Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 06-18-2017, 08:45 PM   #331
betsielou
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betsielou
Stats: 170/134/130
WOE: low carb, no particular diet
Start Date: 09/02/2016
Hi Everyone, hope you all had a great weekend. Saturday morning was spent at the Farmers Market, we had a good day and even left by 10 am. This week we start our Tuesday market day so the week just gets busier. I was so thrilled to actually see 130.8 on the scale this past week...only lasted a day but hey I'll take that! After today it will be a while before I see it again, lol. Let's see...half of a blueberry waffle (not lc either), blueberry cream pie from McDs, and blueberry pie for dessert! Yikes carb over load for sure...but it was all good. Your probably wondering why so much blueberry stuff, well on Friday we picked 11 gallons of blueberries. We sold quite a bit at farmers market but the rest we kept and since we don't often have fresh blueberries we made a few of our favorites. I have a lot of yummy berries in my freezer now. So, got to have a good day tomorrow and the rest of the week and maybe I'll see that 130 again.

Jeanne- it does get hot in the fields but this is our forth year market farming so we are pretty use to it. I should check into one of those cooling towels, I have wondered if they really help/ So sorry your garden got ruined by the weather, that is something we worry about anytime storms are forecasted.

Hi Crazy, Going 2, Tammy, Anna and everyone else. BTW, has Jan checked in lately? What about Michelle? Hope they are both doing OK. Sorry to anyone I missed.

Well ladies have a great week and I will check back in ASAP. This challenge ends this month right?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2017, 03:22 AM   #332
Going2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Going2
Stats: 223/216(166)/150 5'8"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2003
Morning, everyone--welcome to our last week of this challenge!

Betsielou - Congrats on getting that nice low there! That carb overload sounds pretty delicious, and blueberries are a LC fruit--bet they taste even better farm fresh!

Did a weigh-in just now and a classic cause-and-effect was reflected on the scale, oopsie. I know in my head whatever I'm doing isn't working, that I start off well and then slack, so how do I get past this inherent weakness? Argh, and double argh! Am so jealous of DH, whose food appetite has waned this year; says he just doesn't feel like eating as much.

Awoke motivated though, like this will be a "good" week, feeling some pressure at the halfway point of a year into trying to rein in my food/weight issues. We'll see ...

REALITY CHECK
Not sure about continuing onto another challenge, at least not a longer one like ours. It is wonderful to share with others who are so incredibly supportive and in the same situation, very cathartic to discuss eating struggles, but at some point there has to be real change that sticks. Feel like after 6 months of whining here it's obvious I don't truly have the desire and will to overcome whatever roadblock I've built. Guess I sound like a real Debbie Downer here, that's a reality check for ya!

Alrighty, lemme get some more "go juice" (coffee) down and see how I can make it a great, productive day--hope you have one too!
Going2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 06:26 AM   #333
jbatchelor
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/178/148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
good morning girls

Betsie--are any of those recipes low carb--the blueberries sound so good--WTG on seeing 130--I am sure you will see it soon again...

Crazy--WTG on getting back to your set point!!! woohoo--you are doing something right--did your DD get the job? nice that she visited with you...

Going2--please don't leave us--I am not making any headway either in the loss department but I know if I leave I will just throw caution to the wind and not do well at all in the eating department-I think it just helps to check in and glean ideas and strength from those who are doing well???

busy day here today so I will try to check in later

hello to everyone--I too miss Jan and Michelle and Carol--wish they would check in soon...

I can't believe this challenge will be over--I guess I don't follow much of a calendar since I have so much in tracking Mom's visits to the doctors--I have to use a calendar there or I would be lost!!

later

Jeanne

“It’s in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped.” ~Anthony Robbins

Last edited by jbatchelor; 06-19-2017 at 06:27 AM..
jbatchelor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 07:28 AM   #334
kimmiejean
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kimmiejean
Stats: 234/221/175
Start Date: Married 37 Years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Going2 View Post
Kimmiejean - Holy cow--LC definitely agrees with you--that's almost a pound a day! How's it going with your in-laws visit?
It was busy. I ended up going off on Saturday. We went to get Mexican food. I had a steak taco salad which was AMAZING so good. But I topped it off with a margarita.

I was on program yesterday. Hubby went to the store and bought me a whole bunch of good food!! Steaks, tuna, eggs, S & P Pork Rinds, Mayo ect.

Quote:
Morning, everyone--welcome to our last week of this challenge!

REALITY CHECK
Not sure about continuing onto another challenge, at least not a longer one like ours. It is wonderful to share with others who are so incredibly supportive and in the same situation, very cathartic to discuss eating struggles, but at some point there has to be real change that sticks. Feel like after 6 months of whining here it's obvious I don't truly have the desire and will to overcome whatever roadblock I've built. Guess I sound like a real Debbie Downer here, that's a reality check for ya!

Alrighty, lemme get some more "go juice" (coffee) down and see how I can make it a great, productive day--hope you have one too!
Going2 I love reading your post. I've been in so many challenges and really enjoy getting to know one another. We all Whine.

So 8 short days until vacation. I'm in 16 jeans today and not the stretch ones. I'm glad I wore them, it's reminding me that I need to stay on program.

Meals today:
2 eggs with 2 bacon (the good thick kind, I baked it in the oven)
grilled chicken and a "ripper" with pork rinds and mustard
tuna or grilled chicken

Have a great Monday Ladies~~~~will check in later.
Old 06-19-2017, 07:29 AM   #335
kimmiejean
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbatchelor View Post
good morning girls

Betsie--are any of those recipes low carb--the blueberries sound so good--WTG on seeing 130--I am sure you will see it soon again...

Crazy--WTG on getting back to your set point!!! woohoo--you are doing something right--did your DD get the job? nice that she visited with you...

Going2--please don't leave us--I am not making any headway either in the loss department but I know if I leave I will just throw caution to the wind and not do well at all in the eating department-I think it just helps to check in and glean ideas and strength from those who are doing well???

busy day here today so I will try to check in later

hello to everyone--I too miss Jan and Michelle and Carol--wish they would check in soon...

I can't believe this challenge will be over--I guess I don't follow much of a calendar since I have so much in tracking Mom's visits to the doctors--I have to use a calendar there or I would be lost!!

later
Old 06-19-2017, 02:30 PM   #336
Crazy1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Crazy1
Stats: 198/182/140
WOE: Atkins'92. JUDDD
Hello Friends,

Ah, going2, we you. You would be missed if you leave us.

Weight loss may be the common goal on our "challenges" ,but interaction with members of our "Challenge group" also provides vital support and encouragement. Sometime we lose , sometime, not so much, . We are all human; we stall out , we mess up but we are in this together. Even though the may not always show much movement during the weeks of a challenge, we just carry on.

The "challenge" is not a competition; it's a cyber support group for like minded souls. A safe haven where we can share the good, bad and the ugly.

The length of the challenge is not the be all, end all; it's just a spin off of whatever season we are currently in or heading towards. It does offer a time frame to work towards a goal, but there is no pressure to reach a specific goal. It's one pound at a time; one day at a time!

Jeanne, Anna, Michelle and Monica have been taking part in "seasonal " challenges for years. Members do go MIA at times , but everyone is welcome at any time.

I never realized that the challenge is nearing completion ; the days just come and go But seeing how the end is near , we will just have to create a new one......say "Less by Labor Day". (Ok, the group has used that name for a challenge before but hey, it fits)

Sorry for the long winded post.........Just wanted to say that I value all my cyber friends and hope you all join in for the next challenge.

Onward and downward!
Crazy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 04:56 AM   #337
kimmiejean
Senior LCF Member

Very well said!
Old 06-20-2017, 05:44 AM   #338
kimmiejean
Senior LCF Member

So counting today there is 9 Days until we leave for vacation. I'm staring to wear different clothes. I have on today a pair of stretchy jeans that are just amazing and so comfy! I'm glad I tried them on. I'm thinking of wearing them on the plane.

Today's meals:

2 eggs with 2 bacon
grilled chicken, pepperoni, and a "ripper". Pork rinds ( know that sounds like a lot but it's just a little of each all combined)
Tonight~~~I'm not sure~~~I have a roasted chicken will probably do that.
Old 06-21-2017, 06:49 AM   #339
kimmiejean
Senior LCF Member

6/5- 231.8
6/6- 230.0
6/7- 226.4
6/8- 226.0
6/9- 226
6/10- 226
6/11-226
6/12-226
6/13- 225.2
6/14- 225
6/15- 225
6/16- 222
6/20- 222
Happy Wednesday!!!

I can not believe how I'm feeling. It is wonderful!!!! I'm so much more comfortable. I'm fitting into some cute clothes~~~8 more days until vacation! WOOT

Today's Meals:
2 eggs/1 bacon
Tuna with mayo~~pork rinds
Hamburger Patty or grilled chicken
Old 06-21-2017, 07:02 AM   #340
jbatchelor
Major LCF Poster!

kimmijean-you are rocking... having the incentive of vacation sure is doing wonders for you--I look forward to seeing your posts--keep up the good work

I am headed downstairs today--so I better get moving!!

later friends

Jeanne

“It’s in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped.” ~Anthony Robbins
Old 06-21-2017, 11:27 AM   #341
Crazy1
Senior LCF Member

Ah, Kimimejean, how nice to be able to wear your cute clothes.....I am down 17.5 since January and still wear the same size. . I need to lose at least 25 - 30 pounds before I will be able to go down a size. At least that is how it has been in the past.

I don't mean to pry but where are you going for vacation?

We usually go to Palm Springs but I sure wouldn't want to be there now! Way too hot! I do worry about my dad's place because DH and I DID NOT
summer-ize it when we left in March. My father said that he would go back in May and do it but that did not happen so I am afraid there could be damage. Nothing I can do about it now. No time to get away and way too hot.

I am still bouncing up and down but both the high weights and the low weights are getting lower. Hard to believe one can lose weight while eating high calories but I am not gonna complain. I am just happy that I am losing.

It's a beautiful day but I have a ton of work to do in my office. I have been pretty lax lately so it's time to pick up the pace.

Wishing you all a wonderful Wednesday!

Onward and downward!
Old 06-21-2017, 12:33 PM   #342
kimmiejean
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy1 View Post

Ah, Kimimejean, how nice to be able to wear your cute clothes.....I am down 17.5 since January and still wear the same size. . I need to lose at least 25 - 30 pounds before I will be able to go down a size. At least that is how it has been in the past.

I don't mean to pry but where are you going for vacation?

Wishing you all a wonderful Wednesday!

Onward and downward!
Crazy1 You are not prying! We are going to Ajijic Mexico by Lake Chapala. My parents retired there 30 years ago. Sister and her husband retired 4 months ago. Nephew is also there with his wife. So we are going to visit then go back in February. Hubby is retiring in less than two years, so we are making plans.

We will fly into Guadalajara and then go up the Mountain. It's a lot of fun. Love it there.

Last edited by kimmiejean; 06-21-2017 at 12:36 PM..
kimmiejean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 03:49 PM   #343
Going2
Senior LCF Member

Hi, everyone! Thanks for all the supportive comments and great perspectives about feeling defeated--very much appreciated!

Jeanne - You make a good point there about giving up on a support group, think I def. would "... throw caution to the wind and not do well at all ..." Think I need some Cognitive Behavioral Therapy stuff to kick out all the negative thoughts that come on way too easily. If I could lose 40 lbs. (yep!) in 3 mos. when I first did Atkins back in '03 and 7 in the first week of this challenge in January, my head knows it's in me to do it again, right?

Crazy1 - Lookit you bucking the trend there! Less by Lasbor Day works for me, seems far off but July 4 is only a couple weeks away--yikes!

Kimmiejean - You are amazing! Love seeing your menus, so totally LC, my fave eating style! Are you watching portions, or just eating until satisfied? Nothing like going on vaycay and feeling confident in your own skin--hope you have an incredible time--can't wait to hear all about it! Hear Mexico is a great retirement locale, but I wonder about health care if you get really sick or infirmed, do they have good assisted living facilities?

Am spending way too much time on my volunteer treasurer gig. Just found out today the former one forgot to give me 2 computer files showing the past 2 years of transactions--I've spent hours trying to fill in the gaps and figure things out, all the while wondering how it got so messed up! Am kinda mad about it, like why am I working so hard, it's only a little volunteer gig for my 'hood, ugh. Just reinforces how I need to get a real job soon, it's been a year and a half since I quit my old one to take a break and deal with my grief and stuff.

Have had a LC eating day, didn't even plan it, it just happened, go figure. Dinner was a yummy bean salad of canned black soybeans with fresh salsa, lime, and olive oil--LC and very filling. IF you haven't tried them, they are great for chilli and soups too, not a strong taste at all.

To those of you having the USA heat wave hitting, hope you stay cool, and those of you getting Hurricane Cindy stuff, stay dry and safe!

And thanks again, ladies!
Old 06-22-2017, 04:54 AM   #344
kimmiejean
Senior LCF Member

ONE WEEK TIL VACATION!!!

So I had an eye opening experience last night. Hubby was going through some old photos on the computer. There was one of me right after I had lost all the weight the first time. I looked so good!!! :blush: :blush: And now.....I'm doing well on program, but made me realize how much further I still have to go....

I don't know why I didn't realize how much I had gained! I'm huge!!!!!!

I'm determined....

I will do this..... and this time~~~~~~I'm going to work on NOT gaining it back. It is just so hard.

Today's Menu:

2 eggs/2 bacon
roast beef and swiss and pork rinds
grilled chicken or tuna?????
Old 06-22-2017, 05:01 AM   #345
kimmiejean
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Kimmiejean - You are amazing! Love seeing your menus, so totally LC, my fave eating style! Are you watching portions, or just eating until satisfied? Nothing like going on vaycay and feeling confident in your own skin--hope you have an incredible time--can't wait to hear all about it! Hear Mexico is a great retirement locale, but I wonder about health care if you get really sick or infirmed, do they have good assisted living facilities?
Going2 I'm eating until I'm full BUT, I stop if I feel I've had enough~~does that make sense?

The medical care is the best! Family has flown into Guad for years for Dental Work, ect....

Parents have both had surgery and the hospitals are like staying in a 5 star hotel. The rooms have Italian marble floors, balcony's , wonderful food, and they are Private. I think what I really like about it is the Doctor's still make housecalls.

GOOGLE : Why Foreigner are Flocking and Retiring to Mexico.

April 4, 2016 · Mérida, Mexico ·

Last edited by kimmiejean; 06-22-2017 at 05:04 AM..
Old 06-22-2017, 03:59 PM   #346
kimmiejean
Senior LCF Member

So, I'm kinda bummed tonight. Bought a pair of really cute jeans. In a 16. I can't button them. Ugggggg....I still have so much more to go.....so mad. They are sooooo cute!
Old 06-23-2017, 04:10 AM   #347
jbatchelor
Major LCF Poster!

Kimmiejean--keep those cute jeans--it won't be long before you fit into them!! Trying things on that doesn't fit is a great motivator--hang in there you will fit soon!!

guys from Pella due here this morning and then I go to Mom's, then I need to go grocery shopping...the kids from Indy will be here this weekend--so looking forward to spending some time with them...

what is everybody else doing for the weekend??? it is supposed to be great weather for us without the heat wave....still extremely humid this morning though

will try to check in this weekend but it is hard when the grandkids are around--lol

Jeanne

Old 06-23-2017, 05:23 AM   #348
kimmiejean
Senior LCF Member

oH YES Jeanne! I'm keeping them. Hopefully in a couple of weeks I will be able to get into them. They are Old Navy. I bought them from an online consignment store.

Happy Friday to All!!!!
6/5- 231.8
6/6- 230.0
6/7- 226.4
6/8- 226.0
6/9- 226
6/10- 226
6/11-226
6/12-226
6/13- 225.2
6/14- 225
6/15- 225
6/16- 222
6/20- 222
6/23- 221 (slowly, Turtle!)

2 eggs/2 bacon
roast beef and swiss and pork rinds
Top of Pizza ?????

Jeanne: My son and daughter-in-law are here this weekend. Visiting, running around ect.... They came for the weekend.

Last edited by kimmiejean; 06-23-2017 at 05:24 AM..
Old 06-23-2017, 06:56 AM   #349
saltnpepper
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: saltnpepper
WOE: veggies/lower carb
Start Date: long ago restart 06/11
Hi girls

Sorry for the MIA. But life is happening, whether I want it to or not. LOL

Been back to the dentist 3x this week. Hanging on tho, and my sons divorce was final last week.... I am sad. But I'm still keeping my grandD a lot so that is good. My fur baby is not so well. I special cook for him, rice and most veggies, some ground turkey. He eats like my dd so no big deal. All low fat, any fat makes him sick.

I just haven't been on the computer much. No excuses. I would like to join in the next challenge. You all keep me motivated just to eat better.

No plans here for the weekend too hot, suppose to be 100 and who knows what the heat index will be.

kimmiejean and crazy you all are doing great!!
G2 I'm glad your going to stay here I love reading your post
Jeanne my dear friend sounds like your staying the course,
Michelle, Monica and Ladyboss and all the others hope all is well

Looking forward to Less by Labor Day
Old 06-23-2017, 07:12 AM   #350
jbatchelor
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Anna--so very sorry to read about Pepper--I know that weighs heavily on your heart--I worry when I notice Dolly limping--she is too fat thanks to the DH and he won't stop... praying for Pepper and you-3 times at the dentist! that would upset my apple cart for sure!

the pella guy came and left already and won't know until next week what that will cost--seems like we have a money pit lately!!

--so I am waiting until McD's open for burgers and fries--Mom has a hankering!!

kimmiejean--have a great weekend with family---I didn't know there were online consignment stores... I feel so behind the times lately!

Jeanne

Old 06-23-2017, 02:16 PM   #351
Crazy1
Senior LCF Member

Not much to say.......weight is the same.

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend!

And be sure to stay hydrated!

Onward and downward!
Old 06-24-2017, 05:30 AM   #352
Going2
Senior LCF Member

Kimmiejean - Stoopid unstandardized sizes are your issue not your weight--you are doing fantastic there! Tx for the Mexico info! I speak passable Spanish and we don't have close family left now, so it would be very doable to retire there. Enjoy your daughter's visit!

Jeanne - Man, you are on it with the home improvement, do you find Pella's service good? Looks like we have similar weather, looking forward to some sun and lower humidity this weekend too. Cute on your mom wanting some McD's! Have fun with your grandkids!

Saltnpepper - Yah, that "life happens" bit we all struggle with ... Sorry to hear you and your dentist are so tight these days. Looks like you are getting hit with all kinds of challenges with a sick pup and son's divorce {{hugs}}. You sound like a very loving person--they are lucky to have you! Lordy on your heat there! Did you see Diva's recent posts in the Playground?

Crazy1 - Nice to see you checking in! How's your weather up there? At least you're not gaining, that can be a success too--I know!

Spent all day doing more volunteer treasurer work! I'm detail-oriented, so I notice all kinds of things that are missing or could be clearer. Plus, I have some great ideas and have been producing documents of them to share, like a calendar of annual events that would be good for recruiting volunteers and for advertisers/sponsors to see, plus a 'hood facts and advertising opportunities flyer so we can go to the neighborhood businesses and show what we have to offer by way of shoppers and restaurant-goers. I also have a brainstorming list of ideas for membership promotion to share with our board of directors. Our little cirizens association has been a bit stagnant the past few years so luckily the all-new and gung-ho board welcomes ideas for improvement/change.

... which I'm not doing so well with myself, heh heh. Started off OK yesterday but it was Friday night and ended up with a Cheetohs Puffs binge. I made lowish-carb summer rolls (rice wrappers 7.5 carbs ea) for dinner, at least that was fairly light, drank some Zima, which is back out in limited release, for those of you who remember and love it like I do! It's 21.5 carbs a bottle, but a nice treat. Mowing tomorrow, so that'll burn off some damage that 'll probably do tonight grilling night with friends.

Man, this was a fast week for me--can't believe it's the weekend already! Best wishes you all find some time to R&R, and stay cool if you are in a hotspot!
Old 06-24-2017, 09:00 AM   #353
saltnpepper
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: saltnpepper
WOE: veggies/lower carb
Start Date: long ago restart 06/11
Oh My G--- LOL
G2 I looked at the link you gave for Diva's post. That is so funny. You all should look..... We are not that hot, but I still hate the heat. I"m a midwest Arkie girl at heart.

Thanks for sharing.
Old 06-25-2017, 11:55 AM   #354
kimmiejean
Senior LCF Member

Going2: You are right about sizing. I can get them buttoned now but won't be comfortable. I bet in a couple of weeks I will be in them!!
Old 06-26-2017, 06:33 AM   #355
kimmiejean
Senior LCF Member

Happy Monday! Let the week commence! So doing well. THREE DAYS counting today..... Busy as a today. Getting my work done. I'm sure when I send out my reminder email, I will have tons more to do.

I'm staying on program, doing well. Haven't dropped anymore, but my clothes are feeling terrific! Very comfortable.

6/5- 231.8 START
6/6- 230.0
6/7- 226.4
6/8- 226.0
6/9- 226
6/10- 226
6/11-226
6/12-226
6/13- 225.2
6/14- 225
6/15- 225
6/16- 222
6/20- 222
6/23- 221
6/26- 221

It's like I lose a pound and I stay the same for a week and then drop again. So....I guess I will take it~~~~

I hope everyone has a great on plan Monday~~~
My Menu:
Ribeye steak bites with blue cheese dressing and bacon
hot dog with homemade chili and cheese, mustard
hamburger patty
Old 06-26-2017, 11:19 AM   #356
Crazy1
Senior LCF Member

You have been doing great kimmiejean. You will be looking "hot" for your vacation.

We made it to summer so it's time for a new challenge. See you all as we strive to be Less By Labor Day!

Onward we go.
Old 06-26-2017, 11:31 AM   #357
kimmiejean
Senior LCF Member

I'm ready for Less by Labor Day!
Old 06-27-2017, 04:56 PM   #358
Going2
Senior LCF Member

Here's the link to the LBLD challenge now that this one ended--c'mon over!