Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 02-18-2015, 02:50 PM   #31
grneyedldy
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: grneyedldy
Stats: 180/134/120
WOE: NK
Start Date: 9/2/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiltzandrew View Post
So sorry I didn't reply to your post! I thought I made sure to go through all of them.

I will take the ketone sticks with a grain of salt. Maybe later on I'll buy the blood test, and I'll be substituting a whole foot for the fiber bar (now that I know I don't need fiber). Also, I never even considered adding mayo to the eggs. Or cheese. Wonderful idea!

You all have been so helpful, sorry again for not replying to the initial post!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kay9 View Post
slurps. Fat is your friend....
I hope you know I was just kidding about you not replying to my post.

You might want to try 20 net carbs and see how you do. Men can drop weight very quickly with this way of eating and your age should play in your favor. Then again you might be very carb sensitive. You will have to experiment. You should be able to stay in ketosis with 20 net or less a day though. That is a standard threshold. As for veggies, some are lower carb than others (stay away from carrots). So if you enjoy veggies you might want to experiment there too.

If you are not happy and satisfied with your food and you think of this as a temporary diet, then your weight loss will be temporary too.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2015, 02:57 PM   #32
MinnieSkinnie
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MinnieSkinnie
Stats: 242/194/164
WOE: Started SBD, now Keto!
Start Date: SBD 1/2012, Keto 3/2014
Quote:
Are veggies really worth the carbs?

I used to love a bag of California medley (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, and maybe some other junk) but the portion I enjoyed had 8 net carbs. Is that worth the 8 net carbs? Would going from 8 to 16 throw me out of keto?

I would love the handful of pecans, but they seem to be so high in net carbs (and I've never been able to have a handful of anything). I tend to stay away from things that would allow me to eat more than I should.

I was trying to find a good salad dressing, but everyone I found had a few grams of sugar per serving, or at least a few net carbs. Maybe I'm worrying too much about the net carbs.

The keto calculator said that I'm fine with all of my numbers, except that I should be having more fat. My protein is allegedly fine according to the macro, but I will be increasing it as suggested by others in this thread.

I never considered tuna either. I will be incorporating that as well.

I'm tempted to increase my net carbs to 20 to allow for more veggies, but I'm not sure if that change would throw me out of keto.
What is your net carb goal? Mine is 20 or under every day. 1/2 serving of pecans is like 1 net carb.They are one of the lowest. Hidden Valley ranch is 2 carbs for 2 Tbsp. I eat veggies, but one serving, not entire bags of them-i looked at it as something to put butter on lol. For salad i use baby spinach. You are subtracting the fiber to get your net carbs, correct?
MinnieSkinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 03:07 PM   #33
Faia
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Faia
WOE: LC/Avoid Frankenfoods
Start Date: March 2009
Quote:
I thought fiber was a good thing . Shocking. I will be switching to a whole food breakfast instead of the fiber bar. I thought it would help with bowel movements (sorry if TMI). I tend to go about once a week, if not less (probably due to how little I'm eating).
Ummm... Once a week is NOT good. Ideally at least one per day.

I have found that with adequate fat intake, hunger is never an "OMG! Must eat entire pantry!" matter. Even sometimes skip meals due to not being hungry.

Ramp down the fiber slowly if you're that far bound up. Abruptly stopping that much fiber will likely make things worse. At 'once per week' you are dangerously close to blockage requiring hospitalization.
Faia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 06:53 PM   #34
Mistizoom
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/230/190 initial goal
WOE: attemping the Perfect Health Diet
Start Date: low carb - 11/2012, PHD - 2/2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faia View Post
Ummm... Once a week is NOT good. Ideally at least one per day.

I have found that with adequate fat intake, hunger is never an "OMG! Must eat entire pantry!" matter. Even sometimes skip meals due to not being hungry.

Ramp down the fiber slowly if you're that far bound up. Abruptly stopping that much fiber will likely make things worse. At 'once per week' you are dangerously close to blockage requiring hospitalization.
It's a myth that one "needs" to have a bowel movement one or more times a day. It simply isn't true. Constipation is not solely related to frequency of bowel movements, even though that is a popular misconception. Definition: http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/184704-overview#2

Last edited by Mistizoom; 02-18-2015 at 07:00 PM..
Mistizoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 07:13 PM   #35
Faia
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Faia
WOE: LC/Avoid Frankenfoods
Start Date: March 2009
Cancer Center tells me to worry at 3 days, I can't imagine going a week. Then again, if your blood sugar is crashing, the hospital will force you to drink juice with extra sugar stirred in.

Then again, I can remember 30 years ago better than last week. I hope I can get my head back when the chemo is done.
Faia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 08:53 PM   #36
Mistizoom
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/230/190 initial goal
WOE: attemping the Perfect Health Diet
Start Date: low carb - 11/2012, PHD - 2/2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faia View Post
Cancer Center tells me to worry at 3 days, I can't imagine going a week. Then again, if your blood sugar is crashing, the hospital will force you to drink juice with extra sugar stirred in.

Then again, I can remember 30 years ago better than last week. I hope I can get my head back when the chemo is done.
Sorry to hear about this. Since you are undergoing chemo you certainly should follow whatever advice your doctor gives you.
Mistizoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 03:52 PM   #37
MetalChick86
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MetalChick86
Stats: 255/235.6/140
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: 06/30/2014 Restart 1/19/2015
If bowel movements are a concern, supplementing with magnesium and upping the fat should both help. I love Natural Calm unflavored powdered magnesium...I use it as a before bed time tea! Very relaxing.

"As I see it every day you do one of two things: build health or produce disease in yourself." - Adelle Davis

MetalChick86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 10:32 PM   #38
FatBomb
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FatBomb
A lot of excellent advice here! I just thought I'd throw in a suggestion for your egg dinner. My egg fast staple for dinner is a 3 egg cheese omelet. I melt 3 tablespoons of butter in the pan I'm going to cook the omelet in, then pour the excess into the egg mixture. Mix that in very well before pouring into the hot pan. As the eggs cook, lift the edges with a fork and tilt the pan to let the raw egg flow underneath. Keep doing that until all the raw egg is cooked. Add 1 oz. of hard cheese, like cheddar, muenster, any kind and cook on med/low until the cheese melts and the egg is set. Slide onto a plate and fold over in the same motion. Enjoy.
FatBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 07:10 AM   #39
clackley
Chatty Cathy

Gallery: clackley
WOE: N.K.=vlc/moderate protein/high fat
Start Date: Restart Oct 18 2009
Welcome to our little community! You have received some very good advice on all topics. The only thing I can think to add is to be careful of the types of fats you choose. You don't want to consume seed oils or corn oils. They are nutritionally horrible. Stick to animal fats, coconut oil, olive oil for dressings and avocado oil for high temps.

It sounds as if you are already in ketosis and therefore, I wouldn't worry about measuring sticks of any sort at this point.

I like keto coffee for a quick start in the day because it contains almost no protein and carbs but has as much fat as you decide in order to encourage fat for your main fuel source of energy. Using coconut oil (c.o.) and/or m.c.t. oil is of particular good use because they quickly convert to ketones.

These types of oils also may have a laxative effect in the beginning as your body adapts to them so go slow.

Lots of posters have spoken to the issue of sustainability. In my opinion it is very, very important. As most of us already know all too well, when we 'drift' from what we ate to lose weight, we begin to gain it back. So the importance of finding a way to eat that is nourishing, healthful and in general pleasing to the body is of the utmost importance. This journey should be a lifetime venture.

"The energy content of food (calories) matters, but it is less important than the metabolic effect of food on our body." Dr. P. Attia
“Eat animals. Mostly fat. Enjoy!
"I resist insulin" Hyperlipid
We are butter together!

Last edited by clackley; 02-20-2015 at 07:11 AM..
clackley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 10:56 AM   #40
DABG
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DABG
Stats: S:184, C: 156.0 G: 145-140
WOE: HFLC, IF, EF
Start Date: RS: 12/ 28/13
your weight loss and your open mind, your honest questions are impressive and heartwarming and if any of us were to bet on it, we would put money on your ultimate success. (And your young age is really in your favor)

However, your questions and comments lead me to wonder (and I may be wrong here of course) WHAT BOOKS HAVE YOU READ about keto, low carb or paleo ways of life? It at least appears that you have read few, if any. (Forgive me if I missed your mention of a book, which got you started on your journey.) A good book (example: Phinney and Volek) can be of immense help to you in getting started--in addition to the helpful caring advice you can always find here!

There are many excellent books out there on subjects related specifically to what you, and the rest of us, are attempting; you can borrow any or all of them from your library to see what works best for you before you spend any money on them.

Having read several of the best books available on HFLC eating, many of us here at the HFLC forum have combined several approaches from them to improving our health and achieve weight loss successfully.

If you tell us the books you have read, you will receive suggestions here of others you might find helpful.

Books or not--you are doing wonderfully well and we are all cheering you on!
DABG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 01:56 PM   #41
MetalChick86
Senior LCF Member

I agree on the books! I find them to be inspiring, as well as interesting and helpful knowledge-wise!

"As I see it every day you do one of two things: build health or produce disease in yourself." - Adelle Davis

Old 02-24-2015, 05:15 PM   #42
wiltzandrew
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: wiltzandrew
Quote:
Originally Posted by DABG View Post
your weight loss and your open mind, your honest questions are impressive and heartwarming and if any of us were to bet on it, we would put money on your ultimate success. (And your young age is really in your favor)

However, your questions and comments lead me to wonder (and I may be wrong here of course) WHAT BOOKS HAVE YOU READ about keto, low carb or paleo ways of life? It at least appears that you have read few, if any. (Forgive me if I missed your mention of a book, which got you started on your journey.) A good book (example: Phinney and Volek) can be of immense help to you in getting started--in addition to the helpful caring advice you can always find here!

There are many excellent books out there on subjects related specifically to what you, and the rest of us, are attempting; you can borrow any or all of them from your library to see what works best for you before you spend any money on them.

Having read several of the best books available on HFLC eating, many of us here at the HFLC forum have combined several approaches from them to improving our health and achieve weight loss successfully.

If you tell us the books you have read, you will receive suggestions here of others you might find helpful.

Books or not--you are doing wonderfully well and we are all cheering you on!
Hello again all, sorry for the delay in getting back to everyone.

I haven't touched a single book on this topic, all of this I learned through a friend who is a biologist/keto expert (he has lost over 100lbs so far).

I will definitely be checking out those books though.
wiltzandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 05:21 PM   #43
wiltzandrew
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clackley View Post
Welcome to our little community! You have received some very good advice on all topics. The only thing I can think to add is to be careful of the types of fats you choose. You don't want to consume seed oils or corn oils. They are nutritionally horrible. Stick to animal fats, coconut oil, olive oil for dressings and avocado oil for high temps.

It sounds as if you are already in ketosis and therefore, I wouldn't worry about measuring sticks of any sort at this point.

I like keto coffee for a quick start in the day because it contains almost no protein and carbs but has as much fat as you decide in order to encourage fat for your main fuel source of energy. Using coconut oil (c.o.) and/or m.c.t. oil is of particular good use because they quickly convert to ketones.

These types of oils also may have a laxative effect in the beginning as your body adapts to them so go slow.

Lots of posters have spoken to the issue of sustainability. In my opinion it is very, very important. As most of us already know all too well, when we 'drift' from what we ate to lose weight, we begin to gain it back. So the importance of finding a way to eat that is nourishing, healthful and in general pleasing to the body is of the utmost importance. This journey should be a lifetime venture.
You were all correct about sustainability.

Unfortunately during Valentine's Day weekend, I cheated a bit (or a lot). In doing so, I gained back 10lbs in two days, and got right back on my old diet. While it has been nearly a week, I have only lost about 3 of the 10lbs I gained in those two days. On Friday I had 500 net carbs of Reeses and Butterfingers, and on Saturday I had orange chicken with fried rice. Only about 3000 calories per day, but it somehow resulted in a 10lb gain. It should fall off gradually now that I am back on the diet.

I have increased my calorie allotment to 1800 calories, and greatly increased the fat as well (up to about 150 grams per day, from 35 grams per day).

Other than for the sake of sanity, is there any advantage in having cheat days? My friend (who lost over 100lbs through a keto diet) had two cheat days each week (on his weekends). Does the body respond better to on-and-off-again ketosis?
Old 02-24-2015, 05:22 PM   #44
wiltzandrew
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBomb View Post
A lot of excellent advice here! I just thought I'd throw in a suggestion for your egg dinner. My egg fast staple for dinner is a 3 egg cheese omelet. I melt 3 tablespoons of butter in the pan I'm going to cook the omelet in, then pour the excess into the egg mixture. Mix that in very well before pouring into the hot pan. As the eggs cook, lift the edges with a fork and tilt the pan to let the raw egg flow underneath. Keep doing that until all the raw egg is cooked. Add 1 oz. of hard cheese, like cheddar, muenster, any kind and cook on med/low until the cheese melts and the egg is set. Slide onto a plate and fold over in the same motion. Enjoy.
This sounds amazing! I will be trying it soon. Thank you!
Old 02-24-2015, 05:23 PM   #45
wiltzandrew
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistizoom View Post
It's a myth that one "needs" to have a bowel movement one or more times a day. It simply isn't true. Constipation is not solely related to frequency of bowel movements, even though that is a popular misconception. Definition: http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/184704-overview#2
This is very good to know! I will not worry about fiber or frequency anymore.
Old 02-25-2015, 08:19 AM   #46
clackley
Chatty Cathy

Gallery: clackley
WOE: N.K.=vlc/moderate protein/high fat
Start Date: Restart Oct 18 2009
Quote:
You were all correct about sustainability.

Unfortunately during Valentine's Day weekend, I cheated a bit (or a lot). In doing so, I gained back 10lbs in two days, and got right back on my old diet. While it has been nearly a week, I have only lost about 3 of the 10lbs I gained in those two days. On Friday I had 500 net carbs of Reeses and Butterfingers, and on Saturday I had orange chicken with fried rice. Only about 3000 calories per day, but it somehow resulted in a 10lb gain. It should fall off gradually now that I am back on the diet.

I have increased my calorie allotment to 1800 calories, and greatly increased the fat as well (up to about 150 grams per day, from 35 grams per day).

Other than for the sake of sanity, is there any advantage in having cheat days? My friend (who lost over 100lbs through a keto diet) had two cheat days each week (on his weekends). Does the body respond better to on-and-off-again ketosis?
This is a controversial subject that is also very individual. Know thyself. I would say that you should first become 100% keto adapted which means 6 wks (at minimum) of strict adherence. There are bodily functions that will change during your adaption phase and until that has happened, I don't think any of the hypothesized benefits would apply.

You know that 10 lbs. of scale weight will most certainly be mostly fluids (water). It would be virtually impossible to gain that much body fat. You will see a less dramatic loss but it should come off.

Just a little note about calorie counting. It is not necessary - particularly in the initial stages. You should be eating the proper foods to feel satisfied (not stuffed) and you should be keeping carbs at 20g or below. That is it. No calorie counting. If over time, you feel like you are not losing, you can then start to change up your macros.

"The energy content of food (calories) matters, but it is less important than the metabolic effect of food on our body." Dr. P. Attia
“Eat animals. Mostly fat. Enjoy!
"I resist insulin" Hyperlipid
We are butter together!
clackley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 08:20 AM   #47
kay9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kay9
Stats: 432/180/200
WOE: Atkins (DANDR 2002)
Start Date: August 27th 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalChick86 View Post
If bowel movements are a concern, supplementing with magnesium and upping the fat should both help. I love Natural Calm unflavored powdered magnesium...I use it as a before bed time tea! Very relaxing.
x2 on Natural Calm. I take a glass of it twice a day (helps with my calcium ratio) and usually have a 8 hour window before BIG BADA BOOM.
Old 02-25-2015, 09:05 PM   #48
DABG
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DABG
Stats: S:184, C: 156.0 G: 145-140
WOE: HFLC, IF, EF
Start Date: RS: 12/ 28/13
Quote:

Cathy is right about the cheat days--all of us will react to them differently. I cannot even do a bit of cheating without paying the price of watching my scale reading climb. But if your friend is male, and young (neither of which describes me ) he has an advantage which a lot of women never benefit from.

Perhaps you can get away with a cheat of a few calories now and then--all you can do is try, IF the concept of a cheat day is important to you as a reward. For me, it is a "reward" if the scale does not go up--and that is enough to keep me from cheating or wanting to.

You are so smart to begin this journey while you are young enough to benefit in so many ways from the weight loss which will accompany better health! Every day I see young people who are at risk because of their weight, and whether you know it or not, there are people who are watching you who will be inspired by you. It won't be easy--all of us have had set-backs, but don't give up--and do always come here when you need inspiration. I think this place has saved, NOT JUST MY LIFE, BUT MANY LIVES!
DABG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 07:42 AM   #49
sheepdog
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sheepdog
Just a reminder if your intermittant fasting, eating low "residual" foods like eggs/steak/etc the normal rules of movements a week dont apply. For example I did the egg fast awhile back with 20/4 IF and I think i had maybe one movement the whole week. Maybe more but certainly not much.
sheepdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 02:52 PM   #50
MetalChick86
Senior LCF Member

My "cheats" tend to be toward excess protein...like lots of yummy chicken wings! Then I don't tend to gain a ton, and lose it again fairly quickly. If I cheat with carbs I tend to feel the repercussions a lot longer...but then I am very sensitive to them

Old 03-08-2015, 04:59 PM   #51
lovetoknit
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lovetoknit
Quote:
Hello all!

I started my ketogenic diet on 1/17/2015 (31 days ago) and I have lost approximately 25lbs since then. I currently weigh 375lbs.

This has been my diet every single day since then, without any cheat days:

Breakfast: Quest Protein Bar and a glass of Almond milk
Lunch: Balsamic Vinegar and Rosemary Grilled Chicken Breast from Trader Joe's
Dinner: 3 large eggs

This comes out to 35 grams of fat, 8 net carbs, and 112 grams of protein (819 calories total). I meet most of my nutritional needs (including calcium), and I am not hungry or fatigued. My sodium intake is fine, and I have over 2 liters of water per day (exceeding the required 8 glasses). I quit caffeine, dairy, all carbonated beverages (including soda), and I have almost no sugar (less than 4 grams per day). All I drink is water.

To be in ketosis, I need to be under 50 net carbs, so I thought 8 net carbs should do the trick (overkill, even). I also need to have at least as much protein as my body requires to function for my sedentary lifestyle (which is around 100 grams of protein per day given my weight at the absolute minimum, according to various sources). I'm worried about protein being converted into sugar, so I went with the absolute minimum.

A few sources say that for the ketogenic diet, the proportion of fat to all other macronutrients should be 4:1, but right now my diet is 1:15 ratio of fat to other macronutrients.

I've been using the ketone urine strips, and I'm hovering below 1.5 mmol/L, below optimal ketosis (1.5-3 mmol/L).

How am I below optimal ketosis?

Do I need to eat even fewer carbs? Or more fat? How important is the 4:1 ratio?

Am I having too much protein, resulting in some of the protein converting into glucose? Might that being hurting my ketone level?

Eventually I will incorporate exercise into this plan, but not until I lose a little more weight. I've tried to incorporate exercise into diets before, and it almost always results in failure (and almost always due to the exercise).

On a side note, my previous diet was upwards of 5,000 calories per day, mostly carbs, moderate fat and very little protein. I very quickly transitioned into the above diet without consulting with a doctor first. How important is it that I consult with a doctor before changing my diet this drastically? I'm only 25 years old and I'm in relatively good health (despite weighing 1/5th of a ton).
I think your protein is probably fine. I do think that you need more fat. Try adding butter to your food. I would say that you need at least 100 grams of fat a day. I would say that you need at least 2000 calories a day until you lose more weight. You could eat a few more carbs also. Maybe go to 20 a day.
Carolyn
lovetoknit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 06:30 AM   #52
soonergal76
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: soonergal76
Stats: 398/324/150
Start Date: 01/12/2014
I'm sorry I didn't see this post before. Welcome to LCHF. I agree with the advice on cutting out the quest bar. If it's not natural, don't eat it!

Sounds like you are doing very well already. I agree with the friend that said if you are very low carb, it's difficult not to lose unless your protein is too high.

The eggs are awesome I have 2-3 every day.

Also, I was wondering if you are incorporating olive oil or coconut oil?

Also, what about avocados or olives?

These are all ways to get fats in and not have to worry about high amounts of protein.

Congratulations on choosing LCHF and good luck on your journey!
soonergal76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 12:02 AM   #53
MerryKate
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MerryKate
Stats: 219/207.6/175
WOE: HFLC/ADF
Start Date: January 2017
Quote:
On Friday I had 500 net carbs of Reeses and Butterfingers
Sounds like you love peanut butter & chocolate as much as I do. I'm a firm believer in making low-carb versions of the foods you love. If you don't have something healthy to turn to when the cravings hit, you'll fall off the wagon easily.

With that in mind, I thought I'd tell you about a couple of NK treats that use chocolate & peanut butter. The first may sound a bit odd, but it tastes very much like reese's peanut butter candy.

Puppy Chow

1/2 cup "Natural" peanut butter (no sugar added)
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup butter
3 tbsp cocoa powder
4 tsp Splenda or liquid equivalent
6 oz Original or unflavored pork rinds

In a small pot, add peanut butter, coconut oil, butter, cocoa powder. Stir until well combined, and heat over medium heat until well combined. When hot, add splenda (splenda will go bitter if heated - add it last).

Put pork rinds in a large bowl. Pour chocolate mixture over top pork rinds, and mix until well covered. Tip: Break pork rinds into small pieces to make pieces easier to cover. Chill for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.

Makes 12 servings, each:
Calories: 226.2
Total Fat: 18.9 g
Cholesterol: 10.3 mg
Sodium: 67.5 mg
Total Carbs: 3.0 g
Dietary Fiber: 1.1 g
Protein: 12.0 g

My other favorite treat is a chocolate peanut butter fat bomb.

Body:
4 TB coconut oil
2 TB natural peanut butter
4 TB butter
20 drops liquid splenda (or SF sweetener to taste)

Melt oils, add peanut butter and stir until the pb is fully dissolved in the oils. Add splenda, stir well, and divide the mixture among 12 silicone mini-muffin cups. Put in the freezer for 10 minutes.

Topping:
1 TB butter
1 TB coconut oil
10 drops liquid splenda
3 blocks Lindt 85% dark chocolate or equivalent

Melt chocolate in a bowl in the microwave. Heat for 1 minute at first, stir, then at 15 sec intervals until chocolate is melted. In a separate bowl, melt butter & coconut oil. When liquid combine with the chocolate. Add sweeteners last, and do not heat again or it will go bitter.

Remove cups from freezer and divide chocolate topping among them. Return to freezer. Bombs will be ready in 10 minutes. Store in fridge.

Makes 12 bombs, each 123 cals, 1.3 g carb, 0.7 g fiber (0.6 net carbs), 1 g protein.

Hope that helps the next time the chocolate peanut butter gremlin comes to call.
MerryKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 06:49 AM   #54
soonergal76
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: soonergal76
Stats: 398/324/150
Start Date: 01/12/2014
Those sound great MerryKate! I think I'm stealing the second one.
soonergal76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 09:58 AM   #55
Avocat
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Avocat
Stats: 234/197/170
WOE: LC/HF + IF
Start Date: November 14, 2014
Oooo, MerryKate, thank you, both look yummy but that first one is right up my hubby's alley, he loves crunchy things, it's the only thing he's really missing on this diet, he even uses pork rinds in the place of croutons. I'm going to surprise him one of these days.
"The reason we are scared of cholesterol and fat has to do with the fact that there are drugs to lower cholesterol [$29 BILLION/year industry] and 50 percent of what we grow in America is now either corn or soy, which can easily be manufactured into low-fat products." Dr. Cate Shanahan (from "Cholesterol Clarity" by J. Moore & E. Westman)
Avocat is offline   Reply With Quote