Old 03-02-2016, 04:07 PM   #1
LucilleMcgill
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LucilleMcgill
Stats: 248.6/237.6/150 5'2"
WOE: low-carb, CAD, IF
Start Date: everyday
Thyroid spasms

I've been having spasms, tightening fluttering sensation in my throat since Nov. nearly everyday. The feeling travels down to the top of my chest. It doesnt feel like a heart palpitation. I am hypo and have been on Armour since 2002.

Has anyone has this sensation? Ive never tested for Hashi's but plan to in April at my next appointment. Could this be a hashi's attack? any suggestions?

Thanks so much for any help. They are starting to scare me.
LucilleMcgill is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2016, 04:50 PM   #2
Avocat
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Avocat
Stats: 234/197/170
WOE: LC/HF + IF
Start Date: November 14, 2014
Any chance you're having other hormonal fluctuations? Thyroid and estrogen are tightly linked. When I started HRT I was told to take a week break from my estrogen once a month (I'm still cycling) but I was getting a full feeling in my throat as well as palpitations so I started taking a half dose that week.
"The reason we are scared of cholesterol and fat has to do with the fact that there are drugs to lower cholesterol [$29 BILLION/year industry] and 50 percent of what we grow in America is now either corn or soy, which can easily be manufactured into low-fat products." Dr. Cate Shanahan (from "Cholesterol Clarity" by J. Moore & E. Westman)
Avocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 02:07 AM   #3
Leo41
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Since November and you're waiting for an April regular appointment? In your situation, I'd call the doctor ASAP.

I'm hypothyroid, and anytime I have unusual symptoms, I check with my endo immediately--and he always responds.

I have regular check ups every 4 months, but I've frequently been checked between appointments when there's an issue.
Leo41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 06:33 AM   #4
Redeemed
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Redeemed
WOE: 1400 calories a day/carb cycling
I had something similar to that. It was acid reflux resulting in esophageal spasms. It got so bad it felt like something was hitting me in the throat. This went completely away when my doctor put me on Vit. 3 (5000 IU) daily to raise my Vit. D levels from 14 to 45. I continue on a maintenance dose of Vit. D, and the problem has not returned.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 10:17 AM   #5
LucilleMcgill
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LucilleMcgill
Stats: 248.6/237.6/150 5'2"
WOE: low-carb, CAD, IF
Start Date: everyday
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed View Post
I had something similar to that. It was acid reflux resulting in esophageal spasms. It got so bad it felt like something was hitting me in the throat. This went completely away when my doctor put me on Vit. 3 (5000 IU) daily to raise my Vit. D levels from 14 to 45. I continue on a maintenance dose of Vit. D, and the problem has not returned.
I know this is such an old thread but I just wanted to come back to say this is exactly what the problem was for me too!

I assumed it ws my thyroid becasue I'm hypo and felt it so strongly in my throat.

Thanks so much for all of the replies!
LucilleMcgill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 09:14 AM   #6
Ronnie51
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Ronnie51
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucilleMcgill View Post
I know this is such an old thread but I just wanted to come back to say this is exactly what the problem was for me too!

I assumed it ws my thyroid becasue I'm hypo and felt it so strongly in my throat.

So glad it was resolved and that the PG came through yet again!
Ronnie51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 01:33 PM   #7
Redeemed
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Redeemed
WOE: 1400 calories a day/carb cycling
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucilleMcgill View Post

I am so glad you found your answer! Vit. D supplementation also cleared up my horse throat in the morning, fatigue, urinary incontinence and helped with thinning hair.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote