Old 06-18-2017, 08:34 PM   #1
mykneesareback
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down
WOE: exercise and finger crossing
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
MONDAY'S ROLL CALL, JUNE 19

Getting to the bedroom earlier, daughter in law wants to get to bed early so she can head to work in good time for her first day. Josh has an interview on Thursday with the Post Office.

Julie, I'm happy to know you will be having company this week! And wishing your grandson well with this 3rd round of chemo, too.

Going to watch some recorded stuff in my cave until I get sleepy.

Babette, how are you doing, are you "prepared" in case you sleep too deeply tonight?

The more I learn, the less I seem to know.......
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2017, 07:03 AM   #2
SuSUN
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/136.2/125 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LCF 02/2002
Doris, How did your evening go? Getting to the bedroom earlier? Good Luck for your DIL on her first day. Josh must be excited with an interview with the P.O.

Julie, sending positive thoughts and strength to your DGS on his treatment today.
I hear ya on your families travels. As long as they are all safe.

I have my Son and his husband leaving on Friday for London for a week and the following week in Paris. I will need nerves of steel to get through that two weeks.
DD is planning to fly to Dubai with my DGD to visit with her DH for two weeks in July. I really don't want them to go over there. Sheesh! Kids and travelling...

Michele, Babette, Did you see the premiere of Season 3 of Grantchester last night? There was another show just before it I recorded it. Something with Mother is the title. Will have to see if its any good yet.

Waving to All and hope to check back later...
Old 06-19-2017, 07:23 AM   #3
mykneesareback

Susan, I would be nervous to travel in Europe or to Dubai, too. My brother and sis in law just flew this past Sat. to London Heathrow, a train to Southampton to the ship, sailing to Norway and up to the Artic Circle! They will be back in 3 weeks. But I would worry more, as you say, about your son and husband going to Paris...I would be fearful to go to Germany. But this brother and wife travel like this all the time.. we can just hope it all goes well! What are the chances your son in law could be transferred somewhere else? Not sure if that would be any better though....

Daughter in law left early this morning and just before, a doozy of a thunder and lightning storm passed through, tons of pouring rain but hail was small, they had put the cover over the truck last night, heeded the warnings. The mower guys are delayed due to the storms.

Wishing every one as good a day as they can squeeze out.

Babette, how are you this morning?

Old 06-19-2017, 08:36 AM   #4
Begete
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: Restart 2/16/14 171/157.4/130, 2/2/15 166.6/163.6
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Thanx for asking, Doris. I got up 5 times during the night, but at least I need not wash the sheets yet again this morning. I did not take any steroids yesterday, so I think Michelle was correct.

Julie - hoping the treatment isn't too difficult for your grandson.

Susan, Gabe and Angela are leaving for their honeymoon in Italy on Wednesday and will be gone for two weeks. of course I am a wreck, too. We can bite our nails together until they are all home safe and sound.

DH and I traveled all the time when we were young, but did not face the kind of dangers people face today.
Old 06-19-2017, 08:47 AM   #5
mykneesareback

Yes, Babette, it's a whole different ballgame now! When I went to Germany alone while young, walked the streets of Berlin and Munich late at night, sat in subway stations alone, etc, with never a care in the world. And even later on, when my dh and I and Josh went, we never had a worry. The world has been spoiled.

Old 06-19-2017, 08:49 AM   #6
ocali
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ocali
My son's trip in July is to Greece for a few days, followed by a cruise out of Athens to wherever. I've been nervous since he told me.
We traveled to Israel five times and I was never nervous. Go figure!
Old 06-19-2017, 12:14 PM   #7
Liblady
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Liblady
Stats: 110 lbs. 4'11
WOE: nothing definite
Start Date: May '11
Doris, you must've sent your rain storm over here. No hail, but 1/2" of rain in about 5 minutes, it really came down hard, big FAT drops, ha. You guys are really getting it, I had no idea Texas had so many storms. By the way.......the Arctic Circle is a bucket list for me. I would love to know all about that culture, what they eat, etc.

Went to the Support Group this morning and then shopped a bit. That's about it. Home for the duration of the day.

Susan, the boys will enjoy their time in London and Paris I just bet. I understand you'd be nervous about it plus the fact you have your DD and DGD going to Dubai. I've never known anyone going there, should be a really interesting place.

Begete, I hear you too about DS and new wife going to Italy, and Julie you too with family visiting Greece. With the way things are today it really is a little disconcerting.

And more on traveling...............My friend that fell a while back and can't drive has put her trip to New Zealand back on. She and the fiancé will be going next Feb for a month!

Hi to Loretta, Michele.............and all that follow!
Liblady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 12:47 PM   #8
Loretta V
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Loretta V
Stats: 140/120/120
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: July 2001/ Low Carb Friends 9/2001
That's a lot of traveling going on. I will worry in August when DS goes to Singapore for company business. I did talk with Father Babu today and he recently returned from India. Says he did not have any problems. I think he had a lay over in Dubai. His brother recently received a kidney transplant and is doing ok so far. He got bit by a venomous snake several years ago and suffered kidney damage.

Hope your travelers enjoy their vacations.

Julie happy to hear that your DGS is doing ok so far.

Doris, will Josh have restrictions when he gets to work? Post office or any federal job has good benefits. Wishing him success.

Busy today a the Hospice office. I guess that is good that the home care people stay busy. Today I thought about the patient that chart would go to and the nurse caring for him/her. I think I put together over 100 charts. Glad to be busy.

HI to Ginny, Michele, Begete and all who follow.

Maintaining 118/122 **** 15 YEARS
WHEREVER YOU ARE - BE ALL THERE!
BarbCO 4-15-2007
OLD WISE ONE
Jezzie 4-23-2012

Last edited by Loretta V; 06-19-2017 at 12:48 PM..
Loretta V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 12:48 PM   #9
SuSUN
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The Dogs are gone! Yipppppeeeeee!!!!!
DsonIL came, then packed his car with some stuff they had left here. He had a late lunch with me. He just left to head back on his 5 hr journey.
Whew! I made it through with the dogs again.
Desi and I are back to the quiet life. Yay!

Oh boy Ginny, that is a long flight to NZ. I have several relatives down there. And of course lots in Aus. It was 23 hours flying time to Aus and another 6hrs on to NZ.
When we went to Aus for our nieces weddings, on one of the trips a relative in NZ said why not visit us while you are down this way. We checked with the airlines and it was another 6 hours plane ride, so we politely declined.
I hope you are feeling some benefit from the support group Ginny.
I love quiet days at home, enjoy your peace and calm.

Julie, they will have a wonderful time in Greece. I went to Athens and some of the islands with my parents as a girl. There are lots of old and wonderful things to see, plus that beautiful Mediterranean.

Yes, Doris when ever we travelled back to England in the early days from over here. We were free as a bird. No security checks just walk on board and nothing happened at all back then, everything was safe.

Babette, WTGG! on a dry night! It's great when you solve the problem promptly. Well Done!
Oh Gabe and Angela are going to love Italy and all the sights. I did that trip every year with my parents until I was 13 when my mother died. Dad didn't want to go much after that. Instead he and I vacationed in the UK after that.
DH and I went to Europe several times with the kids for our summer vacations while we still lived over there.

Wow...I am chatty this aft. It must be the excitement to get my house and life back.
Old 06-19-2017, 02:16 PM   #10
mykneesareback

Gee Susan, will you get the dogs back when your DD & GrandD go to Duba? Just wondering is all. I forget that you went all over the place when you were young. I never realized New Zealand was 6 hrs away from Melbourne, dang!

Julie, have you ever been to Greece? Sounds so interesting to me.

Loretta, they just showed a couple moving to Singapore on House Hunters International 2 nights ago. Expensive place to live.

All this talk makes me sort of wish I could go to Gemany again, but I wouldn't go alone at all. Back when I was young, I went there, me a guy at a dance club in Belin, we wrote each other for a year. My whole family went bacon for a visit and we got engaged, lol, silly thing to do, but there was a party and stuff. Ridiculous to think about it now...we broke it off, of course.

Pleasant evening, friends, I gotta do stuff...

Old 06-19-2017, 02:40 PM   #11
ocali
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ocali
Nice to be talking about travels but it's a scary world now. Susan, we spent one overnight in England. We flew BA that trip and had a stop over at a nice hotel at the airport. Gatwick, I think. Another trip we stopped in France, so I always said we'd been to Paris. I don't even remember where we actually were.lol. The best trips , though, were on El Al and U.S.Air because they were direct flights. That's the safest way.
I'll probably never leave No. America again.
Old 06-19-2017, 04:25 PM   #12
Begete
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: Restart 2/16/14 171/157.4/130, 2/2/15 166.6/163.6
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
I keep telling myself that maybe it isn't really a scarier world now. Maybe we just didn't appreciate how worried OUR parents were when we traveled when we were our kids' sages?
Old 06-19-2017, 05:22 PM   #13
SuSUN
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I sure hope they don't ask me to mind the dogs for their Dubai visit. I am trying to think of excuses to give with a firm NO!
Can you ladies help me out with some good excuses please?

Julie, I agree direct flights are the way to go. I always take direct flights even to Florida. I just want to get there with no delays.
We did have a stop over night in Vancouver on our way down to Hawaii over 25 years ago now. Australia was two 11 hour flights into Sydney then another domestic flight to Melbourne.

Doris, that was interesting that you got engaged to a guy you met in Germany. Nice to reminisce.

As the airlines keep telling us flying is the safest way to travel.

Sleep well All and hope to be back tomorrow...
Old 06-19-2017, 05:35 PM   #14
modon69478
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/136.6/116
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
Susan, I don't think you need any excuses at all - you have gone way above and beyond helping them with dog sitting duties. It's time they found a real dog sitter to take care of these responsibilities. It would be different if it was something that you found enjoyable, which you don't, and it seems to be very disruptive to your life. I think it's a bit disrespectful for them to rely on you so. I hope you won't think that I'm being too harsh, but it's just my opinion. You do what you're comfortable with -

Michele
modon69478 is offline   Reply With Quote