Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 04-18-2017, 05:37 AM   #91
Gibbs
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Gibbs
Stats: 94#'s down, lots more to go
WOE: Stay below 20 carbs per day
Start Date: 7/12/16 for yet another time
Tammy, that's the confusing part, no kidney issues ever, I just don't get it.

Today's vittles, quiche for breakfast, the fettuccine alfredo for lunch, I don't know about dinner, but you know it will be eggs.

Boring day so far, but that's ok, sometimes you need boring. I did debate on calling in, I was picturing myself sitting on the deck all day drinking coffee!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2017, 10:04 AM   #92
gigi3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: gigi3
thank you guys for the warm welcome. it is very sweet of you.

love reading everyones stories, and information. it is very helpful knowing I am not alone.

I am trying to figure out this whole low carb thing.
Big lesson, for me .. while eating under 40 carbs in a day sounds great. I get a headache. and it leads me to rating at 10 pm at night...
I am certain the mini cheesecakes my youngest made prob helped with that....
I maaged to eat 40 carbs in just 30 min.... but , dang they were good......

today , I am trying to spread my carbs out throughout the day a bit better.
and I writing out my grocery list for the weekend, so I can have beeter food options....

however cauliflower is 7.99 a head right now... so I am not buying that.....lol
gigi3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 10:15 AM   #93
Gibbs
Major LCF Poster!

OMG that's ridiculous for cauliflower! Every time I restart low carb, days 2-4 are headaches, but they end. And I find I'm less tempted if I make a weekly plan and pre-make the meals. But this is a great gang, I found them at the first of the year, it helps to have a buddy system!
Old 04-18-2017, 02:03 PM   #94
Grace1313
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Grace1313
Stats: 236/188/175
WOE: Low Carb my way
Start Date: September 9th, 2016
That's insane for the cauliflower. I passed on the fresh head as it was 4.97 but got some frozen for under 3 bucks.
Gigi..some weeks I stay at a strict 20 grams but sometimes I go up to 40 and can still lose. 50 and under is still LC and you are usually still in ketosis.
Chris I take it you liked the noodles?
Tammy I sure hope the new assistant is a big help for you.
Tony how is the new grandson doing?
Abi, Charlotte is adorable! !
Well guys my appointment is at 8:15 am tomorrow. Hopefully I will have some kind of answers tomorrow.

" I am not what I ought to be, I am not what I want to be, I am not what I hope to be, but by the grace of God, I am not what I once was". - John Newton

Reminder to myself: share the grace I have been so freely given.

For Cynthia: I need food to fuel my body, not my emotions!
Grace1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 02:08 PM   #95
Gibbs
Major LCF Poster!

Just because I added it all up, today was...

8 eggs, 2 that were double yolks
8 oz butter and mayo
6 oz various kinds of cheese
15.4 carbs for the day
Old 04-18-2017, 02:27 PM   #96
flatferenghi
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: flatferenghi
any change of diet will cause some discomfort.

40 gr carbs is STILL a mega change over the typical American diet of approx. 300 carb grams. the purpose of the ATKINS phase 1, is to accommodate the transition, get one past the sugar/starch withdrawal (which often involves headaches). I would advise getting hold of Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution(DANDR)which goes into great detail. Whether ATKINS is or is not your choice, it is still most informative, and enjoyable reading. Love & Profits: FLATFERENGHI
flatferenghi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 02:30 PM   #97
Gibbs
Major LCF Poster!

Lynn, yes I enjoyed the noodles very much, I'll make them again soon. I hope all goes well tomorrow!
Old 04-18-2017, 03:56 PM   #98
Gibbs
Major LCF Poster!

I'm pathetic! One lap around the school and my knees are killing me! It's both elementary and jr/sr high, I'll just leave out the part that it's about 750 students total. I'll do it again tomorrow!
Old 04-18-2017, 09:32 PM   #99
ladyboss7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyboss7
Stats: 245 / 217 / 140
WOE: Hi Protein / Hi Fat / Low Carb
Start Date: starting over AGAIN
Hi gang!

Chris, Maybe your mom needs to get a second opinion??? If she's never had kidney issues before I sure think I'd get another opinion before starting something as extreme as Dialysis. So I missed the recipe for the noodles your using....do share!

Lynn, Hugs and prayers for a good appointment!!

Gigi, where are you that Cauliflower is that expensive?? I can get a head of Cauliflower at Walmart for $2.97!!

FF, Dr. Atkins was definitely a pioneer, his books were excellent!

How's everyone else doing? All is good here....we had a big state inspection today at our new community, and it went well.....so that was a major hurdle overcome! The new assistant is doing well.....I think things will start to finally get a little smoother.....which would be awesome.

Be the type of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap....she's up"!!

231 225 215 210 200 195 190 185 180 175 170 165 160 155 150 145
ladyboss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 03:08 AM   #100
Gibbs
Major LCF Poster!

Fettuccine Alfredo

For the pasta:
2 eggs
1 oz cream cheese
pinch of salt
pinch of garlic powder
⅛ tsp black pepper

For the sauce:
1 oz Mascarpone cheese
1 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese
1 Tbsp butter

For the pasta:
Blend the eggs, cream cheese, salt, garlic powder, and pepper in a magic bullet or blender. Pour into a butter-greased 8 x 8 pan. Bake at 325 for 8 minutes or until just set. Remove and let cool for about 5 minutes. Using a spatula, gently release the sheet of "pasta" from the pan. Roll it up and slice with a sharp knife into ⅛ inch thick slices. Gently unroll and set aside.

For the sauce:
Combine the mascarpone, parmesan cheese, and butter in a small bowl. Microwave on high for 30 seconds. Whisk. Microwave on high another 30 seconds. Whisk again until smooth (this may take a minute because the sauce will have separated - keep whisking and it will come back together!) Add the pasta to the hot sauce and toss gently. Serve immediately with more freshly ground black pepper if desired.

One serving, 4.2 carbs. Adding that the 2nd round I doubled the batch and put the noodles in tin foil lined cake pan, perfect size for a double batch and way easier to remove.

Last edited by Gibbs; 04-19-2017 at 03:12 AM..
Gibbs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 06:26 AM   #101
gigi3
Junior LCF Member

I am in Ontario Canada. the price of cauilflower was from our my local food land store. uber expensive on stuff. good sales occasionally... but some of their stuff s over the top pricey

ok. so I am figuring out , I need A- no eating after 8 pm,
B - exersise daily ... even if it sucks
C - under 60 carbs per day
D- need my water.

sigh... but the weight went on so easy.....lol... why is it a pain to come off. ....

food is pretty planned for the day ..
I am looking for some good spinach recipies..... hmm. the hunt is on
Old 04-19-2017, 06:55 AM   #102
Gibbs
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Hump Day!

Lynn, fingers crossed this morning!!

Tammy, Mom's already checking out docs for that 2nd opinion, although she's got a good one who knows his crap.

Gigi, I know what you mean about putting the pounds on, it is so easy. Chicken breasts in a slow cooker on low for 4 hours, season with a little salt and some pepper, I add lots of minced garlic. Then slap an 8oz block of cream cheese in it for an hour more. Take the chicken out and dice it up if you want, and stir the pot well while the chicken is out. Add a bag of baby spinach and stir. Toss the chicken back in on top, give it about 30 minutes for the spinach to wilt. Stir well and enjoy.

Day #7 of the egg fast and I'm just wondering when I'm gonna start laying them. Breakfast was rough, gagged just thinking about it. Ate all but 2 bites of the quiche, lunch will be egg salad with 2 string cheese thingys, dinner probably fried ones. And staying at the same weight for 3 days now isn't making it any easier.

On the positive side, I glanced in the mirror this morning, I look like a rag bag. I need to buy smaller pants this weekend!

My knees are screaming this morning from last evenings walk, suck it up cupcake 'cause it's happening again today!

I'm already drooling over what I'm going to have Friday right after the final weigh in, a toasted garlic bagel smeared with mayo and loaded with bacon, bacon, and bacon.
Old 04-19-2017, 07:00 AM   #103
Grace1313
Major LCF Poster!

If only it came off as quick as we can pack it on Gigi.

My appointment today went well. She knew right away she needed to calm me down. She explained even if I had the worst pre cancerous cells that it takes roughly 10 years to develop into cancer. I had a clean pap about 5 years ago. Next Wednesday I will have a coloscopy to determine my level of damage and if need be the bad cell removal procedure. We are not looking at a hysterectomy. .but she will do the uterine ablation. Possibly she said they can do the ablation and gall bladder removal on the same day. Her and my surgeon like each other alot. .professionally and work out of the same hospital. I am feeling a bit better today. Oh and I love her..when I told her my daughter is 31..she laughed and said. .that's funny because you're only 31...lol.

" I am not what I ought to be, I am not what I want to be, I am not what I hope to be, but by the grace of God, I am not what I once was". - John Newton

Old 04-19-2017, 07:32 AM   #104
Gibbs
Major LCF Poster!

Glad to hear that Lynn!
Old 04-19-2017, 08:03 AM   #105
gigi3
Junior LCF Member

Lynn - that is fantastic. I had the bad cell removal many years ago. they were a tad agressive with it. But it worked. The dr asked me if I wanted them t o be agressive or ...not ... I told them to be ruthless. it worked. Hugs.

Gibbs- I do that chicken. so yummy. I add peppers i it as well, and sometimes a whole sliced leek. yummy
Old 04-19-2017, 09:26 AM   #106
Abigale
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Lynn, glad the appointment went well and that your doctor was so reassuring and such a sweetheart!

Well, I have been back to work for 2 nights and so far have survived. Right now I am ready for a nap so will write more later! lol
Abigale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 10:25 AM   #107
Gibbs
Major LCF Poster!

Ok, I'm officially all egged out. I ate about an hour ago and it's about to come back up. Money or no money, I'm throwing in the towel!
Old 04-19-2017, 01:05 PM   #108
tony8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/224.4/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
hahahaha, chris!...you fought the good fight!...will you eat a regular bagel or a lc version?...i've never had an lc bagel...

lynn, i'm so happy the appointment went well...i had a good feeling about it...sounds like you are in good hands, too!...

tammy, happy your assistant is working out so far...will keep my fingers crossed for you...i am doubting my tenant will be going anywhere anytime soon - he had realtors, family and friends looking for alternative spaces and he sent me an email stating that there is nothing comparable within $2000/month of what i am charging him...which makes me even more baffled as to why he just doesn't shut up and go with the flow...

abi, i can't believe you are back to work...it didn't seem like you would be ready...don't overdo it!!!...great photos, by the way...so cute...

ff, i wish you would stop wishing the warm weather away!...

gigi, welcome - if i haven't welcomed you yet!...i've been here over 7 years and these folks have become good friends...this is a supportive, rather than judgmental group...

buddy of mine from nashville is coming to stay with us until sunday...i took a few days off and am looking forward to hanging out with him...he's one of my favorite people and we have co-written songs together - he is sooo funny...i generally laugh til i cry when he's around :-)

i weighed today for the first time in a few weeks and i was at 225.4 so i'm holding fairly steady...only about 1.4 lbs heavier than my lowest weight in the past few years, so i'm good with it...

272 271 270 269 268 267 266 265 264 263 262 261 260 259 258 257 256 255 254 253 252 251 250 249 248 247 246 245 244 243
242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214
213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185
tony8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 02:43 PM   #109
Gibbs
Major LCF Poster!

Guess what I had for dinner?! Fried eggs. I can't stop. One more day, I can do it. I'm gonna go for another walk, make some cloud bread.
Old 04-19-2017, 02:51 PM   #110
Gibbs
Major LCF Poster!

And Tony, the bagel after the weigh in will be low carb with lots of bacon!
Old 04-19-2017, 04:02 PM   #111
Grace1313
Major LCF Poster!

Bacon..No egg though Chris. You are one tough trooper!

ABI, I can't believe you're back at work. Did you post you were going back and I missed it!?! I hope you are not getting worn out.

Tony.. You're right, the tenant needs to get with the program if there is that much price difference. Can you raise the rent and thank him for bringing it to your attention that you are under charging! seriously hoping it gets better.

Tammy I hope the inspection went/ will go well. With you in charge it should be great! I sure hope the new guy works out for you.

Gigi if they ask me, I will remember to tell them to be ruthless! The bad cells deserve it.

Marilee, Vicki, FF, I hope all is well and that everyone had a good Easter. For you FF I hope you had a good ferengi holiday..If there is an equivalent.

Old 04-19-2017, 05:08 PM   #112
Gibbs
Major LCF Poster!

Lord no, no eggs!!
Old 04-19-2017, 07:02 PM   #113
ladyboss7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyboss7
Stats: 245 / 217 / 140
WOE: Hi Protein / Hi Fat / Low Carb
Start Date: starting over AGAIN
Hello loves!!

Chris, you are a trooper with all those eggs....and that "pasta" recipe looks good....it really works as pasta huh?? I'm going to give it a try! My saving grace on an egg fast is the egg creams....I've made them with tea, coffee, or I make a super yummy one with pumpkin pie filling that tastes just like pumpkin pie....

Abi, you're back to work already??? You must really be getting around well....I'm so happy for you!

Lynn, I'm so glad your Dr. appt went well! I had the endometrial ablation about 12 years ago....best thing I ever did for my body!! I did because of issues with fibroids and periods from HELL.....it made all the difference. It also eased me into early menopause, which I was just fine with....no hot flashes, no crazy mood swings....my periods just ended and never came back. The recovery was pretty quick too, so if they could do your gallbladder at the same time that'd be cool.

Gigi, It seems so unfair that the weight goes on so easy, yet is so darn hard to take off!

Tony, Are you still writing music??? Yes, my new assistant is doing well so far.....I am SO relieved, he will be a big help as he gets settled in. Problem tenants just suck, they're so frustrating. I've come to realize that there are just some people who can not be happy unless they are miserable and make everyone around them miserable too!

Well kids, The big inspection went great, and we're headed to the end of the week. We have plans to meet the kids Friday night and take Sarah to her first circus....we're all so excited!!! Sarah has started walking too....I can't wait to see her this weekend!

Have a good one!

Be the type of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap....she's up"!!

231 225 215 210 200 195 190 185 180 175 170 165 160 155 150 145
ladyboss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 03:24 AM   #114
Gibbs
Major LCF Poster!

Tammy, glad to hear the new assistant is working out.

This egg fast is really ticking me off. I'm hoping I missed reading the part about a whoosh after 4 days of the same weight, cause that's what's happening. What the crap. According to the scale at work, I'm only down 2.4 since last Fridays weigh in. I know, I know, don't weigh everyday, but I can't help it! It's become an obsession!

The family had breakfast last evening, do you know how hard it is to fry bacon and not have any!?! I do! But I saved me some (if no one finds it in the fridge) for tomorrows bacon bagel. Don't let me forget the mayo!!

No clue for food today, I gotta figure something out.

Pester you later!
Old 04-20-2017, 05:29 AM   #115
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 257/220/140
WOE: LC/GF Fung Fasting
Start Date: 12/1/2001 then 5/29/13 restart 12/29/16
Just chiming in to say GO GIBBS!

Can't wait to see your final results.
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 06:00 AM   #116
gigi3
Junior LCF Member

The egg fast thing... you are a trooper.. I could not do it. Iam not a huge fan of eggs.

ok. trying to figure out the menu thing. Tonight is spagetti . with meat sauce.
I think I might have a piece of chicken.
or maybe get creative and put the sauce over some veggies..... not sure how that is going to go ... but I might give it a try.
Life is interesting enough with making a veggitarian meal for my youngest. making 3 meals is just nuts. lol

I am finding myself hungry at night... not sure how to fix that one... maybe a bigger supper? or a snack of somethng low carb... hmm... will figure it out.
Old 04-20-2017, 10:09 AM   #117
Abigale
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Lynn, I didn't tell anyone I was going back to work in case night one I couldn't hack it. So far it is going ok. By the end of the night my knee is sore but I think that is going to be par for the course for a long time. It's nothing I can't live with. Still working on getting the bend to get better but I can manage to do all the things necessary to do my job.

Tammy, definitely not zipping around like I used to. We have mats to stand on in different areas and I am very gingerly stepping on and off them. It will be so much fun to take Sarah to the circus. Love she is starting to walk!

Chris, good luck on the weigh in tomorrow. That bacon bagel sounds so good. Hope the kids don't find the bacon and put plenty of mayo on it!

Tony, not sure if I would have improved all that much if I had waited another couple of weeks and family medical leave was going to be ending shortly. I also think having to do all my different tasks at work moves that leg like it should. It's probably better than pt.
Have lots of laughs with your buddy!

gigi3, I know having to make meals for different family members is nuts! lol Hope you can figure out what you can have that could reduce the meals to only 2 you have to prepare.
Abigale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 06:06 PM   #118
flatferenghi
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: flatferenghi
re-discovered a beveridge treat i created years ago...

quite by chance, when I was still working. check the main lobby for details. but it is a combo of iced coffee and diet cola. MOST REFRESHING!!! stepping out tomorrow to get some errands done. I will be joining a buddy of mine, after he finishes work, for a diner episode. I think I shall have some sort of fish. believe it or not, I have not yet made the crab cakes. I have to get eggs, and pork rinds. the wheels of progress grind quite slowly in my domain. Love & Profits: FLATFERENGHI
flatferenghi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 05:31 AM   #119
Gibbs
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Friday!!

As much as I love coffee, iced coffee just doesn't do it for me. I did say out loud, "OK Laverne," when I read that, I thought of her milk and Pepsi. Or was it Shirley that drank it?

The weigh lady is killing me! She's out in the lobby gabbing. Hurry up, I gotta know!!

Breakfast will be the bacon bagel with mayo I've drooled over just thinking about. Lunch will be a bunless burger with cheese, bacon, plus 2 small pickles, I love Claussen kosher dills. Dinner had better be a steak, medium, with a green veggie on the side or I'll be extremely disappointed.

Holy crap. 6.3% lost WOO HOO!!! Tied for 2nd right now but the lady hasn't weighed in yet. And 1st place hasn't weighed either.

Gotta work, later!
Old 04-21-2017, 08:46 AM   #120
gigi3
Junior LCF Member

Gibbs!!!! WTG!!!!!!

so my lesson for the day yesterday was ... protein at every meal or it makes me dive into carbs.!! not a good thing.

ok. so today.... for lunch I made some cream cheese filled celery wraped in ham slices... so good. so freaking good. this might be a go to ..
and I am surprised that this filled me totally up. like I am full. wow. just wow.

Iam working on my menu plan for next week.
I also have a 1/4 cow coming next week. its about 180 lbs. 60% of it is steaks... pardon me while I drool for a bit. we are buying directly from the farmer, so we are getting a simply excellent price on it.