Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 06-15-2017, 10:30 AM   #91
CarolynF
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/157/145
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Thanks, dear friends.. please think of dear Sarah. She is a bit overwhelmed, I think. We will see her Saturday and try to calm her down.

Poor Ray..I hope he has a nice turnout for the funeral and the kids feel the support. Boy, maybe there is someone in Tulsa that will take Ray's stuff and give them some $. Getting a house ready to sell is bad enough when it is in good shape.

I think those ocular migraines are just pretty common. I could still see to drive, so that was a good thing.

Saw Scarlet for breakfast. She is taking drivers ed. She passed the written part, now Monday is the driving part. She has never driven a car, but her dad will take her to the college parking lot Sunday..

I think I was 156 this am. Maybe my upgraded hormones and thyroid meds have kicked in. Lolol

CarolynF is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2017, 10:52 AM   #92
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT + Fast Five
Start Date: June 2012
Oh boy, I wish Scarlet would have a LOT more time behind the wheel. Maybe this is for her learner's permit and not her license.

You must feel pretty well at 156. I mean you still have a chance of going down, but whatever, you look GREAT.

I think ocular migraines are pretty common, too. Just unsettling the first time.
They do make it so I could not drive, but it passes within around 10-15 minutes to shimmering in my periphery.

I have no doubt dear Sarah is overwhelmed. I will keep her and all of you in my prayers. She will be delighted at her weekend, I bet.
Old 06-15-2017, 11:54 AM   #93
CarolynF

Scarlet has her learner's permit. This is so she can get her license in a year..She will be
15 this July..She is not having a quincineria? because she doesn't want her parents to spend the money..I agree she needs more driving time NOW..lOL.

Well, it looks like it will be 92 in Tulsa on the 24th. I will watch the weather, not that it will do any good.

Mine passed in about 10 minutes..

Well, my dress fits.. It fits better than it did when I bought it.

I made another strawberry pie..LOL..Number 3. I got some Driscoll strawberries at WM and the pie cost $10 worth of strawberries.

Old 06-15-2017, 02:18 PM   #94
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

That strawberry pie is something special. I think I'm going to make another one now that you mention it.

Isn't that wonderful that your dress fits BETTER than when you bought it?????

I am already tired of this heat and it's not even summer yet....what time is the wedding?

Ray's funeral was well-attended, though not very moving. Every eye in the house was dry except Ray's wife Marsha, who is very stroked out (coming up on 2 years since her giant stroke) and couldn't stop mumbling and crying. I'm quite sure she was aware he was gone and was absolutely so sad, but probably had no way to control her emotions or how they are displayed.
She's a beautiful woman.
Old 06-16-2017, 11:19 AM   #95
CarolynF

Oh my, poor Ray's wife. Hope the kids visit her in the nursing home.

Now, I need to break in my shoes. Gary has been wearing his new dress shoes around to break them in.

That poor Otto kid in the coma. What a heartbreaker, but at least he is home and his parents can see him. Is he on a ventilator?

Off to a Tulsa barbecue place for a birthday brunch tomorrow with Brett and Sarah. I'll get the name, but it opens at 10:30...

David is getting stronger on his good side, but the left side does nothing. He does talk and make sense. Connie says some day he doesn't talk to her. Lolol..
But other days he does..

Old 06-16-2017, 11:42 AM   #96
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Ray's wife has been in a nursing home almost 2 years. She had a horrible stroke. Ray's gone downhill ever since. I think she did everything for them and after she had her stroke, her kids gained Guardianship over their mother.
They've been hounding Ray ever since. Ray's kids like Marsha very much and always appreciated all she did for him, so they've visited her.
Ray used to go see her and feed her dinner every single day until he got so ill.
Poor David, but at least he can talk and make sense!
Last year at this time, Marsha couldn't even talk.
Now she talks, but does not make much sense at all.

Yeah that Otto kid is a horrible tragedy. I feel very badly for his parents.

Interested in where you'll be eating tomorrow....Oklahoma Joe's? It's supposed to be very good, but I haven't been because my neighbor says it is very loud. LOL She said the food was excellent, though.
Old 06-17-2017, 03:50 PM   #97
CarolynF

We have been to Oklahoma Joes. Brett lives around the corner from the BA. We went to Burn Co. Holy smokes!! It was very good. It is open from 10:30 to 2:30 and you stand in line, sit at picnic tables inside. I had a very good steak salad and a bit of their Mac and cheese..They have a meat market right there. Have you two been there?

Poor Marsha. I'm sure she misses him so much. They are moving Sarah's grandpa to an apartment in Pryor. Her mom is doing that Wednesday, then focusing on the wedding the rest of the week. Poor gal...

Well, the apartment needs help. I'm sure Sarah can't wait to get in there and organize stuff. We will go down Thursday and volunteered our help. ????

I think with stroke victims, they can have mini ones which makes them worse each time.

Old 06-17-2017, 04:38 PM   #98
sjl330
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/143.8/140-145 5'6"
WOE: Fast-5 intermittent fasting
Start Date: January 2003
We used to love OK Joe's but the last couple times we've eaten there, up here, it's not been very good. I've not been to Holy Smokes. There's a BBQ place here that's only open for lunch too that we really want to try.

I feel so sorry for the families of people who get sick or have a stroke and then just linger on forever. I truly do pray for an easy, quick death like both of my grandmothers'. Peaceful and quick! When I see my poor MIL that's been locked inside her body with no means of communication that is dependable it breaks my heart. And that's been that way for over 20 years!! And she had a grandmother who lived into her 100s in that very same nursing home. I wouldn't wish that on anybody.

I can't imagine Sarah's mom having to move her grandpa right during wedding week!! I'm sure the stress levels are over the top in OK right about now for Sarah and her family. But I'm also sure that everything will work out fine and the wedding will be perfect and they'll have a wonderful honeymoon and a lovely life together. And the rehearsal dinner will be fantastic!! What time of day is the wedding?

Food can wait!
There. Will. Always. Be. Food.
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 07:06 PM   #99
CarolynF

Sandy, hmmm.. too bad about OK Joes We like the Martin City place...can't remember the name duh.

I think strokes are horrible and your poor minlaw has suffered for all those years, Sandy..

I think Jackie will be a wreck moving her dad and worrying about the wedding. I checked the weather and it might rain. I told Sarah have your rain plan firmly ensconced in your brain...

Old 06-18-2017, 06:07 AM   #100
sjl330
Major LCF Poster!

Carolyn, what time is the wedding?

Food can wait!
Old 06-18-2017, 06:22 AM   #101
CarolynF

It is at 6...

Old 06-18-2017, 01:49 PM   #102
CarolynF

Hi everyone..That stupid weather changes from moment to moment for Saturday...Oh well..It will be what it will be.

Walked around in my shoes..but will take my black flats, too..

My friend Dianne's mom (93) had a stroke and is lying at the hospital pretty unresponsive. Gosh darn these strokes I hope she doesn't linger..

I got more strawberries at Sprouts..They were 2/$5..I was going to cut up strawberries for the rehearsal dinner to put on the butter cake (which has strawberries and whipped cream on top), but something in me said NO..Just another layer of stuff to do..plus, with pizza
not many will eat dessert anyway..

Old 06-18-2017, 03:56 PM   #103
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

The wedding is Saturday, right?

I do hear great things about Burn Co. Was it expensive?
We are horrible steak snobs. We don't buy prime or choice meat - just get the meat at Sam's, but the Hasty Bake and DH do such a wonderful steak I don't ever order steak anymore. And then you said STEAK SALAD which sounds delicious to me, so yes, we must go. And I had no idea of the times they are open - thank you for that.

Insulin buying is becoming more clear. I went to Costco yesterday to cancel my membership just because I don't really use it. I spoke with the same super friendly girl who signed me up (I was with SS and my mom on her 88th birthday last year). She looked at how infrequently I came, etc. and said maybe I should try some of the choice or prime cuts. I looked at them and really didn't want to pay that much when we were already so happy with Sam's meat.

Anyhoozle I did buy some little things and THEN I went to their pharmacy. Their prices for insulin are 2/3 the price at Walgreen's. I mean, it's still high, but he'll stay out of the donut hole for a much longer time if he transfers to Costco pharmacy (and I suspect the same at Sam's, where we also have a membership) and every month buying won't be such a hit $$$.

I believe, though, Sam's, which is much closer to us, if you have the most expensive membership (maybe $100?) they will have the same prices as Costco, so tomorrow we'll ask.

I like Costco, I just haven't learned to love it.

You're probably right about not adding another layer of "something to do" to your rehearsal dinner. Listen to your inner self. LOL You KNOW!

Sorry to hear about your friend's mom. I agree with you, hoping she doesn't linger. Strokes are horrific.

Sure hope Sarah is having a Plan B if the weather doesn't cooperate. My DD's wedding used the Plan B. We were pretty tight in there, but we all fit.
Old 06-18-2017, 05:28 PM   #104
CarolynF

Yes, it is Saturday at 6!,

Burn Company was wonderful. Steak salad was $12, and all the sides were $2. The mac and cheese was good. Sarah enjoyed the grilled potato salad. Get there about 10:30 to 11:00. Then you stand in line. Our bill for 4 was $60.
You should give it a whirl..

Great on the Costco insulin!! Hoping Sam's Club has the same price.

On Plan B, they would get married on the second floor landing. People would look up and the other people would look down. Not perfect, but better than sitting in the rain. We shall see......

We don't go to either Sams or Costco...too far away and we don't eat a lot of big food. Lolol. But I do love Braum's steaks.

Saturday is the day!!!

Old 06-18-2017, 07:07 PM   #105
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

I don't know how I thought Sunday. That's not usually done, but never say never!
Thanks for reminding me.
Honestly I hold all of you in prayer for calm, peace, clarity, love, reminder of how many people love the wedding couple.
That's my favorite part - the feeling when being married, of how many people really love you and are hoping and praying for you and your marriage. It was an epiphany for me.
I think these weeks right before marriage you realize how people are rearranging their lives and making special time for just one more wedding. But it's not just one more wedding, it's YOUR wedding. These people love you and want you to know they are praying with you.

We will try it. Thank you for the review of Burn Co!
Old 06-19-2017, 05:02 AM   #106
CarolynF

Thanks so much, Judy. I covet your thoughts and prayers. I told Sarah the other day that I know that she wants everything perfect, but if something goes awry, no one cares because these guests are your friends and family and they love you.

Getting my allergy shot and meeting Connie for breakfast. Dh chipped a tooth on a fig seed, so he has a dentist appt.

Check in later.

Old 06-19-2017, 05:10 AM   #107
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

DD and her family came over yesterday evening. We had a great time with the boys. Maddox is so sweet to Milo. Milo is entranced with Maddox. DH happened to be smoking some ribs so that's what we had, sort of impromptu. Didn't even pull out any sides. Felt very caveman-in, LOL.

Have a great day!
Old 06-19-2017, 06:28 AM   #108
sjl330
Major LCF Poster!

I just love hearing about Brett and Sarah's wedding. I know everything will turn out perfect whether it's plan a or b. It's sad that it's such a nerve wracking event but I'm sure that's been the way of weddings since the beginning. Remember the wedding at Cana and how upset that poor family was because they ran out of wine! Jesus was in their midst and all was well. I'm sure Jesus will be a guest at this wedding too, and all will be well.

Judy, so are you not going to go to Mexico now? That is a great savings for you at Sam's or Costco. You know you don't even have to be a member to get medicine there either. Just FYI. How does your DH do steak on the HB? I love my steak seared and rare! And tender of course.

Off to do our part of the closing today.

Food can wait!
Old 06-19-2017, 08:40 AM   #109
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

I've always heard you don't have to be a member, but if you go to the pharmacy, they don't seem to agree.
And the price at Sam's is definitely hinged on the higher-level membership.

Bowe does sear our steaks for a minute on each side, then I believe the steaks cook away from the direct heat, getting well smoked. I just love that smokey meat taste.
I like mine tender - I think my favorite cut is the filet.
Bowe's is a ribeye, which is also delicious but quite fatty.
The steaks we get at Sam's are often 2" thick. Hard to complain as far as I can tell.

I'm not saying we're not going to Mexico, but I think we might do better for a longer period of time than I first thought.
I also thought the HMO contracted with the pharmacies, but now I find we will be paying less by going to Costco or Sam's. I've let my mother know that....

Good deal on the closing! You all are SO ahead of the curve!

Now I'll ask for the millionth time - when is your son's surgery? I'll only ask you a half dozen more times before it happens.
Old 06-19-2017, 10:29 AM   #110
CarolynF

Sandy, thanks for such a sweet thought. Jesus will be there for sure.

Akk...so where is your house stuff? Good thing you had that lovely RV to live in.

Ribs sound wonderful. I can only eat meat and be happy!!!

Whole Foods is having a few days of chefs cooking in their kitchen for demos. It was a big deal.. Beth kept bugging them to clean the grill do it looks better. Then there was a piece missing so she and Shawn were running all over town on Saturday. Lolol. I'm sure we will hear the story......

Babies love to watch big kids play. I'm sure Milo was entertained mightily.

Saw Connie for breakfast. David is still moaning. I told her about the low blood sugar, Judy. The home gives him orange juice with his meals. The doctor would rather have them give peanut butter for lows.

Made 2 strawberry pies. One lowcarb one for us and a semi-lowcarb one to take to my friend's tomorrow night.

Old 06-19-2017, 11:25 AM   #111
sjl330
Major LCF Poster!

DS's surgery is scheduled for 7/24 but I'm afraid he's going to have to reschedule due to the divorce mess/stuff.

Our house stuff will all be in storage at a place I can access it if I need to.

I love a good fatty ribeye steak!! Are you saying Sam's or Costco is cheaper than the mail order HMO pharmacy????? Yikes! If so I guess I need to start checking some prices. Almost all of our meds are no charge to us but the couple that are I should check on.

Food can wait!
Old 06-19-2017, 11:54 AM   #112
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

I haven't checked the mail order HMO pharmacy yet. He doesn't actually start until July 1 and I didn't really know how to check before-hand. At least we'll know some alternatives.

Does David ever really run low? With the food he's given I can't imagine he's ever low. And institutions usually can't afford to do anything but let the patients run a little high. Lots less scary for them than a low. Long-term damage isn't really their problem.
Frankly I don't think it's David's problem, at this point, sorry to say.

Sorry the operation may need to be postponed, as I think he was in so much pain. I'm just so sorry about that whole thing. Thank goodness he has you all.

Carolyn your strawberry pies are making me jealous!!
I'm sitting here in front of my computer and cannot even think of making a pie!
Okay Judy, be grateful for work.
Be grateful for work.
Be grateful for work...
Old 06-19-2017, 07:15 PM   #113
CarolynF

Hi,

Glad you can access your stuff, Sandy. It makes life easier. Will be praying for your son and the divorce. It seems as though they drag out the proceedings.

David was 67 before lunch the other day Connie said. Connie didn't think they gave him a shot. ???

Yes, be grateful for your work.

Old 06-19-2017, 08:41 PM   #114
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

No - I I hope they wouldn't treat at 67...wonder what is going on there??
Too much long-acting insulin? Or are they having trouble getting him to eat?

Okay, being grateful.
Old 06-20-2017, 05:36 AM   #115
CarolynF

I agree on David's insulin. They inject on a sliding scale, so I can't imagine they would give him insulin. Connie needs to pay attention more at meals. I don't think she understands diabetes very well. Although she did say that diabetics can get free glasses every year on Medicare.

Chiropractor today. My cracker packer is great. I could go every day..

Happy anniversary to Sandy and Fred!!

Check in later.

Old 06-20-2017, 05:54 AM   #116
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Happy anniversary Sandy and Fred!!!

DD loves her cracker packer, too. She feels brand new every time.
Oh - we've pretty much ruled out everything else, and her doctor has decided she has fibromyalgia. She had to stop nursing Milo a couple of months ago when she had her gallbladder out then had the weird high liver enzymes because she was just pumping and dumping. Whatever medicine she was taking would have come through the breast milk.

So she's on Topamax (mostly for migraines, I think) and a couple of weeks ago was put on an anti-depressant. She feels SO much better, has SO much more energy and isn't focused on whatever little ache or pain grabs her attention. It's giving her her life back. So we're very happy for her. But that seems to be common medicine for fibromyalgia - Topamax & whichever anti-depressant she's taking. Glad that works for so many.

Carolyn I guess tomorrow Sarah's mom moves her dad? Do I have that right?

I am chained to my desk, but I occasionally thumb through recipes of things I wish I had time to make. Out of season, but I know I'm going to make this: Mock apple crisp from zucchini (from lowcarbyum). I remember I've made this and it was really good.
Old 06-20-2017, 02:14 PM   #117
CarolynF

Poor Dd...so happy the Topamax works for her. My friends Dd had fibro and isvin bed half the day with her drugs.

Yes, Jackie moves her 79 year old dad tomorrow. We are taking the Utley's out for dinner on Thursday. Her sisters will be included as SArah wants to go over last minute instructions. Plan Rain should be talked about, too..

Gary and I will help Brett declutter his apartment Thursday afternoon. I'll bring my big black trash bags in case.

I have made that zuke crisp. I also made it with seeded cucumbers. .

Old 06-20-2017, 02:21 PM   #118
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

She tried the Topamax alone but it didn't do it for her. It seems that right now at least, it's Topamax + Cymbalta. Her doc today doubled the amount of Cymbalta and might even (later) get her off the Topamax if maybe the Cymbalta is the one working for her.
She's very hopeful and was SO tired of feeling so many pains and so tired.

Whaaaaa???? You make that crisp with cucumbers???? Did you sweeten it?? Fascinating you, Carolyn!

Very nice to take the whole family out to dinner Thursday. Any idea where you'll go?
And SO nice to help declutter Brett's apartment! Are you all coming into Tulsa Thursday through the weekend?

Refrigerator died again. New refrigerator was to be delivered this coming Monday. DH got on the horn and said, "we can't wait!!" so they're delivering tomorrow. *whew*
Really looking forward to a new refrigerator. Goodby 17-year-old unreliable thing!
Old 06-20-2017, 07:44 PM   #119
CarolynF

I think Nicole is on Lyrica. Glad your Dd is doing better.

Yes, I have made it with cukes cooked in that sugar free apple cider.

I told Brett and Sarah to pick out a place for dinner. My 2 brothers and sisterinlaw are coming in from NH on Friday. I think they are heading to Hard Rock when they get off the plane at 11.. lolol.

Perfect timing on the fridge !!! Ours will probably bite the bullet any time.

We will be there from Thursday to Sunday when my family leaves at 4.

Old 06-21-2017, 08:34 AM   #120
sjl330
Major LCF Poster!

Sounds like a whirlwind weekend but so rewarding to be able to see the beginning of your son's new life with dear friends and family.

We're keeping our fingers crossed that everything holds up here for the next few days. We bought a home warranty but I just don't need the headache. I'm ready to be done!

So glad your dd is feeling better.

Food can wait!