Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 11-19-2016, 10:18 AM   #301
julieboolie
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/169/158-163lbs
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Wow Deb! That is amazing!! so happy for You!!! So glad you got a nice reward for sticking to your plan!! Love it! Hope things continue to go so well!! Yay!!

I'm doing well, counting my blessings, thankful for my sweet baby Z who continues to delight us all...getting more sleep is helping. I'm also more used to less sleep so I'm not a walking zombie anymore. I'd love to get back to the gym, but it's low on the priority list-dishes, groceries, paying attention to the rest of my family...they usually eclipse the gym . But I'm afraid I'll lose my muscle and slow my metabolism with the low calories I've been eating...but hope it'll sort itself out in the end. For now I'm just thrilled with being back in the 160's!! Wearing my clothes again is great and quite a relief as it's finally cooking off and I have lots of cardigans, boots and skinny jeans that need wearing!

Happy weekend ladies! Stick to plan and keep your eye on the goal!!! We got this!

Come visit me in my journal:
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/sh...d.php?t=888635
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2016, 07:36 AM   #302
shari
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/187/169-mini goal
WOE: low carb-Atkins '72
Start Date: restart- 8/9/16
Wow Deb, that's wonderful, congratulations!! Glad to see that you're feeling better as well, so happy for you!

Julie~ glad to see that baby Z is sleeping longer, I bet you do feel better now. With the addition of thyroid med changes the combination is really working for you. Congrats on getting back into the 160's!!

Izzy~ how are you feeling? I hope you're still feeling better.

I weighed today and am down 3lbs. In the past I would've been disappointed but since having to fight for every pound and not gain I'm very happy. I agree with Deb that I feel better and really low carb is the only thing that works best for me right now so not making changes just pushing forward.
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 08:17 AM   #303
julieboolie

Shari-that is phenomenal!! Yay!! Every lb counts! You're doing great and I am happy it's working!! Even slow loss is a big success in my Book!!

I'm doing fine...not sure about the scale. I don't weigh some days depending on who wakes up first . Feeling better with more sleep and want to find a way to get back to the gym this week. Dh is off so I should be able to manage it.

Not much else going on. Hope you're doing well, sticking to plan and staying on track!

Old 11-20-2016, 10:37 AM   #304
Deb294evr
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Good Morning all!! Fantastic Shari!!! This is wonderful The fact that you have to fight for every pound like Julie means you had a very successful week! I know yesterday was going to be busy for you so I hope you got through it ok. Sounds like you did!

Julie, I sure do feel for you with the lack of sleep issue. Although my grandson does not sleep with us in most cases, when my DD has to work overnights he is with us. NO SLEEP AT ALL.... You are doing such a wonderful thing for baby Z. I know it is worth it, but after so many years without a newborn, it is a big adjustment. If you are able to lose anything that is icing on the cake!! Low carb of course!

Izzy, hope you are ok!! I haven't heard from Pati at all, hope you are doing good. Heather, how are you? Anyone who is reading, please feel free to join in!!! We need more company..
Old 11-21-2016, 11:51 AM   #305
Izzysdream
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Izzysdream
Stats: age 60, prednisone since 11/16
WOE: trying to figure it out
Start Date: 4/2006 restart:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
Amazingly I am down 7 pounds this week!! WHAT?? I had given up hope of losing very quickly so this is a great surprise!! It was well worth staying off sugar this week!!

I also know that it won't continue like this, but happy to get some of the water off my body and already my ankles feel better, I am not bloated, sleeping well, not hungry, no cravings out of the ordinary. etc etc etc........ yes!!! PLUS this is the longest time I have actually stuck to anything in a very long time. 100%
Woohoo! You go girl!
Izzysdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 11:52 AM   #306
Izzysdream
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
I weighed today and am down 3lbs. In the past I would've been disappointed but since having to fight for every pound and not gain I'm very happy. I agree with Deb that I feel better and really low carb is the only thing that works best for me right now so not making changes just pushing forward.
Congratulations Shari!!!
Old 11-21-2016, 12:02 PM   #307
Izzysdream
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
For now I'm just thrilled with being back in the 160's!! Wearing my clothes again is great and quite a relief as it's finally cooking off and I have lots of cardigans, boots and skinny jeans that need wearing!

Happy weekend ladies! Stick to plan and keep your eye on the goal!!! We got this!
That's a great feeling fitting back into clothes! I have bins stored at a friends garage that I just need to donate, no way will I get that small again, my face would be sccccccary! LOL. I'd love to be back in a size 14!
Old 11-21-2016, 12:04 PM   #308
Izzysdream
Senior LCF Member

Hi everyone! I'm still relatively pain free on the prednisone, but have been eating everything non stop for days. I don't want to even look at the scale. I'm blaming it on the prednisone, but my eating disorder has kicked in big time again. Need to stop the insanity! NOW. On a good note, I am more physically active now and feel good about that.
Old 11-22-2016, 08:15 AM   #309
julieboolie

I you-I'm sure the prednisone is causing the appetite! It's so hard! I'm so glad you're feeling better!!! Maybe some exercise will offset it a bit? Very challenging! Hope your Dr can help you balance it out, but feeling better is more important right now!

Deb-hope your week is going well!! I know you must be so excited to have all the kids home and your grandson too! What a sweet time! Enjoy yourself!! These are the "good old days" that one day we'll look back on and wish to be reliving. I'm trying to savor them!!

Hi Shari! Hope you're doing well Too!!

I'm up a few lbs back to 170 this morning . I'm bummed but it's the way it goes. I've got a few months til I see my Dr again and I'll be asking for a higher dose of the med so that I can feel good all day, not just till it wears off mid afternoon. Z is still sleeping better, only up once a night, and that has really helped me feel better too!

The whole family plus a few extras are coming for dinner Thursday. I'm trying to clean and precook as much as I can, without having to re clean everything Thursday. My group gets messy quickly! I'd love a house cleaner! Gonna try to convince dh to help .

Have a great week all!

Old 11-24-2016, 08:19 AM   #310
Deb294evr
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Real quick check in.. the darn cold really knocked me out this week. Have been home sick and just trying to feel human again. Starting to turn the corner, but no Thanksgiving for me today. Family went out to the Husband's home for Dinner today and I am just going to hunker down in bed, hoping for less coughing and more sleeping.

On the eating front I have not been hungry at all, so temptations. I will get better soon, so I will just wish HAPPY THANKSGIVING to you all!!!!
Old 11-28-2016, 01:01 PM   #311
Izzysdream
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Real quick check in.. the darn cold really knocked me out this week. Have been home sick and just trying to feel human again. Starting to turn the corner, but no Thanksgiving for me today. Family went out to the Husband's home for Dinner today and I am just going to hunker down in bed, hoping for less coughing and more sleeping.

On the eating front I have not been hungry at all, so temptations. I will get better soon, so I will just wish HAPPY THANKSGIVING to you all!!!!
Hope you feel better Deb!
Old 11-28-2016, 03:33 PM   #312
julieboolie

Haooy late thanksgiving one and all! I'm doing well, keeping things going. No workouts but not eating much either so it's a wash . New gym delayed till after Jan 1, so some Deb bells at home are my best bet. Which is fine, I'm pretty tired and getting to the gym would be a big challenge!! Busy getting everything ready for Christmas with a newborn...always adds another level to it! She's a doll, but definitely requires attention! all good, but a tired, busy mom isn't the best side of me. I try to stay calm and collected, but hear myself reaching my limits sooner with the older girls. But I also recognize they're taking advantage of me being distracted so I'm calling it even .

Dh is sick, dd(13) is sick, dd(16) is mostly better... so far baby Z and I are the only ones not sick! I sure hope it stays that way!

Weight holding steady around 168-169. Id love to lose but am not holding my breath!

Old 11-29-2016, 07:19 AM   #313
Izzysdream
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Dh is sick, dd(13) is sick, dd(16) is mostly better... so far baby Z and I are the only ones not sick! I sure hope it stays that way!

Weight holding steady around 168-169. Id love to lose but am not holding my breath!
My fingers are crossed that you and Z don't get it! I know it's super bad around here.
Old 11-30-2016, 07:24 AM   #314
julieboolie

So far just a slightly sore throat...hoping that's all it becomes.

Not weighing yet, but feeling ok. Picture posted on FB of me didn't look bad on Monday so that was encouraging. Still up 10 lbs from where I want to be and where I was, but not the end of the world. Busy getting stuff together...I'll check in more later.

Old 12-01-2016, 04:58 AM   #315
Deb294evr
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you Izzy. Finally feeling pretty normal! Just in time to go to Arkansas for our Sister Reunion. Always a fun time!!

Julie, congrats on getting your weight back down!! I have been on plan all week since I have gotten better and am down over 10 pounds. This was very necessary for me.. the water weight was making me feel awful.

Yesterday my friend had her surgery and came through wonderfully! Plus they did not find any cancer in her lymph nodes!!

Have to run for work, but Shari, hope all is well with you!!
Old 12-01-2016, 05:15 AM   #316
shari
Major LCF Poster!

Great news Deb!!! Still praying for her. Congrats to you on losing over 10lbs!! Good news all around

Julie~ you look great on FB, so although you're not where you want to be, you're managing so many changes right now AND not gaining weight anymore. You're doing very well in my book! Z is such a doll I hope you both are spared, hopefully the family will not get worse and will have a speedy recovery!

Izzy~ I'm really glad you're feeling better, but it sucks about the side effect of the steroid that's needed for this to happen. It's not easy, but I hope you're able to find the balance between the two.

I'm doing well overall. Jumped back on low carb Monday and goal is to at least maintain through the holidays.
Old 12-02-2016, 09:11 AM   #317
julieboolie

Shari-that's my adjusted goal too! Stay where I am more or less through the holidays.
Thanks! I was pleasantly surprised by that photo...I still feel huge, but didn't look awful . I haven't been in a real photo in a while, so I guess it could be much worse! Good job being back to LC!! Hope things quiet down for you! Are you working extra through Christmas?

Deb wow! Ten lbs is awesome!!! Woohoo! Wtg!! So glad you're feeling better too!! Kutgw! And sooo haooy to hear about your friend too! That's a wonderful gift!

I'm doing fine, still fighting this cold, which is only a slightly sore throat and light tickle cough...dh and dd are feeling better finally! Getting Christmas going and keeping up with life has been busy but all is well.

I'm trying to eat a bit more than I was knowing that starving isn't a successful approach to weight loss or life! And of course it's causing me to regain a few lbs, but I do feel a bit better. Shooting for a juddd like approach through the holidays.

Hope youre all doing well!

Old 12-09-2016, 09:24 AM   #318
julieboolie

Just checking in...I know you're all busy and this time of year is hard! I'm focusing on maintenance through January at this point. Staying somewhere in the 160's while enjoying my life a bit .

Hope you're all fighting the good fight still!!

Old 12-14-2016, 07:20 AM   #319
julieboolie

Quote:
Just checking in...I know you're all busy and this time of year is hard! I'm focusing on maintenance through January at this point. Staying somewhere in the 160's while enjoying my life a bit .

Hope you're all fighting the good fight still!!
Still this...

Lonely, I'm so lonely, I've got nobody to call my own...
Anyone? Where'd you all go? I know it's busy, but if we can at least maintain through all the festivities we'll be ahead of the game in 2017!!

Old 12-14-2016, 07:55 AM   #320
Deb294evr
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

HI JULIE!! Hi everyone.. sorry been missing. I am doing the job of 3 right now with my friend out with her Cancer treatments and another CoWorker out on a CRUISE! HEY!.. not fair. So I am busy. I am also just maintaining right now, but getting ready for the push!! in 2017. Yep, the PUSH is on.

Hope all of you are well!! I hope to have more time soon!
Old 12-14-2016, 07:55 AM   #321
Izzysdream
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Still this...

Lonely, I'm so lonely, I've got nobody to call my own...
Anyone? Where'd you all go? I know it's busy, but if we can at least maintain through all the festivities we'll be ahead of the game in 2017!!
Hi Julie! I'm still around here. 10 mg of prednisone. Sugar/gluten free day nine but eating carbs and maintaining 193-4. LOL Blood pressure has been normal for a few days which is great!

Last edited by Izzysdream; 12-14-2016 at 08:01 AM..
Old 12-14-2016, 07:57 AM   #322
Izzysdream
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
HI JULIE!! Hi everyone.. sorry been missing. I am doing the job of 3 right now with my friend out with her Cancer treatments and another CoWorker out on a CRUISE! HEY!.. not fair. So I am busy. I am also just maintaining right now, but getting ready for the push!! in 2017. Yep, the PUSH is on.

Hope all of you are well!! I hope to have more time soon!
Deb!
Old 12-14-2016, 06:48 PM   #323
Deb294evr
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzysdream View Post
Deb!
Hi Izzy!!
Old 12-15-2016, 08:04 AM   #324
Izzysdream
Senior LCF Member

Yikes, I weighed 194.5 this morn! Was it 3 years ago I did hcg and maintained a weighed of 141ish eating 2400 calories a day? I was eating two apples at the time also. Now I'm gaining on 1800-1900. No sugar/gluten but my eating isn't as clean. Darn. I accidentaly took 10 5mg prednisone tabs on Sunday (thought I was taking my 1 mg tabs, because I thought I accidentally threw out my 5 mgs) when I checked my purse I realized I had taken the 5 mg! No one I had absolutely no pain and felt good! Now my thighs are achy each time I move them and feel it in my upper arms also. But I can take that over excruciating any day!

Last edited by Izzysdream; 12-15-2016 at 08:06 AM..
Old 12-16-2016, 04:20 AM   #325
shari
Major LCF Poster!

Deb, I'm with you---2017 is the PUSH for me too! I like the sound of that I know you're very busy, maintaining right now is good enough.

Julie, so sorry to be neglectful of this thread. I've been mostly just heading to my journal, but it doesn't take much to come here too. I'll do better. I totally agree that just maintaining around our current weight is good for this time of year. You're doing so well maintaining in the 160's with the transitions at your home. Oh, I meant to say congrats to your niece too and what a beautiful Christmas picture you and your family took.

Izzy~ I'm so glad to keep reading that your pain levels have greatly reduced! And is looks like you're able to bring some of the weight gained from the steroid use down too! It's a challenge to take this and manage your weight. Oh yes, I can certainly relate to the weight lost from hhcg use. I was all the way down to 157-158 in 2010, then maintained somewhere in the 160's for the most part of 2 years. Since 2013, it's been a rollercoaster. Sometimes I wish I could just do another round to get lower because in actuality I did keep the majority of weight off for two years...it was poor eating that sent me over that.
Old 12-16-2016, 08:01 AM   #326
Izzysdream
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Izzy~ I'm so glad to keep reading that your pain levels have greatly reduced! And is looks like you're able to bring some of the weight gained from the steroid use down too! It's a challenge to take this and manage your weight. Oh yes, I can certainly relate to the weight lost from hhcg use. I was all the way down to 157-158 in 2010, then maintained somewhere in the 160's for the most part of 2 years. Since 2013, it's been a rollercoaster. Sometimes I wish I could just do another round to get lower because in actuality I did keep the majority of weight off for two years...it was poor eating that sent me over that.
I was thinking about doing it also, but I was sooooo hungry while doing hcg, I guess I never got my injection dose right. I need to just go for it and cut the carbs, that's all I want to eat on steroids. Wah! LOL
Old 01-04-2017, 01:38 PM   #327
julieboolie

So, a new year and new reset for me!!!

I'm back on the wagon. Ready for some weight loss. Hoping my thyroid is doing well enough to let some weight go!! Shooting for the high 150's again. Was 175 yesterday! I thoroughly enjoyed the holidays, but am ready to get back on track .

I know you guys are hcging and doing great! Hope we're all doing great !!

Old 01-05-2017, 09:37 AM   #328
Gracie514
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Gracie514
Happy New Year ladies!!! Long time no see

Hope everyone is doing well. I see some of you on Facebook occasionally. I just got back from Florida this week. It was so much fun! But after the holidays and then 11 days at the beach I am WAY up on the scale. I haven't seen this number in a long time. My scale is all wonky too so I might go grab a new one today. It will give me 10 different readings if I step on it 10 times in a row. My clothes are tight though too so I know it's real fat and not just water. I was thinking of doing a 21 day hcg round but I have something almost every weekend until the end of February. I know I won't be able to stick to vlcd's. So I decided on JUDDD. Today is my first DD and I've only had coffee with half n half and splenda. I need to grocery shop too because my shelves and fridge are empty. I cleared everything out before vacation. I'm aiming for around 500 calories today. It's not gonna be easy since my body is used to eating whatever I wanted for the last month!!!!

So I might as well just own it right? My first scale reading this morning said 225.8 #'s. BLECH. Oh well, it's only a starting point!!!! My goal for January is to get down to 210.0. I plan on walking for 20-30 minutes on my treadmill for 3-4 days each week too. I walked for 40 minutes at the beach almost every day so I'm getting used to it.

Happy to see familiar faces and some new ones!!! Are y'all planning on keeping this thread or did you also start a new 2017 one?
Gracie514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 11:28 AM   #329
shari
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
So, a new year and new reset for me!!!

I'm back on the wagon. Ready for some weight loss. Hoping my thyroid is doing well enough to let some weight go!! Shooting for the high 150's again. Was 175 yesterday! I thoroughly enjoyed the holidays, but am ready to get back on track .

I know you guys are hcging and doing great! Hope we're all doing great !!
Yes, let's commit to staying on plan and losing some weight. You'll be back to a comfortable range soon; I too hope our thyroid issues will let some weight go. I posted in my journal that I am no longer doing hhcg because G decided to do low carb to break his sugar addiction. I'm still on the fence about totally stopping, but I want to support him as well. I do wonder now that I'm typing if he should try CN too because it has been harder for him to follow low carb long term...something for me to look into for him as another option because I know you did well on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
Happy New Year ladies!!! Long time no see

Hope everyone is doing well. I see some of you on Facebook occasionally. I just got back from Florida this week. It was so much fun! But after the holidays and then 11 days at the beach I am WAY up on the scale. I haven't seen this number in a long time. My scale is all wonky too so I might go grab a new one today. It will give me 10 different readings if I step on it 10 times in a row. My clothes are tight though too so I know it's real fat and not just water. I was thinking of doing a 21 day hcg round but I have something almost every weekend until the end of February. I know I won't be able to stick to vlcd's. So I decided on JUDDD. Today is my first DD and I've only had coffee with half n half and splenda. I need to grocery shop too because my shelves and fridge are empty. I cleared everything out before vacation. I'm aiming for around 500 calories today. It's not gonna be easy since my body is used to eating whatever I wanted for the last month!!!!

So I might as well just own it right? My first scale reading this morning said 225.8 #'s. BLECH. Oh well, it's only a starting point!!!! My goal for January is to get down to 210.0. I plan on walking for 20-30 minutes on my treadmill for 3-4 days each week too. I walked for 40 minutes at the beach almost every day so I'm getting used to it.

Happy to see familiar faces and some new ones!!! Are y'all planning on keeping this thread or did you also start a new 2017 one?
Gracie!! So glad to see you posting again. I've seen on fb that you're doing well so wasn't too concerned and nice that you enjoyed your FL vacay! The holidays are always good for adding excess weight so I'm right there with you, trying to work on losing again. No shame in the number, it'll only go down from there. I've resurrected my journal again and have been posting there as a means to be more accountable daily....
Old 01-05-2017, 12:50 PM   #330
Deb294evr
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yay Gracie!! Good to see you back! I am 100% on board with anything anyone wants to do that works for you!! After all these years we know how our bodies handle the different plans, so we MUST do it for ourselves.

I am going strong on day 5, amazed I have almost made it a week........

I did not weigh yesterday or today because I am fighting a cold and having to do meds and cough drops. They always mess with my weight and I don't want to be discouraged.

Good luck to all of us! Julie good luck getting back on the wagon too!!! Z is so cute!!!!