Old 04-10-2013, 08:16 AM   #151
Girlieschmoo
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Girlieschmoo
Stats: 142/124/121
WOE: Maria Emmerich and "No S"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
Is this a mistake on their part, and when you actually get the Brownie or cinnamon there's sugar in them? That would be not OK.
I am on vacation in Colorado right now so don't have access to the nutrition info on the packages but what I do know is that I can eat an entire bag (ummm....that would be the self-control issue) and it won't do much to my blood sugars but will blow like two days' worth of calories. Even if I eat just a serving, the calorie count adds up quickly. Doesn't matter if it's the sweet ones or the savory...Weird, I know. If I can keep it to just a few crackers, it's a great LC snack. I just struggle with that little piece of it

I wrote the company asking them if they would consider making them with erythritol and got a quick, nice response back that it's the sugar that gives them the great crunch and they don't want to mess with that. They started making them because of gluten issues (not an issue for me) not diabetic/insulin-resistance issues (insulin-resistance is what i am trying to correct), so they are only concerned with keeping them gluten-free.

ETA: The brownie ones will raise my blood sugar significantly; cinnamon not so much. My thought was if they could make them with erythritol, aside from the fact that I just don't eat real sugar ever, it would reduce the calorie count quite a bit and the carb count to some degree as well.

Last edited by Girlieschmoo; 04-10-2013 at 08:48 AM..
Girlieschmoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2013, 06:43 PM   #152
AddysMommy
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AddysMommy
Stats: 188.5/185/145 (5'9")
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: april 2012, restart feb 2014
Carbolite 2carb chocolate bars!!!!!!!!! to die for!!
AddysMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:42 AM   #153
AddysMommy
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AddysMommy
Stats: 188.5/185/145 (5'9")
Start Date: april 2012, restart feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsOverSugar View Post
AddysMommy, did you place your order?

I have some new favorites from my order. The sea tangle noodles are great! I only ordered two since I wasn't sure how I'd like them and wish I had ordered more. I may be placing another order for them soon.

Oat fiber is another ones that will forever be on my list of things to get. I've been making hot cereal with golden flax, almond flour, shredded coconut, oat fiber and davinci syrups. To be able to have that oat taste without all the carbs .. I'm in love!
That sounds so good. I'm allergic to all nuts and coconut, and flax, lol all life threatening, so it's out for me! but it sounds great!
AddysMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:33 AM   #154
mainemom
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mainemom
Stats: 143/130/115 5' 1"
WOE: LC; Intermittent Fasting; Wheat Free
Start Date: January 2011
Hey, Blue Skies - I know what you mean about special products that you might have never tried/needed before, but are useful for a more LC lifestyle. Today, my cooking/food prep arsenal is a lot different than the pre-LC days.

Add me to the liquid sucralose fan club. I also use the EZ Sweetz brand and just love it. I use it for everything, from sweetening my plain, full fat Greek yogurt and smoothies to baking and making teriyaki sauce. Fewer carbs than the sucralose powders that include bulking agents, and I also feel the bulking stuff is what contributes to an aftertaste. Other things I've found so helpful (and best selection/prices at Netrition: Ideal Brown Sugar substute (xylitol/sucralose blend). So good for baking or sauces that need that more brown sugary taste, like BBQ and teriyaki.

Also LOVE Capella flavor drops. With these and some EZ Sweetz, you don't need those syrups like Davinci or Torani. Capella drops come in many, many flavors and are in tiny squeeze bottles. No added sweeteners, just flavor. They last a long time and are more cost effective and easier to store since you're not paying for all that water. Again, I use in yogurt, coffee drinks, baked goods.

Almond flour is a must if you do any baking, and a lot of people like ground flax. I'm trying to like it, but find it's pretty "grassy" tasting, but pretty good in conjunction w/almond flour. I've just recently tried coconut flour and was pleasantly surprised when I used it in a blueberry muffin recipe which did NOT taste coconutty.

I use coconut oil (sometimes the refined, no coconut flavored kind, and sometimes unrefined, depending on my recipe, in nearly all of my cooking. Coconut oil withstand heat better than olive oil for higher heat cooking like sauteeing/frying.

I love, love, love coconut milk. Don't think I'd ever cooked w/it before LC (though had it in plenty of Pina Coladas - lol). So good in Asian style dishes, with different spices - curries, Thai chili paste, etc. I enjoy almond milk in smoothies - had NEVER tried it before LC.

I have to say I do not like the thickening agents like glucomann (sp?) powder. Usu. turns any sauce I'm making into a gloppy mess. If I'm thickening a sauce, I usu. use just small amount of corn starch. Spread over the whole recipe, the carb count is minimal. Another product I tried and just can't seem to stomach is Miracle Noodles.
"...had we been discussing disorders of growth - why some people grow to be more than seven feet tall and others never make it to four feet - the only subject of discussion would be the hormones and enzymes that regulate growth. And yet, when we're discussing a disorder in which the defining symptom is the abnormal growth of our fat tissue, the hormones and enzymes that regulate that growth are considered irrelevant."
- Gary Taubes, Why We Get Fat
mainemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 01:35 PM   #155
Blue Skies
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Blue Skies
Stats: 224/182/175 - 5'11"
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Feb, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainemom View Post
Hey, Blue Skies - I know what you mean about special products that you might have never tried/needed before, but are useful for a more LC lifestyle. Today, my cooking/food prep arsenal is a lot different than the pre-LC days.

Add me to the liquid sucralose fan club. I also use the EZ Sweetz brand and just love it. I use it for everything, from sweetening my plain, full fat Greek yogurt and smoothies to baking and making teriyaki sauce. Fewer carbs than the sucralose powders that include bulking agents, and I also feel the bulking stuff is what contributes to an aftertaste. Other things I've found so helpful (and best selection/prices at Netrition: Ideal Brown Sugar substute (xylitol/sucralose blend). So good for baking or sauces that need that more brown sugary taste, like BBQ and teriyaki.

Also LOVE Capella flavor drops. With these and some EZ Sweetz, you don't need those syrups like Davinci or Torani. Capella drops come in many, many flavors and are in tiny squeeze bottles. No added sweeteners, just flavor. They last a long time and are more cost effective and easier to store since you're not paying for all that water. Again, I use in yogurt, coffee drinks, baked goods.

Almond flour is a must if you do any baking, and a lot of people like ground flax. I'm trying to like it, but find it's pretty "grassy" tasting, but pretty good in conjunction w/almond flour. I've just recently tried coconut flour and was pleasantly surprised when I used it in a blueberry muffin recipe which did NOT taste coconutty.

I use coconut oil (sometimes the refined, no coconut flavored kind, and sometimes unrefined, depending on my recipe, in nearly all of my cooking. Coconut oil withstand heat better than olive oil for higher heat cooking like sauteeing/frying.

I love, love, love coconut milk. Don't think I'd ever cooked w/it before LC (though had it in plenty of Pina Coladas - lol). So good in Asian style dishes, with different spices - curries, Thai chili paste, etc. I enjoy almond milk in smoothies - had NEVER tried it before LC.

I have to say I do not like the thickening agents like glucomann (sp?) powder. Usu. turns any sauce I'm making into a gloppy mess. If I'm thickening a sauce, I usu. use just small amount of corn starch. Spread over the whole recipe, the carb count is minimal. Another product I tried and just can't seem to stomach is Miracle Noodles.
Thank you main mom! Haven't placed my order yet, going to do it tomorrow, so this is great timing to help complete my list.

I'm going to get the EZ sweetner for sure, so many recs here on that, and I love the brown sugar substitute idea, brown sugar and butter is such a great caramelizing sauce.

And I'm going to try some almond milk. I've never had it. Would you mind sharing a few of your recipes for almond milk smoothies?

Also, agree totally on the Miracle Noodles. Not going to happen for me. My friend got some, and couldn't stand anything about them and she and I seem to have twin taste buds.
Blue Skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 11:55 AM   #156
mainemom
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mainemom
Stats: 143/130/115 5' 1"
WOE: LC; Intermittent Fasting; Wheat Free
Start Date: January 2011
Hey, Blue Skies: the smoothies I make are make are a bit higher carb, but very satisfying, and I make a big blender full, enough for a huge one for myself and my 16 yo son. Have to say I'm kinda lax on measuring, but for my favorite one I use: 1 or 2 scoops of vanilla protein powder (whatever brand you like - count the carbs based on your brand); plain, full fat Greek Yogurt (the only kind I can find in my fav. grocery store is Greek Gods brand, which I love - but not by itself!); about a cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or more); about a cup of froz strawberries OR a couple tbsp of unsw. cocoa powder (I prefer strawberries); EZ Sweetz to taste; Cappella French Vanilla Flavor Drops to taste; about 1/4 to 1/2 cup cream for richness, a couple tbsps of melted coconut oil, a shake of salt and some cubes of ice. Pour in your liquid BEFORE your prot. powder so it doesn't glop together at the bottom. Start your blender and pour in your melted coconut oil after it's blended - seems to work better that way. Add more of anything for texture/sweetness. I've thought about adding an egg or two for extra protein/nutrition, but haven't yet. I've also tried it w/ a small bit of banana, coconut milk (YUM) and a bit of pineapple juice with the Capella Pina Colada drops, and that's pretty good, too, but a bit carbier. Still MUCH better than those smoothies you buy elsewhere!
"...had we been discussing disorders of growth - why some people grow to be more than seven feet tall and others never make it to four feet - the only subject of discussion would be the hormones and enzymes that regulate growth. And yet, when we're discussing a disorder in which the defining symptom is the abnormal growth of our fat tissue, the hormones and enzymes that regulate that growth are considered irrelevant."
- Gary Taubes, Why We Get Fat
mainemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 02:33 PM   #157
CindyCRNA
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: Beer and pizza diet
My list of things I "can't live without" changes all the time but here is a list of my current obsessions:

P28 bagels (28 grams of protein in each, have an order in for their spread also)
Sunbutter (sunflower seed butter. I like the crunchy)
Walden Farms maple syrup (zero calories, pretty great stuff)
Jay Robb protein powder
Fiber Gourmet pasta (freaking lot of fiber but exactly like regular pasta)
7-Keto DHEA (I use a lot of their supplements )
EZ Sweets
Half-Calorie snack crackers (75 calories a bag, great to dip in hummus)
Met-Rx shakes mix (for the BF, I think they are yucky!)
MHP Power Pak pudding (expensive but convenient)
Joseph's Middle East Bakery pitas
Monin O'Free syrups (love the mango and berry!)

My almond milk smoothie (not LC) is 1 1/2 cups unsweetened Almond Breeze, 1/2 cup Monin blackberry syrup, 1 scoop Jay Robb, 2 cups of a blackberry/raspberry/blueberry blend from Costco. Put it all in the blender, go to town!! Yes, it makes a huge amount. Yes, I can finish one, especially in the summer. I also like subbing the mango syrup and adding in a frozen mango/peach blend from Walmart. Or sub strawberry syrup (Davinici) and frozen strawberrys.

My Avi is my horse Victor and me Heritage Park horse trials 5/16

"Go sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here!"

Official freer of canned worms

Find me on Facebook: Cindy Hadel Briles

Last edited by CindyCRNA; 04-14-2013 at 02:48 PM..
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 05:28 PM   #158
Blue Skies
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainemom View Post
Hey, Blue Skies: the smoothies I make are make are a bit higher carb, but very satisfying, and I make a big blender full, enough for a huge one for myself and my 16 yo son. Have to say I'm kinda lax on measuring, but for my favorite one I use: 1 or 2 scoops of vanilla protein powder (whatever brand you like - count the carbs based on your brand); plain, full fat Greek Yogurt (the only kind I can find in my fav. grocery store is Greek Gods brand, which I love - but not by itself!); about a cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or more); about a cup of froz strawberries OR a couple tbsp of unsw. cocoa powder (I prefer strawberries); EZ Sweetz to taste; Cappella French Vanilla Flavor Drops to taste; about 1/4 to 1/2 cup cream for richness, a couple tbsps of melted coconut oil, a shake of salt and some cubes of ice. Pour in your liquid BEFORE your prot. powder so it doesn't glop together at the bottom. Start your blender and pour in your melted coconut oil after it's blended - seems to work better that way. Add more of anything for texture/sweetness. I've thought about adding an egg or two for extra protein/nutrition, but haven't yet. I've also tried it w/ a small bit of banana, coconut milk (YUM) and a bit of pineapple juice with the Capella Pina Colada drops, and that's pretty good, too, but a bit carbier. Still MUCH better than those smoothies you buy elsewhere!
Thanks much, mainemom, I really appreciate you going to the trouble of writing this all out. It gives me a good idea where to start, as I've never been a smoothie person, and didn't know where to begin to use all these new ingredients I'm meeting.
Blue Skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 07:39 PM   #159
emilyjane777
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: emilyjane777
I've ordered twice from Netrition and love them! They are so prompt with delivery.

Just wondering if anyone else has used some LC Foods products while on the induction phase or -- when would you begin eating the LC Foods products?
emilyjane777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 08:49 PM   #160
pulchritudinous_j
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 238/238/160
Start Date: 7/23/13, Restart 9/17/14
I love how quickly Netrition orders arrive at my door. I've ordered 3 Davinci syrups (chocolate, caramel, and rasberry) and they're all fabulous. I'm thinking of getting some of the Chocoperfection bars, but I've heard mixed reviews and they're a bit pricey...
pulchritudinous_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 09:02 PM   #161
Sunny_1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sunny_1
Stats: 180/170.2/150
Start Date: December 22, 2013
I just had an $80 order delivered last week. Stocked up on flavored syrups, almond flour (cheaper than at our supermarket), xanthan gum and erythritol (powdered and crystals).

I bought amaretto and kahlua syrups because I thought I could make decent amaretto or kahlua coffee with them. I'm a little disappointed that I didn't really like them in coffee. But they should be great in recipes.

The xanthan gum is amazing for thickening stews, but you have to use a very, very tiny amount because it continues thickening as it cooks. If you overdo it, it will turn nasty and slimy. But it is so great to not have to eat watery stew!

I love baking with almond flour. I also use coconut flour sometimes, but don't like it a lot. When I do use it, I mix a little of it in with almond flour.

I've learned to leave the low carb bread and crackers alone because they will cause carb creep, and pretty soon my appetite is out of control again. But it's amazing that they are available for those who can handle them.

Netrition's $4.95 flat shipping rate is the main reason I buy from them.
Sunny_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 09:10 PM   #162
Tweaker Geek
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tweaker Geek
Netrition is my go to place for low carb products. Their website is very user friendly, selection of products is the best I've found, UPS shipping is very reasonable, and turnaround time from placing order to receipt of order is great.

2015--Recipe for Success: Plan! Certainty of Success: Follow Plan!
Note to self: Ya gotta stick with the plan!!
Tweaker Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 11:31 PM   #163
Sunny_1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sunny_1
Stats: 180/170.2/150
Start Date: December 22, 2013
Emilyjane, while on induction I would avoid the low carb products and stick to whole foods. The whole point of induction is to get your appetite and cravings under control, and you can sabotage that by not sticking to plan those first two weeks.

cmwitt, I love Torani sugar free syrups. Walmart used to stock them in the coffee section. I don't know if they still do.
Sunny_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 12:46 PM   #164
Emita
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Emita
Stats: 115/101/95
WOE: LCHF (<30 total carbs)
Start Date: June 2013
jok n al has some great low sugar (not entirely sugar-free) condiments including mint sauce that went great on rack of lamb for xmas. I also loved their cranberry sauce - real nice bits of cranberry peel and not overly-gelled.

if you can't bear cauliflower mash anymore, Dixie Diner's Carb Counters instant mashers are not bad but nearly $7 for the basic flavor. However, each pack comes with two inner packets, and each of those makes about 3 cups of mashed potatos at 4g net carbs per 1/2 cup serving, so it ends up being not too bad for an occasional treat.

I love westbrae's natural vegetarian unsweetened ketchup. simple, delicious.

La nouba marshmallows go great in the just like sugar instant hot cocoa.. satisfied my cravings this winter. Their preserves are highly rated and I like their chocolate hazelnut spread although it's much thicker than nutella.

LC Food's dark chocolate buttons are also fantastic for cooking, baking, or snacking.

Mama Lupe's low carb tortillas are delicious, cheap, and only 3g net carbs per tortilla.

Great Low Carb Bread Company rolls, bread, and bagels are expensive but freeze and defrost like a dream, great as a treat as well. ThinSlim Foods Love the taste breads are almost exactly the same - perhaps a bit smaller and their cinnamon bread was better tasting.

Not a fan of walden farms products. Tastes like toothpaste. I tolerate the chocolate syrup in almond milk for chocolate milk but that is all.

Sensato erythritol, Almond flour, and hot flax cereal are all great values. Eden foods black soy beans are useful. Any Bob's red mill baking products like coconut flour, flaked coconut, oat fiber, vital wheat gluten, wheat bran. Flax seeds, chia seeds if you use them. Swerve is great, too, and has a confectioner's style sweetener. I got some brown maltitol to try making my own sugar free bbq sauce, as guy's was 1. too sweet and 2. won't brown, just like any sugar free bbq sauce since it has no sugar. However, I hear that maltitol caramelizes like sugar.

I like carbquik. I don't mind the taste. Others do.

I enjoy doctor in the kitchen's flackers crackers but they are basically just seasoned flax seeds stuck together - so if you don't like flax seeds you won't like them.

Nature's Way liquid coconut oil is great for adding MCT's, I put it in my coffee, also works as an eye makeup remover and for cooking. The solid kind from other companies is great for baking and frying - extra virgin tastes like coconut, the jarrow formulas normal kind has a neutral flavor.

Plenty of useful vitamins found cheap, too. I take b-1 and b-2 because when I began induction and low carbing I found my multivitamin had no b-1 added. I began to have symptoms of b-1 deficiency (listless, tired, hungry, cranky, feet falling asleep, and most obviously cold and blue fingers and toes, plus heavy muscle soreness after workouts lasting almost a week) taking a b-1 supplement with breakfast daily solved it.
Emita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 01:53 PM   #165
Blue Skies
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulipsandroses View Post
I've tried both and I'd definitely go with Guy's over Smokin Joe's. Guy's tastes like regular BBQ sauce. Its made by Guy Hughes. He's big in the BBQ world so he knows BBQ for sure. Its amazing stuff. I would buy it even if I wasn't low carbing. The Smokin Joe's is OK but the Guy's is 100 times better! But see which you prefer, I bet it will be Guy's though!
I second this! haven't tried Smokin' Joes but have tried other LC BBQ sauces and Guy's is by far the best---I agree tulipsandroses, I'd eat it even if I wasn't LCing too. Hubby makes great ribs on the grill and they are fantastic w/Guy's.
Old 01-25-2014, 02:05 PM   #166
Blue Skies
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emita View Post
I got some brown maltitol to try making my own sugar free bbq sauce, as guy's was 1. too sweet and 2. won't brown, just like any sugar free bbq sauce since it has no sugar.
I've got the spicy and the hot, often mix them together. Not sweet at all, but never tasted the original. It is true that they don't caramelize like the sugary ones do, but to me the taste is great.

I'd love to hear how your homemade w/maltitol works. Sugar free AND caramelized would be great.
Old 01-25-2014, 06:16 PM   #167
Emita
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Emita
Stats: 115/101/95
WOE: LCHF (<30 total carbs)
Start Date: June 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
I've got the spicy and the hot, often mix them together. Not sweet at all, but never tasted the original. It is true that they don't caramelize like the sugary ones do, but to me the taste is great.

I'd love to hear how your homemade w/maltitol works. Sugar free AND caramelized would be great.
I will be sure to let you know! Waiting til I've got some chicken defrosted to use it on. I'm going to mix it with some liquid smoke, onion salt, garlic, and westbrae's ketchup. Ugh I wish those bottles were 3x the size, honestly.
Emita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 09:12 AM   #168
MeanieGal
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MeanieGal
Stats: 200/190/170
WOE: Ketogenic/HFLC
Start Date: March 28, 2014
Netrition

Any suggestions for items that are good high fat/lower protein/super low carb purchases from Netrition? I know that they are really high priced, so I don't want to waste money on the wrong purchases. Thanks a bunch!
MeanieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 10:12 AM   #169
sbarr
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sbarr
Stats: 220/178.2/135 (11-Sept)
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis (18 carb/70 protein/116 fat)
Start Date: Jan 2005/Jan 2011/Oct 2012/Jan 2014 - bah!!
Coconut oil price here is very good.

Some good things at Trader Joes:

Kerrygold unsalted butter (I use a lot)
Macadamia nuts
Coffee

Re: asparagus, it's relatively low in carbs, I like to sautee in bacon grease or olive oil and add a bit of mushroom and/or thinly sliced onion. I got sick of broiling or steaming it so I cut it in 1 inch pieces and sautee enough for a couple of meals. I'm eating a lot because it's in season and cheap. A couple of weeks ago, it was 1.50 a pound at Trader Joes, but I can reliably get it for 1.99 a pound most places.

I really try to eat organic, but asparagus isn't on the dirty list, so I buy either type.

What we weigh is the result of a meal, a day, a week, a month, a year of choices...

Psssst...Nothing tastes as good as ketosis feels!
sbarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 10:35 AM   #170
MeanieGal
Junior LCF Member

Oooooooooooooo, that sounds awesome! I will look for it when I go to Trader's. I really miss onion. Does onion powder count in with carbs?????
Old 04-05-2014, 10:48 AM   #171
sbarr
Major LCF Poster!

Probably a gram or so, but you'll have to check the label. Since you don't use much, add it and factor it in.

What we weigh is the result of a meal, a day, a week, a month, a year of choices...

Old 04-05-2014, 11:37 AM   #172
grneyedldy
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: grneyedldy
Stats: 180/134/120
WOE: NK
Start Date: 9/2/2013
Other ideas for your Trader Joes trip: hollandaise sauce (by the yogurt) no carbs, 1 g protein, high fat (18g) and delicious. The pate I mentioned yesterday (chicken liver w/truffles) and pecans.
grneyedldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 12:02 PM   #173
sbarr
Major LCF Poster!

grneyedldy - I'll have to check out the hollandaise sauce...

Old 04-05-2014, 01:11 PM   #174
grneyedldy
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: grneyedldy
Stats: 180/134/120
WOE: NK
Start Date: 9/2/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbarr View Post
grneyedldy - I'll have to check out the hollandaise sauce...
I'm a bit of hollandaise snob (from restaurants, I don't like to make it myself) and both hubby and I think it's divine.
grneyedldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 01:15 PM   #175
sbarr
Major LCF Poster!

A thumbs up from a food snob is even better!

Old 04-05-2014, 05:04 PM   #176
MeanieGal
Junior LCF Member

I love hollandaise sauce. I had no idea that TJ's carried it. I can't wait to run over before the weekend is out.
Old 04-06-2014, 12:51 AM   #177
MerryKate
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MerryKate
Stats: 219/207.6/175
WOE: HFLC/ADF
Start Date: January 2017
That Trader Joe's hollandaise sauce is a staple for me. I love poached eggs with hollandaise and thin-sliced meat. It's really good on asparagus, too. I also like TJ's peanut butter, since it's sugar-free, and they have a good price on almond meal as well.

For coconut oil, Costco carries a 72 oz. jar of Nutiva for $21.00. It's good quality and you can't beat the price! They also have wonderful avocado oil, and a good price on bulk sizes of pecans and almonds.

Getting back to the original post, the low-carb staples I buy from Netrition are:

• True Orange and True Lemon packets
Optimum Nutrition whey protein powder
Torani and DaVinci sugar-free syrups
oat fiber
polydextrose
erythritol
Swerve
Glucomannan
Lupin flour
• Protein plus peanut flour (as good as PB2 without the sugar)

This time around I'm also trying a Quest bar that's supposed to be very low-carb. I have a trip coming up in June and I'd like a meal replacement bar that doesn't need refrigerating.

My one strong recommendation: don't buy anything made by Walden Farms. They sell a range of calorie-free, carb-free "foods", and so far everything I've tried has been awful. And it ain't cheap! Which underscores the old adage...if it seems too good to be true, it probably is.
MerryKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 10:05 AM   #178
MeanieGal
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerryKate View Post
My one strong recommendation: don't buy anything made by Walden Farms. They sell a range of calorie-free, carb-free "foods", and so far everything I've tried has been awful. And it ain't cheap! Which underscores the old adage...if it seems too good to be true, it probably is.
AMEN! I'm so glad someone said it!! Walden Farms is the ultimate in crappola! I bought the peanut butter once.....OH MY LORD! It was the most disgraceful, gross farce on peanut butter that I have ever seen!

Some of the things mentioned are things that I have NO IDEA what they are!!
Old 06-02-2014, 06:37 AM   #179
abuvia
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: abuvia
Stats: 170, 38" waist/120, 30"/115 or 30"
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: March 17, 2014
I've bought the carbthin bake mixes. I have trouble meeting my protein macro and those help. They taste fine if not overcooked.

I like the monin sugar free syrups with erythritol & the pumps for the monin bottles.

I've bought some sugar free jellies there made with erythritol (hoping to replace cranberry sauce, which I miss!) but the ones I tried were not good. :/
abuvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 03:42 PM   #180
Nelle Belle
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Nelle Belle
Thanks Netrition !

In my order where they ask if any special instructions, I asked them to draw a happy face. They did.

Sorry its upside down.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (36.2 KB, 84 views)

Last edited by Nelle Belle; 08-14-2014 at 03:44 PM..
Nelle Belle is offline   Reply With Quote