Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 02-27-2018, 02:07 PM   #91
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/103/100-110
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
Kissa, it was so odd! I was at the Wellcome near Euston at 2pm and it was clear before I went in. I left 40mins later to find it had snowed heavily, the pavements were iced and unsafe, people were falling, and there was an ambulance outside to tend to someone!

I'm only just home (22:00) as my trains were cancelled or heavily delayed.

In other news, the sibling with the ablation for the atrial fibrillation has now been in A&E as things have gone awry. And the sibling with the fractured lower leg and ankle has fallen again. And various other people have gang agley in their scheduled recuperations - as the poet didn't say but would have had Burns found himself in the same circumstances.

Winding my clock. (The reference here is to E.B White's famous letter: search

Letters of Note. Wind the clock. )
Quote:
Hang on to your hat. Hang on to your hope. And wind the clock, for tomorrow is another day.
BlueBelle! Let us know your plans and availability as it would be delightful to see you again

Maintenance should be a way to thrive, not an endurance sport.

Last edited by SlowSure; 02-27-2018 at 02:09 PM..
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2018, 02:35 PM   #92
Bluebelle
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bluebelle
Stats: 208/193/150 5'3"
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March 1st, 2017
Quote:
Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone,
Prevent the dog from barking with the juicy bone.
(apologies for morbid tone. The 'clock' clearly set me off!)
Old 02-27-2018, 02:49 PM   #93
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebelle View Post
(apologies for morbid tone. The 'clock' clearly set me off!)
Quote:
Stands the Church clock at ten to three?
And is there honey still for tea?
Is Grantchester any more cheerful?

Old 02-27-2018, 03:05 PM   #94
erinisme
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: erinisme
Stats: 183/166.8/140
WOE: ADF
Start Date: 11/28/17
Kinda just barely making it. Iím so cross today, not eating is not improving my mood. Donít have much to say just wanting to vent here, sorry for being a dark cloud.
Some days itís smooth sailing and some days I resent the hell out of this!!!
But tomorrow will come.
erinisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 03:37 PM   #95
Bluebelle
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinisme View Post
Kinda just barely making it. Iím so cross today, not eating is not improving my mood. Donít have much to say just wanting to vent here, sorry for being a dark cloud.
Some days itís smooth sailing and some days I resent the hell out of this!!!
But tomorrow will come.
Same here - 'hungry and resentful' pretty much describes my DD mood most days. I find it helps to just focus on getting from one hour to the next. Distract distract distract.
Old 02-28-2018, 05:41 AM   #96
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Sibling with atrial fibrillation is in hospital following post-procedure complications: there's a current susceptibility to stroke or heart failure.

I'm aware of the risks but prefer cautious optimism.

The embarrassingly small amount of snow (in relative terms) is causing travel chaos on both trains and roads. Ho hum.

Winding my clock

Old 02-28-2018, 06:45 AM   #97
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: phoenix17
Stats: getting there slowly but surely
WOE: LC, MF and now JUDDD
Slow- hope the weather clears for you- how much snow was it in the end?

Bluebelle good to see you! yes, I am struggling to get back on track for the same reasons. Stress is derailing me. Not completely but enough for me to not call them rotations.

I think I may go back to the plan that worked for me last year at this time. the 8-week blood sugar diet (did I already type this out? Seems like I might have). It seems I am averaging out about 800 calories anyway and I am trying to get back to keto also so honestly with the combination of my efforts I think I've been already doing it - ha ha! But there are still too many stress filled days that end up with "to heck with it- start again tomorrow". Most of my days I try to fast til dinner or at lunch I have about 100 calories of some broth based soup or a 200 cal protein shake. Its the chocolate or the wine in the evening that ends up derailing me. stupid stress. I have been trying to walk off the stress with the dog but its dark when I get home so more often its a glass of wine and watching some brain candy TV. I've recently been re-watching the Downton Abbey episodes. Anyone else enjoy that series as much as I did? It was just so well done. I highly recommend it if anyone needs some distraction, its offered on Amazon Prime video. I'm nearly finished with it though so if anyone can recommend another binge-worthy series please let me know! Anything for some distraction!

Well better get back to the grind. The sun is shining today and it feels springlike so thats something.
phoenix17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 09:19 AM   #98
erinisme
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: erinisme
Stats: 183/166.8/140
WOE: ADF
Start Date: 11/28/17
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix17 View Post
Downton Abbey episodes. Anyone else enjoy that series as much as I did? It was just so well done.
I watch it over and over again.

Made it yesterday, a sloppy DD but one nevertheless. The scale forgave me for a lot of eating over the weekend. Definitely ready to start shrinking again.

Last edited by erinisme; 02-28-2018 at 09:21 AM..
erinisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 10:16 AM   #99
Bluebelle
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix17 View Post
Slow- hope the weather clears for you- how much snow was it in the end?

Bluebelle good to see you! yes, I am struggling to get back on track for the same reasons. Stress is derailing me. Not completely but enough for me to not call them rotations.

I think I may go back to the plan that worked for me last year at this time. the 8-week blood sugar diet (did I already type this out? Seems like I might have). It seems I am averaging out about 800 calories anyway and I am trying to get back to keto also so honestly with the combination of my efforts I think I've been already doing it - ha ha! But there are still too many stress filled days that end up with "to heck with it- start again tomorrow". Most of my days I try to fast til dinner or at lunch I have about 100 calories of some broth based soup or a 200 cal protein shake. Its the chocolate or the wine in the evening that ends up derailing me. stupid stress. I have been trying to walk off the stress with the dog but its dark when I get home so more often its a glass of wine and watching some brain candy TV. I've recently been re-watching the Downton Abbey episodes. Anyone else enjoy that series as much as I did? It was just so well done. I highly recommend it if anyone needs some distraction, its offered on Amazon Prime video. I'm nearly finished with it though so if anyone can recommend another binge-worthy series please let me know! Anything for some distraction!

Well better get back to the grind. The sun is shining today and it feels springlike so thats something.
I love me some Downton Abbey but just the first couple of seasons

Phoenix you might like "The Crown" on Netflix! For similar drink-wine-and-unwind purposes. It is wonderful The first episode is a little slow but then it offers some serious brain candy addiction.
Old 02-28-2018, 10:18 AM   #100
jhmart
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jhmart
Stats: 165/130/130 Goal 2-20-18
Start Date: 08/16/17
Popping in for a quick update. My work schedule has been insane. They decided to hire 92 new employees last month so training is my middle name this week. Eating wise I've been doing fabulous! I am craving veggies so lots and lots of raw salads for me. I'm a rabbit. I did a good DD yesterday with just veggies. Today is veggies and some ground beef so far. My weight has been all over the place since my fast so I am waiting to stabilize to start posting daily weighings again. This morning was 131.0 after my good DD so needless to say I was not impressed. My clothes are falling off of me so I know I have not gained and I was 128 the day before. Its maddening. So work...crazy, eating...good, Zumba...during the week now so I'm happy. All is well for this JB.

Oh funny story. DH came to the gym with me. I do Zumba and he does the elliptical or treadmill. He finished early with his workout and went and sat in the car to wait for me. I came out of the gym and he didn't even recognize me and that's a cool feeling. I'm going to say its because I'm so much smaller than I used to be...not that I was a disheveled sweaty mess from my Zumba workout. Either way it was cute.

Back to work...
jhmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 10:18 AM   #101
Bluebelle
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
Sibling with atrial fibrillation is in hospital following post-procedure complications: there's a current susceptibility to stroke or heart failure.

The embarrassingly small amount of snow (in relative terms) is causing travel chaos on both trains and roads. Ho hum.

Winding my clock
Slow, is sibling's hospital nearby you? Joining you in optimistic thinking.

I heard that no one showed up at the London office today because of 2-3 cm of snow. Pretty funny.
Old 02-28-2018, 10:25 AM   #102
Bluebelle
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post

Winding my clock

I heard that no one showed up at the London office today because of 2-3 cm of snow. Pretty funny.
Old 02-28-2018, 10:56 AM   #103
Bluebelle
Senior LCF Member

It's been a rough week, and it's only Wednesday. On top of the even-crazier-than-usual work demands I told you guys about - which have translated into me being sleep-deprived and cranky/headache-y all the time, DS has been sick (but it's also project week at school); both the washer AND the dryer died (I now have a very cute front-load washing machine after 12 years with a very functional clunker), so there's a MOUNTAIN of laundry to wash. I haven't yet been to the supermarket (and we're in desperate need of it). I haven't yet been to the gym yet. Ugh!
Old 02-28-2018, 11:02 AM   #104
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebelle View Post

It is so embarrassing. Negligible amount of snow and my overhead cables are down so the train service can't run.

In mis-guided cost cutting, the roads aren't gritted, so a couple of badly-placed accidents and the roads are completely impassable.

So, yes - it's horribly true that almost nothing makes our commute completely impractical.

The hospital is <60 miles from me but may as well be on another continent. Our transport system is so ludicrously fragile.

Old 02-28-2018, 11:36 AM   #105
Kissa
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/120/120 5'3" Age 70
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2002 Atkins 2011 JUDDD 2016 BSD/JUDDD
Slow, I am so sorry about your family members. And that you are trapped by this ludicrous country's handling of the weather! We still have nothing where we are. Possibly tomorrow.

The friends who were due to visit have cancelled as on of them relies on a wheelchair and this is not the time to risk the train service and possibly get stuck here with us.

So I have mountain of very delicious food to get through. Some can be frozen, but not the lobster!

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Hunger is not an emergency.

It's not what you eat between Christmas and New Year that makes you fat, it's what you eat between New Year and Christmas.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 02:45 PM   #106
kwerp
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kwerp
Stats: 153/128/124
Sorry Slow & Kissa that you're suffering as well. Kissa - I guess you'd best make the most of the lobster! It's low-carb, right?

I've been slowly getting back after a long weekend eating too much and being off my weight training. The result is some gain I'm not happy about. I need to get my head back in the game.

Today was incredibly frustrating in Scotland. We had 2cm of snow overnight, which lead to the shutdown of many schools. The university I work at wasn't closed, so in I went. By 12.30pm, they decided to close the uni at 1pm. I hopped on a bus....it took 2 hrs to travel 5 miles. Yes, there was lots of wind and snow, but the accumulation was less than a foot!! I abandoned the bus a mile+ from my house, and walked through the blizzard-like conditions. I helped push cars up minor hills that would have been no challenge if the cars were equiped with winter tires and people knew how to drive in snow. These lot were the ones backing up the traffic.

Even worse...DH got so fed up on the same bus service, one bus behind, that he abandoned about 6.3 miles out and hiked it home.

I counted myself lucky, as I read reports of people being trapped on the M8 for 7 hours!! Scandinavian countries must be having a laugh...
kwerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 09:31 PM   #107
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

March thread: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/sh...d.php?t=891873