Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 10-07-2017, 07:58 PM   #601
Berta48
Berta48

Gallery: Berta48
Stats: 10lbs @ time)
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Feb 2016 Weight Watchers prior 2015 HCG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bracelet View Post
I don't know whether I am having blue or red dot days because I am not using the calculator to track. I printed out a sheet for the week with 30 circles for each day and 35 circles at the side for my weekly points. When I use, for example, 5 points, I put a dot in 5 of the circles for that day. If I need to use a couple of extra points that day, I put a dot in a couple of the weekly point circles. For me that is easier than punching things into the calculator, and I can see at a glance how many points I have used and how many are left. I guess the days I use a couple of weekly points are probably red dot days. I have no idea how they figure red dots.
Bracelet
I am online. So when I track and use my 30 daily points it gives a blue dot. So far I've one very day this week. I am really hoping for a two lbs loss Tuesday evening.I got into my weeklies today but not intentionally. I had forgotten I ate a bagel thin with whipped cream cheese and yogurt spread.

I may have to rethink tomorrows lunch after church

Quote:
Originally Posted by RW City Sue View Post
Berta! I missed you. Glad to see you back. Bracelet too. Congrats on your loss. You're doing great.

Love the veggie soup ideas. I like to also do a chicken broth and add the WW skinny pasta noodles.

The blue dots are a range of 27 to 37 points if your daily points allowance is 30.

I'm focusing on protein this week and having plenty to help keep myself more satisfied between meals.

Have a great weekend friends
HI Sue
I've been wondering about you. And Dottie hasn't been her since I've been back either. I can't stand those WW noodles, no taste and to me they are nasty. I'd rather count points for real pasta.

I found some new very wonderful frozen meals and they have quite a bit of food in them. Not like the skimpy WW meals at all and the same points.

I had turkey meatloaf, potatoes and greens with fresh slice tomatoes( these did not come with the meal) tonight for 8 SP.
They have several different kinds. I bought one of each

Marie Callender's Delight Meals,some of them are 12 SP but so worth it! I get 10 SP per meal anyway .

My husband has really been down in his back. I had him in ER twice last week.
They said he has severe Arthritis in his spine. They gave him valum and I mean to tell you he is a GROUCH We've been marries 20 years and this is the first time he's ever acted this way. I told him tonight I'd be glad when I got my husband back because I didn't like this one at all

Well have to be up early in a.m. so I best hit the hay.
Nice to chat with you again.
Are home or in the mountains?

P.S. Have you tried the 1-2-3 mug cakes?? I LOVE THEM.

Last edited by Berta48; 10-07-2017 at 08:02 PM..
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2017, 04:44 AM   #602
Dottie
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: ADF mostly Paleo

I'm doing a round of Whole30, so WW is kind of off the table this month since W30 is higher in protein and fats than WW would allow.

Good luck and see you back next month!

http://www.onlineconversion.com/ <-- cooking and other conversions

Need to contact LCF?
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/contact.html

Everyone has an opinion. Take what you need and leave the rest.

Be sure to visit Netrition on Facebook for the latest products and deals!
https://www.facebook.com/Netritioncom-210889832433/

**Every day is up to you. You can choose for it to be a good day or a bad day.**
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 06:03 PM   #603
Bracelet
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bracelet
Stats: 221/215/145
WOE: WW/SmartPoints
Start Date: Oct. 2, 2017
Hello again. Looks like I will be needing a little help changing my weight on the WW calculator. The instructions say to press the tool button, then press the down arrow until 'weight' appears. All is well up to that point. Then it says to hold down the "enter" key for 3 seconds, then you can input the new number. However, that isn't what happened, nothing happened, and I could not input a number. I tried it again, tried holding down the enter key for a while, but that also did nothing. Any help would be appreciated.
Bracelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 07:19 PM   #604
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
Hello again. Looks like I will be needing a little help changing my weight on the WW calculator. The instructions say to press the tool button, then press the down arrow until 'weight' appears. All is well up to that point. Then it says to hold down the "enter" key for 3 seconds, then you can input the new number. However, that isn't what happened, nothing happened, and I could not input a number. I tried it again, tried holding down the enter key for a while, but that also did nothing. Any help would be appreciated.
WOW Confusing. I have no idea what you are using. Sorry.I have the WW calculator and it's simple to use. Do you have the Smart Points one?Mine doesn't have weight on it just points.
Maybe try an online search there are a lot of them on here.
Good Luck.

Old 10-08-2017, 07:21 PM   #605
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post

I'm doing a round of Whole30, so WW is kind of off the table this month since W30 is higher in protein and fats than WW would allow.

Good luck and see you back next month!
Okay, what's whole 30 please? We'll miss you

Old 10-08-2017, 07:28 PM   #606
Bracelet
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berta48 View Post
WOW Confusing. I have no idea what you are using. Sorry.I have the WW calculator and it's simple to use. Do you have the Smart Points one?Mine doesn't have weight on it just points.
Maybe try an online search there are a lot of them on here.
Good Luck.
It is the WW Smart Points calculator. It will calculate points for food, but if you click the button that looks like a tool (a wrench) you can type in your stats so that it can calculate how many daily and weekly points you get. You are supposed to be able to change your stats, so that's the deal. I want to change my weight as I lose (or gain)
Old 10-09-2017, 03:57 AM   #607
Dottie
Administrator

Quote:
Okay, what's whole 30 please? We'll miss you
Whole30 is a very strict, clean paleo plan.
Pretty much just meats, fruits, veggies and fats.
It can be tough to stick to because of the restrictions, but you getting all the chemicals out of your system can really make you feel good!

Need to contact LCF?

**Every day is up to you. You can choose for it to be a good day or a bad day.**
Old 10-09-2017, 05:45 AM   #608
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RW City Sue
Stats: CW 212 GW 171
WOE: WW and Optifast
Start Date: 3/20/2016
Hi Berta, sounds like you are doing great and have found some things that are working for u. Sorry about hubby's back. It's tough being around someone when pain has made them ill tempered. The best thing is to do self care for ourselves and keep ourselves strong.

My home now is my house in the mountains. I've moved here permanently. I will be in San Jose later this week, though, to help out with my grandsons. My son's wife has decided to divorce him. He's behaved badly, so I can't blame her. The family is in crisis so I agreed to help my son transition to being a single father and help with the boys. Pray for me that I can stay strong with my program. It's really important to me to get this last 37 lbs off and be at goal weight for once. I have had the new WW mug cakes. They are really tasty I like that they are single portions.

Dottie, I've done Whole30 before also. I really enjoyed the paleo woe. I liked it a little too much and could manage to eat too much

Bracelet, I'm not familiar with the calculator you're talking about. Maybe try the WW support line
Old 10-09-2017, 12:26 PM   #609
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
Whole30 is a very strict, clean paleo plan.
Pretty much just meats, fruits, veggies and fats.
It can be tough to stick to because of the restrictions, but you getting all the chemicals out of your system can really make you feel good!
I am afraid I haven't the will power to stick with that. I have a hard enough time sticking with WW. More power to you girl

Quote:
It is the WW Smart Points calculator. It will calculate points for food, but if you click the button that looks like a tool (a wrench) you can type in your stats so that it can calculate how many daily and weekly points you get. You are supposed to be able to change your stats, so that's the deal. I want to change my weight as I lose (or gain)
I looked online for you and there are some videos that show you how to change things so look up how to change my weight on the WW calculator. Hope this helps

Quote:
Hi Berta, sounds like you are doing great and have found some things that are working for u. Sorry about hubby's back. It's tough being around someone when pain has made them ill tempered. The best thing is to do self care for ourselves and keep ourselves strong.

My home now is my house in the mountains. I've moved here permanently. I will be in San Jose later this week, though, to help out with my grandsons. My son's wife has decided to divorce him. He's behaved badly, so I can't blame her. The family is in crisis so I agreed to help my son transition to being a single father and help with the boys. Pray for me that I can stay strong with my program. It's really important to me to get this last 37 lbs off and be at goal weight for once. I have had the new WW mug cakes. They are really tasty I like that they are single portions.

Dottie, I've done Whole30 before also. I really enjoyed the paleo woe. I liked it a little too much and could manage to eat too much

Bracelet, I'm not familiar with the calculator you're talking about. Maybe try the WW support line
Hi Sue
Wow you are real mountain gal now I think it would be nice in a way. But i"m pretty much a city girl.

It is sweet of you to help with the kids. You are a good momma
Yes, I've been good this week. But that's my problem, sometimes I am sometimes I'm not. I need to be consistent with being good. But life gets in the way sometimes.

I told hubby last night " I love you. And I'm sorry your are hurting. But it isn't my fault. I wish I could help you relieve the pain but I can't. The valium you are taking side effects are irratability, anger, depression. So you best not take them if you don't really need them.They are addictive and you don't want to be a druggie do you? And I am tired of you grouching me out. So stop because I'm not putting up with it! He has been very nice and kind today

I think I shocked him I usually don't talk to him like that. But we've married 20 years and like I said he has never been this way before. So all is well once again.
I have had all blue dot days so far this week. I did get into my weeklies a bit but tomorrow is my weigh day. So I'm hoping for a loss of any kind.

Old 10-09-2017, 06:38 PM   #610
Bracelet
Senior LCF Member

My sister lives in our basement apartment. She is a widow and never learned to drive, so we take her everywhere with us, except every few months hubby and I tell her we are having a 'date'. We have one scheduled for tomorrow, we are calling it our 'shot date' because we will be getting our flu shots. My sister already has her shot for this year. From there we are going to a hardware store to pick up some tiny LED battery operated under cabinet lights. Then on to the next town to pick up fruits and veggies at Aldi because our Aldi is closed for 5 weeks while they expand the building. Then finally to Golden Corral for lunch. I went online and found a list of points for Golden Corral foods, so fingers crossed that I can control myself.

I know you all are envious of my hot date.
Old 10-10-2017, 04:22 PM   #611
Berta48
Berta48

Hello Gang
Well the verdict is in.I had 7 blue dot days and I lose 4 lbs this week. Can you believe it??
Now why can't I do that every week?

I am back at it now and don't feel deprived at all. I truly am going to beat this, one of these days.

Bracelet I hope your HOT date went well
Everyone else have a good weigh in. You too Bracelet.

Old 10-10-2017, 04:52 PM   #612
Bracelet
Senior LCF Member

Well, I lost 6 lbs. this week, but that is only because it is my first week.

Tried to measure the food with an imaginary measuring cup today at Golden Corral so I could count the points, hope my guestimates came close. The last thing I want to do is step on that scale tomorrow morning and weigh more than this morning. Can't resist weighing daily, even when not on a diet.

Quote:
I lose 4 lbs this week.
That's great. In coming weeks I am expecting a 2 lb. loss per week, but 4 lbs. would be awesome.
Old 10-10-2017, 06:02 PM   #613
Bracelet
Senior LCF Member

Does anyone know of a low point potato or vegetable or other type of chip? I am in need of something crunchy, but totally sick of pulling popcorn hulls out from between my teeth every day.
Old 10-10-2017, 08:00 PM   #614
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
Does anyone know of a low point potato or vegetable or other type of chip? I am in need of something crunchy, but totally sick of pulling popcorn hulls out from between my teeth every day.
Believe me I don't loose like that every week. i had gained so much I was extra careful/ Marie Callendar meals are helping me a lot. I have one of those and a vegetable. Like green beans or cauliflower or beets and I pickle them with vinegar and sweetener. We eat spinach too with vinegar too from the can I could eat whole can by myself.

WW online have chips that are low points but not many in them. I buy reduced fat Kettle Cooked chips 1 oz 4 SP.Online there are zuchinni chips listed just do a search.

CONGRATULATIONS on your first week that's awesome

THIS LADY HAS DONUTS, AND CASSEROLES AND ALL SORTS OF WONDERFUL WW FRIENDLY RECIPES.

I found this for you...
Spicy ranch zucchini fries
Author: Drizzle
3sp/3pp per serving
Ingredients
1 zucchini
¼ cup flour
5 Tbsp light ranch dressing
3 Tbsp franks hot sauce
½ cup bread crumbs (or panko crumbs)
1.5 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese
2 tsp italian seasoning
Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 425F, line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Wash and cut your zucchini in to 4 quarters, cutting in half, and then half again. Cut those into 5 fries each,
giving you 20 fries.
3. Place your flour in a flat dish, and same with your breadcrumbs. Mix your parmesan cheese and italian
seasoning in with your breadcrumbs. In a bowl mix your ranch and hot sauce together.
4. Roll your zucchini pieces in your flour, shaking any excess off, then dip and coat in ranch and then roll in your
crumbs making sure to cover it all. Lay pieces out on your baking sheet.
5. Bake in oven for approx 22-24 minutes. You can turn over if you want half way but it's not necessary, sometimes
they can become messy if you move them around.
6. Makes 20 fries at 3 smart points per 5 (3 points plus) feel free to double recipe if you need more.
7. *Please note when figuring out nutritional info, I only accounted for 2 Tbsp flour and ⅓ cup bread crumbs as you
will have leftover on the plates, but need that amount to make sure they all cover easily.
8. Nutritional info per serving of 5 fries (not incl zucchini) Calories 95..Fat 4.9g...Sat fat 1.2g..Carbs 10.3g...Fiber
0.4g...Sugars 1.8g...Protein 2.3g
Recipe by Drizzle Me Skinny!

Last edited by Berta48; 10-10-2017 at 08:13 PM..
Old 10-11-2017, 12:43 PM   #615
Bracelet
Senior LCF Member

I don't know where you all go when you want to find out how many points are in a product before buying it, but I go to the Walmart site because they list the nutrition on just about every product there is. The lowest point chips I found was 4 per serving and I'm not willing to spend that many for a handful of chips, so for now I will deal with the popcorn hulls.

Unfortunately, my fear was realized. After eating out yesterday, the scale said a pound heavier this morning. Since the past 2 years were spent losing and re-gaining the same 5 pounds, this is kinda discouraging. Obviously, from now on eating out must consist of salad and fruit. Did I mention that although I sometimes force myself to eat it, I strongly dislike salad?

I have been making a small pot of soup in the electric pressure cooker every day, using a can of tomatoes, which is all the liquid that I put in it. But I noticed yesterday that the tomatoes in the soup have been rapidly removing the enamel from my teeth, so I will have to find some other type of liquid to use and leave the tomatoes out. I don't like chicken, beef or vegetable broth, so looks like it will take some experimenting to resolve this. I thought about using a powdered gravy mix and water, but that would add too many points. Any suggestions?

The salsa I have been using on my salads hasn't helped the enamel, either. I only like mayo-based dressings and can only hack down salads if drenched in a good dressing. 2 tablespoons is like nothing to me. Truth is, the only salad dressing I really like is ranch, but can't stand any of the reduced calorie and/or fat ones, but don't want to spend the points on 1/4 cup of the real thing. As you can tell, I am very stingy with how I spend the points. So this salad thing is something I need to figure out, also.

Will be glad when all of these annoying little problems are worked out.
Old 10-12-2017, 02:57 PM   #616
Bracelet
Senior LCF Member

Today has been a good day. At this morning's weigh-in, I had lost the pound I gained from Golden Corral.

You all might already know about these, but I searched for a low-point something crunchy and found Keebler Club Cracker Minis, Multi-grain. They are 2 points for 17 crackers. The crackers are small, but with 17 of them, I am satisfied. I have a metal sprayer that sprays an extremely fine mist. I believe I found it in the hair department at Walmart. I only use distilled water in it so that it doesn't go rancid, and I can use it to spray food. I laid 17 crackers in a single layer on a paper towel and gave them a light spritz, just enough that they would hold on to the salt that I sprinkled over them. They tasted great.

I also keep a small container of cinnamon mixed with powdered Splenda. For dessert after dinner I spritzed 17 crackers and sprinkled on some cinnamon mixture. Very good.

Last edited by Bracelet; 10-12-2017 at 02:59 PM..
Old 10-16-2017, 05:27 AM   #617
Dottie
Administrator

Hey!
From the hungrygirl news email:

PAM Superior No Stick Cooking Spray Pumps
5 sprays: 10 calories, 1g total fat (0g sat fat), 0mg sodium, 0g carbs, 0g fiber, 0g sugars, 0g protein -- SmartPoints® value 0*

These are pumps instead of "1/4 second" aerosol sprays.
Much easier to control how much you use
They are olive oil or canola oil pumps.

Need to contact LCF?

Old 10-18-2017, 08:45 AM   #618
Berta48
Berta48

Good Morning Gang
I had another great loss this week. I am so happy. I just pray that I keep it up. I know the loss will slow down when the bumps in life happen, but for now I am rejoicing. I lost 3.6 this week and 4.2 last week. They gave me a 25 lb charm last night. But I had one already but I accepted it ,as I did loose it. Even if it was again! Then got home and can't find it

Bracelet I hope you find something that works for you.
I know I had to just change my taste on things and in time It did change. I now enjoy a lot of things I use to not like, such as Almond Milk for one.

As for soup I use bullion cubes and FF broth.Have you tried the vegetable broth?
Or maybe just water and seasonings such as rosemary, thyme & garlic etc.

I make a lot of soups and are zero points.If you use tomatoes, cabbage, carrots, green beans, cauliflower, broccoli, onions, yellow squash & mushrooms It is zero points and so good.

Sue
Where are you girl? And how are things going for you up in those mountains? I can't remember where you live. Are you in California? If so are you near those wildfires? I hope not.They are are really a terrible thing. So many have lost everything they have including some their lives!

Dottie

How is the paleo going for you? Was glad to see you post. Keep us informed on your progress.
I have seen a lot of advertisement lately on the Keto Diet. But when I tried Atkins I could never get into ketosis and my Dr. at the time said it was very dangerous to be in.But I am thinking she was thinking of something else. But not certain on that.

WW online have a sprayer. I bought it and it is ten sprays of oil for one SP. I love it and use all the time!

Well everyone time to get off here my little girl will be here and I need to do a few things before she arrives.

SO let us all have a GREAT WEEK AHEAD!!!!

Last edited by Berta48; 10-18-2017 at 08:47 AM..
Old 10-18-2017, 09:26 AM   #619
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RW City Sue
Stats: CW 212 GW 171
WOE: WW and Optifast
Start Date: 3/20/2016
Up 2.4 today at weigh-in What a struggle I'm having lately. I'm going back home after my meeting and pitching any and all junk I find in the house. If I'm going to have to live here for awhile to help w grandsons, I insist on a ww friendly kitchen. I really didn't think my week was all that bad but the scale tells the story- bites, licks, tastes all added up.

Bracelet and Berta, you're doing great. Congrats on your 25 lb charm Berta.

I'm in San Jose. I'll be going back home for the weekend then returning to my son's. The fires are all around us and it's been smokey but we're not threatened by them.

I'm going to hunker down and have a really golden week. I have to. I'm going to double down on my efforts. There is just no turning back now. I didn't come this far to only get this far as the saying goes!

Last edited by RW City Sue; 10-18-2017 at 09:28 AM..
RW City Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 11:46 AM   #620
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
Up 2.4 today at weigh-in What a struggle I'm having lately. I'm going back home after my meeting and pitching any and all junk I find in the house. If I'm going to have to live here for awhile to help w grandsons, I insist on a ww friendly kitchen. I really didn't think my week was all that bad but the scale tells the story- bites, licks, tastes all added up.

Bracelet and Berta, you're doing great. Congrats on your 25 lb charm Berta.

I'm in San Jose. I'll be going back home for the weekend then returning to my son's. The fires are all around us and it's been smokey but we're not threatened by them.

I'm going to hunker down and have a really golden week. I have to. I'm going to double down on my efforts. There is just no turning back now. I didn't come this far to only get this far as the saying goes!

Sue
Cheer up It will get better. Look at me I went for four months and no meetings, gained ten lbs. But now I am back at it. We CAN DO THIS!! It is just like life ups and downs. But we don't quit living. We just have to press on and do better. This is a lifetime thing we know that, right? You have done amazing and I know you can do this.

You are almost to goal. So press on my friend!!! Make sure you have lots of veggies and low point dips for those times you want to nibble!!!

I have to make myself I mean literally! to not eat at night. My mind reminds me of things I have and even if they are on plan but my points are gone for the day.I have to talk to myself and remind myself which do you want the most?? Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

But I know we can do this. We are here for you . So hugs and hang in there my friend!!!!

Old 10-18-2017, 08:21 PM   #621
Berta48
Berta48

Bracelet
I just happened to think this evening you were talking about soups. They have Progresso light soups in all kinds of different flavors that are low SP. Just thought that might be of help and interest to you?