Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-07-2013, 08:40 PM   #1
MSS726
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MSS726
WOE: Ketogenic/Low Carb
Bread Machine Bread-Excellent Texture!

Feel so stupid, but for the life of me, I can't find the thread where I got the original bread recipe that I modified, but wanted to post this since it turned out so great! My version is from a recipe for low carb bread machine bread. A day later, this bread was still crisp on the outside and soft on the inside, and the best thing, it did not raise my husbands blood sugar. My directions are not professional, but it turned out absolutely perfect the way I made it, and the soya is minimal. I haven't tried leaving it out, but it may not even be needed. I just happened to have it, so I thought I would use it. This recipe is for a 1 lb bread maker, but mine is a 1 1/2 to 2 lb, and it still made a nice round fully raised loaf of bread, just not a huge 2 lb. one. More like the size you would get in a restaurant for 2 people. We did not find any off taste to this bread whatsoever.

1/2 cup very hot water
2 tbs. oil of choice
1 tsp. sugar (to aid in rising)
1 tsp. salt
1 egg

1/3 cup ground flax meal
1/8 cup almond flour
1/8 cup soya powder (milder than regular soy, probably could use all almond)
1/2 cup carbalose
1/4 cup vital wheat gluten
2 tsp. bread yeast
1/2 tsp guar gum

Mix the dry ingredients in bread maker. Mix hot water, sugar, salt, oil in small bowl. Add beaten egg to liquid mixture. Make well in dry ingredients and add liquids. Bake as instructed according to your breadmaker. I baked mine on the rapid setting and took it out about 10 minutes early since it was a smaller loaf and was in a larger bread maker.
MSS726 is offline   Reply With Quote