Parisfox
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Parisfox
Stats: 264/..../160
WOE: LC & VLC
Start Date: Repeat Offender!
10/01...251.6
10/02...251.0

Stan...I second what Terri said. I hope you never leave us. You are not only an inspiration.....your posts are SO enjoyable.

Michael....That goes for you too. No matter what Stan says. LOL

"I may give in, but I'll never give up!!"...

"Always keep people in your life who charge your battery, not those who drain it."
Parisfox is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2017, 10:13 AM   #32
Parisfox
Major LCF Poster!

Here's another good low-carb recipe. Cheap, easy, fast....Enjoy....

Primavera Stuffed Chicken

Ingredients

• 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
• 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
• kosher salt
• Freshly ground black pepper
• 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
• 1 zucchini, halved and thinly sliced into half moons
• 3 medium tomatoes, halved and thinly sliced into rounds
• 2 yellow bell peppers, thinly sliced
• 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
• 1 c. shredded mozzarella

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 400º. Place chicken on a cutting board and make 5 slits in each breast, being careful not to cut through completely. Drizzle oil over chicken and season with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.
2. Stuff each chicken breast with zucchini, tomato, bell pepper, and red onion.
3. Sprinkle each chicken breast with mozzarella.
4. Bake until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink, 25 minutes.
5. Serve.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Chicken Prim.jpg (25.0 KB, 8 views)

"Always keep people in your life who charge your battery, not those who drain it."
Old 10-02-2017, 12:17 PM   #33
Lylotte
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lylotte
Stats: This time around.. 355.5/281.7/150
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: This time around July 10, 2017
10/01 - 305
10/02 - 306.6. Huh?

On plan, eating well, good for calories, in ketosis. My body hates me. I thought we had agreed to leave this crap behind in September?

I went to the pharmacy and bought some water pills and some potassium and will see if it helps. I am going to research Mirena implant and see what's the deal. Also might see if I can claim my refill on the Metformin prescription.. it's overdue by a few months so it's possible maybe the pharmacy won't do it but maybe I could try again and hope it doesn't send me to the hospital again. I just don't know what else to do. I am like eating zero carb most days, IFing 20/4 everyday and egg fasting several days a week. I expected the bounce up after the fast but not a stall ever since. This is nuts. And no I'm not losing inches. I'm just stuck. All I can hope is it is water retention, despite no obvious edema on feet or hands and that it's something that I can over come with some meds. But my face and belly feel puffy and not like they should I guess.. I dunno.

Started back again July 10
July: 17.1/17.1
Aug: 18.6/35.7
Sept:14.8/50.5
Oct: 17.1/67.6
Lylotte is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 05:23 PM   #34
groovygiirl
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: groovygiirl
Stats: 320/241.0/220
Start Date: Aug 11 2016
Oct 1 - 241.0
Oct 2 - 242.4

bounce up from dinner out with my hubby this weekend I guess. Hopefully bounce downward tomorrow.

yep, I've actually been on this site off and on for over 14-15 years. I lowcarbed until I got pregnant with my daughter 14 years ago. Used to have a different username but couldn't remember it when I came back

Thanksgiving this weekend, so I'm making a lc bean dish to have with the turkey. Going to try and stay away from my favorites (stuffing and potatoes), will see how that goes.

Parisfox - the alfredo sauce sounds yummy! Going to try that this week.

Hope you all are having a good Monday!

Goals for October: 235 | 229
groovygiirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 05:46 AM   #35
Goldwingnut
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Goldwingnut
Stats: 322/185/185
WOE: LCHF w/I.F.
Start Date: Dec 29, 2016
TERRI and JUDY, thank you for your kind words. I assure you, they aren't deserved! I'm just trying to repay some of the encouragement I've received and maybe entertain myself along the way.

10/01/2017.. 198.4
10/02/2017.. 198.7
10/03/2017.. 197.9 Patience, Stanley.

Patience......

(See. I can do self talk too!)

Plan Perfection yesterday, Day Number 2. Today, yet another, repeat performance is on tap.

But here is a remarkable tale from yesterday: occasionally a day stands out from amongst all the other "I FEEL REALLY GOOD TODAY" days, and I don't know why. When that happens, it usually is a day of lighter activity, maybe a Saturday. And by the end of those excellent days, that almost EUPHORIC feeling of "all is well with the world" subsides with normal fatigue....and the usual 63 year old aches and pains. 'Thank you Lord, for another wonderful day' THOSE kinds of days are more and more regular after losing 120 pounds.

Not so, yesterday!

I went full bore, HARD at it.... all day long and just never felt even normal, much less tired. Not IRONMAN Competition or Triathlete kinda stuff mind you.... just the normal, workday kinda stuff that a self-employed, much younger man might do every day and never bat an eye. Well....I could NOT have done a day like yesterday a year ago, period. End of story. Not without 2 hours of moaning on my Lazy Boy at 5:00PM.... with a long ago reconstructed ankle screaming at me, TO STOP THIS MADNESS, NOW!!

LONG story, but I fell off my garage while roofing it in 1990.

Anyway, I would wish that you ALL might feel so amazing TODAY!

Have a GREAT Tuesday!

Last edited by Goldwingnut; 10-03-2017 at 05:52 AM..
Goldwingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 05:52 AM   #36
LowCarbAng
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LowCarbAng
Stats: 300/299/195
WOE: LCHF, Keto, IF
Start Date: Jan 1, 2017
9/30 295
10/1 294.4 burger, stuffed mushroom, baby-back ribs, veggies, HaloTop ice cream
10/2 292.4 shake, protein snack pack, sausage w/SF BBQ sauce
10/3 292.5 (planned) shake, rib meat w/SF BBQ sauce, broccoli, protein snack pack (Oscar Meyer), dinner??? (our PTO is giving us dinner so not sure. IF its sandwiches I might eat the innards...depends if I am hungry)

Its super early...before school. I only post in the mornings on my days off but I'm so busy and I want to keep posting for accountability. Thanks y'all.

Last night it was a bit of relaxing, grading, and creating an online video to add integers.
Tonight... OPEN HOUSE! I'll be home about 8 PM.

I started eating my chicken salad at lunch yesterday but ewww ...seemed a bit "off" so I tossed it and just ate my snack pack. These are those Oscar Meyer snack packs with cubes of meat, cheese and nuts or some combination of such. Very portion controlled. Yesterday it was turkey and cheese cubes and cashews.

I'm retaining water. I peed a lot on Sunday and then yesterday struggled to get my water/tea in and I could feel the swelling last night. I also cooked some really yummy looking flank steak last night but it was too tough so instead I ate the sausage DH cooked later. Its also time for a good BM

I'll catch up on Wednesday!!!!
LowCarbAng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 06:38 AM   #37
LJ-LC
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LJ-LC
Stats: 268.8/228.6/168
WOE: General LC
Start Date: July 15 2017
Oct 1/17 242.2
Oct 2/17 241.8
Oct 3/17 240.8

I'm liking Oct so far.....

Don't blame the butter for what the bread did!

40 lbs lost November 13/17
30 lbs lost October 13/17
20 lbs lost September 1/17
10 lbs lost August 5/17
start July 15/17
LJ-LC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 06:50 AM   #38
Bronwyn
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bronwyn
Stats: 242/184.5/150 (first goal)
10/01 187.0
10/02 187.5
10/03 187.5
Bronwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 06:51 AM   #39
eatbaconloseweight
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 360/217.4/199
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: January 8, 2017
10.1 231.7
10.2 230.6
10.3 229.1
NEW DECADE! WHOOP WHOOP!

Judy ... I need to make that alfredo recipe. I have a recipe pinned for some zero carb egg noodles made w/ egg and cream cheese .... your sauce could be just what it needs.

Ang ... you're around Houston right? Are things fairly back to normal there?

NuttyStan .... I see you sitting in onederland. You'd better be saving me a space!

Everybody else ... hola!!

I know I sound like a broken record, but I try coming here every day to read and post .. I always read (and cheer internally!!) but sometimes I forget to add my weight and then adult ADD sets in and I'm off somewhere else. But I'm always cheering you losers!

Here's my transformation tuesday pic if you care to check me out: https://www.instagram.com/p/BZyTUYOh...aconloseweight
Old 10-03-2017, 07:02 AM   #40
Sammi
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sammi
Stats: 261/204/140
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: July 2013
10/01-211.6
10/02-211.6
10/03-211

Good job Holly,
Judy I’m going to try your recipes, they look delicious.
Old 10-03-2017, 07:06 AM   #41
Terri B
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Terri B
Stats: 295/220/190 6'0"
WOE: LC/I.F.
Start Date: 4/26/12
Oct 1 - 237.5
Oct 2 - 237.5
Oct 3 - 238.5

And there's the bounce.

UGH. It better stay away!

Gotta go. Drama at work. People quitting left and right. ugh. It's gonna get tough.

Happy Tuesday though!

[/SIG[SIGPIC]PIC]
Terri B is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 07:25 AM   #42
michaeldpotter
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: michaeldpotter
Stats: 283/234/200
WOE: LC/HF with IF
Start Date: June 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parisfox View Post
Michael....That goes for you too. No matter what Stan says. LOL
haha! I filter most of what he says. It's one of two things: lame insults, or very useful information. There really isn't any in between ground. hahaha!

#ilovestan
Old 10-03-2017, 07:29 AM   #43
michaeldpotter
Senior LCF Member

10/1/17 242.6
10/2/17 243.9
10/3/17 242.7

Back on track.

Also, I screwed up on my stretch goal for this month. It should have been "Get into the 220s" not "Get into the 230s".

That would be amazing to get down there. I can't remember the last time I would have weighed in that range. 8th grade maybe? haha!

Stan just sent me a recipe he is going to try for "Keto Bread". It looks awesome! Can't wait to hear how it tastes. #omnomnom
Old 10-03-2017, 08:08 AM   #44
kind
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kind
WOE: >
Start Date: April1 2013
Oct.1st.>119
Oct.2nd>118
Oct.3rd>117

*Still fasting and feeling great.
Walked 4 miles and I also joged 2 miles
This is going to be a good month for all.

Holly, Great job.
Our bodies are a wonderful thing, And It can heal itself . Just have to feed it good things, and work to help it get back.
Do what works for you. Some times it takes a few trys .
Loseing weight and exersiceing is the key. And lets Not forget Wil power and also another key> Wanting to.
kind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 08:54 AM   #45
Lylotte
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lylotte
Stats: This time around.. 355.5/281.7/150
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: This time around July 10, 2017
10/01 - 305
10/02 - 306.6
10/03 - 307.8

I'm sitting here bawling my eyes out. I don't understand what the hell I've done to deserve this. I literally have not cheated a day, a meal, a mouthful since starting back again on July10. Nothing. Everything is in check. IF, keto, ketosis, calories. I feel like I am being punished for a crime I didn't commit. I took water pills yesterday, magnesium, potassium, ate only in a 4 hour window, had egg salad and a small salad with some bacon and drank water. I already know retaining water and plenty of it and yet my weight just keeps going up. I don't know what to do. I am literally in tears. I've never never had this kind of issue with low carbing. I am normally have a little stall mid cycle and right as TOM comes and that's it. I just don't know what to do. What can I control to make the situation better. I am so sad and I know it sounds stupid but I mean I'm just too fat for this to happen. It doesn't make sense. There is something not right. And don't feed me the line about Atkins says it isn't a stall unless... I am gaining.. not stall, gaining. And for no reason and I feel like stalls is the kind of thing that happens when you are much closer to goal or aren't being as strict as you think you are. Argh I just.. it hurts to come on here everyday and see everyone break through their struggle and I can't. To see those who consistently don't have problems and I do.. and yet I'm so happy for you and all your successes. I just need to take a break from here. I need to just go feel sorry for myself as I don't think I'm good company right now. i feel like I'm just a Debbie Downer. Thanks for listening.

And don't worry I'm not going to carb binge. Eventually the scale will move and I'll feel better and I'll be back.

I just re-read this over and realized that I'm acting like one of my twins when they are losing a board game and they get all sour and mad, then as soon as they start winning again they get a wicked grin on their face and get giddy and happy. So yeah, I'm pretty much just acting like a 5 year old. Better than acting like a 2 year old though right?

Started back again July 10
July: 17.1/17.1
Aug: 18.6/35.7
Sept:14.8/50.5
Oct: 17.1/67.6
Lylotte is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 09:04 AM   #46
Goldwingnut
Senior LCF Member

PLENTY of room for everybody, here in Onederland!

(Except you know who... He's mean!)

("Lame Insults..." Hurtful, that is right there.)

(I'm soooooo sensitive.)

Holly, I'm just excited for you, cuz I KNOW how it feels! And Ang! You're moving in the right direction!

Terri, that is one tiny bounce! It's possible you didn't bounce at all, not fat that is. You lose more water in a fast that you (or I) might like, but even if you DO actually put on a little fat, which I doubt.... Finding Mister Mojo wandering in off the street can't be a bad thing, right? Your fast 48 idea came around at the right time for this former fatso. I've never lost my MOJO (partly because of this place) but this EASILY DONE Fast 48 definitely got him all fizzed up again!

If you happen to be a lurker, that just can't seem to find your VERY OWN MOJO, he's here along with his cousins....on these pages....waiting to be caught. And it doesn't need a treble hook with live bait. He's more like a virus you can catch by not washing your hands.

Success Be's Contagious, and that's not Shakespeare. And you's who likes to Pray, let's us offer one up for Charlotte. There's an answer out there.... for her recent stall. She's tryin' so hard.... And if you don't know how to Pray, YOU TOO CAN LEARN. Now'd be a reeeeeeally good time, hint hint.

(Yes, Charlotte. We DO notice and wanna help! ALL of us....)

(Group Pause Here... for some you know what-ing.....)

Speaking of MOJO, Does anybody have more than KIND? Man oh man, I wanna get me some of THAT Final Sprint kind of determination!

I watched a YouTube video where a woman fall early on in a mid-distance race (mile maybe?) who got up, and started gaining on the pack....from last....to 5th...to 4th and so on....finally winning the race by a nose. If Kind who is just 1 (one!) Chinese Buffet over her ideal weight isn't satisfied... Well if that doesn't inspire you, check your pulse.

And KIND, THAT was a great post!!

This tiny little group has some serious losers. Come join us! You don't need to be 100 pounds overfueled!

It's obvious I'm stalling again. Gotta go do an unpleasant job now.

Keep a hammerin' troops.
Old 10-03-2017, 09:05 AM   #47
michaeldpotter
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lylotte View Post
10/01 - 305
10/02 - 306.6
10/03 - 307.8

I'm sitting here bawling my eyes out. I don't understand what the hell I've done to deserve this. I literally have not cheated a day, a meal, a mouthful since starting back again on July10. Nothing. Everything is in check. IF, keto, ketosis, calories. I feel like I am being punished for a crime I didn't commit. I took water pills yesterday, magnesium, potassium, ate only in a 4 hour window, had egg salad and a small salad with some bacon and drank water. I already know retaining water and plenty of it and yet my weight just keeps going up. I don't know what to do. I am literally in tears. I've never never had this kind of issue with low carbing. I am normally have a little stall mid cycle and right as TOM comes and that's it. I just don't know what to do. What can I control to make the situation better. I am so sad and I know it sounds stupid but I mean I'm just too fat for this to happen. It doesn't make sense. There is something not right. And don't feed me the line about Atkins says it isn't a stall unless... I am gaining.. not stall, gaining. And for no reason and I feel like stalls is the kind of thing that happens when you are much closer to goal or aren't being as strict as you think you are. Argh I just.. it hurts to come on here everyday and see everyone break through their struggle and I can't. To see those who consistently don't have problems and I do.. and yet I'm so happy for you and all your successes. I just need to take a break from here. I need to just go feel sorry for myself as I don't think I'm good company right now. i feel like I'm just a Debbie Downer. Thanks for listening.

And don't worry I'm not going to carb binge. Eventually the scale will move and I'll feel better and I'll be back.

I just re-read this over and realized that I'm acting like one of my twins when they are losing a board game and they get all sour and mad, then as soon as they start winning again they get a wicked grin on their face and get giddy and happy. So yeah, I'm pretty much just acting like a 5 year old. Better than acting like a 2 year old though right?
Charlotte, I am so sorry you are going through this. That has to be incredibly frustrating to work so hard and have things not go your way.

Please don't leave us though! You can act like a 5 year old every day, I don't care.
Old 10-03-2017, 09:34 AM   #48
LJ-LC
Senior LCF Member

Charlotte, I feel your pain. That is how I felt in September when things just seemed to go sideways. I started to doubt every action I was taking. When I see your meals, I'm wondering if you aren't eating enough? It feels so counterintuitive, but my body rebels when I cut back too far. I was in despair last month (and it could happen again) because I have too much to lose to get slowed/stopped now. But I think my body just needed a pause, and you have been doing so fantastic, maybe yours needs a breather too. I know this doesn't help, but we are with you. Don't give up.

10 lbs lost August 5/17
start July 15/17
Old 10-03-2017, 09:56 AM   #49
Terri B
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Terri B
Stats: 295/220/190 6'0"
WOE: LC/I.F.
Start Date: 4/26/12
Charlotte, the only advise I can give is: Post your food here. EVERYTHING that goes into your mouth. Maybe someone here can spot an issue that's lurking in the shadows.

Can't hurt, right?

Hang in there!

[/SIG[SIGPIC]PIC]
Terri B is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 10:39 AM   #50
Parisfox
Major LCF Poster!

10/01...251.6
10/02...251.0
10/03...251.8...Was on plan, but ate too much.

Holly...CONGRATS on the new decade. Please post your noodle recipe. Sounds like something I'd try. I checked out your before and now pics. WOW!!! You and Stan are living proof that this WOE really works!!

Terri...

Michael....I know the bantering between you and Stan is good natured and done tongue-in-cheek. Keep it coming.

Stan...If the Keto Bread recipe turns out good, please post it.

Charlotte......I pray that you find what you need, but I do wish you would keep coming here. Terri had a good idea. Post a "normal" days meal (or a couple of days) and maybe someone will see something that would help you.

Gotta run.....Congrats to all the losers. KUTGW!!

Old 10-03-2017, 11:18 AM   #51
Bloodhound
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bloodhound
Stats: 252.2/200.4/149.0/5'3"
WOE: LC
Start Date: 11/28/2016
09/01: 202.0
10/01: 206.8
10/02: 206.4
10/03: 207.0

Goals:
199 Onderland! Last here in 2013.
179 Last here in 2010.
169 At this point I won't be obese anymore!
149 Final Goal! Last here in 2008.
Bloodhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 11:42 AM   #52
kvs03
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kvs03
Stats: 234/230.2/145
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: October 2017
I'm new here, but could use some accountability so-----

Goal by October 31: 214

Oct 1: 234.1
Oct 2: DNW
Oct 3: 230.2
kvs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 11:59 AM   #53
eatbaconloseweight
Senior LCF Member

Judy ...

I haven't tried it yet, but here it is:

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/606930487254553238/
Old 10-03-2017, 12:01 PM   #54
eatbaconloseweight
Senior LCF Member

Judy ...

I haven't tried it yet, but here it is:

Ingredients

1 ounce cream cheese, room temperature
2 eggs, room temperature
1/4 teaspoon wheat gluten, may omit but it creates a better texture

Instructions
Preheat the oven to 325F.
Add the cream cheese, eggs, and gluten to the jar of a blender.
Blend on high for 1 minute, or until smooth.
Pour our on a silicone mat that's placed on top of a heavy baking pan.
Smooth out into a rectangle, keeping the batter very thin.
Bake at 325F for 5 minutes, or until set. DON'T over-bake!
Remove from oven and let set for a couple of minutes before cutting and using as desired. These are best if they are gently simmered in a sauce or broth for a few minutes.
Old 10-03-2017, 01:17 PM   #55
Goldwingnut
Senior LCF Member

kvs03 WELCOME!!!!

Glad you came aboard!
Old 10-03-2017, 03:54 PM   #56
groovygiirl
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: groovygiirl
Stats: 320/241.0/220
Start Date: Aug 11 2016
Oct 1 - 241.0
Oct 2 - 242.4
Oct 3 - 242.4

Charlotte I feel for ya, stick with it, I'm sure it's just a bump in the road

kvs03

Goals for October: 235 | 229
groovygiirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 04:26 AM   #57
LetItGo
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LetItGo
Stats: 245/173/150
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: Started LCHF April 1, 2017
10/1 - 170
10/2 - 171.6
10/3 - 171.6
10/4 - 172.6

Crazy busy at work yesterday, it was a 14 hr day. Probably the same today.
Did I tell you guys about the Avocado Festival we have here in my small town?
It's huuuge and lots of fun, looking forward to it this weekend. https://avofest.com/

Charlotte, I'm sorry you're so down. This is exactly the place where you're allowed to let your hair down and cry if you need to. We're all here to help each other and ourselves and I see nothing but a whole lot of love for you, sooooo....... why would you wanna leave us?

kvs03
Old 10-04-2017, 04:58 AM   #58
LJ-LC
Senior LCF Member

Oct 1/17 242.2
Oct 2/17 241.8
Oct 3/17 240.8
Oct 4/17 241.2

Below freezing last night but hot as summer today. The joys of being Canadian

10 lbs lost August 5/17
start July 15/17
Old 10-04-2017, 05:52 AM   #59
eatbaconloseweight
Senior LCF Member

10.1 231.7
10.2 230.6
10.3 229.1
10.4 228.0
Old 10-04-2017, 06:00 AM   #60
Goldwingnut
Senior LCF Member

10/01/2017.. 198.4
10/02/2017.. 198.7
10/03/2017.. 197.9
10/04/2017.. 197.3 I'm happy with that number.

Not much bounce this week from The Fast 45* but I'm not sure why. I am reducing the size of my salad which had gradually grown from XXL to Ginormous. We'll see, but I knew I needed a tweak.

I mismanaged my time at work yesterday, which means today has to be a Grand Slam Home Run.

Too busy to post much else.

Onward.

* Was posta be The Fast 48. But I screwed up.

Last edited by Goldwingnut; 10-04-2017 at 06:02 AM..