Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-30-2013, 09:53 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!
Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
Start Date: Which time?
The Dream Continues ...

... to lose weight!! Can't seem to lose it no matter what. So, I decided to give the original Atkins '72 a go. I've been low carbing on my own (keeping carbs around 30-50/day) since July. Haven't lost anything, not even an inch. I have since also cut out wheat and don't do Frankenfoods. I will use some of the wonderful recipes around here if it uses real food and ingredients on the list.

I do use the Ketostix as it shows I'm in ketosis and I confess - I like seeing that color. Keeps motivated that something good is happening inside. One nice thing - I won't be plagued by carb withdrawals since I've already been there, done that!

Today is my official first day of Atkins '72. It was interesting to read the book before Splenda or Ranch Dressing. D-Zerta instead of Jell-O, assuming that Jell-O had not yet made sugar free products. Interesting reading. I only wished women patients had made up the bulk of his success stories. Most were men and as we women know, men seem to lose quicker and easier than us! No offense to any men reading this that have just as much trouble as women losing weight.

So, anyway, we'll see where yet another try at this losing weight thing gets me.

The food plan today:

B: BPC, sliced deli turkey meat
L: Salad w/hamburger, cheese, Ranch dressing
D: Probably the same as lunch, but with avocado and maybe some roasted veggies
S: Coffee w/cream, Eggnog shake (eggs, vanilla extract, SF DaVinci Eggnog syrup)

"One way to begin to see how vastly indulgent we usually are is to fast. One finds out what an astonishing amount of time is spent in the planning, purchasing, preparing, eating, and cleaning up of meals."
- Elisabeth Elliot

vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote