Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-16-2014, 09:12 AM   #1
Coots
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Coots
Stats: 321.8/221.8/210
WOE: Mainly Atkins - My own body way.
Start Date: April 2011
Great low carb bread company - REVIEW (w/ pics)

As the title states, my wife and I ordered some low-carb items from Netrition, due to some snow, work and other things going on we froze the items and are just now getting around to testing them out. I'll be giving my honest review, both good and bad for each item as we test them out and if we order more items, review those as well.

LINK TO ALL ITEMS

ITEMS ORDERED
Hamburger Buns
Hot Dog
Everything Bagel
Onion Pockets
Sesame Bread

Sesame Bread
1 carb per slice
Wife's score: 9 out of 10
My Score : 9 out of 10
PICTURE LINK

Please note that we thawed the bread and toasted it before this test, which is what I read someoen else write in a post. That the bread is better toasted than just thawed.

When reviewing this one, my wife made a bologna sandwich, which frankly I am not a fan of. She doesn't "Low carb" ok, so I don't want to hear the drill about what's in bologna etc. I KNOW. Hence why I don't partake of it often. I do like fried bologna now that I think about it. ANYWAY.

The ONLY complaint about this bread is the size. This bread is really fantastic. The texture is right, the flavor is right, it isn't "spongy". But it's small. Which isn't particularly a bad thing really, it's just what we both thought. This could really be a game changer for those times when you really want to have something, but don't want to "cheat". If you've been on the fence about this sesame bread, don't hesitate.

OVERALL - 9/10 GET IT!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

EVERYTHING BAGEL
Wife's Score: 7/10
My Score: 8/10
PICTURE

Note we thawed and toasted the bagel for this test as well.

Wife's thoughts on the bagel. She said she thought the flavor was good, but the texture had a "spongy" feel to it when compared to a regular bagel. She said it reminds her more of an english muffin rather than a bagel. Another note is that she thought they would be better pre-sliced because when you freeze them and want to toast, you have to thaw them in the microwave before you can toast them. Nothing bad, just an extra step.

My thoughts: I thought it was good. It wasn't "exactly" what I was expecting. The flavor was spot on, but I will agree with the wife, the texture is just a little off for a "bagel". I slapped some cream cheese on it after toasting and it was good. I could see having a hot steak and cheese bagel or hot "sandwich" on this and it being really good.

OVERALL - I would buy these again, they just may not be the favorite of the bunch. The bread is definitely better so far. If it's a bagel you're after, these will do, but come into it with an open mind.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------