Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 11-01-2017, 10:22 AM   #661
julieboolie
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/169/158-163lbs
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Izzy- I hope it's a fluke! Maybe try clearing your cookies and see if that'll work? We'd miss you!!

Deb-I think keto will work great for you! Especially once you're in deep ketosis and the appetite suppression kicks in, plus the energy! Wishing you a very successful day 1 today!!

Shari- I hear you on the discomfort with where you are, me too! It's so hard, but facing it and accepting that this is our current reality is a good place to start. Also understanding what you realistically are willing and able to do is wise too. Juddd triggered binging in me, so it's not an option for me now, but it's good for others. With our thyroid issues any weight loss, true fat loss, will be slower than other people. I'm trying to accept that and not look back to the hcg days with that lovely fast loss. Sadly for me, the only thing that actually helps me lose anymore is very low calorie and trying to focus on protein. I also do better with exercise in there but haven't been consistently doing that either. Hope you can find a good option (WW sounds so reasonably) and LC helps clean up ur diets while you decide.

I was down to 170.4 this week, but had a bit too much fun last night and am up to 172 this morning. If I can keep to clean eating today (read that avoid the candy!) I should see that 170 again. It was there a few days and encouraging. Still far from where I want and should be, but understanding I saw 180.7 not that long ago, I'm giving myself some credit for getting here and also leeway to slowly get these remaining 12-15 lbs back off. Again.

So, slow slogging again...low calories and higher protein is my plan. I'd like to at least walk some as it's finally getting nice here! My goal for next week is 169.

Come visit me in my journal:
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/sh...d.php?t=888635
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-2017, 10:28 AM   #662
Deb294evr
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
You have a great plan Julie! As long as you can do the lower cals and not be starving, that is what I would do also.

I am hoping when appetite suppression kicks in, I can naturally lower my cals. I will NOT be adding fat to get to any macros like some do, that would defeat my purpose of burning my own fat which I have an abundance of!

I meant to say earlier that WW is changing their plan again soon. It will be called Freestyle and focus on lean protein and veges.. Sound familiar? It will have those items as "free" items and no other details are out yet, but is sounds more like South Beach. I was actually thinking of South Beach and all the delivered meals, but naw, too expensive.
Old 11-01-2017, 10:39 AM   #663
Izzysdream
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Izzysdream
Stats: age 60, prednisone since 11/16
WOE: trying to figure it out
Start Date: 4/2006 restart:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
BOOOOO!! Sorry Izzy!! I hope it gets Unblocked for you!!!
Oh yes, I just had to reboot! LOL. It's a tiny company, 2 bosses, an estimator and me. No IT person on site.
Izzysdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 04:51 AM   #664
shari
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: shari
Stats: 216/207/179-mini goal
WOE: WW
Happy Friday Eve!

Izzy~glad you figured it out; we would've missed you. I forgot, when do you go testing for the aneurysm? I forgot to mention that I work in the mental health field and am very familiar with EMDR; I don't specialize in it, but a coworker does and talks about the great benefit of the type of therapy with her clients. I'm glad you found a good therapist that is doing this.

Julie~ I think what you said may be part of the problem. I logically know that being hypo will create a very slow weight loss with tremendously easy gains, but I believe it hasn't really sunk in yet, kwim? I'm still expecting and pushing my body to show losses like it did before, become frustrated and give up. Wow. I'm going to have to resign that it's doing the best it can and just go with the flow. I'm thinking I may even have to give the scale up for a minute because the mental expectations are not helping me right now. I appreciate you mentioning this, it's not new information, but you know sometimes the repetition is needed. I think you're doing wonderful with all you have going on.

Deb~ Keto is great, good luck, you got this too!! Keto Karma, I don't remember hearing about her; I'll check it out. Good info about WW, I didn't know that....hmmm, interesting, and yes, very familiar LOL. I hope your mom settles in well at her new home and now you're able to focus on your WOE and you again.

I really appreciate the feedback. I'm going to settle on something and commit. I'll figure it out. Have a great day, all.

Last edited by shari; 11-02-2017 at 04:52 AM..
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 06:13 AM   #665
Deb294evr
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Shari, you will figure it out, and I am hoping you can find something that you can stick with ( ME TOO!!) I don't think I have a thyroid issue, but the doctors don't get into testing much if your initial tests are in range. I think I just like to eat too much!

It is so hard on our bodies to keep being wishy washy, but that is me. I had a wonderful day 1 !!! no problems at all and tasty food. It really shows me it is all in my head........
Old 11-02-2017, 09:10 AM   #666
Izzysdream
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Happy Friday Eve!
Izzy~glad you figured it out; we would've missed you. I forgot, when do you go testing for the aneurysm?
I go next Thursday at 7:00 am, November 9th. Could use some prayers and healing energy my way.
Old 11-03-2017, 09:00 AM   #667
shari
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzysdream View Post
I go next Thursday at 7:00 am, November 9th. Could use some prayers and healing energy my way.
you got it!

Deb~ congrats on making it through day 1 and hopefully day 2...starting can be the hardest.

Julie~ I forgot to mention, you're Halloween pics were adorable! A is the cutest.

I'm still thinking things over LOL. Just wanted to come in and wish you all a nice weekend.
Old 11-03-2017, 09:53 AM   #668
Deb294evr
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Shari! Day 2 was shaky (in my mind) but I overcame it! That always seems to happen on day 2 and then I change plans.. HOWEVER!! not this time!!

I had a great day 2 and day 3 is going well also!

I ordered those Smart Buns from Netrition and they are helping me with my bread fix. Very good too!

I also ordered the Smart Cakes....... so good!!! The cinnamon flavor are as good as any coffee cake I have eaten and only 38 cals/ Zero net carbs. Even if it is actually one or 2 net carbs, they are worth it!!!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend Ladies!!!
Old 11-04-2017, 09:15 AM   #669
julieboolie

Deb-those buns sound too good to be true! I'm so glad you're finding things to make the transition to keto easier and even enjoyable! With planning and food prep, keto is pretty easy. The fat is so decadent it really satisfies, but I do miss the options other plans offer. Hope day 3 goes great too!

Shari-yes, I do think we expect too much from our low thyroid selves. I need to remind myself of this over and over. Evidently sheer will is not enough to make this weight go! It is SO frustrating and unfair. But, it is what it is, and being in denial isn't helping me at all . So, like you, I'm trying to adjust my mindset and accept that slow loss is better than rapid gain, because it seems these are my only 2 options these days . I hope whatever you choose it's a smooth transition and you find a good rhythm with it .

Izzy-praying for you and your follow up next week. I'm so sorry you've had to deal with so much this past year! I hope the new year brings much joy and wellness to you!!

I've been more indulgent and less strict this week . Stupid chocolate, why does it have to taste so good? I am up to 172, but kinda happy it's not higher! I need to be back on more strict restriction...I do great all day then night time and dinner happen . Not sure if I just need to become a hermit? Too many temptations in social situations.

Anyway, off to have a meeting with my mom and her caregivers. She's doing less and less and they will need to charge us more as it's taking 2 caregivers to get her up these days. Sigh. I just don't have any extra $ to put toward her care...kinda frustrated at her lack of effort in life and stressed that somehow I have to come up with $ I don't have .

Old 11-06-2017, 08:17 AM   #670
Izzysdream
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Izzy-praying for you and your follow up next week. I'm so sorry you've had to deal with so much this past year! I hope the new year brings much joy and wellness to you!!
Thank you Julie! I appreciate it, I'm really nervous, especially since I've been having pain where the stents are located since the failed mri about 3 or so weeks ago. They were checking to see if I had a tumor near my left ear (tinnitis in one ear) but stopped the procedure after 10 minutes due to pain behind my right eye. I'm just fallin' apart! LOL
Old 11-07-2017, 08:16 AM   #671
julieboolie

Izzy-Hope whatever is causing the pain is minor...how long have the stents been in? praying for Thursday!

Quick check in...at 169.1 this morning! finally! Now, to stick to light eating and stay in this decade for a While! Hungry, but I'll live. Little A was sick last night, threw up sometime in the middle of the night, but seems ok now. Afraid to feed him much though. He's fussy, but hasn't thrown up again. Sigh, long day ahead!

Old 11-07-2017, 08:25 AM   #672
Izzysdream
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Izzy-Hope whatever is causing the pain is minor...how long have the stents been in? praying for Thursday!

Quick check in...at 169.1 this morning! finally! Now, to stick to light eating and stay in this decade for a While! Hungry, but I'll live. Little A was sick last night, threw up sometime in the middle of the night, but seems ok now. Afraid to feed him much though. He's fussy, but hasn't thrown up again. Sigh, long day ahead!
WooHoo on the 160's! Stents put in on May 16th this year. Procedure 6am on Thursday your time! Thank you!

Last edited by Izzysdream; 11-07-2017 at 08:28 AM..
Old 11-07-2017, 08:28 AM   #673
Deb294evr
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I really hope all is well Izzy!!! Scary stuff being in the brain/head. I hear you on the falling apart thing! One by one, little things start to happen. which is why it is so important to get healthy NOW!!!!

Julie, yes the buns do seem too good to be true, so I have to limit to one every other day. All that fiber in these things really do a number on my belly. They do great a sub for real bread though! I also really miss so many things when eating this way, so I hope I can continue on, maybe doing some subs for my favorite items. So far so good!

Congrats on being back to the 60's!!!!

I will weigh in on Saturday's again, so I have no update yet. I did weigh in this Saturday and since I didn't check before Keto, I don't know what I was then. Awful I know though!!!!!

Shari, hope you are doing well!!! Where did Gracie go??? Miss you guys!
Old 11-08-2017, 08:04 AM   #674
shari
Major LCF Poster!

Hey ladies,

Congrats Julie!! Oh how I wish to be in the 160's again, kudos to you!! Sorry A was sick, hope he feels better and it doesn't get worse.

Izzy~ I agree, it's scary! I'm keeping you in my prayers, positive thoughts that everything works out tomorrow.

Deb~ congrats on making it through the first few days! I've got to try those buns...thanks for letting us know. I know one of the reasons I keep going off low carb is because I miss carbs, like bread LOL.

I'm just mucking along, not really losing or gaining for now...but the scale is still !! I'm hoping something will motivate me to kick start working on actively losing again. I am doing low carb for now (my default plan when nothing else motivates me)....soooo just going with the flow.
Old 11-08-2017, 08:12 AM   #675
Deb294evr
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well Shari, sometimes just going with the flow is good enough! Scale will still suck, but at least you are hanging in there!

I just had a Smart Bun with a burger for breakfast and honestly it was good!

I am satisfied and I will go on with my day not craving a bun. This is what it is good for. I don't feel like I am missing anything on this Plan TODAY. May change tomorrow, but I can't worry about tomorrow TODAY.

I hope everyone is having a nice day, Hump day it is!!
Old 11-08-2017, 09:35 AM   #676
Izzysdream
Senior LCF Member

Thanks ladies! I feel more hopeful, the cramping behind/above my eye has finally stopped. I am thinking the failed MRI 3 weeks ago triggered a long lasting inflammation of the vessel where the stents are in my brain. I have also been sleeping better since I started propranolol a week and a half ago (I can't poo but i can sleep. lol) Anyway, keep sending those prayers for 7am central standard time tomorrow 11/9/17. I appreciate it!

Last edited by Izzysdream; 11-08-2017 at 09:39 AM..
Old 11-08-2017, 09:53 AM   #677
julieboolie

Izzy-Praying now and will tomorrow morning (little guy has me up early, so I'll be up for sure! I really hope it's good news for you! You are so due for a break!! Glad the pain has lessened .

Deb-yes! "Don't worrry about tomorrow, tomorrow will take care of itself. Today has enough worry of it's own!" Matt 6:44-great reminder of a great verse! I am a planner and can run on too far ahead...that one day at a time motto is so good for me! I'm better now than I once was, but it's always good to remember to stay present and focused on now . I'm sure you're losing already! Bummer you don't have a solid (albeit depressing) starting number. I love/hate having an awful starting point...progress is encouraging but reality is alarming! KUTGW!! Good job finding healthy options to keep you on plan and moving forward

Shari- on finding motivation. It's so hard! I really think weight loss is much harder on the mind than the body! For me, having cooler weather coming (FINALLY!!) and not being able to wear anything (except one pair of jeggings and leggings! ) was VERY motivational! Plus, I only have 3 months of the phentermine (they won't let you go longer than that) so I know I have to make it happen now. If I can't lose with the medical help, I know I have less opportunity all on my own. Stupid thyroid makes it all the harder, you know. I hope you can settle on a plan that'll work for you. LC to clean up your diet is a great place to start, and maintaining is good too. Honestly, it is! Your metabolism is doing well with higher calories right now, maintaining. So when you choose your plan and inevitably lower calories you should be in prime shape to lose!.

Little A seems better today . TOM has been here the last few days, my cycle seems more normal now (was coming REALLY close together there for a while ). I think the thyroid med is helping with that. Even with that, I'm down a bit this week which is nice to see. Again, so much a mental battle, but seeing a new decade is so encouraging! 168.9 today . I'd love to be in the 150's by the end of the year. With the holidays I'm sure I'll naturally start raising my daily calories which I want to do while transitioning off the phen. I really want to stay controlled this time and nail maintenance. No vacation around that time so I should be able to manage it, .

Ok, have a great day all!!

Old 11-09-2017, 06:58 AM   #678
julieboolie

Izzy-praying for you! Hope it's good news,

Scale says 167.4 this morning! Hope it's telling the truth! That would be such a nice surprise!

Tired momma here, but I need to do some kind of exercise! Can't seem to drag my butt to the gym , but maybe a walk with little A.

Old 11-09-2017, 07:11 AM   #679
Deb294evr
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Izzy also hoping for the best!!!!

Julie, Fantastic news !!! your plan is working! Now for the tired part, yep, I can relate. We have DGS in our bed every night while my DD works overnights. He has his own bed, but only stays for half the night.

I would love to formally exercise again, just have to make the commitment!!! Hope you get out some today!

So yesterday went great! I am hoping for today to also go great!! One day at a time!!!

Update on my Mom, she is LOVING her new apartment!!! She is participating in activities and enjoying her time with folks her own age!! I am THRILLED!!!
Old 11-09-2017, 01:00 PM   #680
Izzysdream
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the prayers ladies! My annie is gone! No more plavix and baby aspirin for 6 months! Woohoo! I had a catscan of my left ear for a tumor, find out tomorrow hopefully. Posting from my phone, a bit hard to see. My niece said they mostly had good news about my brother.?2 if his tumors have shrunk in size, but he may have prostrate cancer now which the will treat with hormones? He’s starting his 7th round of chemo treatment for stage 4 pancreatic cancer.

Last edited by Izzysdream; 11-09-2017 at 01:15 PM..
Old 11-09-2017, 01:02 PM   #681
julieboolie

Quote:
Thanks for the prayers ladies! My annie is gone! No more plavix and baby aspirin for 6 months! Woohoo! I had a catscan of my left ear for a tumor, find out tomorrow hopefully. ��
yay!! Soooo happy to see this! I'm sure you're over the moon! Woohoo!! Hope the cat scan comes back clean...you're almost out of the woods!! Go celebrate!!

Old 11-13-2017, 06:07 AM   #682
shari
Major LCF Poster!

Hmmm, I thought I'd posted before now...maybe I forgot to hit 'submit' button.

Soooo happy to hear the wonderful news, Izzy!!! I pray the tumors continue to shrink and your brother is able to continue to tolerate chemo. Praying that you got good results from your CAT scan...

Julie~ WOW!! You're doing fantastic!! Dipping lower and lower into the 160's, I know you must feel great! I may need to talk to my PCP about getting Phentermine again...I used it briefly in the past (early 2000's) and remember it working well for appetite suppression. I believe most docs here don't like to prescribe it, but I won't know until I ask.

Deb~ Wonderful news about your mom, glad she's loving her new place which means you can rest easy (mentally). I know you're tired physically from DGS though, LOL...too cute. Congrats on staying on plan. It is a day by day process, I have to try to remember this too.

I pushed the scale away for awhile. It was causing me to feel miserable the whole day, it really does play a head trick on me and is not productive for the positive thoughts I need right now. I'm still maintaining though on LC (just don't like the set weight my body is at right now). For now, it seems I should wait until after the cruise to delve into something new. I don't know yet what it will be...my thoughts change from day to day which lets me know I'm not ready for a set plan yet.
Old 11-13-2017, 06:26 AM   #683
Deb294evr
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I feel you Shari!!! Why torture yourself.. I would also wait until after the cruise and give yourself time to just relax and when you are ready it will come to you.

Izzy, wonderful news!!! So happy for you.

Julie you are doing so well! Keep it up!!

All is well here so far..... so good. Still going day by day. I am probably over the 20 net carbs, but I feel good. My weigh in on Saturday showed I did lose around 5 pounds since my last weigh in. I enjoy the food so what else can I say? I feel like it will take forever to lose the weight I want to lose though, so around Jan. 1 I am going to get more strict on losing. I am thinking about my Son's wedding next year and I can't look like this!!!
Old 11-13-2017, 08:51 AM   #684
Izzysdream
Senior LCF Member

Hi Julie, Shari and Deb!
I called the ENT office this morning to see if they could fax me the results of the catscan, at first she said yes, then she said she'd have the doctor call me (he's at another location today). I wonder if that's a bad sign?

Anyway, hoping for the best.

Julie, I look forward to reading about your adventures with A each day, Shari, yes, maintain to the cruise and Deb, congrats on the 5 pound loss since the last weigh in. I went to 3 celebratory meals this weekend.

Last edited by Izzysdream; 11-13-2017 at 08:56 AM..
Old 11-14-2017, 02:30 PM   #685
julieboolie

Hey girls! Sorry I haven't been around much. All good but busy!

Scale around 168 today, which is fine. I've been having a bit too many bites of goodies . I'll buckle back down, and I've been good all day today . I'm wearing more clothes I havent fit into in a while which is nice . Another 10 lbs and I think I can be done!! I'm sure it'll be even harder to lose this last 10...but I really want to! Holidays are not the best times to try, but I need to get it done!

Deb-so glad your mom is happy! That must be a huge relief!! You're doing great! Hope it continues to go well! I like it when it's a good plan with yummy food! Makes life a lot more tolerable! Kutgw!

Izzy-I hope the ent has good news too! My dr wouldn't send me test results either...they like to make their $ and make me go in .

Shari-good idea! Maintaining through the cruise is hard enough! Heck, thanksgiving and Christmas are really hard too! Yes, I was surprised when my Dr suggest it! I didn't even know what it was...but I'm glad I tried it. It's so frustrating that it takes such Herculean efforts to lose any weight! But, I am really hoping to keep it off this time! Hope you can find a good fit in a woe that will work well .

Little A is sick but still such a sweetie! No word on his dad's apartment so I guess we get to have him a while longer. I'm so glad I'll get to see him weekdays after he moves...such a love!

Have a good one all!

Old 11-14-2017, 03:21 PM   #686
Izzysdream
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Izzy-I hope the ent has good news too! My dr wouldn't send me test results either...they like to make their $ and make me go in .
Little A is sick but still such a sweetie! No word on his dad's apartment so I guess we get to have him a while longer. I'm so glad I'll get to see him weekdays after he moves...such a love!

Have a good one all!
You too Julie! No tumor near my ear! WooHoo. I asked her about calcified spot in the dura they found on the aborted MRI and the assistant said she would ask the doctor about it. I think it's harmless from what I found on the web. Hope little A feels better soon, glad you get to have him a little longer.
Old 12-04-2017, 05:47 AM   #687
shari
Major LCF Poster!

Hey ladies, long time since checking in.

Izzy~ I meant to comment congrats on the great news regarding no tumors! I hope you continue to feel better and have improved health overall.

Julie~ Wow, you're going to be quite busy...congrats on the new placement. Check in when you can, I understand when you don't.

Deb~ how's it going with your mom? Hopefully she's still doing well in her new home and you've had more time for yourself. Christmas must be extra fun since your DGS is looking forward to Santa coming.

As for me, I'm finally sick and tired of being fat. I've enjoyed eating what I wanted on the cruise last week and other times in between when not eating low carb. I checked a journal I kept, off and on journaling really, and noted that I've gained 15lbs since beginning of July!! It's no question that hypothyroidism doesn't leave room for me to continue down this path as it's harder than before to just 'drop the pounds' sooo I'm going to have to do something to jump start my weight loss. I'm going to start hhcg today and on Christmas will be able to eat low carb, stabilize until after the new year, and will have to do it again. I don't see getting back into the 160's without it now. Wish me luck!
Old 12-04-2017, 06:08 AM   #688
Deb294evr
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Shari!!! Thanks for bringing this back to life! I know the feeling you are having about just doing something and it must be done soon!!! Good luck with your HHCG!!!! You know what to do, and if your mind is in the right place, you WILL SUCCEED!!!!

My Mom is doing wonderful!!!! She loves her new place and even put up a Christmas Tree for the first time since my Dad passed away in 2012. She has new friends and is enjoying the activities.. I am SO happy we found this place!!!

My DGS is so looking forward to everything Christmas! He sees every commercial and says I love that, I want that......

He will be spoiled rotten this year for sure. BUT!!! this is what it is all about!!! Everyone has a new fun spirit this year about Christmas because he does!

I rejoined WW yesterday with the new Freestyle plan. So many more free foods (0) points. Chicken, Fish, Seafood, Beans, all fruit and veges as before, but also Corn and Peas which I love. I love all of these things, so I am hoping I really get into the plan this time!!

We also get our daily points and weekly points so we can work in other things that we love. The testing folks ended up losing lots of weight on this, but the main thing is I HAVE TO STICK TO IT!!!!!

My Son is getting married on Sept. 15 so I MUST DO IT NOW!!!!

Julie, I see you got a new BABY!!! WOW!!! good luck!!!

Izzy, hope all is well with you!!!!
Old 12-04-2017, 09:15 AM   #689
Izzysdream
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
As for me, I'm finally sick and tired of being fat. I've enjoyed eating what I wanted on the cruise last week and other times in between when not eating low carb. I checked a journal I kept, off and on journaling really, and noted that I've gained 15lbs since beginning of July!! It's no question that hypothyroidism doesn't leave room for me to continue down this path as it's harder than before to just 'drop the pounds' sooo I'm going to have to do something to jump start my weight loss. I'm going to start hhcg today and on Christmas will be able to eat low carb, stabilize until after the new year, and will have to do it again. I don't see getting back into the 160's without it now. Wish me luck!
Hi Deb and Shari! I too have gained 15 pounds since I returned to work in August. It's so hard to get motivated! Waiting for the results of my blood tests which include thyroid numbers. Fingers crossed I'm still okay in that area. I'm 60 now and my metabolism is crawling.
Old 12-04-2017, 09:30 AM   #690
Deb294evr
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Hi Deb and Shari! I too have gained 15 pounds since I returned to work in August. It's so hard to get motivated! Waiting for the results of my blood tests which include thyroid numbers. Fingers crossed I'm still okay in that area. I'm 60 now and my metabolism is crawling.
Me too Izzy!!! crawling like a snail!!!
Fingers crossed for your test results!!