Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 10-12-2017, 05:40 PM   #1
p0rtia
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: p0rtia
Stats: 5'7" 307/175/150-160
WOE: ex-Atkins; low cal/low carb + 4:3 JUDDD
Start Date: May 22, 2015
p0rtias pRe-thanksgiving Strictly Eating Challenge

Sooooo. On Monday the the 16th (three days away) I'm making a personal commitment to do a 14 commitment challenge. I may extend another two weeks.

I'd like to cordially invite you to join in, either with my WOE, or your WOE, any WOE at all! The common denominator is meant to be the commitment part (hence the "strictly").

If you need a kickstart, are hoping to increase focus, want to try something new, or just want to try the "commitment thing" to see what it does to your head, this is the place for you.

If you're having trouble sticking to plan, and are worried you won't make it for two weeks, no problem! Just see how far you can go. Set a baseline.

And, if you just want to support the challenge, you are welcome too!

Either way, I'm looking forward to chatting about everybody's day-to-day weight management for the next two weeks.

If you're interested, just set your goal, state your game plan, and hop on board! I'll start.

Here's my goal and plan: I'm committing to two weeks of very low carb (or possibly semi low--haven't decided). My numbers will be 1700/400ish. And I'm going to try EOD JUDDD for the FIRST TIME (I'm a 4:3 beast). My goal is simple: Fulfill the commitment. Without overdoing, before or after.

I won't be weighing, because I don't weigh, but I will be measuring waist and clothes fit. Weighers Welcome LOL

Sound like fun? What's not to like?

Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2017, 04:00 AM   #2
Kissa
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/120/120 5'3" Age 70
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2002 Atkins 2011 JUDDD 2016 BSD/JUDDD
I’ll be rooting for you all, I am happy to lose a couple of pounds too. Haven’t seen my lowest weigh for a while now.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Hunger is not an emergency.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 09:42 AM   #3
Carly

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/126.8/125 5'1" 41yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD- maintaining since 2/2013
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
I have to think about what will be best, but I'll definitely join in some sort of fashion. I'll be traveling for work in 10/18 & 10/19 so food choices will be beyond my control, but maybe another few days of Stillmans (no more than 3 days in a row) with 4:3 all other days. Need time to sort it out still, but I'm in.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 03:18 PM   #4
FairyWren
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FairyWren
Stats: 178/144/133 5'4"
WOE: JUDDD
I'll join, i'm away with family for two weeks but think I can be pretty strict. Plus no alcohol for me, at all - that's going to be my biggest challenge!
Old 10-13-2017, 05:27 PM   #5
p0rtia
Senior LCF Member

Where I am: Back in early July, when I saw the crazy string of guests and travel I was facing, I had a little talk with myself. I weighed about 175 (my low for over 20 years and my original goal weight). I wanted to enjoy both guests and travel, and I knew that meant a lot of eating. I decided that trying to lose weight over the summer would be setting myself up for failure. I decided that my goal was to weigh the same at the end of this period of travel and guests was over as I did at the beginning. To maintain. And I would work on reaching my current goal range (150 - 160) over the winter.

I've done pretty well with that goal, using the drastic measure of z-calorie fasting between trips and guests. I don't weigh, but I have clothes and mirrors, and I'd say I'm up a few pounds--and that's after four days of z-fasting.

I've learned a LOT. 1) Z-fasting between bouts of festival eating was a godsend... 2) ...but it is not my idea of maintenance. In the long run, I'll save it for emergencies. 2) I indulge more on the day after I get home, or the day after a guest leaves. It feels like I'm self-soothing after a stress. Okay. 3) I never lost touch with my confidence that come fall, I would be able to continue working on reaching my goal range... 4) but I had no sense of what I would eat and when I would eat it when I get there.

Both brain and body are crying for stability. I am so ready to be back in weight-loss mode. And I so don't want to be casual about it. So I decided to come up with a plan--which always helps me to stay on track--for my first two weeks back in WLM. Mini-induction. LOL

Which is all an introduction to the scratch sheet I came up with yesterday. My commitment. The Plan. (Yes, I really do this stuff. All the time.) Though I'm starting Monday, I'm keeping an eye on the weekend too. I want to get as far from possible away from the old idea of over-indulging pre-Monday-start-a-diet. I've done that so often in my life, and I don't want to fall back into that habit. I want to move from Z-fast to WOE without a bump.

Old 10-13-2017, 05:32 PM   #6
p0rtia
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Iíll be rooting for you all, I am happy to lose a couple of pounds too. Havenít seen my lowest weigh for a while now.
Now there's a nice goal. I love watching your record in the Daily Weigh in, because to me it shows the purpose of the weigh-in: to monitor your goal range and take action when needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
I have to think about what will be best, but I'll definitely join in some sort of fashion. I'll be traveling for work in 10/18 & 10/19 so food choices will be beyond my control, but maybe another few days of Stillmans (no more than 3 days in a row) with 4:3 all other days. Need time to sort it out still, but I'm in.
Super! Looking forward to hearing you share your inner thoughts on how you hope to eat following your recent Stillmans hack.

Who else???

Old 10-13-2017, 06:49 PM   #7
Sharss
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sharss
Stats: 144/135/125/122 5'6 1/2" 75yr
WOE: SBD -> JUDDD
Start Date: 5/16/17
pOrtias, I'll join your challenge since I love challenges.

i'll keep doing what I've been doing lately as it seems to be working. I lowered my UD calories and upped my DD calories. I think doing that along with exercise has been working for me.

I do have a two-fold problem though to deal with.

1. If I don't exercise in the morning after getting up (and coffee), I end up not wanting to do them. First thing exercising is workable on UDs. However, on DDs I can't do that since I can't eat until 1:30PM in keeping with 18 hour fasting. As a result it's been a struggle to get them done later. They say one is suppose to eat something after working out.

2. I had started Resveratrol 1450 which I think has contributed to a major sleep issue. I've had more All Nighters without sleep since starting them than in a long time. OTOH, with exercise, it seems to give me more energy. I think a higher metabolism maybe. But jeez, lack of sleep seems to interfere with weigt loss unless I weigh after a morning nap. I'm upping my water to see if this helps.

Anyway, that's where I'm at. I'll continue my WOE while trying to deal with those two issues. The Challenge will keep me on track!

2nd Long Term Goal 135 reached: 6/11/17

Last edited by Sharss; 10-13-2017 at 06:54 PM..
Sharss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 06:47 AM   #8
p0rtia
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharss View Post
pOrtias, I'll join your challenge since I love challenges.
Yay! I'm so pleased people are joining in. And I the way you lay out your thoughts below--anybody who uses outline form is a kindred spirit!

Quote:
i'll keep doing what I've been doing lately as it seems to be working. I lowered my UD calories and upped my DD calories. I think doing that along with exercise has been working for me.
Details, please! Not only for my number-loving brainbone, but for any readers we get now and in the future.

Quote:
I do have a two-fold problem though to deal with.

1. If I don't exercise in the morning after getting up (and coffee), I end up not wanting to do them. First thing exercising is workable on UDs. However, on DDs I can't do that since I can't eat until 1:30PM in keeping with 18 hour fasting. As a result it's been a struggle to get them done later. They say one is suppose to eat something after working out.
For the record, in the winter I play tennis at 8 AM in the morning on my DDs. And I generally don't eat breakfast on either DDs or UDs. I have no problem with eating neither before nor after I play.

Which I present only to say that there are different reactions to exercise, and 64 years of living tells me that you have to find out what works for you and not accept what the perceived wisdom of a particular decade says. Because only two things are certain 1) there is a vocal minority opinion and 2) the majority opinion will change. (Curiously, I've heard about eating before working out, but never after working out. )

Question: are you skipping breakfast or do you not consider your DD breakfast a sufficient meal?

Quote:
2. I had started Resveratrol 1450 which I think has contributed to a major sleep issue. I've had more All Nighters without sleep since starting them than in a long time. OTOH, with exercise, it seems to give me more energy. I think a higher metabolism maybe. But jeez, lack of sleep seems to interfere with weight loss unless I weigh after a morning nap. I'm upping my water to see if this helps.
I have occasional sleep issues, but they are always after a DD or a FD (zero-cals). I know many people on this board have the same problem. I'm wondering if anybody else has linked it to Resveratrol?

I'm with you on the exercise. I've come to believe that though exercise alone is not a reliable weight-loss tool, it is essential to my well-being and maximizes my JUDDD weight-loss / prevents weight gain.

Quote:
Anyway, that's where I'm at. I'll continue my WOE while trying to deal with those two issues. The Challenge will keep me on track!
This is great. Hope you can get some useful feedback here to help you tinker with the exercise and sleep issues.

What is your WOE for this weekend? Are you EOD or 4:3 or what?
Old 10-14-2017, 12:33 PM   #9
Kissa

Good to see some more joiners. What I love is that although it is JUDDD that brought us together, we have all our own way of using it.

p0rtia, have I mentioned the Pioppi 'Diet' by Aseem Malhotra? Do have a look at it while you are looking for a long term way of eating. I follow it to a degree and it is very doable and healthy. It incorporates one fasting day a week which I really like.

Sharss, you are having some awesome results, you must be thrilled. About the exercise issue, Like p0tia I often exercise on empty and don't eat afterwards. I recently did 1.5 hours of Zumba during a 42 hour fast. I generally only do an hour but I was flying, which goes to show that fasting does us nothing but good. I followed the session with soya latte but didn't eat until around 2 in the afternoon. I am 70...

On the Resveratrol, I take 1000mg every morning along with 125mg of Pterostilbene. I have been taking these for many years, started when I read about them on here! I have never had any sleep issues. But I do take 500 mg of Magnesium before bed. Not really as a help for sleep as I have never really had a problem that way. But I gather that it can help. Just for you information, although you probably know.

Good to see you here Evie. Am I the only person who can almost always sneak in a glass of red wine on a DD? I like to think of it as one of my 5 a day.... I know, I am a bad influence, lol.

Old 10-14-2017, 03:27 PM   #10
Sharss
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sharss
Stats: 144/135/125/122 5'6 1/2" 75yr
WOE: SBD -> JUDDD
Start Date: 5/16/17
pOrtia, Iíll answer your questions in your favorite outline form.

1. My calorie count numbers are pretty irregular since Iím not focused on a particular set of numbers. ie. According to Dr. Johnsonís calculator, at my present weight the numbers are: 1416: 283

However, my calories numbers have been ranging anywhere from 1000 Ė 1250 on UDs and 600 Ė 700 on DDs. I donít snack on UDs except at night if my day calories have been too low, then bod wants more, I guess. Or if Iím awake all night, I get hungry around 2:30AM. So those numbers may be including those later snacks.

Strangely, if one adds my calorie numbers and Dr. Johnsonís calculator numbers, theyíre about equal. Go figure, huh?

I think this is working for me so far anyway could be due to Dr. Johnsonís reports of studies showing how low calorie folks lost weight. So basically Iíve put the two together Ė lower calories on UDs, but fasting for 18 hours. Not eating until 1:30PM on DDs is not negotiable. Iím strict on that.

2. Youíre probably right on what you are saying about exercising. Kissa is saying the same thing. I think Iíve been afraid of exercising and not getting my needed protein afterwards. One of the changes Iíve made in the last few months has been upping my protein which has been good for me. However, since itís harder for me to get enough protein in my DDs is one reason for higher calories on DDs now as I add protein snacks in late afternoon. Either yogurt with Ĺ scoop of Whey Protein or my infamous Smoothie.

Iíve been a breakfast eater my whole life Ė until starting JUDDD. I canít eat breakfast on DDs since my first meal is at 1:30PM. If on UDs I get hungier, than tough on me. I love my fried egg and two toast and lately my morning Smoothies.

3. I do not attempt to eat Low Carb, but am staying away from some foods that one on LC would. ie. Iíll wait until I meet goal to enjoy spaghetti, pizza, etc. within reason of course. I make sure I eat my vegetable. I hate vegetables. Carly pointed out once to someone that DDs are LC days and sheís right.

I hope I didnít give more information than you really wanted pOrtias!

Kissa. Thanks for your input! I did sleep better last night after drinking more water. Will continue to see if thatís really the case or coincidental. Yes, I am thrilled with my results!

2nd Long Term Goal 135 reached: 6/11/17
Sharss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 05:05 PM   #11
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: PACarolsue
Stats: 217/200/? 5'2"
WOE: Whatever Works
Start Date: Tomorrow
Quote:

. I am 70...
Are you talking about your AGE???? Just how old is that avatar pic??? You go girl!

I'm following your plan from here on in!!!

"The first step to solving a problem is to admit that one exists."
Dr Jason Fung
PACarolsue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 06:38 PM   #12
leonak
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: leonak
Stats: Goal Met July, 2015 - 112!!!!
Can a 74 year old gal join you?????????
Old 10-14-2017, 06:46 PM   #13
p0rtia
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonak View Post
Can a 74 year old gal join you?????????
Ha! There's only one answer to that--yes! I myself am 64, and what's a decade between friends?
Old 10-14-2017, 06:48 PM   #14
p0rtia
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACarolsue View Post
Are you talking about your AGE???? Just how old is that avatar pic??? You go girl!

I'm following your plan from here on in!!!
To me, Kissa/Cindy is a shining beacon of how to live and live right!

Old 10-14-2017, 06:55 PM   #15
p0rtia
Senior LCF Member

Day –2. Saturday night. Closing out the my first day back on LC, setting the stage for Monday, which will be Day 1. Gonna bring it home at about 1600 Kcals; about 30 carbs. Decided to do medium low carb, trying for 40-50 carbs a day. Anything less seems to restrictive right now. Need my green veg (had the best feta and romaine salad EVER). Will not be eating starches.
Old 10-14-2017, 07:24 PM   #16
p0rtia
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

p0rtia, have I mentioned the Pioppi 'Diet' by Aseem Malhotra? Do have a look at it while you are looking for a long term way of eating. I follow it to a degree and it is very doable and healthy. It incorporates one fasting day a week which I really like.
I will check it out. Right now, almost 30 months post-tipping point, I can say that moderate-low carb 4:3 suits me well--as long as I take summers off to enjoy the fresh garden fruit and veg. Next summer I must see how many carbs a day I actually eat.

And you remind me to reorder resveretrol. I was on it for six months and think it was my best six months in terms of pain management and energy. Time to check back in.

Thanks!
Old 10-15-2017, 08:38 AM   #17
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: PACarolsue
Stats: 217/200/? 5'2"
WOE: Whatever Works
Start Date: Tomorrow
Quote:
Originally Posted by p0rtia View Post
To me, Kissa/Cindy is a shining beacon of how to live and live right!

She sure is, as are many others here who are doing so well. It's always so surprising to hear how "young" many are!

"The first step to solving a problem is to admit that one exists."
Dr Jason Fung
PACarolsue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 09:18 AM   #18
quietnite
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: quietnite
Stats: 278/255/165
I'm all in on the challenge.

My commitment is to strict EOD rotations. My calculator numbers are 2146 UD and 644 DD. I don't currently exercise except fitbit steps due to nerve and knee pain, seeing back doc end of month. Really interested to see changes in pain levels after another month of strict rotations. I do low carb on DD and HDE on UD with it turning into mostly lowcarb recently.

Oh, and just to add to the challenge data, I am 57 years young

Thanks for the invitation!
quietnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 09:28 AM   #19
Kissa

Thank you for the kind remarks, I don't feel my age, and don't intend act it either, lol.

Leona is legend... get her to tell you about her exercise routing. I bow down before her.

I am about to change my avatar... The one with sunglasses was a year ago, the new one, without the sunnies was taken in Hanoi in March. I am so fortunate, I have wonderful life.

Old 10-15-2017, 10:15 AM   #20
quietnite
Senior LCF Member

Looking good, Kissa!
Old 10-15-2017, 11:25 AM   #21
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/113/100-110
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by PACarolsue View Post
Even Kissa's fabulous photographs can not do justice to her charisma and joie de vivre - it's a privilege to see her.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 02:29 PM   #22
Carly

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/126.8/125 5'1" 41yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD- maintaining since 2/2013
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Thank you for the kind remarks, I don't feel my age, and don't intend act it either, lol.

Leona is legend... get her to tell you about her exercise routing. I bow down before her.

I am about to change my avatar... The one with sunglasses was a year ago, the new one, without the sunnies was taken in Hanoi in March. I am so fortunate, I have wonderful life.
Love the new avi Cindy!!!!

I'll add a bit of data (via outline)

1) I take Resveratrol and Pterostilbene upon waking every day. I don't think they affect my sleep, but I wouldn't take them in the evening either. Pterostilbene gives me a bit of energy and focus. I don't feel that from Resveratrol.

2) I have no problem exercising fasted. I walked 6 miles in 2 hours today- in a fasted state.

3) Age- 41 years young- I want to grow up to be like Leona and Cindy

4) Still not 100% sure what the plan is going to be, but I've gotten away from entering my calories into a tracker and I think I'd like to try to get back to it, but not sure yet. I'm trying not to go back to an obsessive place, which I think I've broken out of right now. Below is the outline for the plan as of now:

5) Monday= DD, Tuesday= UD, Wednesday= Fast till dinner, but eat what's available, Thursday= UD, Friday= DD, Sat & Sun= Fast until at least 3pm. Week 2= Repeat, with the possibility of a few Stillman's days.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 03:09 PM   #23
p0rtia
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyWren View Post
I'll join, i'm away with family for two weeks but think I can be pretty strict. Plus no alcohol for me, at all - that's going to be my biggest challenge!
I love the idea of trying to keep the lid on when traveling. I myself have historically been the classic "oh well, I've blown it, I might as well REALLY blow it" type of person. Part of my upcoming maintenance strategy will surely be to not fall down this well. Some sort of moderation while traveling will be high on my list.

Quote:
pOrtia, Iíll answer your questions in your favorite outline form.

1. My calorie count numbers are pretty irregular since Iím not focused on a particular set of numbers. ie. According to Dr. Johnsonís calculator, at my present weight the numbers are: 1416: 283

However, my calories numbers have been ranging anywhere from 1000 Ė 1250 on UDs and 600 Ė 700 on DDs. I donít snack on UDs except at night if my day calories have been too low, then bod wants more, I guess. Or if Iím awake all night, I get hungry around 2:30AM. So those numbers may be including those later snacks.

Strangely, if one adds my calorie numbers and Dr. Johnsonís calculator numbers, theyíre about equal. Go figure, huh?

I think this is working for me so far anyway could be due to Dr. Johnsonís reports of studies showing how low calorie folks lost weight. So basically Iíve put the two together Ė lower calories on UDs, but fasting for 18 hours. Not eating until 1:30PM on DDs is not negotiable. Iím strict on that.
The above is very interesting. I don't think it's a coincidence that your total actual calories consumed = JUDDD numbers. I'm also interested in how you cope with your UD cals. Maybe you can comment in this thread over the next two weeks? Like many seriously obese people, the idea of trying to cope on 1200 cals/day gives me the shakes. I'm someone who will reduce her DD cals if it means keeing the UD cals UP! But then, I tolerate not eating at all extremely well.

So with you on not eating till 1:30. Somehow, knowing what works for other people helps, even when it's not what's working for me. I guess it just gives me knew ideas. Is there a reason you only do this on DDs?

Quote:
2. Youíre probably right on what you are saying about exercising. Kissa is saying the same thing. I think Iíve been afraid of exercising and not getting my needed protein afterwards. One of the changes Iíve made in the last few months has been upping my protein which has been good for me. However, since itís harder for me to get enough protein in my DDs is one reason for higher calories on DDs now as I add protein snacks in late afternoon. Either yogurt with Ĺ scoop of Whey Protein or my infamous Smoothie.
I hear you on the protein. This is the main reason I don't want to even think about using z-fasting for maintenance. And why, when I finished my z-fast yesterday, I went for a protein bar, made a sweet with oat fiber and whey protein, and had chicken for supper. I try to have 70 g a day on UDs, and at least 30 on DDs. You?

Also, do you buy into the "it takes more cals to metabolize protein, so it leaves room for carb/lipid cals"?

Quote:
Iíve been a breakfast eater my whole life Ė until starting JUDDD. I canít eat breakfast on DDs since my first meal is at 1:30PM. If on UDs I get hungier, than tough on me. I love my fried egg and two toast and lately my morning Smoothies.
I was too, because one of the silly things they tell obese people is "Your problem is you skip breakfast and that's what makes you hungry." Not slamming breakfast, of course, but this is just Not True. There are a lot of people like me for whom skipping breakfast (eating in an 8 hour window) is extremely healthy. I do like to have breakfast for lunch.

Quote:
3. I do not attempt to eat Low Carb, but am staying away from some foods that one on LC would. ie. Iíll wait until I meet goal to enjoy spaghetti, pizza, etc. within reason of course. I make sure I eat my vegetable. I hate vegetables. Carly pointed out once to someone that DDs are LC days and sheís right.
I've realized this summer that I love Moderately Low Carb. 40 or 50 or 70 carbs a day. I can see myself in maintenance going for the low carb pasta and always having my beloved fat head pizza, etc. I love salads and fruit. I'm not that crazy about the cabbage and broccoli end of the veg continuum (would never choose myself; only eat when someone else cooks it). I'm less interested in being in ketosis than I am in avoiding the carbs that make my joints ache and make me hungry and stress out my over-worked carb-processing organs. Give the pancreas a break is my motto.

Quote:
I hope I didnít give more information than you really wanted pOrtias!
OMG, this is what I was hoping this thread would be like! Lots of juicy detail on what other people are eating and thinking about day-to-day. I'm LOVING this, and I'm sure plenty of others will be too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietnite View Post
I'm all in on the challenge.

My commitment is to strict EOD rotations. My calculator numbers are 2146 UD and 644 DD. I don't currently exercise except fitbit steps due to nerve and knee pain, seeing back doc end of month. Really interested to see changes in pain levels after another month of strict rotations. I do low carb on DD and HDE on UD with it turning into mostly lowcarb recently.

Oh, and just to add to the challenge data, I am 57 years young

Thanks for the invitation!
This is great! I've been enjoying reading your posts this week. You seem like a level-headed person to me. Amiright?

Is MOnday an UD or a DD for you? Want to know who I'm in sync with. IT's a DD for me.

How many carbs per day are you aiming for? And by jingo I have no idea what HDE is. Please fill me in!

And welcome! I'm so pleased to make new friends.

Old 10-15-2017, 03:23 PM   #24
p0rtia
Senior LCF Member

Is it permitted to post this? It is from the web, originally from Chris Kresser's "Your Personal Paleo Code" (https://chriskresser.com/the-3-step-...ydrate-intake/)

Not a universal definition, but very useful to start the discussion of what people mean when they say LC.

Old 10-15-2017, 03:23 PM   #25
Kissa

This is all such fun.

Old 10-15-2017, 03:26 PM   #26
Kissa

Posting together, lol. My comment still holds.

I would say I generally live moderate carbs. Tonight however I was high carb. But that is the exception, and I can cope with this.

Old 10-15-2017, 03:43 PM   #27
p0rtia
Senior LCF Member

Kissa Glad you are enjoying it. Me too!

Re carbs: According to some charts, like this one, my 50 carbs per day that i'm calling "moderate" is in fact "low". If I eat 1700 cals per day, 10 percent would be 170 cals / 42.5* carbs.

This actually is a revelation for me in terms of the Future World of Maintenance. If 100 carbs a day is "moderate", I think that might be something for me to aim at, because it would be sustainable for me.

* Yes. that .5 is important!
Old 10-15-2017, 03:48 PM   #28
leonak
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: leonak
Stats: Goal Met July, 2015 - 112!!!!
Thanks for this thread Port!

I am starting on Monday with a ud (1600), my dd will be 800. Goal is to not see weight in the teens!!

Cindy - thanks for remembering my sit-ups! BUT I have stopped for now!! Wednesday evening I passed out, hit my left side of the head a couple times ( not sure ) ended up on the floor in the hall-wall from the bathroom. I must have fainted as I was coming out of the bathroom and must have hit my head on the door jam! DH thought I was dead. Now have a rather large bruise on the temple area, it is a bit yellow and blue-black. I just am not ‎Florence Nightingale ! Thought I best not do any exercise for the time being!

Last edited by leonak; 10-15-2017 at 03:59 PM..
leonak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 05:15 PM   #29
quietnite
Senior LCF Member

Monday is an UD for me. I am more level headed with the JUDDD calm than without

HDE is hunger directed eating. I'm rereading "SkinnyJeans" and trying to get healthy headed and not restrictive on UP Days which are harder for me than DD.

My cals are higher right now because I'm doing 30% during the first semester of school because historically I drop the ball on self-care and this year my #1 goal is to make it all the way through the school year not giving up on rotations or self-care when I get over-whelmed and stressed by school craziness. I'm soooo tired of getting to the end of the year at death's door having to retake scale ground because I gave up on self-care.

This year it is my number one goal.
Old 10-15-2017, 05:17 PM   #30
quietnite
Senior LCF Member

Wow, Leona, glad you are okay!