Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 03-22-2017, 08:21 PM   #1
Bracelet
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bracelet
Electric Pressure Cooker Stuff

I have been looking for a cheap elec. pressure cooker to play with, and today I purchased a brand new Costway 6 qt electric pressure cooker online for $14.99, no shipping. I read the reviews before purchasing, most people said it is obvious whoever wrote the instruction booklet couldn't speak good English because it is pretty much unreadable. Also, there are several buttons on the cooker... Fish, Meat, Beans, etc. plus other buttons, and the booklet says nothing about any of these buttons or how to use the cooker, just how to assemble and clean it.

Because it was so inexpensive, I couldn't pass it up. I have used a manual pressure cooker several times over the years, so that should help. If anyone is willing to give me some tips on electric pressure cookers, I'd sure appreciate it.
Bracelet is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2017, 11:22 PM   #2
walkingwoman
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: walkingwoman
WOE: maintaining 124-128 range
Start Date: 2/1/13
http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=876597
Hope this helps.
walkingwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 09:42 AM   #3
Charski
Gadget Gal

Gallery: Charski
Start Date: May 2003
From what I could find online, it looks significantly similar enough to the Instant Pot that the instructions for the IP should work pretty well with it, given a little trial and error.

I have three electric pressure cookers, the last one I got is the 6 quart IP and I love it way more than my other two 8 quart ones!

If you already have experience pressure cooking foods, you shouldn't have much trouble adapting to this new one.

There are TONS of online recipes and youtubes and such for the Instant Pot. Just do a google search and you'll find them.

Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck.

I reject your reality and substitute my own! ~~ Adam on Mythbusters
Charski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 09:58 AM   #4
Bracelet
Senior LCF Member

Thank you.
Old 03-30-2017, 11:35 AM   #5
sbwertz
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sbwertz
Stats: Low carb for blood sugar control
If you like to make boiled eggs a lot, cook them in the pressure cooker! They will peel perfectly every time.

If your cooker has a high/low pressure setting, use low, but high will work too. I cook mine for 7 minutes and release the pressure immediately. I pop them in ice water to stop the cooking. I make them 18-24 at a time because my husband and I love hot buttered hard boiled eggs with crumbled bacon for breakfast! That will go through 6 boiled eggs a day.
Old 04-14-2017, 11:01 AM   #6
Bracelet
Senior LCF Member

Well, I thought $14.99 for an electric pressure cooker was too good to be true. I received an email from the seller saying he mailed it, next day got an email from eBay saying 'the item has been removed' whatever that means. It said if I don't receive the cooker by April 6, to contact them. I looked on eBay and the seller was no longer a member and had only been a member for 1 day. Well, I didn't receive it, so I contacted eBay, they said they had placed my refund money in my PayPal account. I don't have a PayPal account, I charged the cooker on my credit card.

They have my email and other info, so I thought maybe they opened a PayPal account in my name, so I went to the PayPal site. You log in with your email and password. When I typed in my email address, it said there is no such account. So I replied on the email that eBay had sent me, telling them I have no PayPal account, please credit my card.

I received a reply, they had removed my request to credit my card from the email (as if I had never made that request to them) and all they said was, "We are sorry for your inconvenience." so obviously sending emails to eBay won't help. I tried to contact PayPal, but there was no way on their site that I could find, to contact them. At this point I am just frustrated and don't even care about the 15 bucks.

But the truth is, I have decided that I don't use my manual pressure cooker very much so I probably wouldn't use the electric one much either. I recently bought an air fryer and use it almost every day.

Don't know why I am posting this, guess I just needed to vent. Thanks for letting me bend your ear.
Old 04-14-2017, 11:22 AM   #7
Charski
Gadget Gal

Gallery: Charski
Start Date: May 2003
Man, Bracelet, that would torque me all kinds of the wrong direction. This is why I never buy from a seller without LOTS of good feedback ratings.

Overall that was a fairly inexpensive lesson learned about ebay but it doesn't make you feel any better about it, I'm sure!

Google "paypal customer service phone" and you'll get some listings pop up. Me, being of strong Scottish descent, I'd have to chase that down some more - I can't stand somebody ripping me off - but do what you need to do!

Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck.

I reject your reality and substitute my own! ~~ Adam on Mythbusters
Charski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 04:39 PM   #8
starry sky
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: starry sky
Bracelet: refute the charge in your credit card. Since eBay contacted you and the seller was removed you have proof that it was fraud. Should be super easy to call or go online and refute it. I hope you get your money back!
starry sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 09:01 PM   #9
Bracelet
Senior LCF Member

I am waiting for my Visa statement to see if they credited my account. It should arrive in a couple of days.
Old 04-22-2017, 06:30 PM   #10
Barbo
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Barbo
Stats: 225/145/136
WOE: Low Carb Diabetic Plan
Start Date: August 2005
I really feel for you Bracelet. Lord, I hate being ripped off like that.
We had a similar situation and DH called Visa and said no way are we going
to accept that charge and they deducted it. So before you give up, call the
credit card co., and tell your story to them. Like Char, I just cannot accept
the rip off.