and press to seal. Place on the baking sheet and repeat with the remaining sausages.

Bake at 375║ for about 15-20 minutes or until the dough is golden brown. They may get a little dark on the bottoms but they won't taste burnt. I recommend rotating the baking sheet once or twice during the baking. Serve at once.

Makes 6 servings

Per Serving: 386 Calories; 33g Fat; 17g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 4g Net Carbs

This looks absolutely divine and I will be trying - question...does it have the coconut-y flour taste???

Thanks!
lfshelton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 12:44 PM   #63
LindaSue
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: LindaSue
Stats: 167/117/120 - 5'7"
WOE: Atkins Maintenance
Start Date: July 2002
No, there's not enough coconut flour in it to taste it. They are best fresh from the oven but they can be reheated. To reheat them, I microwave them briefly to start getting the sausage hot then finish them in the toaster oven. Otherwise I think the "bread" would get dark in the toaster oven before the meat is hot enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfshelton View Post
This looks absolutely divine and I will be trying - question...does it have the coconut-y flour taste???

Thanks!
LindaSue is offline   Reply With Quote