Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 04-27-2017, 05:17 PM   #31
terez
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: terez
WOE: Reinduction 1-2-2013
Update; took remaining onion soup and put it to a simmer on the stove for about 15 minutes and added a splash of cream. It is absolutely wonderful and very sweet. So, the moral of the story is, cook the onions first before putting them in the Rx.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2017, 05:49 PM   #32
terez
Major LCF Poster!

Tonight's um-ummmm good brought to you by the Rx. Red/Orange soup consisting of two tomatoes, two small carrots, 1/2 cup cabbage, three orange sweet peppers, two small oranges, some mild salsa, smoked almonds, turmeric and black pepper, smoked paprika, powdered garlic and onion. All in a chicken bone broth/chicken broth solution with a splash of cream. Color is light tangerine orange, is absolutely delicious. Who'da thunk a little bit of vinegar in the salsa would really add to the taste? I think the soups taste better with garlic and onion powder rather than with the raw. At least the taste is more concentrated.
Old 05-05-2017, 01:52 PM   #33
terez
Major LCF Poster!

Today's blend was success. I used three eggs and about 2 cups of half and half. I heated some of the H&H in the microwave to boiling. I turned on the Rx with more H&H in it, with Splenda and vanilla. I ran it in the soup cycle with the top plastic center off. When the blender mixture got hot, I added the hot liquid to the eggs while I was stirring them and then poured them into the spinning pitcher. It worked. No scrambled eggs.

At first, I thought it was just like egg nog, but that's because I was too hungry to wait for it to cool. After that, it firmed up and is a delicious vanilla custard. so this will be my go-to when I get so hungry I can't wait to eat anymore.

Tonight's mix will be a cold one with tomatoes, onions, peppers, cucumber, and maybe corn, I'm not sure. Maybe some celery, too. Sort of like a gazpacho. I wish I had cilantro, but I just remembered that I still have some chives.
Old 05-08-2017, 04:38 PM   #34
terez
Major LCF Poster!

This evening's soup is sort of a taco style. Tomatoes, salsa, one carrot, lots of green onions, chives, lots of cilantro, sweet yellow peppers (the small ones), pumpkin seeds, olive oil, turmeric, black pepper, raw garlic and homemade bone broth.

Finished off with a tablespoon of guacamole and one of sour cream. It tastes a lot like a cilantro pesto. It's very good and color is bright pea green.
Old 05-11-2017, 05:56 PM   #35
terez
Major LCF Poster!

Tonight's mess is brought to you by the Rx. Starring two tomatoes, a bunch of cilantro, a bunch of green onions, 3 cloves of garlic, three small red peppers, and a hunk of English cucumber with turmeric, black pepper, olive oil, pumpkin seeds and chicken broth from the store.

Weirdly, it tastes like avocado, but maybe that's because the color is avocado, and the cilantro, onion, garlic and peppers are usually served with it.
Old 05-15-2017, 04:55 PM   #36
terez
Major LCF Poster!

Tonight's horror is guacamole soup. Ingredients are avocado, tomatoes, green onion, cilantro, English cucumber and olive oil, pumpkin seeds, turmeric, black pepper and homemade chicken bone broth. It's a little bland, so I added more onion. But it tastes like guacamole.

By the way, hot plain bone broth with a splash of cream and garlic powder is over the moon delicious!
Old 05-19-2017, 05:54 PM   #37
terez
Major LCF Poster!

I made my classic fruit smoothie with blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, 3 tiny oranges and a lot of ginger, sugar free chocolate syrup with Ceylon cinnamon and unsweetened vanilla almond milk. I forgot the greens! Oh well! I can put them in tomorrow. And I added peppermint extract.

Color is dark purple, tastes like strawberries and thin mint cookies.
Old 05-22-2017, 05:53 PM   #38
terez
Major LCF Poster!

Tonight's mess is tomatoes, English cucumber, celery, 6 shallots (roasted) and 4 garlic gloves (roasted) tomatoes and carrots in a homemade chicken bone broth. Additions are turmeric and black pepper with pumpkin seeds. Color is a bright orange. It's okay. I thought I would taste the shallots and garlic more, but it was mostly the celery I could taste.
Old 05-23-2017, 11:54 AM   #39
terez
Major LCF Poster!

Am I going to be the only one posting here? *crickets*
Old 05-26-2017, 06:21 PM   #40
terez
Major LCF Poster!

Today's blend was chia pudding; chia seeds, unsweetened vanilla flavored almond milk, unsweetened coconut flakes, Splenda, and almond extract. Delicious!
Old 05-27-2017, 04:19 PM   #41
terez
Major LCF Poster!

This afternoon's blend was a two-fer; meaning I have to make some room in my refrigerator. The first was a fruit blast with 4 tiny oranges, blackberries, strawberries, blueberries and mesclun mix with hemp seeds, sugar free chocolate syrup, a hunk of raw ginger, Ceylon cinnamon and unsweetened vanilla flavored almond milk. It had a little too much ginger in it so it had more heat than a York Peppermint Patty would have.

This evening's delight is an Italian tomato soup; 6 tomatoes, homemade chicken bone broth, roasted garlic cloves, roasted shallots, green onions, one medium carrot, one small stalk of celery, turmeric, black pepper, olive oil, hemp seeds, smoked almonds, Italian seasonings, and canned Parmesan and Romano cheese. Color is light orange. It's delicious.

I have to say that adding the cheese really adds to the flavor of the soup.