Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 01-14-2018, 07:21 AM   #121
p0rtia
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: p0rtia
Stats: 5'7" 307/170/150-160
WOE: ex-Atkins; low cal/low carb + 4:3 JUDDD
Start Date: May 22, 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
Keeping up with my chosen areas. I have to see someone about my wrists but it's worth it so I don't lose more ground with my shoulders as they're interfering with my day to day physiotherapy.
I'm curious what the someone will say. As you know, I follow both your scale posts and your mobility posts pretty closely. I see the small changes and the ups and downs. I'm cheering you on. Oh, and hope DH is keeping his nose clean.

I had a rather fun eating day yesterday--went over my 2000 calories once-in-a-while cap, though kept it <30 carbs. In fact, I ate to satiety, which I'd decided to do if need be since my weekly calorie count is quite low during this month-long big push. Since I'm now weighing in every couple of days, I'm interested in tracking to see if this makes any difference either long or short term. Feeling nice and full this AM (will break-fast at lunch) and looking forward to resuming z-fast tomorrow (love the weird).

Last edited by p0rtia; 01-14-2018 at 07:27 AM..
p0rtia is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2018, 09:31 AM   #122
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/103/100-110
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by p0rtia View Post
I'm curious what the someone will say. As you know, I follow both your scale posts and your mobility posts pretty closely. I see the small changes and the ups and downs. I'm cheering you on. Oh, and hope DH is keeping his nose clean.
I'll update on the wrists as soon as I know what's awry with them.

As for DH, someone on the Playground posted a link recently that has an interesting perspective.

Blog: Must be this tall to ride

I also recommend his:

and the many volume parts of that last one.

Potentially useful to people in relationships - whichever partner you are.

As with too many other sites, the comments tend to be full of people who are monumentally missing the point (at least at my light skim) so I'd advise ignoring those.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 03:47 PM   #123
kwerp
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kwerp
Stats: 153/128/124
Had a good LCHF day with DH today. The house is clean and tidy, ready for another week at work. The wind is howling tonight though!!

What I'm most excited about though....is the DH has relented and agreed that this year we'll take a trip together to Greece. The last two years I've relied upon traveling back to my parents' house in Florida for my yearly dose of summer, and this was sans DH. We agreed that this year we need to travel together, so he's given me cart blanche to plan a two week trip to Rhodes. This means I have a solid two weeks of scouring travel sites and trip advisor to plan the best trip for our budget. I'm all about the chase and the daydream - I live for this kind of online shopping.

We went to Kos several years ago and loved it. A few years ago we went to the Canary Islands and were quite disappointed, so back to the Greek Islands we go.
This will give us quite the incentive to slim down. He pointed out that I'm already quit slim (of which I'm proud, but I still have some work to do). I think I was 134ish when we went to Kos, so at 129, I'm slimmer already. It would be amazing to be at goal weight (122-124) in June, which is possible, but requires some effort.

I've been hit or miss, but I'm still reading and here.
kwerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 03:49 PM   #124
kwerp
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kwerp
Stats: 153/128/124
Quote:
I'll update on the wrists as soon as I know what's awry with them.

As for DH, someone on the Playground posted a link recently that has an interesting perspective.

Blog: Must be this tall to ride

I also recommend his:

and the many volume parts of that last one.

Potentially useful to people in relationships - whichever partner you are.

As with too many other sites, the comments tend to be full of people who are monumentally missing the point (at least at my light skim) so I'd advise ignoring those.
Slow...this is perfect for my 'why can't you put it in the dishwasher' arguments with DH. My parents always keep an impeccable kitchen; while his parents have no issue with piling plates next to the sink.
kwerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 10:27 AM   #125
jhmart
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jhmart
Stats: 165/130/130 Goal 2-20-18
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 08/16/17
Well yucky. Scale caught up with me eating I guess 134.0 yuck again. I haven't really started cycles again yet because well honestly I'm too scared to up day. I am higher than a DD but nowhere near UD calories. I will start cycles again this week. Yesterday I did have a slice of bacon and a handful of nuts. Other than that I only had a beef patty and some raw veggies. No dips no cheese. That's all I ate yesterday? How can that cause a 2 pound gain? I did Zumba Sat and went running for an hour yesterday. No sure if the exercise is causing a gain? I don't feel sore so I think not. I am guessing I am in a limbo state while my body is trying to figure out what I did to it last week. For now I will cut the nuts and stick with meat and veggies and try to get stable.

Hi Portia!!! I am not sure about calories. Maybe that was my downfall that I didn't track them. But I know I am eating way under what I was on UD before the fast. On Sat all I ate was lettuce tomato cucumber and taco meat. (yeah stupid left over taco meat so good). But I mean a scoop of taco meat not that much for all day? And yesterday 1 burger patty, 1 slice bacon, and a handful of nuts (on up days I would eat a can of nuts in one sitting no problem)? Then raw veggies that's it? Hopefully this is the end of the weird drift up. I am ready to be back near goal. I'll keep posting but feeling a bit disheartened today. You do UD right after the fast. Let me go snoop at your weighings. I just feel like 3.5 pounds is too much of an upswing so I must have done something wrong.

Boo back to the drawing board on this one.
jhmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 11:10 AM   #126
p0rtia
Major LCF Poster!

Hi 'marty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhmart View Post
Yesterday I did have a slice of bacon and a handful of nuts. Other than that I only had a beef patty and some raw veggies. No dips no cheese. That's all I ate yesterday? How can that cause a 2 pound gain?
A 2 pound gain in adipose tissue? It can't and it didn't. The scale went up, and that's a very different thing.

[quote=jhmart;17702098] I did Zumba Sat and went running for an hour yesterday. No sure if the exercise is causing a gain?

Will exercise result in water retention and thus be reflected in the scale? Sure.

Quote:
I don't feel sore so I think not.
I don't think you have to feel sore for micro tears to occur.

Quote:
I am guessing I am in a limbo state while my body is trying to figure out what I did to it last week.
That works for me. Though in my own experience, my body never settles anywhere, so I'm not sure the figuring out part ever happens!

Quote:
Hi Portia!!! I am not sure about calories. Maybe that was my downfall that I didn't track them.
Ha! First time I ever heard a 6 pound scale drop in a week called a "downfall!"

Quote:
You do UD right after the fast. Let me go snoop at your weighings. I just feel like 3.5 pounds is too much of an upswing so I must have done something wrong. Boo back to the drawing board on this one.
I couldn't disagree more, 'marty! A 3.5 pound bounce is about what I would have expected from a seven day water fast. And there is no "doing something wrong" involved, IMO. Because there is no "right" either. Your drawing board is just fine.

As for me, I don't weigh very often, and I never weigh the morning after an UD after on of my mini-z-fasts *shudder*. I do my best to ignore day to day fluctuations, because the scale can swing wildly with me.

In fact I only pay attention to "lowest recent number"*. If I see 168 on the scale, I go with 168 as my weight--even if the scale says 172 the next day, in my head I weigh 168. Because I know that as long as I stick to plan, the scale will show a lower number soon. Saves a lot of stress. When I hit my maintenance range I will weigh daily.

So cheer up! You did awesome; a bounce was always in the cards; and feeling crummy about it is bad for the soul.

* Only works if you stick to plan.
Old 01-16-2018, 04:19 AM   #127
p0rtia
Major LCF Poster!

Half way through the month of January. Here's a cute veggie piccy to inspire those of use just getting around to recommitting for 2018!

(definitely basil)
Old 01-16-2018, 04:20 AM   #128
erinisme
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: erinisme
Stats: 183/166.8/140
WOE: ADF
Start Date: 11/28/17
P0rtia, I only record lowest number, of course as long as I’m keeping to rotations, the up and down would drive me batty.
erinisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 05:41 AM   #129
leonak
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: leonak
Stats: Goal Met July, 2015 - 112!!!!
Quote:
Half way through the month of January. Here's a cute veggie piccy to inspire those of use just getting around to recommitting for 2018!

(definitely basil)

Please pass the salt!
Old 01-16-2018, 06:00 AM   #130
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Yet again, I must admire the pictures. And, yet again, it prompts me to consider that I must pay more attention to food presentation. I'm an excellent cook and baker but my major concern has always been taste, texture, etc. and getting it done within a timescale, rather than presentation. Yet, I know that more people are visual so this is something that would benefit from my attention and energy at some point (when I have some to spare).

I'm keeping to the commitments I made to myself and this is good and probably about what I can manage for the present.
Old 01-16-2018, 06:38 AM   #131
vanilla_latte
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: IF/LC
Start Date: Which time?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
People have been struggling to find DrJ's calculator. So my DD MintQ8 has recreated it for us. But...

JUDDD Calculator recreated
I have recreated the calculator in Excel, based on information from the book.

I can't seem to upload it here - any advice?
Y'all .. I posted this in the Daily Chat thread and will post here, too. The calculator can be found on this gal's site for as long as she keeps it up. Just scroll down to get it:

JOHNSON UP DAY DOWN DAY CALCULATOR calculator

"One way to begin to see how vastly indulgent we usually are is to fast. One finds out what an astonishing amount of time is spent in the planning, purchasing, preparing, eating, and cleaning up of meals."
- Elisabeth Elliot

vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 07:43 AM   #132
p0rtia
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks, 'Nilla!
Old 01-16-2018, 08:42 AM   #133
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: PACarolsue
Stats: 217/190.5/175 5'2"
WOE: Whatever Works
Start Date: Tomorrow
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla_latte View Post
Y'all .. I posted this in the Daily Chat thread and will post here, too. The calculator can be found on this gal's site for as long as she keeps it up. Just scroll down to get it:

JOHNSON UP DAY DOWN DAY CALCULATOR calculator
I tried her site a couple days ago and it wasn't working, but is now! Thanks.

"The first step to solving a problem is to admit that one exists."
Dr Jason Fung
PACarolsue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 10:30 AM   #134
jhmart
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jhmart
Stats: 165/130/130 Goal 2-20-18
Start Date: 08/16/17
Thanks Portia...I really needed that!!! I was feeling pretty glum yesterday. I still have not started JUDDD cycles again yet. I am trying to just make smart choices eating. Lean meats and lots of veggies. Unfortunately I had nuts again yesterday. I need to just throw those away.

I am very close to goal now and I know I can do this. I just need to get my cycles going again because that works.

The weather here is NASTY. Hoping to leave work early and avoid the craziness that will be the Houston roads.
jhmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 10:57 AM   #135
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: phoenix17
Stats: getting there slowly but surely
WOE: LC, MF and now JUDDD
[quote=p0rtia;17702117]Hi 'marty!

A 2 pound gain in adipose tissue? It can't and it didn't. The scale went up, and that's a very different thing.

Quote:
I did Zumba Sat and went running for an hour yesterday. No sure if the exercise is causing a gain?

Will exercise result in water retention and thus be reflected in the scale? Sure.

I don't think you have to feel sore for micro tears to occur.

That works for me. Though in my own experience, my body never settles anywhere, so I'm not sure the figuring out part ever happens!

Ha! First time I ever heard a 6 pound scale drop in a week called a "downfall!"

I couldn't disagree more, 'marty! A 3.5 pound bounce is about what I would have expected from a seven day water fast. And there is no "doing something wrong" involved, IMO. Because there is no "right" either. Your drawing board is just fine.

As for me, I don't weigh very often, and I never weigh the morning after an UD after on of my mini-z-fasts *shudder*. I do my best to ignore day to day fluctuations, because the scale can swing wildly with me.

In fact I only pay attention to "lowest recent number"*. If I see 168 on the scale, I go with 168 as my weight--even if the scale says 172 the next day, in my head I weigh 168. Because I know that as long as I stick to plan, the scale will show a lower number soon. Saves a lot of stress. When I hit my maintenance range I will weigh daily.

So cheer up! You did awesome; a bounce was always in the cards; and feeling crummy about it is bad for the soul.

jhmart- when I read your post and you were upset about an uptick I thought 'didn't she just post she ate salty food?' anyway- I am with pOrtia (although with limited experience!) but don't be bummed! You knew there would be an uptick and you got all the wonderful fasting benefits with health, energy, and weight loss! still celebrate!!!

Kwerp- ahhh vacation... I want one so badly. I NEED one. I'll live vicariously through you.

I am once again a broken record but man my stress level is just so so so high. Work has been so incredibly difficult. Even my weekends aren't weekends- I still have work to do and then I am feeling more resentful about it. I'm trying to handle it and there is an end in sight, just not for a few months. Today is the closest I came to going off my woe. I also got surprise TOM (thats all they are lately actually) so the stress and all that comes with TOM I gave in and put some flavored creamer in my coffee *gasp!* ! I put in a splash of peppermint mocha. It did give me a few moments of pleasure and wasn't too carb heavy (5g), but then the only practical option for lunch was a turkey chili, also more carbs. I'm hoping I can keep it to zero carb the rest of the day.
The weekend was actually kind of easy- I mostly did OMAD and managed to stay low carb, even with a chinese buffet. I think once again though I am not getting enough fat, however I am testing with the keto sticks and still in ketosis so I guess I'm doing OK. On a good note, I have been finding it so easy to just not eat until dinner that I think maybe, just maybe, one of these days I'll be able to do a zero!!

So my new plan will start after TOM goes away - now that I am pretty sure I can keep to LCHF without much difficulty, I am going to work in my rotations. I'll surely start with my usual 4:3, although weekends have been easy to do OMAD so I will probably stick with that too.
phoenix17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 11:03 AM   #136
healthnut
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: healthnut
Stats: 195/167.5/healthy -- 5'2"
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 1998
Quote:

Love this! I'm pretty good at sticking to the plan, so I will definitely re-think my reaction when the (inevitable) occasional uptick happens on the scale.

My weekend was busy. So I lost track of number of calories on Saturday (UD). But was right back to it on Sunday with a legit DD! Monday--yesterday--was also busy and I probably overshot my 1200 calorie limit, but not by much. Again, too busy to keep track of calories and log them into my tracker. My goal is to reach 150s by end of January. I am currently at 166. I wonder if this goal is realistic.

Exercise should help. I'm determined to increase my activity level by starting a weight lifting routine (again!). Love lifting weights. Being strong is very appealing . . .

healthnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 11:43 AM   #137
p0rtia
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACarolsue View Post
I tried her site a couple days ago and it wasn't working, but is now! Thanks.
Same here. But when I clicked today, the link redirected to a copy of the old JUDDD site page. Hope it stays around.

Quote:
Thanks Portia...I really needed that!!! I was feeling pretty glum yesterday. I still have not started JUDDD cycles again yet. I am trying to just make smart choices eating. Lean meats and lots of veggies. Unfortunately I had nuts again yesterday. I need to just throw those away.

I am very close to goal now and I know I can do this. I just need to get my cycles going again because that works.
You're doing great, 'marty. The numbers are what they are--it's the day to day doing of the plan that counts (pun intended!). Remember I said the really important thing about water-fasting is what you do in the days after the fast ends? Part of that is having an eating plan for immediately after, and part is knowing you're going to bounce. IME, if you have a plan, then it doesn't matter how big the bounce is, because you know in your head that you're doing everything you can for your weight-management goals. Right????

May I also suggest that you think about having a "goal range" rather than a one number "goal"? That way, you can, if you like, aim for the bottom of the range, and thus take anything higher that is within the range as feedback that might (or might not) cause you to adjust. It's just not good for the soul to stress about daily fluctuations. You've got your tools for weight loss--you can transfer the energy into sticking to a plan and think of it as weight management.

My favorite and best advice to myself has been to realize that reaching goal is not like getting over a cold; the germs don't just go away. The after-party goes on forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix17 View Post
I am once again a broken record but man my stress level is just so so so high. Work has been so incredibly difficult. Even my weekends aren't weekends- I still have work to do and then I am feeling more resentful about it. I'm trying to handle it and there is an end in sight, just not for a few months. Today is the closest I came to going off my woe. I also got surprise TOM (thats all they are lately actually) so the stress and all that comes with TOM I gave in and put some flavored creamer in my coffee *gasp!* ! I put in a splash of peppermint mocha. It did give me a few moments of pleasure and wasn't too carb heavy (5g), but then the only practical option for lunch was a turkey chili, also more carbs. I'm hoping I can keep it to zero carb the rest of the day.
The weekend was actually kind of easy- I mostly did OMAD and managed to stay low carb, even with a chinese buffet. I think once again though I am not getting enough fat, however I am testing with the keto sticks and still in ketosis so I guess I'm doing OK. On a good note, I have been finding it so easy to just not eat until dinner that I think maybe, just maybe, one of these days I'll be able to do a zero!!

So my new plan will start after TOM goes away - now that I am pretty sure I can keep to LCHF without much difficulty, I am going to work in my rotations. I'll surely start with my usual 4:3, although weekends have been easy to do OMAD so I will probably stick with that too.
Good luck, phoe! I believe that WLM requires a heck of a lot of focus (it does for me, anyway), and it's so hard to focus when work is stressful and preoccupying. And then there's the hunger thing. Ahhhhh!!! Congrats on your weekend--the Sat-Sun challenge is kicking my butt, currently. I'm at the stage where bits of me I couldn't see or differentiate before seem to my long-suffering eyes to be way fat, as in, "oh my god why is my tummy sticking out like that?" I have the panic reaction for a millisecond, then remember that the sticking-out is because I'm smaller in adjacent areas. Waist was 37" today; new low, so to speak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthnut View Post
Love this! I'm pretty good at sticking to the plan, so I will definitely re-think my reaction when the (inevitable) occasional uptick happens on the scale.

My weekend was busy. So I lost track of number of calories on Saturday (UD). But was right back to it on Sunday with a legit DD! Monday--yesterday--was also busy and I probably overshot my 1200 calorie limit, but not by much. Again, too busy to keep track of calories and log them into my tracker. My goal is to reach 150s by end of January. I am currently at 166. I wonder if this goal is realistic.

Exercise should help. I'm determined to increase my activity level by starting a weight lifting routine (again!). Love lifting weights. Being strong is very appealing . . .

Hi hn! We are in a similar spot, weight-wise. I'm doing my winter push to the 150s (documented in my Final Frontier thread). I'm aiming at five lb a month for four months. I admit I think 6 lb in two weeks is a big of a haul (unless you're just coming off a festival eating period and/or a cruise!). On the other hand, nothing wrong with setting a goal. I've done some of my best work not meeting difficult goals.

And oh yeah, I'm soooo with you! Strong is extremely appealing. Physical, mental, emotional, I'm for it!

Last edited by p0rtia; 01-16-2018 at 11:45 AM..
p0rtia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 07:33 AM   #138
vanilla_latte
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: IF/LC
Start Date: Which time?
Re the Calculator. Yeah it depends on how long that page remains active. But, I've gone in and grabbed the coding so if anyone has a blog (I do, but it's a whole other topic), it *should* be easy to add the coding so that the calculator can be usable.

We've been battling head colds the last few days so my schedule has been haphazard. Trying to do 18/6 or at best 16/8 for now. I'm lowering the carbs which helps makes any hunger gremlins much tamer and more manageable. And I was supposed to get blood work done a few months ago to show the doc that I don't need a statin. So with having to get that before I get one of my thyroid meds refilled, I gotta get back to low carb/keto. Hope a month is enough to improve any holiday damage!

We are in the teens here in SE Texas and have had a combo of ice, sleet, wintery mix and snow! It was awesome to go to sleep with light snow everywhere and wake up with it still all around. I know some of you are going or .

"One way to begin to see how vastly indulgent we usually are is to fast. One finds out what an astonishing amount of time is spent in the planning, purchasing, preparing, eating, and cleaning up of meals."
- Elisabeth Elliot

vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 02:56 AM   #139
p0rtia
Major LCF Poster!

More sweet and simple veggie art to start your day!

Old 01-18-2018, 03:37 AM   #140
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm not seeing any results for my diligence but I have to trust that I'm doing the right thing, taking my supplements, doing my exercises etc.

I read something recently on the nature of invisible gains that we either don't notice or tend to discount because they're not what we wanted or intended for ourselves when we embarked on our routines. This is probably very true.

I haven't been able to see anyone about my wrists as yet - I can't leave it much longer because if it's ligament damage I'm in danger of missing the optimal window for repair.
Old 01-18-2018, 04:25 AM   #141
p0rtia
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I'm not seeing any results for my diligence but I have to trust that I'm doing the right thing, taking my supplements, doing my exercises etc.
Second. At least in terms of scale number (clothes are looser and tape measure is showing new lows). In my case I suspect that I weighed a couple of lb more than I accounted for on Jan 1.

Quote:
I read something recently on the nature of invisible gains that we either don't notice or tend to discount because they're not what we wanted or intended for ourselves when we embarked on our routines. This is probably very true.
I think so too. And with more areas of life than just weight management. Plus, I think the societal pressure to highlight mistakes and for people (especially women) to feel guilty for quite normal failings gets in the way of noticing the little things.

Quote:
I haven't been able to see anyone about my wrists as yet - I can't leave it much longer because if it's ligament damage I'm in danger of missing the optimal window for repair.
Please, please do. It's just amazing how we put off some of the stuff we do for ourselves in our busy lives (especially when it's no fun).

BTW, it's 36 degrees F out at the moment. Glad it's not a tennis morning! Brrr!
Old 01-18-2018, 05:07 AM   #142
leonak
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

well we have 22 degrees - Port - want to trade ??
Old 01-18-2018, 05:25 AM   #143
p0rtia
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonak View Post
well we have 22 degrees - Port - want to trade ??
Not this time! Get back to me when we're 92 and you're 72!
Old 01-18-2018, 06:40 AM   #144
p0rtia
Major LCF Poster!

From the random thought department. Feeling awesome with full energy, which is nice given that I have not eaten since Sunday. Feeling the miniaturization today, and kinda wishing I didn't have this brunch date. However. I'm gonna try my best to stay <30 carbs today. Likewise <1800 cals. Frame of mind is sooo good right now. Who knows what will happen once I have my omelet! I may even break my no-pork rule and have the bacon.
Old 01-18-2018, 10:53 AM   #145
leonak
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes, yes have the bacon. Everything is better with bacon - we have all heard this!

Temp is 36 now with the SUN!!
Old 01-18-2018, 12:45 PM   #146
erinisme
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: erinisme
Stats: 183/166.8/140
WOE: ADF
Start Date: 11/28/17
I've been having horrible heartburn the last week or so, more so on DDs, I think. Right now my meal isn't sitting well. and the scale is being bad. I might as well eat worms.
Actually in a good mood. scale is a creep, but that's ok. last sub 15 degree day for awhile. gonna miss the snow on the grass, but not on the roads. Today is an UD, and have been losing my weight after UD so maybe will have something to look forward to. I was 170 at beginning of week.
Temporary office job is over , I still couldn't believe how much easier it is out of the house.
erinisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 01:16 PM   #147
p0rtia
Major LCF Poster!

I skipped the bacon and went for the tuna salad--which I ended up taking home to have for supper because my cheese omelet filled me up. Really wonderful time with my 88 year-old friend.
Old 01-18-2018, 06:36 PM   #148
Alcestis
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Alcestis
Stats: 210/151.6/147 5' 8"
Start Date: December 13th, 2011
Portia, your fasts are inspiring me. I feel I'm being more mindful about my DDs - enjoying the simplicity, noticing the hungry times (oh, 3pm, you are my nemesis!), and choosing whether to eat or not. Today was hectic, which was good, but I chose to eat something at 3, because I was struggling to focus while my body was yelling at me. Ate some trail mix - not the best choice, but under 500 cals - and had a little broth when I got home. My goal is to become comfortable with zero-cal DDs, but staying under 500 is an accomplishment in itself. Busy days definitely make it easier.
Alcestis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 04:26 AM   #149
p0rtia
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning, all! It's funny how finding these pix and posting
them have become part of my focus routine. I really love doing this.

And I love this one: so easy, so beautiful:

Old 01-19-2018, 04:39 AM   #150
p0rtia
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcestis View Post
Portia, your fasts are inspiring me. I feel I'm being more mindful about my DDs - enjoying the simplicity, noticing the hungry times (oh, 3pm, you are my nemesis!), and choosing whether to eat or not. Today was hectic, which was good, but I chose to eat something at 3, because I was struggling to focus while my body was yelling at me. Ate some trail mix - not the best choice, but under 500 cals - and had a little broth when I got home. My goal is to become comfortable with zero-cal DDs, but staying under 500 is an accomplishment in itself. Busy days definitely make it easier.
Doing a DD myself today. I remember when I started doing JUDDD almost two years, 500 cals seems very doable, and 400 seemed scary. I do 400 now pretty easily, and I don't mind if I bump to 450. But I have no desire to go lower.

That's because my approach to W-M has grown into the concept of having a box of tools, some involving what I eat and some when I eat. UDs are a tool, DDs are a tool, LC, VLC, IF, and yes, z-cal-fasting. I don't always stick with one or another or a combo, and sometimes (corn season) I eschew LC for a while.

I say this response to your post because all of the above are things that work well for me: They all keep my hunger in check, none of them give me any kind of keto flu or negative reactions. I don't know if that's just my metabolism or if my body has adapted to these regimes. I do know that this isn't true for everyone.

I guess I think I need to say this now and then. I know you all know this, because I learned how to use many (the ones involving when to eat) tools here. I know my posts accent my excellent fasting experiences. I fasted a lot in my 20's, and going back to it has been awesome.

Just want to say that I use z-fasting as one tool among many. As such I think it is a healthy thing to do--if it is healthy for YOU.