Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 06-14-2017, 01:37 PM   #511
Izzysdream
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Izzysdream
Stats: age 60, prednisone since 11/16
WOE: trying to figure it out
Start Date: 4/2006 restart:
Hi ladies! I'm day 31 post op. Most strokes happen in the first 30 days, so I've reached a milestone. Sleep is still crappy. I quit taking the second beta blocker at night, hoping that helps. Seems I wake between 3 and 4 each morning and I'm wide awake for hours. Grateful I don't go back to work for 2 months so I can rest at least. Took my dad to look at an assisted living place, but it seems he will need a nursing home before long. He is going down hill fast. It is sooo hard to see. And this loss of control makes him so angry and hard to be around. Mind you he is a dry alcoholic anyway and he's pretty much never been pleasant to be around anyway.
Deb, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your mom. How is it going?
How is everyone else? Julie, I see you have an addition to the family. I'll have to visit your journal and check out the details.
I'm getting a cheap temporary membership to the Y. My neighbor and I are going to the arthritis water class....it's basically doing stretches in the water. I'll be going again tomorrow. I've been eyeing fitness ball stretches on youtube this morning. Going to pick one to do in the evenings before bed. About a week ago I downloaded a meditation app that has over 30 meditations. It automatically adds the time/sessions to a calendar. I'm on day 8 now.
Izzysdream is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2017, 04:54 AM   #512
shari
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/187/169-mini goal
WOE: low carb-Atkins '72
Start Date: restart- 8/9/16
Deb~glad to read that mom's back home with you all. I know you're busy adjusting to a full house again, hopefully you're able to find some time in there for yourself---rest and relax. Sometimes as caretakers, it's too easy to lose yourself and burn out quickly. Zero carb? Is it working well?

Julie~ I can only imagine how exciting, but busy you must be to adjust to a new normal too! Right now, you've got a full plate...the weight will come off when you have more time to focus in that area, for now, just keeping things together and trying to get a routine schedule going is enough. Love seeing pics on FB.

Izzy~ so glad to read you're out of the highest risk window!! Nice about the water class at the Y!! It's good exercise and hopefully will aid in your recover. I hope sleep gets better, nice that you're able to still have more time out of work to fully recover.

Nothing's new for me on my end. I'm still halfway doing LC (was doing good until yesterday had bday cake at party at work) . I look in the mirror and at times don't like what I see (I can see the weight gained), but not there yet 100% to do something drastic about it right now, today. I'm actually considering hhcg again, making this weekend a load weekend because I'm going to a graduation party where there will be plenty of food. It's not confirmed mentally though so I'll see where I'm at, just throwing ideas out there. I'm going on a cruise at the end of September so need to do something to have clothes to wear.
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 07:23 AM   #513
shari
Major LCF Poster!

Hey ladies, how's everyone doing? This thread has been so quiet. I re-started low carb as of Sunday. I figure it's the easiest to do right now...not expecting pound loss, but hoping for at least inch loss to help.
Old 07-04-2017, 09:13 AM   #514
Deb294evr
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Good Morning Shari! I agree, it is so quiet around here. I am guilty also, but dealing with lots of stuff. Mom is doing better and is doing things mostly on her own. I help her get her showers done, but she does all the work, just helping her get in and out.

I am finding that I have to cook dinner EVERY NIGHT!.. I never cooked dinner before, everyone just helped themselves to whatever they want since the kids have grown up. I feel like I have been sent back in time. Taking care of the family again, and I will be honest, this is HARD WORK.

Needless to say I have not been taking care of me. It is time for some me time!!!! I have sounds really been stressing and gaining a ton!!

Shari, glad to hear you have started on low carb. I am pretty sure I need something more drastic! zero carb was ok but too hard to stick to. I will just have to figure this out soon!

Have a wonderful 4th everyone. I hope you all post more, motivation needed!!!
Old 07-05-2017, 04:04 AM   #515
shari
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Deb! I happy to hear your mom is doing better! Wow, cooking dinner again and taking care of family is hard work, I can see how it leaves little time for yourself. I too need something more drastic as I've gained weight too, been stressing as well. Low carb is just to reset. What are you thinking/able to do now? I'm all ears as I need support too...
Old 07-05-2017, 04:42 AM   #516
Deb294evr
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Hey Deb! I happy to hear your mom is doing better! Wow, cooking dinner again and taking care of family is hard work, I can see how it leaves little time for yourself. I too need something more drastic as I've gained weight too, been stressing as well. Low carb is just to reset. What are you thinking/able to do now? I'm all ears as I need support too...
Well I am thinking of doing a round of HCG to get me going. I am reading and watching videos again in preparation. I know I know that it is easy to just give up, but IF I AM in the right mind, I know it works.

I just have to get to the right place and I am working on it now. Shari, whatever you do, I am here to support you!!! We all need help to get this done..... I just feel awful...
Old 07-05-2017, 06:52 AM   #517
shari
Major LCF Poster!

I was thinking you were thinking about a round Deb seriously, I'm in it if you are! I felt so much better when I'd lost right before Miami and I really could use a nice jump start too. When are you thinking about starting? I'm here to be your buddy when you're ready; I too can prepare mentally starting now because it does work.
Old 07-05-2017, 08:12 AM   #518
Deb294evr
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I was thinking you were thinking about a round Deb seriously, I'm in it if you are! I felt so much better when I'd lost right before Miami and I really could use a nice jump start too. When are you thinking about starting? I'm here to be your buddy when you're ready; I too can prepare mentally starting now because it does work.
I am seriously thinking of starting the load today, I have my supplies, and what the heck, I am ready to get smaller and feel better!!! If you are in, so am I! I have to do something!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-05-2017, 09:58 AM   #519
shari
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
I am seriously thinking of starting the load today, I have my supplies, and what the heck, I am ready to get smaller and feel better!!! If you are in, so am I! I have to do something!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Then I'm in too!! I don't have drops today so I'll have to load tomorrow with the drops so it's in my system by the time I start vlcd 1. I have to do something as well, I hate seeing clothes in my closet that I can no longer fit comfortably. Which plan are you doing? I did best when I stuck with protocol this last round...as much as I'd prefer high fat, I'll have to commit to low fat. I lost close to 14lbs in 10 days! I only have one commitment that may be tough, a paint and sip event next Saturday, but I'll wing it best as I can. I'm excited again, thanks Deb for the support.
Old 07-05-2017, 10:14 AM   #520
Deb294evr
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Then I'm in too!! I don't have drops today so I'll have to load tomorrow with the drops so it's in my system by the time I start vlcd 1. I have to do something as well, I hate seeing clothes in my closet that I can no longer fit comfortably. Which plan are you doing? I did best when I stuck with protocol this last round...as much as I'd prefer high fat, I'll have to commit to low fat. I lost close to 14lbs in 10 days! I only have one commitment that may be tough, a paint and sip event next Saturday, but I'll wing it best as I can. I'm excited again, thanks Deb for the support.
YES! I am going to go with my original first time plan. I had the most success on that one the first round I did.

It was original protocol with more protein. I will keep the other things, but I can't get too low on protein or my joints hurt so bad. I think I am going to be around 600 cals with one extra serving of chicken or fish. EXCITED!!!
Old 07-05-2017, 10:48 AM   #521
shari
Major LCF Poster!

Yup, me too! Okay, away we gooooo!!
Old 07-05-2017, 11:59 AM   #522
Deb294evr
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Yup, me too! Okay, away we gooooo!!
WHOOP WHOOP HERE WE GO!!!

Anyone else want to join us???
Old 07-05-2017, 02:06 PM   #523
Gracie514
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Gracie514
Wow! Great minds think alike I have been contemplating a round. I can't get my weight under control. We travel to camp every weekend and then I end up drinking beer and eating like there's no tomorrow. My weight has gotten out of control. Last I weighed I was 228 The only problem right now is TOM is due like right now. I have the RX Hcg and all supplies. I'm afraid to start with TOM looming. Decisions... My vacation is planned to start 7/21 so I would love to get down about 10-15 pounds before then. We have also been going to lots of graduation parties which isn't helping. Today I've just been eating low-carb so I could always just start. Grrrrr, stupid TOM

I think I've also been emotional eating for a while now. Ricky graduated and I've been having such crazy emotions. I cry like every day. He is living at the lake and working this summer so he's not home at all. I keep thinking of how much life has changed and will never be the same. He will go from the lake to college. His room is empty and it makes me so sad. I'm not prepared for this!!!
Gracie514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 02:52 PM   #524
shari
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
Wow! Great minds think alike I have been contemplating a round. I can't get my weight under control. We travel to camp every weekend and then I end up drinking beer and eating like there's no tomorrow. My weight has gotten out of control. Last I weighed I was 228 The only problem right now is TOM is due like right now. I have the RX Hcg and all supplies. I'm afraid to start with TOM looming. Decisions... My vacation is planned to start 7/21 so I would love to get down about 10-15 pounds before then. We have also been going to lots of graduation parties which isn't helping. Today I've just been eating low-carb so I could always just start. Grrrrr, stupid TOM

I think I've also been emotional eating for a while now. Ricky graduated and I've been having such crazy emotions. I cry like every day. He is living at the lake and working this summer so he's not home at all. I keep thinking of how much life has changed and will never be the same. He will go from the lake to college. His room is empty and it makes me so sad. I'm not prepared for this!!!

Wow, I can only imagine Gracie. My oldest is now working most of the time and starting to drive (permit) and it's pulling my heart that he will be leaving home in about 2 years. You're going through exactly what I fear will happen to me, it just happens so darn fast. One minute, you're running around wondering when will the madness end (especially little toddler boys), the next you're wanting time to slow down. I feel for you and hope this transition gets easier.
You know, I started my last round and TOM happened within a couple days of me starting (I hadn't checked P Tracker to know) and surprisingly I still loss and did well. PMS is no joke though so understand if you want to wait. We're here for whatever you decide. So glad you all are back!!
Old 07-05-2017, 03:31 PM   #525
Deb294evr
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yay Gracie, I hope you join us!!

I totally understand the feeling of empty nest with your boys. My boys have been out of the house for 10 or more years now and it was a really hard transition. I know it is necessary and they need to move on with their lives but waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa I miss them!!!! You will both get through it, and you never know, they may move back in someday..

Ok, the boys never moved back but they did come to stay in the summers that was nice.. Now for my GIRLS.. they just keep on coming back.........
Old 07-06-2017, 05:45 AM   #526
Deb294evr
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Pretty much ate normally yesterday and decided I will probably start loading on the weekend when I have yummy goodness happening. I want to start right NOW, but I don't want to run into issues this weekend. Might as well do it right!!
Old 07-06-2017, 10:08 AM   #527
shari
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Deb, I got on the scale and made a decision to start today. I was going to wait too but that number (200.8 ) pushed me into desperation. I can not stand to see it get any higher
Old 07-06-2017, 10:52 AM   #528
Deb294evr
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Hey Deb, I got on the scale and made a decision to start today. I was going to wait too but that number (200.8 ) pushed me into desperation. I can not stand to see it get any higher
Oh Shari, you ARE NOT ALONE!! I am back in the 2's (210ish today) also..... so you me and Gracie have some good motivation!..

It just amazes me how fast it comes on.. I guess you could say I have been loading for a while now!!.. Now I will start adding the juice tomorrow (Friday) load for 2 days and start on Sunday with VLCD1.

You will already be ahead of the game!!!
Old 07-06-2017, 11:33 AM   #529
shari
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
Oh Shari, you ARE NOT ALONE!! I am back in the 2's (210ish today) also..... so you me and Gracie have some good motivation!..

It just amazes me how fast it comes on.. I guess you could say I have been loading for a while now!!.. Now I will start adding the juice tomorrow (Friday) load for 2 days and start on Sunday with VLCD1.

You will already be ahead of the game!!!
It does come on quickly...I will really have to make an effort to maintain when this round is done. Just to think, I used to get desperate whenever I reached the 180's...now my limit has been pushed 20lbs heavier because I've been here so long. I agree, we all have good motivation again.
Old 07-07-2017, 04:57 AM   #530
shari
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Friday! VLCD 2 down 2.8lbs, averaged around 500 cals yesterday. Gracie, are you joining?
Old 07-07-2017, 05:07 AM   #531
GreytMuse
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GreytMuse
Stats: 196/ 190/goal of145 (5'5" -53 yo!)
WOE: Atkins Induction (low carb+low calorie)
Start Date: July 2017, once more!
ready to put my head down and get to it---again!

196--193-->-------------->145

an old but good post:Why the Scales Can Lie! --> a MUST read originally posted by c lackley! http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ma...l#post15713818
[url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wEkAeyl/]
https://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ez...eyl/weight.png
GreytMuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 05:55 AM   #532
Deb294evr
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Happy Friday! VLCD 2 down 2.8lbs, averaged around 500 cals yesterday. Gracie, are you joining?
YAY! let's go Shari!! I am starting today! Excited for something to happen by Sunday..

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreytMuse View Post
Welcome!!! That is right, put your head down and GO!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-07-2017, 07:11 AM   #533
shari
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreytMuse View Post
! Yes, we're all pushing the reset button again. Jump right in and join us!

Deb~ I welcome the company Ready to get rid of this weight, ugh.

Izzy~ wondering how you're going; was hoping you'd pop in again. Miss you
Old 07-07-2017, 09:05 AM   #534
julieboolie
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/169/158-163lbs
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Hi girls! If it makes yu feel any better I'm way up too! So much stress lately, ,little sleep and eating out too much...feeling crappy and everything it tight again .

I'm going away for a few much needed days with just dd(17) this coming week...I'll try to LC when I'm away then I'll go back to some type of fasting once I'm home. I'm shooting for 500 cals or less today to try and lose a little fo this muffin top, but know it's a bit hopeless.

I wish I had hcg supplies in house, I'm up for that right now! But I don't and with travel coming it's a waste of time if I did anyway. I'll juddd and LC a bit before we go and try to minimize the indulging. But after that I should be in a better mindset to buckle back down.

Come visit me in my journal:
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/sh...d.php?t=888635
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 02:05 PM   #535
shari
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Julie! I know you're very busy right now, focusing on yourself is difficult with two little ones. I hope you have a nice time away, able to relax, and enjoy some me time.

Down 2.4lbs today, I'll be so glad to get out of the 190's.
Old 07-09-2017, 07:41 AM   #536
shari
Major LCF Poster!

weight stayed the same today, no loss no gain which I'm glad because I ate high fat yesterday...low carb. Going rogue so soon?! I'm telling myself that it's not a race, I'll try to eat strict protocol during the work week (which for me is now Tues-Fri), may have to do low carb eating during weekends due to going out for summer activities. I don't want to be a hermit and stay home right now (which I've done in the past when doing strict protocol to not cheat), it's hitting closer to home that time is not waiting for anyone---loving life, family and friends is my priority! Weight loss is the icing
Old 07-09-2017, 07:46 AM   #537
julieboolie
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/169/158-163lbs
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Quote:
weight stayed the same today, no loss no gain which I'm glad because I ate high fat yesterday...low carb. Going rogue so soon?! I'm telling myself that it's not a race, I'll try to eat strict protocol during the work week (which for me is now Tues-Fri), may have to do low carb eating during weekends due to going out for summer activities. I don't want to be a hermit and stay home right now (which I've done in the past when doing strict protocol to not cheat), it's hitting closer to home that time is not waiting for anyone---loving life, family and friends is my priority! Weight loss is the icing
Thanks Shari! There are definitely seasons where we can focus on our weight more than others! Love your perspective! Living in the moment while it's here is so important! you're doing great and have a good approach

I'm also going through something hormonal maybe peri menopause? I've been getting tom every 2-3 weeks and am not loving that either. Combined with little sleep over a long period of time and not seeing a gym for 9!months it's not a good place to be. Eventually my body won't play along any more. I am definitely signing up for a gym once I'm home. I miss that feeling-strong, tight muscles. I also miss that me time in the weight room. I'm making that a priority when I get home. I won't be a good mom to anyone if I'm run down, weak and hurting all the time .

Have a great weekend!

Come visit me in my journal:
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/sh...d.php?t=888635
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 08:01 AM   #538
Deb294evr
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Julie, I can so relate to the changes in your life right now. It is definitely a challenge to have your world turned upside down!! The best of everything to you as you go through this and I am praying for your family!!!

My Mom is going through so much herself and we try to help her as best we can. It is very challenging for all of us as she still can't walk well and has hit a rough patch of depression and not sleeping. This is rough for everyone!!

My Grandson is a joy but having 4 generations in the house at one time is not easy.. Sometimes I just want to get away~~...

Shari, I can also relate to you and your busy weekends. I knew it would not be good for me to start this on a weekend day or close to it, so tomorrow morning I am ready to go!!!

I will also have to compromise on my eating over the weekends because I am here all day and have to cook meals for everyone. It is SO tempting to just eat what they eat. That is something I am just going to have to deal with. I am doing this for ME, so I don't end up like my Mom in 20 years......
Old 07-10-2017, 07:27 AM   #539
shari
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
. I am definitely signing up for a gym once I'm home. I miss that feeling-strong, tight muscles. I also miss that me time in the weight room. I'm making that a priority when I get home. I won't be a good mom to anyone if I'm run down, weak and hurting all the time .

Have a great weekend!
So true, Julie! Exercising helps in both ways, helps us feel better and allow some 'me' time. I hope you're able to get started soon.

Deb~ you have so much going on. I hope your mom feels better...it's hard for them to lose that feeling of total independence. I can only imagine how busy it is at your house, you hardly have time for yourself! And cooking dinner again every night? I know it'll be difficult to eat protocol food doing this. With so much going on, do the best you can.
Old 07-10-2017, 07:54 AM   #540
Deb294evr
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
So true, Julie! Exercising helps in both ways, helps us feel better and allow some 'me' time. I hope you're able to get started soon.

Deb~ you have so much going on. I hope your mom feels better...it's hard for them to lose that feeling of total independence. I can only imagine how busy it is at your house, you hardly have time for yourself! And cooking dinner again every night? I know it'll be difficult to eat protocol food doing this. With so much going on, do the best you can.
Thank you Shari!! Wow, this is so much more difficult than I envisioned, but what can you do? Go with the flow.

I am hoping once she gets this current UTI taken care of, and her Sodium levels up, she will feel better. Lord am I praying!! Because one whiney child in the house is enough....

How did the rest of your weekend go? I am starting day 1 today, and going to do the best I can, but perfection will not be in my vocabulary!..