Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 01-27-2018, 10:10 AM   #1471
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/103/100-110
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwerp View Post
This would be less if I could find low-fat grated mozzarella cheese.
Supermarkets have Bocconcini or mozzarella pearls that are good for portion control in a case like this.

How low fat are you looking for?

Your base with a soupçon of Newman's Pomodoro and a little pesto or parmesan would work nicely.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2018, 03:42 PM   #1472
kwerp
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kwerp
Stats: 153/128/124
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
Supermarkets have Bocconcini or mozzarella pearls that are good for portion control in a case like this.

How low fat are you looking for?

Your base with a soupçon of Newman's Pomodoro and a little pesto or parmesan would work nicely.
Yah, I'm not worried about portion control here. If I bought 'part-skim shredded mozzarella' which Americans easily come by, the calories are quite less. It's 80 calories for 1/4 cup of cheese vs 85 calories for 2 tablespoons (30g) of cheese. Big difference. At least the Americans will benefit....this is also why I find dieting in the UK quite aggravating: if I had access to these simple things, reducing calories for DD would be much easier. I cannot find a half-fat shredded mozzarella cheese readily available in Scotland....even though this is as common as eggs anywhere in the USA.

I'm looking for a typical pizza flavor, with more bang for the caloric buck. I'm trying to find a suitable DD pizza substitute for days I have cravings.
kwerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 09:08 AM   #1473
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/103/100-110
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
From another site - I haven't used the quote function as it's easier to read like this.

"The basic recipe (43 calories) is this:

3 tbsp. oat fiber (4cals)
1 tbsp. coconut flour (23cals)
1/4 tsp. baking powder
pinch of salt
2 tbsp. egg whites (16cals)
4 tbsp. (1/4 cup) water
Mix it all together in a bowl or mug, depending on the shape you want it, until it looks like soft-ish cookie dough, and microwave. It takes about 1 min 45 sec in my microwave, but basically just watch it until the center doesn't look liquidy...

When I want a bread, I make the basic recipe and can add a little more salt. I've cut it in half and put a slice of fat-free cheddar in between to let it melt into a grilled cheese. Keep in mind that it tastes more like a biscuit than wheat bread, but I really like the texture. It holds together pretty well for immediate eating purposes, but I'm going to experiment with replacing some of the water with additional egg white to see if I can make it hold together well enough to take in a purse for lunch or such.

When I want a dessert, I add 2 packets of Splenda/ Stevia to the batter and any flavorings I want. For example, I've added a tbsp of peanut flour mixed with a tbsp of water to make a peanut butter cake. You can play with the ratio of liquids to get what you want-- I think adding another tbsp of water makes it less crumbly, or you can replace some of the water with syrup, maybe"

My coconut flour is more fibre, fewer calories than the above which brings it down to around 30 calories. I add flavouring to mine and it's helpful. I divide mine into 4 silicone muffin moulds and microwave them on medium for 2:30 mins. My version isn't crumbly but that might vary with the brand of oat fibre and coconut flour.

I can split mine and they work as an OK accompaniment to soup or a curry where you can add additional flavour to them. DH ate them with a coconut and pandan spread alongside a fish curry and thoroughly enjoyed them.

Maintenance should be a way to thrive, not an endurance sport.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 04:27 AM   #1474
p0rtia
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: p0rtia
Stats: 5'7" 307/170/150-160
WOE: ex-Atkins; low cal/low carb + 4:3 JUDDD
Start Date: May 22, 2015
Thanks, Slow! This is right up my alley.
Old 02-01-2018, 07:50 AM   #1475
ShrinkingWoman
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ShrinkingWoman
Stats: HW 207 197/170/157 H-5'10
WOE: JUDD
Start Date: January 1, 2017
Cream of Mushroom Soup

2 large white button mushrooms cut into pieces. (10 cals)
1 tsp. butter (34 cals)
1 tbsp of flour (28 cals)
1/2 cup of water (broth would be better here but didn't have any on hand)
3/4 - 1 cup of milk (110-148 cals)(whole milk is what I had)
couple of spritzs of olive oil(10-20 cals)
salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion power any other you may like.

I made this the other day and it turned out to be really satisfying. Basically I made it like I would be making a mushroom gravy and thinning it out.

1. Spritz you pan with olive oil and place on medium high heat.

2. Place you mushroom pieces in, add any flavorings, salt and pepper to your taste(I would go light here you can always add more at the end if it needs it.)

3. Lower your heat to medium and saute for 5-7 minutes till mushrooms are golden and soft.

4. Add your teaspoon of butter and melt and coat mushrooms.

5. Add your flour and stir until flour is completely coated with butter and no longer white.(roux)

6. Add your half cup of cold water.(If your roux is hot and your water cold you'll almost always have a lump free gravy/sauce)

7.Continue stirring till boiling then add your milk. Stir and bring back to a boil. Turn down to a simmer for a few minutes check seasoning.

This is a recipe one can play around with and use for other recipes. Add less liquid for a thicker condensed style soup to use in recipes. If it is a little too thick for you to eat as a soup add more broth or water.

192 - 240 calories.
Old 02-26-2018, 08:33 AM   #1476
Blonde with a Rose
Major LCF Poster!

Stats: 246/193/150
WOE: Low Carb & 1200 Calories
Start Date: July 8, 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
From another site - I haven't used the quote function as it's easier to read like this.

"The basic recipe (43 calories) is this:

3 tbsp. oat fiber (4cals)
1 tbsp. coconut flour (23cals)
1/4 tsp. baking powder
pinch of salt
2 tbsp. egg whites (16cals)
4 tbsp. (1/4 cup) water
Mix it all together in a bowl or mug, depending on the shape you want it, until it looks like soft-ish cookie dough, and microwave. It takes about 1 min 45 sec in my microwave, but basically just watch it until the center doesn't look liquidy...

When I want a bread, I make the basic recipe and can add a little more salt. I've cut it in half and put a slice of fat-free cheddar in between to let it melt into a grilled cheese. Keep in mind that it tastes more like a biscuit than wheat bread, but I really like the texture. It holds together pretty well for immediate eating purposes, but I'm going to experiment with replacing some of the water with additional egg white to see if I can make it hold together well enough to take in a purse for lunch or such.

When I want a dessert, I add 2 packets of Splenda/ Stevia to the batter and any flavorings I want. For example, I've added a tbsp of peanut flour mixed with a tbsp of water to make a peanut butter cake. You can play with the ratio of liquids to get what you want-- I think adding another tbsp of water makes it less crumbly, or you can replace some of the water with syrup, maybe"

My coconut flour is more fibre, fewer calories than the above which brings it down to around 30 calories. I add flavouring to mine and it's helpful. I divide mine into 4 silicone muffin moulds and microwave them on medium for 2:30 mins. My version isn't crumbly but that might vary with the brand of oat fibre and coconut flour.

I can split mine and they work as an OK accompaniment to soup or a curry where you can add additional flavour to them. DH ate them with a coconut and pandan spread alongside a fish curry and thoroughly enjoyed them.
This sounds great!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote