Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Forum Jump
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2017, 02:06 PM   #31
SkeeterN
Major LCF Poster!
 
SkeeterN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: West Central Ohio
Posts: 1,895
Gallery: SkeeterN
Stats: 4'10 and 170/120 (menopause stinks)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: April 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBipp View Post
Anita, I have enjoyed your Danish recipe immensely. Thank you for posting. I substituted flax for the Parm this morning and I prefer that variation as it provides more fiber in my daily WOE. I realize that many cannot tolerate flax but it is a viable option that is just as delicious!
I will have to remember that
__________________
~~Anita~~
Celebrated Atkins for 13 years!
Read how low carb saved my life
Anita's Web Page
SkeeterN is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-2017, 12:54 PM   #32
JayLynn
Major LCF Poster!
 
JayLynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 2,089
Gallery: JayLynn
WOE: Keto/IF
Start Date: HDE Jan 2015, IF Feb 2016
I made one this morning with mozzarella and flaxseed meal and added a little cinnamon. It was awesome! Goes so nice with coffee.
__________________
Jan

Make good choices. I choose love and good health.

"In the beginning, we make our habits. Over time, our habits make us."

Eat clean and keep moving.
And laugh a lot!
JayLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 05:21 PM   #33
eBungalow
Junior LCF Member
 
eBungalow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: High Plains
Posts: 30
Gallery: eBungalow
Stats: working toward healthier
WOE: NK
Start Date: July 2010
Thank you so much for this recipe! I replaced the 2 T of parm with 1 t of psyllium husk powder. Made everything else just as listed. So good.
eBungalow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 05:40 PM   #34
autumn4
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 1
Gallery: autumn4
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkeeterN View Post
Fantastic, I also made one and made a topping of butter and cinnamon and added just a pinch of xanthum gum so it wouldn't be crazy runny. Made a great cinnamon roll in place of the cream cheese
Sounds like a great idea!:
autumn4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 05:24 AM   #35
SkeeterN
Major LCF Poster!
 
SkeeterN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: West Central Ohio
Posts: 1,895
Gallery: SkeeterN
Stats: 4'10 and 170/120 (menopause stinks)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: April 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by eBungalow View Post
Thank you so much for this recipe! I replaced the 2 T of parm with 1 t of psyllium husk powder. Made everything else just as listed. So good.
Well that's interesting. What sort of texture was it
__________________
~~Anita~~
Celebrated Atkins for 13 years!
Read how low carb saved my life
Anita's Web Page
SkeeterN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 08:00 AM   #36
cselzler
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tulsa Oklahoma
Posts: 102
Gallery: cselzler
WOE: moderate carbs
Problems problems problems.
Mine looked more like chicken noodle soup instead of chick and noodles. Put in the full 1/3 cup mozzarella but would have needed another 1/4 cup at least to make it be thick enough to "spread". So I added a T. Of almond flour. It still was very liquid. But thought I'd just try it and see. I don't like warm cream cheese so didn't bake it just took a bit of my always present in the fridge cream cheese fluff and ate it beside the baked danish. I was too hungry to wait for it to cool off. It was ok but I could taste the parm. Next time I'll try something else in its place.
As far as the soupy start, I wonder if it matters what kind of shreds your mozzarella is. I used the finely shredded kind. Also, my hens lay all sizes of eggs. Next time I'll try a smaller one.
I don't like the mouth feel of flax. Any ideas for a sub for the Parmesan besides psyllium or flax.

Last edited by cselzler; 09-05-2017 at 08:04 AM..
cselzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 08:04 AM   #37
SkeeterN
Major LCF Poster!
 
SkeeterN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: West Central Ohio
Posts: 1,895
Gallery: SkeeterN
Stats: 4'10 and 170/120 (menopause stinks)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: April 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by cselzler View Post
Problems problems problems.
Mine looked more like chicken noodle soup instead of chick and noodles. Put in the full 1/3 cup mozzarella but would have needed another 1/4 cup at least to make it be thick enough to "spread". So I added a T. Of almond flour. It still was very liquid. But thought I'd just try it and see. I don't like warm cream cheese so didn't bake it just took a bit of my always present in the fridge cream cheese fluff and ate it beside the baked danish. I was too hungry to wait for it to cool off. It was ok but I could taste the parm. Next time I'll try something else in its place.
As far as the soupy start, I wonder if it matters what kind of shreds your mozzarella is. I used the finely shredded kind. Also, my hens lay all sizes of eggs. Next time I'll try a smaller one.
I don't like the mouth feel of flax. Any ideas for a sub for the Parmesan?
I just add more mozzarella if it seems to liquidy. Sorry you didn't like it.
__________________
~~Anita~~
Celebrated Atkins for 13 years!
Read how low carb saved my life
Anita's Web Page
SkeeterN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 10:18 AM   #38
cselzler
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tulsa Oklahoma
Posts: 102
Gallery: cselzler
WOE: moderate carbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkeeterN View Post
I just add more mozzarella if it seems to liquidy. Sorry you didn't like it.
I can't say I didn't like it. Just the parm taste came through to me. Maybe I should have added more sweetener. That may cover the tang of the parm. I like the fact that it was all cheese though. What is the reasoning for the Parmesan? Just to thicken or some other reason? Trying to think of other ingredients I could sub for it. I think my egg was too large and that's why it was so soupy. It did come out a little eggy. I just grabbed an egg and didn't think about the size. Some of my hens' eggs are huge.
cselzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 11:44 AM   #39
JayLynn
Major LCF Poster!
 
JayLynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 2,089
Gallery: JayLynn
WOE: Keto/IF
Start Date: HDE Jan 2015, IF Feb 2016
I don' use parmesan either. But I have used coconut flour instead and it turned out great. Coconut flour is supposed to absorb liquid. I just make sure its the right consistency before baking it. I love this recipe and have it about once a week or so.
__________________
Jan

Make good choices. I choose love and good health.

"In the beginning, we make our habits. Over time, our habits make us."

Eat clean and keep moving.
And laugh a lot!
JayLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 07:29 AM   #40
eBungalow
Junior LCF Member
 
eBungalow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: High Plains
Posts: 30
Gallery: eBungalow
Stats: working toward healthier
WOE: NK
Start Date: July 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkeeterN View Post
Well that's interesting. What sort of texture was it
Probably more wet and chewy than the recipe made with parm? I can't really remember what flour-made danishes taste like, so it's all good for me.

I'm making your cinnamon roll option--covering the top of the dough with cinnamon/butter/swerve--and then icing it with a little bit of cream cheese frosting. The cinnamon/butter sinks through the dough and makes it very cinnamon-roll like to my palate. So good.

I've also quadrupled the recipe, baking it in an 8x8 pan, and then dividing into fourths or eighths. Works great!

Thanks again!
eBungalow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 07:32 AM   #41
Sunshine11
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 48
Gallery: Sunshine11
Stats: 228/145/140
WOE: Adkins
Start Date: January 2013
I've added a 1/2 tsp of physillum husk when i wanted to keep my cheeses a bit lower. Maybe worth a try of you have some.
Sunshine11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 11:56 AM   #42
SkeeterN
Major LCF Poster!
 
SkeeterN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: West Central Ohio
Posts: 1,895
Gallery: SkeeterN
Stats: 4'10 and 170/120 (menopause stinks)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: April 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by cselzler View Post
I can't say I didn't like it. Just the parm taste came through to me. Maybe I should have added more sweetener. That may cover the tang of the parm. I like the fact that it was all cheese though. What is the reasoning for the Parmesan? Just to thicken or some other reason? Trying to think of other ingredients I could sub for it. I think my egg was too large and that's why it was so soupy. It did come out a little eggy. I just grabbed an egg and didn't think about the size. Some of my hens' eggs are huge.
My reasoning was you use parmesan for bread crumbs that this could sub for almond flour
__________________
~~Anita~~
Celebrated Atkins for 13 years!
Read how low carb saved my life
Anita's Web Page
SkeeterN is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:52 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2017 Netrition, Inc. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Netrition, Inc.