Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 01-06-2016, 07:13 AM   #61
ascole
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ascole
I agree- I like the original recipe the best!
I have Type I Diabetes and this is not having a negative effect on my blood sugar readings! Amazing!
Thanks Again!
ascole is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2016, 07:32 AM   #62
JHoberer
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JHoberer
Stats: 283/177.0/170, 5'10.5", 38
WOE: 1/08: Atkins, 8/11: HCG, 7/12: JUDDD, 10/12: HCG
Today's breakfast:

Add 1/2 t cinnamon (could probably increase to 3/4 t) to original recipe.

Spread each piece of toast with a pat of softened butter and sprinkle with 1/3 pkt Truvia. Cinnamon toast!!

These are excellent for stopping hunger in is tracks when it really isn't time to eat.

Tomorrow's breakfast will be cinnamon toast with a drizzle of leftover lc cream cheese frosting for more of a danish sort of breakfast.

Jen

Last edited by JHoberer; 01-06-2016 at 07:34 AM..
JHoberer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 08:33 AM   #63
ouizoid
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: OMAD
Try it as French toast!! So so good. I'm in a try toasting a bunch of crumbs of it and then making breadcrumbs
ouizoid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 01:54 PM   #64
Deb34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Deb34
Stats: 235.3/???/199
WOE: Fung Fasting/Carb Addicts Diet-original
Start Date: started again Apr 2017
So if I finally made a big batch of the mix but I was not paying attention and I accidentally added 2 extra tsp of baking powder to the big batch. I tried it anyway and my little measuring cup loaf puffed up nicely and seems to be very fluffy feeling. The whole loaf is almost as light as air. After it cools I'll slice it to see how dense the slices are. Tomorrow will be the first tuna sandwich I've eaten in probably 6 months...

So its sliced in 6, and each slice is fluffy and light. The slice at the bottom of the measuring cup feels the driest, so it will become toast tomorrow. It really does look like the texture of white bread. It's a little yellow because I used a whole large egg and a splash of whipping cream. Next time I'll use the egg whites and cream to get closer to the white bread colour.

"Fasting: the Anti-Diet" - Jason Fung

Last edited by Deb34; 01-06-2016 at 02:04 PM..
Deb34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 07:57 AM   #65
JHoberer
Major LCF Poster!

Five Minute Eggs Over Toast

Spray Nordicware microwave omelet pan with Pam.

Right side: 2 whole eggs + 1 egg yolk
Left Side: 2 T big batch Ouizoid's English Muffin bun thingie mix + 1 egg white + 1/2 T cream

Stir both sides well (don't leave yolks whole). Microwave 1 minute. Bread will be wet in the middle still.

Cut eggs up and stir. Microwave 30 seconds more.

Remove bread, cut in half, put in toaster. Top eggs with cheese.
Microwave 20 seconds.

Butter toast, slide eggs on top.

Jen

Last edited by JHoberer; 01-07-2016 at 08:00 AM..
Old 01-07-2016, 01:57 PM   #66
ouizoid
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Jen!!! Absolutely amazing pictures!!!!
Old 01-07-2016, 02:02 PM   #67
Deb34
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb34 View Post
So if I finally made a big batch of the mix but I was not paying attention and I accidentally added 2 extra tsp of baking powder to the big batch. I tried it anyway and my little measuring cup loaf puffed up nicely and seems to be very fluffy feeling. The whole loaf is almost as light as air. After it cools I'll slice it to see how dense the slices are. Tomorrow will be the first tuna sandwich I've eaten in probably 6 months...

So its sliced in 6, and each slice is fluffy and light. The slice at the bottom of the measuring cup feels the driest, so it will become toast tomorrow. It really does look like the texture of white bread. It's a little yellow because I used a whole large egg and a splash of whipping cream. Next time I'll use the egg whites and cream to get closer to the white bread colour.
the toast this morning was delicious with butter and peanut butter. I was a bit worried about the fibre amount so will be eating two slices per day instead of 4 so the tuna sandwich will be tomorrow. Funny how much I'm looking forward to a good ole tuna sandwich

I'm very grateful for this recipe...finally I can have quick easy bread again! Thank you very much for developing this Ouizoid!!

Old 01-07-2016, 02:19 PM   #68
Tweaker Geek
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tweaker Geek
Does anyone eat this every day and still lose weight? 2, 3 or 4 slices? I would love to be able to have 1 slice of toast for breakfast and a sandwich or burger for lunch most days.

I am really loving this bread Ouiz, it is perfect for low carbers

2015--Recipe for Success: Plan! Certainty of Success: Follow Plan!
Note to self: Ya gotta stick with the plan!!
Tweaker Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 03:54 PM   #69
ouizoid
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

TG I've lost 8 pounds in the last month eating this. It is so low in carbs and calories, you can't go wrong!
Old 01-07-2016, 06:37 PM   #70
Tweaker Geek
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tweaker Geek
Great news, thanks Ouiz!

2015--Recipe for Success: Plan! Certainty of Success: Follow Plan!
Note to self: Ya gotta stick with the plan!!
Tweaker Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 09:32 PM   #71
Luv2loose
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Luv2loose
Stats: 199/174/154, 150
WOE: low carb/Atkins
Start Date: Aug 2015 (second time)
I finally got these made! I used the 2 cup measuring cup idea, worked great! I cut it into 4 slices. THEN, I toasted 2 slices and made my own "egg McMuffin." YUMMY. I'm gonna try the cinnamon toast idea next. I am really enjoying this new life of eating all these great recipes and still losing!!
Thanks to everyone for sharing.
Luv2loose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 06:39 AM   #72
Deb34
Senior LCF Member

http://www.corningware.com/french-wh...d/1035985.html

I rummaged around in my cabinets last night and found this soup mug which I think will be even better than the measuring cup. It seems to be the same size at the bottom as at the top and its perfectly microwave safe. I think I can do a double recipe and maybe get a larger loaf?

I do have a question about the parmesan cheese tho. I used grated parmesan which I get in bulk from the grocery store; they grate it and package it themselves. Is this too 'fresh'? my bread has a very strong parmesan smell to it today. is the canned stuff less odiferous? I cant see that I would want to make cinnamon toast with it being this strong. I've never used the canned parm so maybe its necessary for this recipe?

Old 01-08-2016, 06:46 AM   #73
ouizoid
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
http://www.corningware.com/french-wh...d/1035985.html

I rummaged around in my cabinets last night and found this soup mug which I think will be even better than the measuring cup. It seems to be the same size at the bottom as at the top and its perfectly microwave safe. I think I can do a double recipe and maybe get a larger loaf?

I do have a question about the parmesan cheese tho. I used grated parmesan which I get in bulk from the grocery store; they grate it and package it themselves. Is this too 'fresh'? my bread has a very strong parmesan smell to it today. is the canned stuff less odiferous? I cant see that I would want to make cinnamon toast with it being this strong. I've never used the canned parm so maybe its necessary for this recipe?

yes--the reason I use the "green can" is because it is extremely mild and is thus a pretty good flour sub.
Old 01-08-2016, 07:45 AM   #74
Deb34
Senior LCF Member

thanks Ouizoid! The next flour batch I make I will be sure to get the 'green can' parmesan. The taste of my bread is actually really delicious but not for sweeter bread. I'm planning to get some of the Lorann Buttery Sweet Dough emulsion to add to the mild batch. I really miss my Brioche!

Old 01-08-2016, 08:52 AM   #75
Mainelydeb
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Mainelydeb
Stats: 289/256/200
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Orig-2007-lost 90lb-Restart again
Great recipe!Thanks so much Ouizoid! I made croutons with a small square of the bread. I just browned them in a skillet in olive oil and garlic. They were so good. They didn't stay crunchy in the salad so I will try my baking method for croutons and see if that works.
Mainelydeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 09:39 AM   #76
ouizoid
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

UPDATED EXPERIMENT If you guys like this, I'll make a separate thread for it. I got to thinking that maybe it would be even better if I subbed mozzarella for the protein powder.

I made a double batch

4 Tbs oat fiber
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp glu powder
28 grams Trader Joes light mozzarella
20 g green can parm
75 g eggwhites

this made a very thick sticky batter. I added about 1/4-1/3 cup cashew milk and stirred til it looked like a regular batter. Had to nuke it longer--about 3 minutes in my micro. Didn't rise nearly as high. toasted nicely, but took a little longer. very tasty. I'll probably stick to my original recipe, but I'm glad I tried it.
Old 01-08-2016, 10:04 AM   #77
Deb34
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouizoid View Post
UPDATED EXPERIMENT If you guys like this, I'll make a separate thread for it. I got to thinking that maybe it would be even better if I subbed mozzarella for the protein powder.

I made a double batch

4 Tbs oat fiber
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp glu powder
28 grams Trader Joes light mozzarella
20 g green can parm
75 g eggwhites

this made a very thick sticky batter. I added about 1/4-1/3 cup cashew milk and stirred til it looked like a regular batter. Had to nuke it longer--about 3 minutes in my micro. Didn't rise nearly as high. toasted nicely, but took a little longer. very tasty. I'll probably stick to my original recipe, but I'm glad I tried it.
what about 15 gm of mozzarella and 15 gm of Whey protein. would the benefits of both be enough to make a difference? less sticky, more rise?

Old 01-08-2016, 10:12 AM   #78
ouizoid
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
what about 15 gm of mozzarella and 15 gm of Whey protein. would the benefits of both be enough to make a difference? less sticky, more rise?
maybe--frankly the texture was a little too gummy with the mozzarella--I thought it might give a moister crumb but it was a little too moist and gummy--I think the great thing about the Parm is that it almost acts like a flour and toasts up so nice and golden brown with such a great crumb. I think the crumb was sacrificed with the addition of the mozzarella. Perhaps the thing I am thinking of could be accomplished with just the addition of some fat to the mix--egg and half n half instead of eggwhite and cashew milk.
Old 01-08-2016, 10:31 AM   #79
Deb34
Senior LCF Member

I think the original recipe is perfect! it has already kept me from falling off my CAD plan today. I'll make a new loaf tonight...I love that it takes me less than 5 minutes to make a loaf of bread. Who else but LC'ers can say that?

I did my first loaf with one large whole egg and a splash of whipping cream. The crumb is moist the first day and gets drier as you go on. This is day 3 of this loaf and while the slices feel a bit dry, its nothing that bothers me. Kind of like older white bread that's been in the bag for a while.

it reminds me very much of the slightly beat up sandwiches that I would eat at school, that had been squashed by books and binders and shoes and stuff. I'm loving the nostalgia...

Last edited by Deb34; 01-08-2016 at 10:33 AM..
Old 01-08-2016, 02:04 PM   #80
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/217/not sure 5'7
WOE: IF/NK
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
OK, I am going to do it. I don't have egg whites or parmesan, so I will stop at the store on the way home. I usually don't make things like this, but I'm not sure why not.

I want a grilled cheese sandwich very badly. Last night I ate a tuna boat without the boat and it wasn't nearly as good as it could have been.
Old 01-09-2016, 07:27 AM   #81
JHoberer
Major LCF Poster!

To answer the weight loss question- I've been eating one slice a day as a meal and I HAVE been losing. Extra well too!

Jen
Old 01-09-2016, 09:48 AM   #82
pamchesbay
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: pamchesbay
Hi all, I'm getting into the LC WOE, reading posts here. Don't have glucomannan powder or oat fiber. What can I substitute for each? I have regular oatmeal (not instant) and stone ground. almond and coconut flour.

I started a list of products to order but not finished so not ready to order yet.
pamchesbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 10:06 AM   #83
ouizoid
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

pam, you really can't sub those things in this recipe. I'd wait til you have the ingredients to make it, otherwise it won't really be lowcarb or the same.
Old 01-09-2016, 10:52 AM   #84
Charski
Gadget Gal

Gallery: Charski
Start Date: May 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamchesbay View Post
Hi all, I'm getting into the LC WOE, reading posts here. Don't have glucomannan powder or oat fiber. What can I substitute for each? I have regular oatmeal (not instant) and stone ground. almond and coconut flour.

I started a list of products to order but not finished so not ready to order yet.
Pam!

This recipe uses ingredients easy to find locally if you don't already have them on hand. It's NOT low-cal like Ouis's bread here but might do for you til you can get your Netrition order!

http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showth...ht=cheesebread

Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck.

I reject your reality and substitute my own! ~~ Adam on Mythbusters
Charski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 11:07 AM   #85
pamchesbay
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: pamchesbay
Charski - thank you! I have the ingredients for the cheese bread so can whip up a batch this afternoon, just in time for the NFL playoffs. Looks like this would be good with a pot of LC chili without beans or maybe with black soy beans.

Haven't tried black soy beans yet but their numbers are good: 1/2 cup serving = 120 ca, carb 8g, fiber 7g, net carb 1g, protein 11g. Thanks again for the cheese bread - it's great to be able to make good tasting food while staying low carb.

I have a few cans of soy beans, may try soy beans in the chili.
Thank you!
pamchesbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 12:30 PM   #86
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

I did it! I'm not sure why I am so surprised worked, you guys all said it would, but I am.

I made the original recipe and cooked it in one of those soup mug things that comes with the lid with the vent (I didn't use the lid), and it made nice, English muffin-size slices. I sliced it into four, and ate two toasted with butter. I am saving the other two for later to make a little grilled cheese sandwich.

When I was a kid my mom would make what she called "camping toast" by buttering the bread first, then frying it in a skillet. I bet that would be good.

This container might make a shape you could wrap around a hot dog. It is 6 inches long. It is Snapware brand and I got it in a set at Costco. There is also a square in the set that I think I might use for more of a sandwich bread shape.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (66.5 KB, 31 views)
Old 01-09-2016, 12:39 PM   #87
ouizoid
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GME View Post
I did it! I'm not sure why I am so surprised worked, you guys all said it would, but I am.

I made the original recipe and cooked it in one of those soup mug things that comes with the lid with the vent (I didn't use the lid), and it made nice, English muffin-size slices. I sliced it into four, and ate two toasted with butter. I am saving the other two for later to make a little grilled cheese sandwich.

When I was a kid my mom would make what she called "camping toast" by buttering the bread first, then frying it in a skillet. I bet that would be good.

This container might make a shape you could wrap around a hot dog. It is 6 inches long. It is Snapware brand and I got it in a set at Costco. There is also a square in the set that I think I might use for more of a sandwich bread shape.

So happy you liked it Gina!!!! I made an excellent Reuben today with it!

Last edited by ouizoid; 01-09-2016 at 12:40 PM..
Old 01-09-2016, 01:04 PM   #88
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Give me some suggestions folks........

I am doing a plan where I cycle LC with a couple of low fat days. This recipe is good with butter and cheese, but I could use some low fat topping ideas. Starch is OK, but sugar isn't (otherwise we would be covering it in jelly or honey ).

Watcha all think?
Old 01-09-2016, 01:19 PM   #89
ouizoid
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GME View Post
Give me some suggestions folks........

I am doing a plan where I cycle LC with a couple of low fat days. This recipe is good with butter and cheese, but I could use some low fat topping ideas. Starch is OK, but sugar isn't (otherwise we would be covering it in jelly or honey ).

Watcha all think?
I love a PB2 sandwich! reconstitute pb2 with a little vanilla davinci's or water, add a sf jam and it is a great sandwich. last week I spread two slices with one laughing cow lite (pepperjack flavor) and added some ham, delicious! I use Land O Lakes whipped butter which is 50 calories/Tbs and is perfect for two slices of this toast. I made a great tuna sandwich with light mayo, celery, onion and capers--sooo good. I made a great lowfat french toast--using cashew milk and eggbeaters and sf syrup. Really, however you would use bread is good with this stuff
Old 01-09-2016, 02:37 PM   #90
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Doesn't it taste too cheesy in a sweet recipe? I like it, but the parmesen flavor is strong to me. I used the Target brand green can.

I like the idea of french toast.