Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 01-13-2017, 07:10 AM   #241
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: PACarolsue
Stats: 217/199/? 5'2"
WOE: Whatever Works
Start Date: Tomorrow
Today is one of those days when I'm afraid to get on the scale. I "feel" fat, and don't want to see it in big glaring numbers. My feeling would be hurt.

GB, as I see it, men never have to worry about weight. Women seem to not really care about a guy's weight to a point. Mobid Obesity is a different story. They might like to look at a guy who is ripped, but for a mate, they would prefer a guy who is just average, not so into himself. I know I wouldn't want to marry someone who looked great, just to find out afterwards that he was doing it just to attract women and then after marriage he just gave up and let himself go. I want to see what I'm getting up front.

So Kris, you ARE doing it right, except for the guilt over the slips. Once you get a rhythm going with up days and down days you will be home free. Just remember, the up days are not meant to be a pig out, just a little more lenient.

This morning I read an article about how important exercise is, not for weight loss, but for health. It said that inactivity was worse than smoking! It told how bad inactivity is for promoting things like Alzheimers. I thought about you and your walking/running. Even though you don't get to do it every day, it's something you do often and that's key. I wish I could post the link, but I know this site does not allow some links, and I don't want to get in trouble. It was a very interesting article. Made me want to get up and exercise, but I got over it. LOL

Yeah, I also noticed that Seabreezes is jumping in with both feet. We need the variety. It's the spice of life and her info is interesting, too.

"The first step to solving a problem is to admit that one exists."
Dr Jason Fung

Last edited by PACarolsue; 01-13-2017 at 07:12 AM..
PACarolsue is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2017, 07:31 AM   #242
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: schaferk
Stats: 165/134/125
WOE: Atkins/protein Power
Start Date: 1975
PAC I guess we'll just both look forward to weighing tomorrow and not think about today I wanted to say that usually, as a way of life I do exercise everyday. I know I've posted some about not being able to everyday but most days I do. It is very important for good health; I've read those articles and I really do believe that & have really made it a priority for myself. I watched my mother die young and believe that lack of movement was a factor. If I have to go to the mall and just walk I will but not my fav! That's why I'm braving the elements today

I'm going to try cooking seasoned pork back ribs in the oven today (for the first time). Any suggestions?? I plan to cook 3 hrs, 300 degrees in foil, then add sauce for 30 more minutes back in oven. Then reduce sauce/dripping mix in a sauce pan, then spread back on ribs and broil for 3 minutes. (I won't be putting a slob of sauce back on my portion of course) but there will have been some BBQ flavor/carbs infused I suppose.
8 Nov 2017 - 145.5
9 Nov 2017 - 144.5
10 Nov 2017 - 143
schaferk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 08:33 AM   #243
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GoBahnsen
Stats: Have lost 42 lbs since Nov.19, 2013
WOE: Low carb my way
Start Date: 188 as of March 5, 2014 6'2"
Quote:
Originally Posted by PACarolsue View Post
Today is one of those days when I'm afraid to get on the scale. I "feel" fat, and don't want to see it in big glaring numbers. My feeling would be hurt.

GB, as I see it, men never have to worry about weight. Women seem to not really care about a guy's weight to a point. Mobid Obesity is a different story. They might like to look at a guy who is ripped, but for a mate, they would prefer a guy who is just average, not so into himself. I know I wouldn't want to marry someone who looked great, just to find out afterwards that he was doing it just to attract women and then after marriage he just gave up and let himself go. I want to see what I'm getting up front.

So Kris, you ARE doing it right, except for the guilt over the slips. Once you get a rhythm going with up days and down days you will be home free. Just remember, the up days are not meant to be a pig out, just a little more lenient.

This morning I read an article about how important exercise is, not for weight loss, but for health. It said that inactivity was worse than smoking! It told how bad inactivity is for promoting things like Alzheimers. I thought about you and your walking/running. Even though you don't get to do it every day, it's something you do often and that's key. I wish I could post the link, but I know this site does not allow some links, and I don't want to get in trouble. It was a very interesting article. Made me want to get up and exercise, but I got over it. LOL

Yeah, I also noticed that Seabreezes is jumping in with both feet. We need the variety. It's the spice of life and her info is interesting, too.
Hi guys Even tho you're not guys I hear ya PAC, after having gone thru my season of vanity, thinking women really liked to see a ripped guy, I came to the conclusion that women are smart enough to see thru a guy who has put soooo much work into his body.

Now....there are some guys who are both ripped and humble at the same time, but ya gotta believe that so many shirtless guys are insecure and hungry for approval, etc. Not the kind of qualities that sustain a good relationship.

My shirtless days are over. And even if I could do it over again, I wouldn't. I feel embarrassed for myself that I made efforts to be seen and noticed. I thot I might find life there. Because before you actually experience it, you don't know what it is experimentally.

I found myself to be like Solomon after my experience of getting compliments and some hoots and more smiles from women than in my fat days....it is all vanity and vexation of soul. Fear God and keep His commandments. That's the sum of the matter.

I'd still like to be in shape over and against what I am now, but I can't bend over backwards for it anymore. I'm just trying to keep the cobwebs swept out.

I'm sitting here with both a Rife device and PEMF going at the same time. I want to be a part of those strange people who talk on videos about how they were healed with frequency generators, etc.

But I'm not saying it should be for everyone in every case. I think when one attacks cancer or any disease, it's important to believe in what you're doing. Even if it will ultimately fail, the body is going to respond better where there is hope and faith.

So if someone thinks I'm involved in quackery right now, well then....I certainly wouldn't recommend they do what I am doing. Because I think their cynicism and negativity would be counter-productive to their own therapy of choice.

I'm not an advocate of the power of positive thinking. Because I think we can be positively wrong and pay the price for it. That said....negativity isn't what humans were built for. Love believes all things. Not that being gullible is cool, but rather having an attitude of expectancy and hope for the best.

Someone might mess up, but love holds out hope for them. Anyway....I'm rambling now, so I will stop. Have a great LC day friends.
Old 01-13-2017, 05:11 PM   #244
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

Cant wait to see you on your video GB teaching others how to treat their cancers!

Where did this day go?!? Well I spent too long in the kithen A 3 mile walk in the freezing cold, dressed double and it wasn't too bad. Then came home and did the ribs which turned out great. Had some very old Waldens no-carb bar B Q sauce in the fridge which was pretty good actually. I had half a glass of skim milk, a couple home made baked sweet potatoe fries with Rosemary & olive oil, a small salad & 3 ribs. I made a bunch of food and it took a long time. My carbs probably added up to 20 or 30, adds up so fast. Ate later than usual, but won't eat anything else for at least 16 hrs. Toddlers are spending the night tomorrow so busy day ahead & probably a pizza in my near future. But I plan to mostly eat the top and only half of my usual pizza portion

Have a good weekend my dear friends
8 Nov 2017 - 145.5
9 Nov 2017 - 144.5
10 Nov 2017 - 143
Old 01-13-2017, 06:25 PM   #245
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by schaferk View Post
Cant wait to see you on your video GB teaching others how to treat their cancers!

Where did this day go?!? Well I spent too long in the kithen A 3 mile walk in the freezing cold, dressed double and it wasn't too bad. Then came home and did the ribs which turned out great. Had some very old Waldens no-carb bar B Q sauce in the fridge which was pretty good actually. I had half a glass of skim milk, a couple home made baked sweet potatoe fries with Rosemary & olive oil, a small salad & 3 ribs. I made a bunch of food and it took a long time. My carbs probably added up to 20 or 30, adds up so fast. Ate later than usual, but won't eat anything else for at least 16 hrs. Toddlers are spending the night tomorrow so busy day ahead & probably a pizza in my near future. But I plan to mostly eat the top and only half of my usual pizza portion

Have a good weekend my dear friends
Sounds like you're doing good Kris You know, at first I thot I was gonna be able to offer a lot (if I beat this cancer), but I have come to find out that so many others have already stole the thunder, so to speak.

I mean the vi9does available to listen to people who changed their diet and did this or that and turned stage 4 cancer around....are sooooo many.

And I'm glad. We'd all like to make our own splash and wow folks, but I will be just another story. Darn!!! I want to be exceptional

It's like telling people about Jesus, 100 million have beat ya to it. It's to the point that we get nervous to tell people their sins can be forgiven. "yeah, yeah, yeah./....I heard all that,...you just want money right?"

But I will make the you tube video anyway. I don't have to be special. Still....I have to beat this cancer first or it won't be encouraging enough.

Darn, there is this one cute young girl who I heard about when I first got diagnosed. She had sarcoma and the doctors in Australia did some stuff with chemo that our American doctors would never be able to.

And instead of getting her arm chopped off, she kept it and all was going well and she was eating clean and blogging about it.....and well....darn it....she died. She wasn't even 30.

Her story has sent ripples thru the alternative community. She was so cute and full of life. It really ticks me off

Anyway, it does confirm to me that just changing one's diet and taking supplements may not be enough. It might take 10,000 gauss and then some.

I miss that little girl
Old 01-14-2017, 05:14 AM   #246
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

GB, it's not important if others may think you're involved in quackery. This is your life, and your decision. So much progress in medicine would not have been made if someone didn't go out on a limb and try. I am rooting for you, and by rooting, I mean praying. Praying that you are making the right choice for you. The story of the young woman, well, I have to feel that she has gone to a better place. God was ready for her. This life on earth is just temporary for us.

I don't think the problem lies in doing what it takes to be buff, but it should be for the right reasons. Take care of the body God has given you. Do whatever it takes to make you feel better about yourself, give you better self esteem. But not for the purpose of attracting the opposite sex, like "Hey look at me!" DH is very modest and only goes shirtless on the beach. To him, going out in the front yard without a shirt is nudity. He even feels that going out in the yard in a white T-shirt is going out in your underwear. He never worked out and was never ripped, but he is constantly doing physical work and isn't in bad shape for 74. Little bit of a gut, but that's from his love of sweets. Compared to him, his younger brother looks 8 1/2 months pregnant.

Kris, I love putting pizza toppings in a salad. Don't get me wrong. I prefer to have them on the crust, but for the sake of my blood sugar I find that I can get the pizza taste without all the carbs. Good job on the walk in the freezing cold. They say shivering helps you burn more calories. Ha Ha All these things they say to make us feel better about our suffering.

Dr Jason Fung
Old 01-14-2017, 06:23 AM   #247
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

PAC That was the coldest I had tried walking outside, just didn't want to take the time to go to the mall.

A little bad news - I'm up 2 pounds?? Honestly for ME, I've been super "good" but it's a learning experience. I've been confessing everything I eat to you all & keeping a written journal) the last week and it's a lesson that I can't do the 30 carbs per day without a bounce up. All the little bites of pasta, skim milk, sweet potatoes, half pc of bread, etc that I've had the last couple days caught up with me. Thought I could safely do 20 to 35 carbs daily and still lose but when the 'bounce up' happens with me it means a gain & I'll be several days of zero carb to fix it and stay on the losing line I drew on my chart I let a losing streak and fitting into a pair of smaller jeans go to my head. It makes me feel like I'm back at work - always putting out fires to get back to where I was so I can progress. Forgive me for being chattier than usual but I'm really trying to learn from this time around and I'm staying home a lot more ever then before so I'm pouring out feelings Love you all!
8 Nov 2017 - 145.5
9 Nov 2017 - 144.5
10 Nov 2017 - 143

Last edited by schaferk; 01-14-2017 at 06:25 AM..
Old 01-14-2017, 12:10 PM   #248
Seabreezes
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Schaferk...remeber we are females! The numbers go all over the place. At JUDDD we have a saying "the pants don't lie"! As long as clothes fit or get looser, something good is happening.

It's another beautiful day here. The temps were about 88 yesterday. I'm off to the gym and errands this morning. Going to try to wait until 3PM to eat today. If I keep busy it can be done.....

We leave 2 weeks from today for a long cruise. I would definitely like to be few pounds less! I also said that 2 months ago! I'm on heart meds that are new. That is not helping with weight loss, but if they do their job, my heart is supposed to get stronger and then keeping weight lower will be easier. It appears a virus attacked the heart and I wasn't aware of it until I started not having my usual energy. Angioplasty showed no blockages which at my age is apparently amazing.

Sending more healing thoughts, GB.

Enjoy the grandbabies P...

PAC....enjoy your weekend, too.

Old 01-14-2017, 12:24 PM   #249
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Seabreezes, thank God you have no blockages! My step-son had a virus attack his heart and he had to get an artificial valve in his 40's. They said his arteries were "pristine" but the virus did a number on him. He was lucky it was caught during his annual work physical. They said his heart was starting to enlarge.

What is this? You live in paradise and are going on a cruise. LOL Life is not fair! And Kris and I are dealing with our winter weather.

Kris, I know all about the little bites here and there. I am dealing with them too. Just hang on. You are doing this. Baby steps lead to giant steps. The scale was up 2 lbs for me today. I'm pretending I didn't see it, hoping it's back down tomorrow. I also thought I was doing well.

Dr Jason Fung
Old 01-14-2017, 01:53 PM   #250
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabreezes View Post
Schaferk...remeber we are females! The numbers go all over the place. At JUDDD we have a saying "the pants don't lie"! As long as clothes fit or get looser, something good is happening.

It's another beautiful day here. The temps were about 88 yesterday. I'm off to the gym and errands this morning. Going to try to wait until 3PM to eat today. If I keep busy it can be done.....

We leave 2 weeks from today for a long cruise. I would definitely like to be few pounds less! I also said that 2 months ago! I'm on heart meds that are new. That is not helping with weight loss, but if they do their job, my heart is supposed to get stronger and then keeping weight lower will be easier. It appears a virus attacked the heart and I wasn't aware of it until I started not having my usual energy. Angioplasty showed no blockages which at my age is apparently amazing.

Sending more healing thoughts, GB.

Enjoy the grandbabies P...

PAC....enjoy your weekend, too.

Praying for you too SB, right now. Your health is a case in point that cancer isn't some special malady. There are so many things leading us off into eternity.

Once we rea;ize that we aren't kids anymore, it's just a wait and see game as to what takes us out of this reality into the next one.

One of the cool things I am finding out in my quest for the cure is that once you are trying to kill cancer....and if you are on a solid path to doing so, practically all other diseases are a walk in the park and are curable.

That's just my opinion. My Rife device has frequency programs built into it for hundreds of diseases. It has heart programs which no doubt target these viruses that damage heart valves.

I'm not pushing anything, but viruses and microbes are where we need to be looking at. As I have said before, my biggest gun is on the way, ozone. Anyone can quickly learn ozone therapy and apply a solid method at home.

Ozone appears to be the mother of therapies.
Old 01-15-2017, 07:22 AM   #251
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Seabreezes, thank God you have no blockages! My step-son had a virus attack his heart and he had to get an artificial valve in his 40's. They said his arteries were "pristine" but the virus did a number on him. He was lucky it was caught during his annual work physical. They said his heart was starting to enlarge.

What is this? You live in paradise and are going on a cruise. LOL Life is not fair! And Kris and I are dealing with our winter weather.

Kris, I know all about the little bites here and there. I am dealing with them too. Just hang on. You are doing this. Baby steps lead to giant steps. The scale was up 2 lbs for me today. I'm pretending I didn't see it, hoping it's back down tomorrow. I also thought I was doing well.
Hi guys. How is everyone this morning? I love Sundays. It's fun to go to church. I used to not like it, but we found a new one a few years ago and now I like it. But I think part of it too is just me growing up and coming to grips with my own self-centeredness.

I don't know why I grew up so selfish. I'm good at hiding it so people will like me. People don't like selfish people do they? It's kind of universal it seems. If someone famous dies, you always hear how giving they were, etc. Unless of course they were so selfish that no one can praise their character.

Anyway, there's my Sunday morning reflections. Hope you guys have a great Sunday and good success with what you put in your tummies. Life is good. Let's not let it pass us by without doing some good
Old 01-15-2017, 10:04 AM   #252
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Sunday to you, too GB, and Kris and Seabreezes, too. It's a nice sunny day here today. Still a little chilly at 37 degrees, but what do I expect in winter in PA?

I think most people are selfish to a point. I am, I know it. One of the sins I have to pray about regularly. It seems to me that when anyone dies, everybody says what a nice person they were, would give you the shirt off their back, etc. No one ever says he was a dirty rotten scoundrel. It's not nice to say bad things about the dead. I want to be liked. I try to be nice, but not to the point that I have to give up who I really am. Take me or leave me, and some have left. Whatever. Their loss, I say.

I am embarking on a new plan of eating, in an effort to get better control over my diabetes. What I am doing now isn't working. I am giving this new plan 2 weeks. It is said that changes will start to occur as soon as 4 days, or maybe longer for someone with higher blood sugar readings. I fall into that category. After that my blood sugar should improve, and weight loss should follow. It's still low carb, just different eating and exercise scheduling. Should be easier for me to stick to rather than Keto or longer periods of fasting. We shall see. I should start to see changes by the end of January.

Dr Jason Fung
Old 01-15-2017, 11:25 AM   #253
Seabreezes
Major LCF Poster!

Good luck on your new eating style. I hope it works! Let us know.....

A beautiful morning here. We meet up with friends for Sunday breakfast every Sunday if we are all in town. We eat outside by the beach and just enjoy the morning. It definitely throws out dieting for the day as I am always starving by early afternoon if I eat early! It doesn't make any difference if I have all protein or a waffle! There are definitely much worse problems to have, though!! Fortunately it is usually easy to make Monday a day of little food.

Enjoy your day!
Old 01-15-2017, 12:26 PM   #254
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning Friends and Happy Sunday to you all! I'm a bit late getting in here today since the toddlers were here. Just took them home. It's quite a "fast and busy" time when they are here, totally wears us out. At least they slept thru the night but DH & I really don't sleep that well when they stay here. We are just recuperating right now. Should go walk outside but not sure I have it in me Ice storm should hit tomorrow so there will be no walking for a couple days but today should still be fine.

Good Luck with the new plan PAC. I hope it works out for you and do keep us posted!! I'm not sure if whatever I'm doing is working or not. Haven't really had a great big picture loss with the bounce back up. Didn't get to weigh today but I don't eat much when kids are here, too busy. Did have the 2 pc of pizza last night with a diet pop but no snacks, alcohol, or anything. Will see if the hurt me?? I don't feel 'skinny' by any means just feel like a blur.

Wow sounds great where you are Seabreezes. Can't go wrong with Hawaii. I've vacationed there 3 or 4 times. Love it so much but don't like the long flights from IL so go to Mexico more often. Took a cruise to HA a couple of times out of CA. It is paradise!!

I love Sundays too GB. Now that we've taken the boys home it will be a pretty relaxing time for us the rest of the day I think. I should MAKE myself go walk before I get too comfy on this couch with a Lifetime movie
8 Nov 2017 - 145.5
9 Nov 2017 - 144.5
10 Nov 2017 - 143

Last edited by schaferk; 01-15-2017 at 12:27 PM..
Old 01-15-2017, 01:37 PM   #255
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Oh, Kris, I am terrible when DGS is here. He never wants to go to bed and DH lets him do what he wants. And I can't sleep well when he's here because I'm always listening for him. The dog doesn't like him, so we have to put up a gate so the dog can't get into his room, and I'm always afraid that DGS will wake up and try to come out the gate. He's 8 years old, so doesn't need the gate, but just want him to stay away from Rusty when we're not around. I'm not sure he understands that because he has a dog who is gentle as a lamb. Rusty is ok if DGS is quiet and doesn't run. Ha Ha Ha Like that's ever going to happen!!

Also, one night my step son woke up to their security alarm ringing. Here, DGS was sleep walking and opened the door to go outside. Thank God they had the alarm, but we don't have one. The only alarm we have is the dog barking and growling if DGS gets up. LOL

We don't have any snow or ice in the forecast but I saw rain for the whole week. I guess I should be happy with no ice or snow.

Stay safe and warm, Kris.

Dr Jason Fung

Last edited by PACarolsue; 01-15-2017 at 01:39 PM..
Old 01-16-2017, 07:14 AM   #256
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

Well it's another Monday! Not much difference in Monday or Friday when you are retired, just another day. Learned another lesson already tho - I just had half a grapefruit which I've not eaten much ever in my life so had to look up stats on it. WOW they are HIGH in carbs. So I've already had 13 carbs and its only 7 AM That leaves me shooting for only 7 the rest of the day. I have salmon planned so maybe OK. I did drag myself out to walk yesterday, up to rent a couple of movies & have to walk them back today. Not sure I'll be able to with sleet in the forecast all day long.

Going to be another week of close monitoring and no going off plan I hope. The grapefruit was planned, I just didn't know it was as bad as it is.

PAC that would be so scary to me, GS sleepwalking and opening outside door. I think that it why I lay awake and can't sleep when mine are here cause so many crazy things could happenn DD locks the 2 yr old IN his bedroom at home at night but the bedroom is on the other side of their house. I worry about fire and whatever, he's literally trapped in there. But I understand, they cant have him wondering around the house when they are sleeping either?? I guess I had an outside hook on my girls doors when they were little cause it was on 2nd floor but my room was RIGHT next to theirs & door was open so I could hear everything. How did we ever get thru this life?!?!?!?

What's everybody up to today??
8 Nov 2017 - 145.5
9 Nov 2017 - 144.5
10 Nov 2017 - 143
Old 01-17-2017, 06:52 AM   #257
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Tuesday! Well awfully quiet in here. But I know sometimes we just have nothing to say. Nothing to report for me, no loss no gain, still holding. My butt roast turned out good so I ate some plain and made DH a piled up Dagwood looking sandwich out of it with a pile of oven fries. This morning was SF jello with cr cheese for breakfast. Think I can walk outside today.

Been eating home a lot, trying new LC recipes but tonight will be putting myself to the test at the raspberry beer brewery. I plan to have one, and lots of ice added so we will see if it causes a bounce up. There's no food there except sometimes peanuts in the shell.

Just popped in to be accountable! Hope you all are doing fine and hanging in there
8 Nov 2017 - 145.5
9 Nov 2017 - 144.5
10 Nov 2017 - 143
Old 01-17-2017, 08:20 AM   #258
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by schaferk View Post
Happy Tuesday! Well awfully quiet in here. But I know sometimes we just have nothing to say. Nothing to report for me, no loss no gain, still holding. My butt roast turned out good so I ate some plain and made DH a piled up Dagwood looking sandwich out of it with a pile of oven fries. This morning was SF jello with cr cheese for breakfast. Think I can walk outside today.

Been eating home a lot, trying new LC recipes but tonight will be putting myself to the test at the raspberry beer brewery. I plan to have one, and lots of ice added so we will see if it causes a bounce up. There's no food there except sometimes peanuts in the shell.

Just popped in to be accountable! Hope you all are doing fine and hanging in there
Hi Kris Yeah nothing to report. My life is no more about weight loss, but simply making this tumor obey me.

I wish I could just get it liop-suctioned like they do love handles. Just suck all the garbage inside it out. Sure, it would probably all grow back, but then you go get it sucked out again. But hopefully I hit upon the right treatment and it dies out.

That's my hope, that I get a pet scan in a few months and it shows a dead tumor. Maybe then I will discover a procedure to remove the junk inside of a dead sack of old cancer refuse. Something fairly non invasive.

Or maybe my body will carry away the waste little by little on it's own with any surgical intervention. These are my future hopes. But I also know that any cancer doctor observing my case is only wondering one thing. When's that guy gonna die of this?

I have to beat the odds. The odds say no way. I have to find a way.

I wouldn't worry about some grapefruit Kris . It's gonna be more about the calories. And again, as much as LC is effective at weight loss, the way a lot of people go about it in here is with zero regard towards cancer.

Like eating bacon is healthy. Well can we please start out with bacon that comes from pigs that were fed the right stuff? Oh no GB, that's too expensive. Well then forget the bacon.

We need to lose weight in such a way that we are avoiding cancer, heart attack and stroke potentials. It's not that hard. But it takes some research and probably a little more money and ordering things off the internet. It can be done by most of us I think.
Old 01-17-2017, 09:24 AM   #259
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

GB, I too am hoping and praying that they find a dead tumor or your body whisks it away. How do they know a tumor is dead? Can they tell from the scan? I know my nephew gets reports that say it's not growing or spreading, but he is on conventional treatment and was told at the start that it was treatable, but not curable but he could live a long time with it. He doesn't look like there's a thing wrong with him, is still working, etc.

I think the problem with bacon is mostly the nitrates. I heard they make bacon without nitrates. I don't like bacon because of the salty taste, so I wouldn't know. Also, heavy red meat consumption is carcegenic, but being fat is not healthy either, and most here are fighting the battle of the bulge. If they succeed with VLC they consider it a success. We are all going to die. Choose what you're going to die from.

By some miracle, the scale read 202 this morning. I stood there and stared in shock. I have a balance beam scale and I leave it set at my last reading. When I got on, the beam just sat there. I started it slowly downward and it just wasn't moving. Finally, it settled at 202. I really think it's dehydration. By accident, I didn't eat much yesterday. It was just eggs in the AM and chicken the rest of the day, and not a lot. My chicken didn't turn out the way I wanted it so I only ate a small serving. I feel great today. Very empty. I am hoping I can keep that loss and get back into Onederland soon.

Dr Jason Fung
Old 01-17-2017, 11:46 AM   #260
Seabreezes
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning....at least it is morning here!

Yesterday was a good day with little food. Need to take food with meds and I hate to start eating as then I want more food earlier. Oh well, it is such a balancing act.

GB, we all wish the tumor would just disappear. I love your attitude......

Yay on the lower number on the scale, Pac....

Have fun tonight, Kris. Sip slowly??
Old 01-17-2017, 06:16 PM   #261
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Seabreezes, I am too familiar with early eating getting the appetite revved up. Garfield has a cartoon that says "Once my eating gains momentum it's hard to shut down." I usually don't eat my first meal until at least 10 AM or later, but with this new plan I'm trying, meant to help lower blood sugar, I'm eating something within an hour of getting up. I just make sure it's something small, like maybe 1 hard cooked egg, and it's been ok so far.

Dr Jason Fung
Old 01-19-2017, 03:16 PM   #262
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

Everybody! Just checking in. Congrats on that loss PAC! I hope it stuck for you I bounced down another pound but then after I had those couple beers and some food it came right back with MORE. duh. Rude awakening. I was up several. Guess I can't do any little "treat" meals.

GB I agree, you have to concentrate all your efforts on getting rid of that tumor, not weightloss. You do have a great attitude about it. It has got to be hard.

Seabreezes Hope you are doing well.

Wish I had something more exciting to say. Sad news is I didn't really mess up big time and fall all off the wagon but I did deviate from the strict plan I'd been on for several days and a bunch of pounds came right back. I've been in this "strict diet mode" for awhile and I know I could not eat like this forever (maintenance) so not sure what to do now. I'll get back on plan and lose it again I suppose but it sure is a setback I just tried one regular meal (not super carby) and a couple of beers and it was disastrous. Well, not gonna dwell on it. Hope some of it's back off tomorrow morning Just ranting I guess.
8 Nov 2017 - 145.5
9 Nov 2017 - 144.5
10 Nov 2017 - 143

Last edited by schaferk; 01-19-2017 at 03:18 PM..
Old 01-19-2017, 04:08 PM   #263
Seabreezes
Major LCF Poster!

Remember it is mostly water weight! Nevertheless it is so discouraging! Wentbout last night to listen to one of our favorite Hawaiian music groups. Had sushi and a couple of glasses of wine. The scale was nice, but, I didn't really consume very much food. Hungry today, but trying to wait!

Off to doctor and errands.....

Hi Carol and GB
Old 01-19-2017, 05:20 PM   #264
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Remember it is mostly water weight! Nevertheless it is so discouraging! Wentbout last night to listen to one of our favorite Hawaiian music groups. Had sushi and a couple of glasses of wine. The scale was nice, but, I didn't really consume very much food. Hungry today, but trying to wait!

Hi Carol and GB
Thanks Seabreezes I hope some of it is water This is really bothering me more than I thought I guess.
8 Nov 2017 - 145.5
9 Nov 2017 - 144.5
10 Nov 2017 - 143
Old 01-19-2017, 10:07 PM   #265
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

Hi Carol and GB
Hi SB Glad you are sharing your thoughts with us
Old 01-20-2017, 06:03 AM   #266
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

It's Friday! And a new day. Trying not to look back. But still disappointed. Lost a couple waterweight pounds but nowhere near back down to what I was. I may have to do a full blown 48hr water fast to catch up. Supposed to be 55 here tomorrow, break some records they think. But 40's and drizzle today which is still better than our normal Januarys with snow and sub zero temps. We will have a few more of them before Spring I'm sure. Ended up walking at the mall yesterday and looks like today too.

Have a great weekend all!!
8 Nov 2017 - 145.5
9 Nov 2017 - 144.5
10 Nov 2017 - 143
Old 01-20-2017, 07:27 AM   #267
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Kris, you should not let a little setback like that affect you so much. You know you are never going to give up your time with your friends and that's going to give you little ups. But if most of your time is spent on plan, the weight will continue to go down overall.

I had a blip this morning of half a lb. Last night I had a mini-binge and it was caused by too much for dinner and continued from there. This is how I am much safer eating out than cooking at home. When I eat out, I eat healthier and less food. When I cook at home I cook what DH likes and there's always leftovers. I have been fighting my tendency to finish off the leftovers but they got to me last night. After that we went to Walmart. I wanted to walk off some of my dinner, and help lower blood sugar. While there I spotted a bag of popcorn that was supposed to be healthy. On the front it said 35 calories in big letters. Carbs for 1 cup was only 5, so I bought it. When I came home, I did not stop at 1 cup. I had about 3 cups. Then, for some dumb reason I wanted graham crackers. I never eat graham crackers! I just have them in the house for when I make graham cracker crust for cheesecake. I ate 2, then I went back and finished off the whole sleeve of them. Then I dug in the bread box and found the cookies DH bought and ate one of them. Then DH made himself an egg sandwich, and I ate some of the scrambled eggs. Checked my blood sugar before bed and had to medicate. It spiked badly. I hope I learned my lesson. I was doing so well. The scale was up 1/2 a lb this morning. Could have been worse, but I wanted a loss, and probably would have had it if I hadn't had the binge. Back to plan today. We usually go out to eat on Friday and I usually order a tuna salad at the place we will probably go. It's a big greens salad with a scoop of really good tuna salad on top.

So I came here and confessed my sins.

Our weather has been unseasonably warm, too, Kris. Definately not our normal PA winters. So many people wearing shorts. That's really pushing it, I think. It's not THAT warm. LOL It's going close to 70 on Saturday.

Seabreezes, it sounds like you have it under control. Out for the evening, but not overdoing it on food and drink!

Hi GB. Hope you're doing well, continuing on with your treatment. Praying for success, here.

Dr Jason Fung
Old 01-20-2017, 11:10 PM   #268
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Kris, you should not let a little setback like that affect you so much. You know you are never going to give up your time with your friends and that's going to give you little ups. But if most of your time is spent on plan, the weight will continue to go down overall.

I had a blip this morning of half a lb. Last night I had a mini-binge and it was caused by too much for dinner and continued from there. This is how I am much safer eating out than cooking at home. When I eat out, I eat healthier and less food. When I cook at home I cook what DH likes and there's always leftovers. I have been fighting my tendency to finish off the leftovers but they got to me last night. After that we went to Walmart. I wanted to walk off some of my dinner, and help lower blood sugar. While there I spotted a bag of popcorn that was supposed to be healthy. On the front it said 35 calories in big letters. Carbs for 1 cup was only 5, so I bought it. When I came home, I did not stop at 1 cup. I had about 3 cups. Then, for some dumb reason I wanted graham crackers. I never eat graham crackers! I just have them in the house for when I make graham cracker crust for cheesecake. I ate 2, then I went back and finished off the whole sleeve of them. Then I dug in the bread box and found the cookies DH bought and ate one of them. Then DH made himself an egg sandwich, and I ate some of the scrambled eggs. Checked my blood sugar before bed and had to medicate. It spiked badly. I hope I learned my lesson. I was doing so well. The scale was up 1/2 a lb this morning. Could have been worse, but I wanted a loss, and probably would have had it if I hadn't had the binge. Back to plan today. We usually go out to eat on Friday and I usually order a tuna salad at the place we will probably go. It's a big greens salad with a scoop of really good tuna salad on top.

Our weather has been unseasonably warm, too, Kris. Definately not our normal PA winters. So many people wearing shorts. That's really pushing it, I think. It's not THAT warm. LOL It's going close to 70 on Saturday.

Seabreezes, it sounds like you have it under control. Out for the evening, but not overdoing it on food and drink!

Hi GB. Hope you're doing well, continuing on with your treatment. Praying for success, here.
Hi PAC Thanks for prayers. Looks like its gonna be a long and winding road to that place where I feel secure about my physical well being.

But spiritually I'm good. That's the most important thing anyway. Lots of good prayers offered up today at the inauguration huh?
Old 01-21-2017, 07:58 AM   #269
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

Well PAC I know you wanted a loss but it's great that you were only up half a pound after a backslide like that. I would have been up 6 pounds! I am not doing very well, that one backslide just sent me spiraling as it always does. Well not as bad I guess - no hog wilders but I've had pineapple for breakfast most every day, a soft pretzel Thurs and yesterday a big ole cheeseburger w/bun and a few fries. Just can't get settled back on track yet. I'm so afraid to weigh. I can feel I am still "up" several. Of course I would be cause I've done nothing to fix the backslide Today will be our ONE really nice day around 50 degrees so I'm going to try to actually run in a little while. That wont fix it either but maybe it will motivate me. I'm just feeling a little down, disgusted with myself.

My friend got a doc to prescribe her a new diet pill 'Contrary' or something like that. She's afraid to take them now so said I could try them. I'm going to read up on them. Ever heard of it???
8 Nov 2017 - 145.5
9 Nov 2017 - 144.5
10 Nov 2017 - 143
Old 01-21-2017, 08:29 AM   #270
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Kris, it's called Contrave. From what I've read it's basically an appetite suppressant...a combination of some other drugs, like anti depressant. If you decide to try it, please go online and read about it and read about the possible side effects. I doubt if any doctor would prescribe it for you since you are just slightly overweight and not in the obese category, but you could try what your friend has. Personally, I don't believe there is a magic pill. No doubt, anything you lose, will be regained as soon as you stop taking the meds. But I am not one to criticize anyone for trying anything they think might help them.

I understand the self disgust. I get that way too. The only time I am upbeat is when I stay on plan. So it would make sense to just stay on plan and be happy, you would think! Yesterday I stayed on plan as far as meals were concerned, but I baked a pumpkin roll for DH and chocolate chip cookies for DGS, tasting batter all the way. Didn't learn my lesson the day before. It was enough sugar to spike my blood sugar, then I had to take meds. The meds force your pancreas to release insulin. Insulin causes fat storage. Yadda Yadda Yadda. One big vicious circle. I got on and off the scale quickly this morning and it looks like I'm up another 1/2 lb, but I didn't want to stay there long enough to see the awful truth. So, the weight gain isn't the most important part of this for me. It's the blood sugar, and the weight gain tags along behind. Totally preventable. Once I get a spike like this, it takes a couple days to get it back down. That means weight promoting meds for a couple days. Weight won't start to go back down until I get the blood sugar back down and can cut back on the meds again. I actually think I need Trig to come here and yell at me. Ha Ha Ha You out there, Trig? Today we are going to the casino. The buffet will be all protein for me, and I will try to keep it on the small side, but I tend to like to get my money's worth. And I usually do a few quick laps around the casino floor for exercise.

GB, long and winding road....one of my favorite Beatles songs. Yes, good prayers at the inaguration. In spite of his faults, I do believe our new President truly wants to make improvements that will benefit the American people. I hope I'm right.

Hi Seabreezes! Hope you're just having too much fun to come here!

Dr Jason Fung