Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 06-10-2016, 09:39 AM   #181
parrotchic
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: parrotchic
Thank you PaminKY, I'll give it a try. It's going to be really hot here this weekend. A good reason to make ice cream.
parrotchic is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2016, 01:21 PM   #182
gratefulgranny
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: gratefulgranny
Newbie here. I just wanted to thank romo20350 for this wonderful ice cream recipe. My DH and I have been longing for a cup of good ice cream and here it is. We each have a half cup every night after supper, served in small ramekins topped with a spoonful of fresh fruit. Looks and tastes like a dessert that might be served in a fine dining restaurant. One thing about the gums, I use 1/4 tsp each guar and xanthan, mixing them with the erythritol, then adding 1/4 cup water and microwaving till all is dissolved. Then add 1 cup cream and a 5 oz can of evaporated milk and a cup of cashew milk. Heat this in the microwave till hot but not boiling. Pour this slowly into the eggs while they are in the blender turned on low. Add all the other ingredients while blending and lastly add more cashew milk to bring up to about 5 cups. Leave it in the refrig overnight and give it one more 15 second blend just before you pour it into the ice cream maker. I use 1/4 cup DiVinci SF vanilla syrup instead of extract. Gives a smoother taste. So good. Thanks again!
gratefulgranny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 08:36 PM   #183
Baricat
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Baricat
Stats: 240/128/135 Start:size 26, now:size 2.
WOE: Very low carb for control of diabetes
Start Date: January 2007
Thank you, romo20350, for sharing this outstanding recipe. My husband just gave me a brand new, shiny Cuisinart ICE-100 (to replace my Donvier, which doesn't work all that well on sugar free ice creams) and I knew this recipe was going to take it on its maiden voyage! The flavor is perfect in every possible way. Rich, smooth vanilla bliss! I enjoyed a "brown cow" today by scooping some into a tall glass and filling with Coke Zero. It was nirvana. Best treat I've had in months. Summer here will never be the same, with this recipe and an ice cream maker that can make batch after batch, with no down time in between. Again, many thanks!

--Cat
Baricat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 04:03 PM   #184
Baricat
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Baricat
Stats: 240/128/135 Start:size 26, now:size 2.
WOE: Very low carb for control of diabetes
Start Date: January 2007
Quick question for others who have made this. I have now made 3 batches, and love it directly out of the machine. The perfect soft serve. We're addicted! After 24 hours, however, mine is definitely not what I would describe as "scoopable." It's quite hard, and I have made no substitutions of any kind, and have followed directions exactly as written.

It's not anything I consider a problem, however. I just put it in the microwave for 2 minutes at 10% power, and I can scoop it. It's still pretty hard at the inside of the container, but I scoop from the outside, and it's all good.

But does anyone else find that it's not exactly "scoopable" directly from the freezer after a night's rest (or more?) It sounds like most everyone else but me is getting an ice cream that stays soft-frozen indefinitely. My machine is a Cuisinart ICE-100, which has its own compressor. As I noted earlier, the texture is murderously silky smooth and delectable right after churning. Can't imagine that the machine would compromise long term texture integrity. Any ideas?

Oh - made the ice cream bars as directed with the magic shell. Lots of work, but oh-so-impressive!
Baricat is online now   Reply With Quote