Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 07-10-2017, 08:54 AM   #541
julieboolie
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/169/158-163lbs
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Hey ladies!

Deb-I'm so sorry! I can imagine your household right now! And work isn't a restful escape for you either . I'm sure once your mom is feeling better it'll help a lot. My mom has a uti right now too. They really are rough on the elderly. Hang in there! Hope things quiet down for you soon!

Thanks shari! Not sure how I'll fit it in, need to find a gym with good childcare, inexpensive and just sign up and go! I know it'll help on many levels! I hope you have a great week of losses and feel it in your clothes! I love that part!

Having a toddler on hand makes life a lot more challenging! Into everything, needing guidance and discipline and ours needs reassurance as she's coming from trauma too. She will be in childcare for a few days a week the end of the month. I'm hopeful that'll make a big difference for me. I'm in survival mode all the time! Need to get back to being in control of life not just catching and riding the waves as they come by! I'm growing to love her, but like I try to describe to my friends, it's like marrying a blind date. You don't fall in love (typically) on the first date or 2. It grows over time. It's the same with fostering. She's such a cute little girl, but definitely challenging. While taking care of our 9 mo, who is the happiest baby I've ever known. It's a handful but slowly getting adjusted. I was hoping to be adjusted by now, but it'll be what it'll be.

Did I mention tom is coming every 2 weeks now? Added fun to my life! Hormones are definitely out of whack too. I see the dr soon...hoping she can help but trying to keep my expectations low as they're not super helpful usually.

I leave tomorrow for a few days away with dd(17). I can't wait! So need a break! I'm hoping the babysitters (respite care for foster kiddos) and dh and dd(14) do ok and the little ones are ok. I think M will be fine, but baby Z has never been away from me...I think it'll be very hard on her.

Come visit me in my journal:
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/sh...d.php?t=888635
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2017, 09:11 AM   #542
shari
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/187/169-mini goal
WOE: low carb-Atkins '72
Start Date: restart- 8/9/16
Oh Julie, I do understand what you're saying about needing time to fully fall in love. Your analogy of a blind marriage is right on point...I know from working with clients that have had kids placed in foster care, usually not very traumatic circumstances, when participating in family meetings, it's very heartbreaking to hear the challenges the kids face because of trauma and loss of attachment with bio parents. You and your family are wonderful people to do what you're doing; the emotional, not even to mention total physical, aspects of fostering is beyond words to describe. I think it's admirable that you haven't totally thrown it all to the wind, and trying to get yourself back. It's hard to do, wishing and supporting you in this endeavor. Ohhh, I just remember you said you're dealing with perimeno too?! Wow! I hope your doc can help. TOM is a beast once a month, but every 2 weeks...yuck!

Deb~ Like Julie said, UTIs are common among elderly, but very difficult for them. I too hope you're able to get 'me' time in there, somewhere. Nope, perfection is not expected because we're all old enough to understand life is not this (and you're drive yourself bananas to try to achieve this), but not giving up and working on it is key. You've got my full support too!

forgot to add that I'm down 1.2lbs. Still not doing full protocol, but more lower carb....

Last edited by shari; 07-10-2017 at 09:12 AM..
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 09:29 AM   #543
Deb294evr
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
oh JULIE!!! Holy cow, I feel like you totally are getting the fun I am dealing with also, but on top of what I am dealing with you have 2 tiny's who are depending on you! I have been keeping up with your journal so I know M's issues. This poor girl! I bow to you and your family for taking these girls in when they need it most.. Hang in there and enjoy your time away!!!!

Shari, thank you for your kind words of wisdom and understanding! I will get through this, and will come out with some new lessons learned. I guess I must still have lots to learn.... Hoping for some time off too....... just have to figure out how!

Everyone have a wonderful day and Congrats on your loss Shari!!! perfection is not needed.....
Old 07-10-2017, 01:28 PM   #544
shari
Major LCF Poster!

thanks Deb! I believe our journeys are life lessons too

I was reading over my post and meant to say that the kids I see in foster care are usually placed under traumatic circumstances (sometimes from my clients that mean well but didn't have to full mental capacity to parent them correctly ) and hearing their cases is so heartbreaking. I'm heading over to your journal now Julie...
Old 07-12-2017, 07:35 AM   #545
shari
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Hump Day!

The wind was taken out of my sail by doing low carb this past weekend. The thought of going back to low fat isn't appealing...at all. I'm still trying to see if I can get it back. On a positive front, I'm wearing an outfit that I'd waited to wear until if fit a bit better. So the little loss I've had has some benefits.

How's everyone else?
Old 07-12-2017, 07:45 AM   #546
Deb294evr
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Happy Hump Day!

The wind was taken out of my sail by doing low carb this past weekend. The thought of going back to low fat isn't appealing...at all. I'm still trying to see if I can get it back. On a positive front, I'm wearing an outfit that I'd waited to wear until if fit a bit better. So the little loss I've had has some benefits.

How's everyone else?
This is life Shari!! Congrats on getting into a new/old outfit!!!

Does not seem to matter how we do it, just that we do something..

I am on day 3 today and doing fine. Gained 5 loading over the weekend and lost those 5 plus 4 more so far. I am happy about that but dealing with more Health issues with Mom, so not as able to check in. Still doing the best I can and trying to put my OWN health up front when I can!!!!

Hope everyone is doing well also. Gracie did you decide to do a round or wait? I just could not wait any longer....... out of control....

Happy HUMP DAY IS RIGHT!!!!
Old 07-12-2017, 09:09 AM   #547
shari
Major LCF Poster!

Congrats on a 9lb loss!!! Wow!! That's great!

I'm so sorry to hear there are more issues with you mom, I hope it all works out. The fact that you're able to even stay on plan is amazing with all going on...sending prayers
Old 07-13-2017, 07:07 PM   #548
Deb294evr
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Shari! Another pound down but going to tweak and add fat. Want to feel good!
Old 07-13-2017, 08:58 PM   #549
julieboolie

I'm feeling fat and icky...planning something when I get home. Probably LC and IF or juddd type eating...not sure but I need to do something!

Good job Deb! Hang in There!!

Shari-looser clothes are awesome!! I'd be thrilled with that! LC is a good holding pattern...that'll probe me...but calories may win...fruit is too yummy right now. We'll see. Keep plugging away!

Old 07-14-2017, 04:48 AM   #550
shari
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
Thanks Shari! Another pound down but going to tweak and add fat. Want to feel good!
Congrats Deb!!! Yes, fat just makes it much more better ....the reason it's harder for me to switch back over. You're doing wonderful, especially given the current home stressors. Like Julie said, hang in there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
I'm feeling fat and icky...planning something when I get home. Probably LC and IF or juddd type eating...not sure but I need to do something!

Good job Deb! Hang in There!!

Shari-looser clothes are awesome!! I'd be thrilled with that! LC is a good holding pattern...that'll probe me...but calories may win...fruit is too yummy right now. We'll see. Keep plugging away!
Julie, either of those plans work well. Whatever you decide, here to cheer you on!

As mentioned above, I've been doing LC...I really intended to just do it over the weekend and switch back over, but mentally it's not there. So for now going with the flow. I'm going to a paint party tomorrow so prepping mentally to make good choices. I do intend to have a glass (or two) of wine so will eat zero carbs the rest of the day. I haven't weighed yet, will do so tomorrow when I can weigh later in the morning. Hope you all have a great weekend!
Old 07-14-2017, 06:14 AM   #551
Deb294evr
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you Julie!! loved your pics on FB! Looks like you are having a great time with your DD! Enjoy and worry about what to do when you return. I know your stressors are very high also. Whatever you decide, we are here!!

Shari, I totally get just going with LC. Wine is LC!.. Hey, we just have to do what keeps us going in the right direction. I am doing well just eating like I am right now.. yes, the losses are smaller but I am not hungry and I feel better with some fat. My meat choices are fattier and that makes my brain happy.

Have a wonderful rest of Friday and the weekend!! I am down .8 today.. so that is 10.8 in a week! Not too shabby especially when I am eating some fat.
Old 07-14-2017, 07:51 AM   #552
shari
Major LCF Poster!

Wonderful Deb!!! Yes, I'd just continue on like you are too since you're still having losses.

Julie I agree with Deb, your pics show you're enjoying a great experience/vacy with DD.
Old 07-19-2017, 06:06 AM   #553
Deb294evr
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi guys!!!! How are you??
I am doing pretty good, down a few more pounds and just finishing this short round. I am sure I will be settling into low carb I think. So very busy but have to keep my focus!!
Old 07-19-2017, 07:37 AM   #554
shari
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Deb, congrats on losing and finishing the round! I know it's hard to do when you have so much on your plate. Low carb will maintain losses and hopefully help with additional losses and/or inches. Your pool on FB looks divine... and OMG, your grandson is an absolute DOLL (handsome).

I weighed Saturday and was the exact same as the day I stopped dosing. I'd gained about 1.2lbs my last day of eating low carb/high fat last Monday with hhcg still in my system...guess I ate too much, it stuck LOL. For now, I'm still eating low carb and at least going for inch loss. I'm not weighing except for once a week right now.
Old 07-19-2017, 08:01 AM   #555
julieboolie

Deb-yay!!! Great job and so hard! Woohoo!!

Shari-im starting LC and haven't done it in so long I almost forget how! I can't cheat at all which may be a deal breaker . I had some tortilla chips yesterday...I'm so used to moderate or even high carb lately I need to get my head back on track. I'm way high on the scale. I would do better on the medifast plan I did before but it's too restrictive and expensive to do again and I'm not mentally ready for that.

M starts childcare Monday, so I plan to take z with me to a local gym and sign up! It's so hard taking both of them anywhere in 100 degree heat! I'm working on getting back to LC and giving it some time. I'm mad I've regained so quickly and miss being smaller! Party is over and stressed or not, I neee to make better choices!

Take care all!

Old 07-19-2017, 08:24 AM   #556
Deb294evr
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Shari! My little guy is just so funny and fun! He loves the water and was always trying to go in by himself.... So she got him his water wings and now he is in HEAVEN!... freedom and not scared at all... I agree he is a handsome little boy.. am I a bit biased? YES!..

Low Carb is great for at least holding steady. I would love to lose on it, and I am hoping it is possible!. Keep doing what you are doing, no where to go but DOWN!

Julie, good luck getting back to the gym! I don't know how you handle 2 little ones, I can barely keep up with 1. Good to know M is going to daycare though, that will be good for all of you! I am sure you will come up with a plan for yourself, you always do!
Old 07-31-2017, 08:53 AM   #557
Gracie514
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Gracie514
Hi ladies! Anyone still here???

I started dosing today and my goal is a short round and hopefully losing 20 pounds. I got home from vacation last night and the scale was harsh this morning!!! So far today I've only had coffee and I need to go grocery shopping. Our vacation was fun but it rained and rained. We really only went on the boat a few days. I pretty much ate and drank whatever I wanted but didn't overdo it too much. DS Ricky moves into college next Friday (8/11) and starts football camp on Saturday. Life is moving so dang fast I can't stand it!!! I think a lot of my overeating has been due to my emotions being crazy. I need to take the next 3 weeks and buckle down and get my head on straight! I've been an emotional wreck.

Please stop by if you're lurking! I weighed this morning and I'm going to actually measure this time to compare. I may only weigh every few days so I don't get all obsessed with the scale. Wish me luck
Gracie514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 09:29 AM   #558
Deb294evr
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good to see you Gracie!!! I can relate to all you say. Your oldest baby leaving home for College is very traumatic for parents. You have every right to be emotional, but excited about his path and his future.. All will work out of course, but in the meantime it is tough on Momma!!!

I am such an emotional eater and I think last night I had a mental breakdown of sorts... ok not really, but I could not go to sleep so kept thinking woe is me........ all I am responsible for, and never getting any ME time is wearing on my nerves and consuming me and my time. I also decided that I make my own happiness and I CHOOSE to change how I think about all this.

I CHOOSE to be happy in whatever way I can, so I am going to continue on with my Weight Loss journey and not let emotions or circumstances I can't control consume me.

I have kept off the weight from my short round, so that is good!! I am eating Low Carb for now trying to get ready for another short round. Working on my head right now.

Hope everyone out there is doing fine also!! Shari, Julie, everyone???
Old 07-31-2017, 10:50 AM   #559
Gracie514
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Gracie514
Quote:
Good to see you Gracie!!! I can relate to all you say. Your oldest baby leaving home for College is very traumatic for parents. You have every right to be emotional, but excited about his path and his future.. All will work out of course, but in the meantime it is tough on Momma!!!

I am such an emotional eater and I think last night I had a mental breakdown of sorts... ok not really, but I could not go to sleep so kept thinking woe is me........ all I am responsible for, and never getting any ME time is wearing on my nerves and consuming me and my time. I also decided that I make my own happiness and I CHOOSE to change how I think about all this.

I CHOOSE to be happy in whatever way I can, so I am going to continue on with my Weight Loss journey and not let emotions or circumstances I can't control consume me.

I have kept off the weight from my short round, so that is good!! I am eating Low Carb for now trying to get ready for another short round. Working on my head right now.

Hope everyone out there is doing fine also!! Shari, Julie, everyone???
We are our own worst enemies! I always bash myself in my head. I create uncomfortable circumstances for myself too thinking that people are looking at me like I'm fat. It's a terrible head game.

Aaaaaannnd guess what? TOM just showed up 🤣 Oh well I'm gonna keep going
Gracie514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 10:52 AM   #560
Deb294evr
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You are sooooooo right!!! So Tom showed up.. kick him to the curb and proceed!........
Old 07-31-2017, 10:05 PM   #561
julieboolie

Hi girls! Hong me in the emotional eater club . Saw my endo today and am up 14 lbs from where I was a few months ago! After losing 20 I'm so bummed to be back up!! Such a stressful few months for me too!

I'm trying to reign in my calories and get back on some kind of plan. Not doing the strict medifast thing, but a modified version of it with meal replacement protein bars...shooting for 1500 cals/Day...but not killing myself. I just can't keep gaining, my jeans are tight!

T3 and t4 are both borderline and kind of low, so Dr bumped Rx up again. Asked her to hit it harder as the slow increases haven't done much. Hormones are whack too, tom every 2-3 weeks

Anyway, likely making some changes to our foster family. It's been really hard, and draining...but I think these will be good changes. So heart wrenching making decisions

Old 08-01-2017, 04:11 AM   #562
Deb294evr
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So sorry you are struggling Julie. I have been keeping up with your journal so I know what has been happening. This is beyond tough!! You have every right to be upset about all that is going on and it is tough to stick to any kind of plan with Chaos! All I can say is hang in there and do your best.. Thinking of your family!!

I had a successful day yesterday until sleepy time and habits came up again. I really really really have to work on this. Emotional eating just sucks!!
Old 08-01-2017, 04:35 AM   #563
shari
Major LCF Poster!

Wow, I was coming here to post today that I've been off the charts with emotional eating, not knowing that I'd come in and read we've all (unfortunately) been feeling the same way. I've recently had to make a very hard, life changing decision that will impact my family...I hope for the best, but change for me is hard when laced with uncertainty of if it's the right decision... not knowing until the future. During this time I've been eating out of control letting my emotions take over, I can't bear to even get on the scale. I'm going to start off getting back on low carb and work on transitioning into a 'better' plan for pound loss. I'm thinking of supplementing a meal for a shake replacement...maybe kale smoothie. Sorry I'm not able to do personals now as I have to get ready for work but know that you all in my thoughts. I agree, it's time to work on self.
Old 08-01-2017, 05:44 AM   #564
Deb294evr
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Wow, I was coming here to post today that I've been off the charts with emotional eating, not knowing that I'd come in and read we've all (unfortunately) been feeling the same way. I've recently had to make a very hard, life changing decision that will impact my family...I hope for the best, but change for me is hard when laced with uncertainty of if it's the right decision... not knowing until the future. During this time I've been eating out of control letting my emotions take over, I can't bear to even get on the scale. I'm going to start off getting back on low carb and work on transitioning into a 'better' plan for pound loss. I'm thinking of supplementing a meal for a shake replacement...maybe kale smoothie. Sorry I'm not able to do personals now as I have to get ready for work but know that you all in my thoughts. I agree, it's time to work on self.
Awe Shari! So sorry you are going through hard times also..

We all need each other's support and I am so glad you ladies are here.... we can do anything in numbers.. In real life, it helps us cope.. Hugs to all!!!
Old 08-01-2017, 02:12 PM   #565
julieboolie

Deb-good job taking it a day at a time! I did well yesterday too, and am working on keeping it clean today! Thanks for understanding! Heart wrenching and just so hard to make these permanent life decisions... but thankfully it'll be a good outcome once we get there! Hope you are having a good day and find a little time for yourself!

Shari- I'm so sorry for your stressful time! I hear you on making decisions that'll impact your family...so hard! Hang in there! And that emotional eating is so hard! Why can't I be the type that can't eat when stressed?

Good day yesterday. Stuck to plan and am down to 171.4 today. Whew. Now to keep whittling away and get back to the 160's. Once there it'll be hard work to get back to the 150's but I need to get there by the time it cools off here. My jeans don't fit!

Make today a good on plan day!!

Old 08-02-2017, 04:05 AM   #566
shari
Major LCF Poster!

thanks Julie and Deb

Julie~ I read your last post in your journal yesterday morning. I understand how upsetting and difficult that decision has to be for you and your family, however I was glad to read that she'll be placed in another loving home. I pray the transition for her new placement goes smoothly for both homes. It's understandable the reasons for this change, but it's not easy...I can only imagine. Through it all, congrats on working on you and the scale going down; you're soooo close to the 160's.

Deb~ I agree, I'm thankful too that we've got each other. This is the only place I can come, take a seat, and talk about weight loss without judgement. I CHOOSE to be happy in whatever way I can, so I am going to continue on with my Weight Loss journey and not let emotions or circumstances I can't control consume me. Love this quote by you!!

Gracie~ yup, good ole TOM trying to throw a wrench in your plan LOL. Keep on going, here cheering you on (and hoping I can mentally get there to join you )

I did okay yesterday, lowered carbs but didn't go as strict as I'd like (induction level). Still on track today. I'm going to do yoga this morning to help relieve stress and slowly get myself moving again. Happy Hump Day
Old 08-02-2017, 06:03 AM   #567
Deb294evr
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you Shari! Congrats on moving a step forward yesterday! I also had a successful day in that I was conscious of what I was eating and thinking about my hunger or lack thereof! One day at a time for all of us!!!

No time right now, but know I am thinking about all of you today! We can do this.. whatever it is that we are facing in our lives does not have to be EATEN......
Old 08-24-2017, 03:58 AM   #568
shari
Major LCF Poster!

Hey ladies, long time since we checked in with each other. How's everyone doing? I've been able to make changes and so far, it's working out...however not on the diet front. I ate to my emotions and now that things have calmed down a bit, am trying to reign it in. I haven't been on the scale in weeks, usually not good when I don't weigh but I need to soon.
Old 08-24-2017, 04:28 AM   #569
Deb294evr
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Hey ladies, long time since we checked in with each other. How's everyone doing? I've been able to make changes and so far, it's working out...however not on the diet front. I ate to my emotions and now that things have calmed down a bit, am trying to reign it in. I haven't been on the scale in weeks, usually not good when I don't weigh but I need to soon.
Good Morning Shari! Hi to everyone else out there! I am happy that you are doing better Shari, and the emotional eating is so rough! I am right there with you! I

My Mom fell again the night before last and could not get our attention as she was in her room with no phone and we just could not hear her. UGH!!!

Anyway, we found out she has been having seizures for years probably and did not know it. This explains so much!!! I had to actually call an ambulance to get her to the hospital because we could not move her off the floor. She was like a rag doll and dead weight. They took her to the ER and while we were there, we witnessed her having a seizure, so scary!! Luckily I just happened to be looking at her at the time and they were able to rush in.

So now she is in the hospital for observation and doing so much better since they put her on anti seizure meds! This has probably been the reason for all her falls and injuries but nobody knew it! So crazy.

I feel like I am going to be ready to move forward now with some kind of plan. I have loosely been following WW for a week just to keep some control, but not really losing anything, but it has stopped the gains. I will keep on trying to figure things out best for ME, but nonthing is out of the question right now!!

Hope everyone is well and we can all move forward!!! We CAN do this!!
Old 08-24-2017, 07:49 AM   #570
Izzysdream
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Izzysdream
Stats: age 60, prednisone since 11/16
WOE: trying to figure it out
Start Date: 4/2006 restart:
Quote:
Good Morning Shari! Hi to everyone else out there! I am happy that you are doing better Shari, and the emotional eating is so rough! I am right there with you! I

My Mom fell again the night before last and could not get our attention as she was in her room with no phone and we just could not hear her. UGH!!!

Anyway, we found out she has been having seizures for years probably and did not know it. This explains so much!!! I had to actually call an ambulance to get her to the hospital because we could not move her off the floor. She was like a rag doll and dead weight. They took her to the ER and while we were there, we witnessed her having a seizure, so scary!! Luckily I just happened to be looking at her at the time and they were able to rush in.

So now she is in the hospital for observation and doing so much better since they put her on anti seizure meds! This has probably been the reason for all her falls and injuries but nobody knew it! So crazy.

I feel like I am going to be ready to move forward now with some kind of plan. I have loosely been following WW for a week just to keep some control, but not really losing anything, but it has stopped the gains. I will keep on trying to figure things out best for ME, but nothing is out of the question right now!!

Hope everyone is well and we can all move forward!!! We CAN do this!!
Hi Deb & Shari! This is week two that I'm back to work after my 3 month medical leave. Saturday we found out my brother has stage 4 pancreatic cancer, he hopefully starts chemo today or tomorrow. We are having an early birthday for his grandson at my Dads on Sunday (he will be 4). My brother is 56 and was looking forward to retiring from the Steel Mill next year.
Deb, I'm glad your mom is doing better. Shari, I too feel ready to do something for my health especially after watching my brother wither away this past week. Prayers please.
Izzysdream is offline   Reply With Quote