Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 10-25-2016, 06:58 AM   #91
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GoBahnsen
Stats: Have lost 42 lbs since Nov.19, 2013
WOE: Low carb my way
Start Date: 188 as of March 5, 2014 6'2"
Quote:
Originally Posted by schaferk View Post
GB Where are you? You better get in here and report today!! You are on the big no beer/losing streak and we need to hear the good news!!

Madmarsha where are you?? And Where's Kyla?
Hi Kris

Sorry to report but I haven't been doing well. I went to the ER a while back because I just didn't feel right and had chest pains.

Everything they do in the ER came back normal. I started to wonder about my 1000 cal a day diet maybe making me feel weird.

Anyway, it took a lot for me to actually drive myself to the ER. Every red light felt like a small eternity. My wife was at a retreat. Well, after they let me out of there (takes forever)....I felt like a cat who had been tossed in a dryer.

After 10 days of no beer and feeling relieved my tests were ok, it was time to wind down. So I got some beer. I'd be lying if I said it didn't feel like liquid relief.

On top of all that I have been working on my marriage with the help of this new book I told ya'll about. That has kept me in a place of feeling impatient. I'm the type that wants a relationship healed instantly. And a lot of us guys can do that, while a lot of ladies need time to get over old wounds.

So I use beer to get me from one day of patiently waiting until the next day. I just don't have much of a life these days. I could wish my wife wasn't so diversified in using her time, and that we could go back to how it was in our first year But I guess that's not the way real people do real life.

I am such an idealist!!! That's why I love beer too. It's so ideal. And it enhances life and makes it feel more ideal.

Well now, to top it off....I have had this lump on my leg that I thot was just a sports injury. Seem to start a couple of years ago when I did a lot of pushing my bike up steep canyon trails. I always pushed off with my right leg.

So I noticed what looked like new muscle developing. Didn't hurt. But it had slowly gotten bigger and now its too big. It effects the function of my right foot too. So yesterday I saw a surgeon. He immediately called in the tumor expert. They weren't very comforting.

They couldn't tell me a thing without tests, but they both weren't shy to use cancer as a possibility. So MRI today at 5:30 and a meet up with the tumor doc on Monday. How fun huh?

So that's my life right now. Hard to stay out of the beer with all the anxiety.
It sure will be a relief if I can hear that cancer is ruled out, but then still face a surgery to remove this avocado off my shin and who knows if I get full use of my foot back. Gonna be a long week till Monday.

Hi PAC Looks like just you two holding down the thread. It's always been a tiny thread hasn't it? I'm just too much of a heavy topic writer to exist in other threads. This place is such a ladies hang out isn't it? Sharing recipes and stuff like that

Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2016, 07:39 AM   #92
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: schaferk
Stats: 165/134/125
WOE: Atkins/protein Power
Start Date: 1975
OMG I am so sorry to hear that news GB. I for you that the tumor is not cancerous. I have been worried about you since you've been MIA but no idea you were going through all of this. Please keep us posted after your MRI when you get some kind of answers. I don't blame you for indulging in a suds or two. I feel exactly the same about beer as you do. I know it doesn't "fix" anything and it's not good for us to over indulge but it certainly does have a calming affect. I think part of it with us is that it's been a lifetime habit of something associated with good times and we don't want to give that up or see it end. I truly hate it when I'm trying not to eat and drink cause I basically have to stay home to do it. But flip side beer itself makes me fat AND makes me eat more food adding to the fat. Lately I've been drinking twisted pretzel beer, brewed and distributed by Shocktop and mixing it with a chocolate beer brewed here at the local brewery. Hard to turn it down. But I've been only going once a week and trying to be LC the other 6 days. I'm on the downward trend right now and planning to fast today. I leave Friday for FL and run the half marathon there on 5 Nov.

I sure hope you get good news. Please keep us posted
8 Nov 2017 - 145.5
9 Nov 2017 - 144.5
10 Nov 2017 - 143

Last edited by schaferk; 10-25-2016 at 07:41 AM..
schaferk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 08:03 AM   #93
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
OMG I am so sorry to hear that news GB. I for you that the tumor is not cancerous. I have been worried about you since you've been MIA but no idea you were going through all of this. Please keep us posted after your MRI when you get some kind of answers. I don't blame you for indulging in a suds or two. I feel exactly the same about beer as you do. I know it doesn't "fix" anything and it's not good for us to over indulge but it certainly does have a calming affect. I think part of it with us is that it's been a lifetime habit of something associated with good times and we don't want to give that up or see it end. I truly hate it when I'm trying not to eat and drink cause I basically have to stay home to do it. But flip side beer itself makes me fat AND makes me eat more food adding to the fat. Lately I've been drinking twisted pretzel beer, brewed and distributed by Shocktop and mixing it with a chocolate beer brewed here at the local brewery. Hard to turn it down. But I've been only going once a week and trying to be LC the other 6 days. I'm on the downward trend right now and planning to fast today. I leave Friday for FL and run the half marathon there on 5 Nov.

I sure hope you get good news. Please keep us posted
Thnx Kris Pretzel beer huh? What will they think of next? I had tried some Shocktop regular stuff from the store a while back. Out here it is among the cheaper ales. It is so flat and boring tho. Might be better on draft, because those guys don't know how to get any life into it in a bottle.

Well yeah, I hear ya lord and clear on the suds. The doc looked at me and said "you have been in denial a long time haven't you?" I said I am a terrible patient. It's hard to get me into see a doctor.

He said he doesn't go to the doctor much either. LOL. And do have to say that beer plays a huge role in denial. Recently a customer of mine took his own life. I won't go into details for the sake of those in here who have suffered loss in that way.

But for me, I thot to myself....man if you're that depressed why don't ya just get yourself a 12 pack and try to make the best of it? Don't kill yourself. Have a cold beer instead. Life's not that bad.

And for me, God bless my soul....I have someONE bigger than all life's trials to go thru whatever it is with me. You can be sure I had Him with me on that drive to the ER.

I thot I was maybe dying. You don't joke around at times like that. I was telling Him everything He already knows on that drive. Keeping it real. Thought I might see Him soon. This life is like a vapor that appears for awhile and then vanishes away.
Old 10-25-2016, 04:42 PM   #94
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: PACarolsue
Stats: 217/199/? 5'2"
WOE: Whatever Works
Start Date: Tomorrow
I too, hope and pray you don't have cancer GB. You might need surgery to remove the tumor, but if it's not cancer you should heal up just fine. I am trying to be optimistic. And it's good that they checked out your chest pains. It could be stress, or indigestion, but I think if it was a heart problem they would have found it. That part is good news! But waiting for Monday to come around for the consult with the doctor. That makes for a stressful weekend. Beer will be your friend while you're waiting, and I hope all is well.

"The first step to solving a problem is to admit that one exists."
Dr Jason Fung
PACarolsue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 07:20 AM   #95
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

Up early, pouring rain here. Basically on plan yesterday. Didn't fast tho - 1 egg, 1 bacon, 2 wonderful green grapes & then a meal replacement shake for dinner which had 4 carbs in it. A couple days of VERY low carb and cal. Today salmon, broccoli & spinach at TGIF. Normally I always get the mac & cheese as the side instead of spinach but gonna do the right thing today!! Running out of time.

Still praying for you GB
8 Nov 2017 - 145.5
9 Nov 2017 - 144.5
10 Nov 2017 - 143
Old 10-26-2016, 07:32 AM   #96
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Kris, good for you on getting the spinach instead of the mac and cheese. I do that alot at restaurants that allow substitutions. I get my entree and 2 veggie sides instead of a potato or other starch. Holding the bread/rolls is much more difficult and I am still working on that. Last night I ordered this wonderful huge salad, but broke down and got the garlic toast with it. And I dipped the garlic toast in my ranch dessing. It tasted so good, but next time I will have to say "hold the bread."

We haven't been to TGIF for ages. Seems there's always a long wait when we go. We end up next door at Texas Roadhouse. That is DH's favorite.

I am actually down 2 lbs this morning, but that is just part of the 5 lbs I gained recently. Still need to get back into Onderland.

Dr Jason Fung

Last edited by PACarolsue; 10-26-2016 at 07:34 AM..
Old 10-26-2016, 07:43 AM   #97
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

Congrats PAC on the loss! I was down 2 also but don't deserve to brag cause I was up 5 or 6 from my posted sig weight. Still struggling to get back to it before I leave We can do this together slow and steady!!!
8 Nov 2017 - 145.5
9 Nov 2017 - 144.5
10 Nov 2017 - 143
Old 10-27-2016, 06:45 AM   #98
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning! I held strong at TGIF but surely missed that mac & cheese side I usually get there. Paid off tho - another 1.5 pounds down. I'm only 1 pound away from posted sig weight now. amazing how we hang onto such a little thing and dote on it. When you think of big picture - I've basically given up the whole week, stayed home, no alcohol, fasting and just for the joy of a stinking lost pound. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy about it but SO much work for so little reward I'm fasting today, actually hoping to eat nothing all day to lose one more pound. I know the eating will start tomorrow night with the 2 day road trip involving some Burger Kings!!! Not planning any pigout, but I'll have to eat some of what the others eat.

We have reservations at Be Our Guest in WDW which should be very good.
8 Nov 2017 - 145.5
9 Nov 2017 - 144.5
10 Nov 2017 - 143

Last edited by schaferk; 10-27-2016 at 06:47 AM..
Old 10-27-2016, 08:02 AM   #99
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Good Morning! I held strong at TGIF but surely missed that mac & cheese side I usually get there. Paid off tho - another 1.5 pounds down. I'm only 1 pound away from posted sig weight now. amazing how we hang onto such a little thing and dote on it. When you think of big picture - I've basically given up the whole week, stayed home, no alcohol, fasting and just for the joy of a stinking lost pound. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy about it but SO much work for so little reward I'm fasting today, actually hoping to eat nothing all day to lose one more pound. I know the eating will start tomorrow night with the 2 day road trip involving some Burger Kings!!! Not planning any pigout, but I'll have to eat some of what the others eat.

We have reservations at Be Our Guest in WDW which should be very good.
Nice going on your loss Kris It is a lot of work to lose a little weight!!!

Thnx to you and PAC for your prayers. Started to do some online reading about natural cures for cancer. One site talks about what they consider dangerous cancer. Then they listed areas of the body that were not kind. On the leg was on that list.

Kind of weird huh? Im sure I can still get killed by this thing, so I'm bracing for the worst, praying for the best. One supposed cure is to mix baking soda with maple syrup. You heat them up together until they bind. The cancer cells eat the sugar that now carries baking soda with it into the cancer cells.

That messes up the cancer cells somehow. I will be trying different protocols if I find out it's cancer. Works on some people, others maybe not.

I always thot dying of cancer would be a good way for me to go, because when I feel great and invincible I tend to stray in my heart away from the Lord. I don't know why.

But facing cancer sure would be sobering. And in that soberness of heart and mind, one has much more openness to hearing from and communing with one's Maker. Otherwise, I'm like Pinocchio before he became a jackass.

Just a dumb guy looking for fun.
Old 10-28-2016, 04:51 AM   #100
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

I agree GB cancer is sobering. I am still praying for you & hoping you get good news.

I leave for FL today Vacation finally here. Not looking forward to the drive all night thing in the dark but it's what DD & SIL like to do. Get there as fast as you can! I didn't quite make it back to sig weight but only half pound off. I've been diligent this week for sure, even passed up my fav raspberry beer after "Fright Night" celebration last night. Very low carb & cal & hitting about 1500 steps per day on the Fitbit. Next two weeks will ruin it all I am in a better frame of mind tho, I don't actually WANT to pig out and am looking at the eating with the family as a scary situation coming instead of something I'm looking forward to Usually I am planning what great restaurants I'll be hitting but not this time. This time, I'm dreading the re-gain of weight that will be forthcoming. DD has a lot of nice dinners planned & I'm sure I'll enjoy them.

I'll be checking in with you guys as soon as I can and will miss chatting with you for a day or two!! Have a great weekend
8 Nov 2017 - 145.5
9 Nov 2017 - 144.5
10 Nov 2017 - 143

Last edited by schaferk; 10-28-2016 at 04:53 AM..
Old 10-28-2016, 07:32 AM   #101
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Kris, I didn't get to reply to you and now the day is here. I was going to suggest that when you are forced to eat somewhere like Burger King, you CAN stay pretty low carb by not eating the buns. It was hard for me to get used to it but now it's just automatic for me, and sometimes I have to order double in order to get enough food. Granted, it's not the best food, but sometimes you have to do it to get through a couple days.

I hope you have a great time!!

Dr Jason Fung
Old 10-28-2016, 07:42 AM   #102
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

GOBA, I googled about your lump on your leg and saw that it could be several other things besides cancer, so I am assuming that that is the case, until I hear differently. None of us knows what we are going to die from, but we all realize certainly that we are going to die some day, from something. Cancer would not be my choice, though. I had a cancer scare years ago that turned out to be a benign tumor, but it took 6 months of worry to find out that's what it was. So many cancers can be completely cured these days. Most people turn to the Lord when they have a problem, but drift away when things are going good. Did you ever think that God brings us trouble when he sees we are drifting away, to bring us back to him? That's what I believe. And he never gives us more than we can handle. So I am praying that the lump on your leg is one of those "other things" I read about, and they can get rid of it with a few slices of the knife, and you will be good as new!

Isn't today your appointment to find out what is is?

Dr Jason Fung
Old 10-28-2016, 10:02 PM   #103
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACarolsue View Post
GOBA, I googled about your lump on your leg and saw that it could be several other things besides cancer, so I am assuming that that is the case, until I hear differently. None of us knows what we are going to die from, but we all realize certainly that we are going to die some day, from something. Cancer would not be my choice, though. I had a cancer scare years ago that turned out to be a benign tumor, but it took 6 months of worry to find out that's what it was. So many cancers can be completely cured these days. Most people turn to the Lord when they have a problem, but drift away when things are going good. Did you ever think that God brings us trouble when he sees we are drifting away, to bring us back to him? That's what I believe. And he never gives us more than we can handle. So I am praying that the lump on your leg is one of those "other things" I read about, and they can get rid of it with a few slices of the knife, and you will be good as new!

Isn't today your appointment to find out what is is?
Awwww PAC Thnx. The appt is on Halloween. At 3:15 PST.

And Kris have fun. I know you will.
Old 10-29-2016, 06:40 AM   #104
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Ya know what Gobah? Ever since I retired I never know what day it is. I knew your appointment was on Monday, but I thought I was posting on Monday, not Friday. LOL

Dr Jason Fung
Old 10-29-2016, 07:15 AM   #105
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Ya know what Gobah? Ever since I retired I never know what day it is. I knew your appointment was on Monday, but I thought I was posting on Monday, not Friday. LOL
Haha I understand.

Been reading up on ketogenic diet and cancer. Sounds really promising. Just cut the sugar off to the cancer cells. And when you do it sugar, do it only in the form of the maple syrup bound with baking soda. Feed the cancer cells that for dessert.

If I get the word that I have a big ol cancerous tumor on my leg, I'm going to go into high gear to shrink it and kill it. And throw in the Bob Beck protocol. His little device is cheap enough to give it a try.

I was reading an article by a doctor who poo hoo's alternative efforts to beat cancer, talking about how they lack rigorous testing on humans. Of course they do Doc, because the powers that be are so stacked against a cheap cure for cancer that I'm sure it's illegal to run tests on humans.

I hear 99.9% of money raised to research cancer goes to conventional methods. No body in the medical world wants to see homeopathic medicine replace the money making machine of conventional medicine in the fight against cancer.

There probably is no fight against cancer unless it makes the medical industry rich. Just my guess here based on some reading.
Old 10-30-2016, 08:19 AM   #106
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning people. Hope all is well. Hope Kris is having a great time

Tomorrow is results of the MRI and X-rays. Not sure how much it tells them about cancer. He will probably biopsy it either way just to be sure.

But I'm super encouraged after more reading on the internet. One was a nice old guy showing you on U Tube how to make the baking soda concoction. Two years prior to his video, the doctors sat him down to inform him that he had stage 4 prostate cancer.

It had metastasized to the bones and he was terminal. He smiles has he talks about "still being here 2 years later." It was his son who told him to look into raising his PH levels. Cancer can't handle that.

It was Jim Kelmun back in the 1970's who knew 5 sisters and 4 of them died of breast cancer. In talking to the only one who had not gotten it, she said she was "partial to sipping maple syrup and baking soda."

He helped 185 people in his small town live 15 years or more after being diagnosed with C. Either way, cancer or not, I want to go on a ketogenic diet and use several cancer protocols to ....if nothing else, kill off the harmful microbes in my blood.

It's estimated the average person has 2 pounds of these microbes inside them. You want to be careful not to kill em too fast or you can get flu like symptoms for a little while, but even so, once the "die off" is over I hear you feel really great.

One guy says he hasn't had any kind of a sickness, including a cold, for over 6 years since getting rid of these microbes. And these bad guys are what is found inside cancer cells.

Again, the maple syrup bound with the Baking soda enters the C cells and kills the microbes inside. Very simple science. I will try it along with cutting out all sugars (no fruit either) and try to starve off and kill the cancer.

Even if this is a benign mass (and we hope so!!), who knows what's lurking in my 61 year old prostate? I'd like to be like that old man in the video. "I'm still here."
Old 10-30-2016, 09:58 AM   #107
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Yeah, well we're all hoping it's not cancer, but if it is, I feel confident you will fight it. How big is this thing on your leg? How much has it grown since you first noticed it, and how long ago was that? Just curious. I have never dealt with cancer in my family. It's all heart disease here.

Dr Jason Fung
Old 10-31-2016, 09:26 AM   #108
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Yeah, well we're all hoping it's not cancer, but if it is, I feel confident you will fight it. How big is this thing on your leg? How much has it grown since you first noticed it, and how long ago was that? Just curious. I have never dealt with cancer in my family. It's all heart disease here.
Thnx for your concern PAC
It looks like about a half a medium avocado shoved under my skin off to the side of my right shin. It all started maybe 2 years ago as I pushed my bike up steep canyon trails and over-worked my right leg.

So one day as I noticed my right shin area getting bigger than my left leg, I assumed it was muscle. It grew so slowly that I often wondered if it was bigger or just my imagination.

No one ever noticed it. Even now it still kind of looks like I just have a beefy leg, until you look at my left leg and realize that isn't the case.

Anyway, those two surgeon's were not comforting at all. It will be nice, even if scary, to hear what this tumor specialist guy has to say about the MRI.

Let's get this over with. Enough mystery thank you. I'm ready to face the music. I plan to keep my leg and fight what ever it is. If it is a giant cancerous tumor, I sure would be tinkled pink to see if I could shrink it by using different protocols.

I want to be one of those testimonials where you get to see the doctor all baffled that someone is beating cancer without being poisoned by the medical establishment.

And during the same fight, I'd obviously be watching my stomach shrink too due to no beer. So we shall see. I will post the results in here this evening....or late afternoon. Appt is at 3:15.
Old 10-31-2016, 05:51 PM   #109
shelby'snana
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 5'2"
WOE: healthy / from scratch
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
lurker here :

Praying all is well at appt GB ~ God is Good and we are all praying for you !

I have to remember that the person I want so desperately to become is already in me. That person has never gone away.

Laura
shelby'snana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 07:05 PM   #110
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby'snana View Post
lurker here :

Praying all is well at appt GB ~ God is Good and we are all praying for you !
Hi shelby'snana God is good indeed. Welcome to our thread

Thnx for prayers. The MRI shows a cancerous sarcoma. Had it biopsied to determine what kind of sarcoma. Results in two weeks.

Without any effort on my part to kill this thing, best case scenario is a low grade sarcoma not requiring radiation or chemo. Worst case would involve both. Really bad case would involve amputation above the knee.

Not a good situation. But I will be attacking vigorously on my own tomorrow morning. It's about time. I have plenty of literature and more to come.

I was a little reluctant to let them cut it open. but I need to get under doctor's care to monitor this beast anyway. Can't move forward without knowing the exact nature of the beast.

Love you guys, GB
Old 11-01-2016, 05:15 AM   #111
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

OMG GB my heart is with you I am praying for you. Two weeks is a long time to wait for the results. I know you will get thru it but it will not be easy I know you will do all you can on your end to fight it. I am so sorry it wasn't the best news we could hope for so far.

I am here at the Happy place. It's been great of course, but I've kinda been eating like a pig. Well, like normal people anyway with the rest of the family. Last night was big dinner at Be Our Guest. Been getting in avg of 17,000 steps per day so hope that helps some. I feel "puffy" tho. I will try to post a pic or two if I can get DD to help me. I'm technology challenged Heading to Animal Kingdom today. SIL is here with us but he's flying to Cleveland today to watch game 6 world series and then back here tomorrow. Cant pass up a chance to go to World Series and see our Chicago Cubs!!!!

I miss chatting with you all and will check in again later!!! I gotta go play with Micky & Donald!!!
8 Nov 2017 - 145.5
9 Nov 2017 - 144.5
10 Nov 2017 - 143

Last edited by schaferk; 11-01-2016 at 05:16 AM..
Old 11-01-2016, 07:35 AM   #112
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

I overate a bit yesterday, but plan on doing much better today. Yesterday is over.

Hi Kris! I'm glad you were able to check in and to hear you are having a good time. Don't worry about the eating. Just do the best you can. Don't ruin your trip by feeling you have to be deprived.

Laura, nice to have a lurker stop in once in a while! I have seen your posts here and there!

Gobah, I'm sorry to hear of the diagnosis. You know we will all be praying for you and hoping for the best outcome. I agree with Kris that 2 weeks is a long time to wait for information. It tends to make you think the worst. As hard as it is to hear, I believe the surgeons are being up front and honest with you. I know you don't want conventional treatment, but please listen to the doctors and at least consider what they recommend. It might save your leg, or your life, but in the end the decision is yours.

Dr Jason Fung

Last edited by PACarolsue; 11-01-2016 at 07:37 AM..
Old 11-02-2016, 07:09 AM   #113
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

everybody from Walt Disney World!!! Great weather and fun times here, especially with that Game 6 win for the Cubbies!!!! I've not been eating well, but you guys knew that would happen Planning to lay low today and not over due.

Hope everyone is doing well. Still sending prayers your way GB
8 Nov 2017 - 145.5
9 Nov 2017 - 144.5
10 Nov 2017 - 143
Old 11-02-2016, 07:21 AM   #114
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I overate a bit yesterday, but plan on doing much better today. Yesterday is over.

Hi Kris! I'm glad you were able to check in and to hear you are having a good time. Don't worry about the eating. Just do the best you can. Don't ruin your trip by feeling you have to be deprived.

Laura, nice to have a lurker stop in once in a while! I have seen your posts here and there!

Gobah, I'm sorry to hear of the diagnosis. You know we will all be praying for you and hoping for the best outcome. I agree with Kris that 2 weeks is a long time to wait for information. It tends to make you think the worst. As hard as it is to hear, I believe the surgeons are being up front and honest with you. I know you don't want conventional treatment, but please listen to the doctors and at least consider what they recommend. It might save your leg, or your life, but in the end the decision is yours.
Thnx PAC. Been reading a book about Cancer and reading articles and watching videos on it.

In one sense you can start to get the feeling that beating cancer is relatively simple science. Just feed the cancer stuff that kills it. Which I am doing now.

And don't give it anything that helps it grow. Like beer. The only intentional sugar it gets has been bound with baking soda, so the cancer eats a Trogan horse.

I'll say this much, this is about what it takes to get me to not drink beer. Blowing up to 245 pounds with chest pains was not enough to stop me.

As to conventional treatment, that's all it is, is treatment, not a cure. People have cured themselves of every kind of cancer, lots of people. Some don't succeed, but many have cured it.

Conventional medicine is one of the strangest ways to go about beating cancer. Beat it with poison??? I mean sometimes the tumor has to be removed quickly or an organ will shut down. That's about location, but non threatening tumors can be healed, shrunk, killed.

So much reading to do. I can't believe the corruption that has gone on with the AMA, ACS and big pharma. It is so freaky you can't believe what is going on out there to keep cancer from being cured. They don't want a cure, just treatment.

Cancer survival depends on a good immune system. Chemo and radiation destroy the immune system. Well, keep praying folks. And thanks for that.

Have fun Kris
Old 11-02-2016, 10:11 AM   #115
Seabreezes
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Definitely praying for you GB.

I'm one of the fortunate ones who had a tumor in my lung, found very early - only because I was hit by a car (another story) - tumor removed and no chemo or radiation. 4 years later there is no evidence of return. I try to eat in a window of time and remove obvious sugars.

In the zero carb forums on FB there are several people who beat cancer by only eating meat. All interesting stuff....I feel you will be fine with your dedication!
Old 11-04-2016, 08:42 AM   #116
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Glad to hear you are cancer free, Seabreezes! Hope you good health continues. Thanks for stopping in on our thread.

Hugs to you GB, as you wait for more information. I'm off to do some running around today. Busy, not running like Kris. LOL Prayers for you continue.

Dr Jason Fung
Old 11-05-2016, 07:05 AM   #117
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

Just popping in before heading over to Epcot to Eat Around the World!! Not eating too much today actually with the big race looming at 5:30 tomorrow morning. We have to get up and be on the bus by 3 AM to go line up in the corral. I've got a big blister on a toe from walking around Disney so already this isn't lookin pretty So glad it will all be over tomorrow. Should take me 3 and a half hours to run/walk 13.1 miles. We have already been to all the parks and it's been fun. Weather has been good so far, such a beautiful place here in Walt Disney World!!

Continued prayers your way GB

Have a great weekend all! I'll try to pop in tell ya if I made it thru the whole race
8 Nov 2017 - 145.5
9 Nov 2017 - 144.5
10 Nov 2017 - 143
Old 11-05-2016, 07:30 AM   #118
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabreezes View Post
Definitely praying for you GB.

I'm one of the fortunate ones who had a tumor in my lung, found very early - only because I was hit by a car (another story) - tumor removed and no chemo or radiation. 4 years later there is no evidence of return. I try to eat in a window of time and remove obvious sugars.

In the zero carb forums on FB there are several people who beat cancer by only eating meat. All interesting stuff....I feel you will be fine with your dedication!
Thnx for that encouragement Seabreezes
Thnx for prayers. Hi Kris and PAC It's nice to have friends, even tho I know you guys don't really exist. You're just electronic friends. LOL.

Kidding. I do appreciate your support and prayers. My wife was praying yesterday in her car that God might get me in early at this world renown alternative cancer clinic.

The woman who founded it is hard to see in person because she speaks all over the world. Normally youre treated by one of her other practitioners. But they call my wife (i'm on their waiting list) and tell her that they had a cancellation with the founder woman (can't recall her name Dr. Corean something) . She told my wife that this never happens in a meeting with Dr. C.

And only because it was a new patient cancellation did I qualify to fit the time slot. That's exactly what we prayed for, a cancellation.

Anyway, wading thru a ton of info. Gets confusing. You are doing one kind of thing you think is good and then you watch some you tube video of a board certified alternative doctor telling you that is the wrong thing to do.

But there are consistent themes among all voices out there. Eat clean. Rebuild your immune system. One of these expert doctors said this "if your immune system is working at it's full potential you cannot get cancer."

Every case of cancer is connected to a suppressed immune system. And while most of us who fool around with what goes in our mouths don't always end up with cancer, we sure could have. It's a one in three odds here in America.

So I encourage you my friends to take charge of your health. Learn how to detox, rebuild that immune system before you get cancer. It is a FACT that all of us have cancer cells in our body. They form every day, but the immune system hunts them down daily.

So learn how to prevent cancer from forming into a tumor where it has a stronghold going. Stop eating sugar. You want an alkaline system. Cancer thrives in acidity.

Junk food, beer, etc creates an acid environment. Meat does too, but the reason that the person Seabreezes
mentions mentions did ok may have to do with the absence of sugar Ketogenic diets have merit I hear. I'm only getting my carbs from veggies right now, no meat. I do use a plant based protein powder and raw nuts for my protein. But no direct sugar heading off to the cancer cells. I was doing that maple syrup with baking soda, but stopped. Wasn't sure if it was solid science. My new doctor will let me know.

Every testimonial of healing I have read or heard, has to do with getting plenty of raw veggies, etc into the body. Too much to talk about now.

I just want you guys to get informed before you hear the doctor say "cancer."
Old 11-05-2016, 08:35 AM   #119
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/217/not sure 5'7
WOE: IF/NK
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
I lurk on you guys sometimes (that sounds embarassing ) because I have the same question about backsliding.

Anywhoo, I'm sorry about the cancer diagnosis. It took some people near and dear to me. My dad has recently come out of it. So far, so good.

That caused me to do some reading. There is a book called Tripping Over the Truth that talks about the long history of cancer as a metabolic disease, rather than the current belief it is gene malfunction.

There is a lot of new research coming out about many cancer cells being unable to live on ketones the way the rest of our cells can, which makes fasting and/or a ketogenic diet an effective treatment. If you want to check it out, look up Dominic D'Agostino. He is a mainstream scientist and researcher coming to these conclusions against most current belief.

Whatever you decide to do, good luck.
Old 11-05-2016, 08:38 AM   #120
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GME View Post
I lurk on you guys sometimes (that sounds embarassing ) because I have the same question about backsliding.

Anywhoo, I'm sorry about the cancer diagnosis. It took some people near and dear to me. My dad has recently come out of it. So far, so good.

That caused me to do some reading. There is a book called Tripping Over the Truth that talks about the long history of cancer as a metabolic disease, rather than the current belief it is gene malfunction.

There is a lot of new research coming out about many cancer cells being unable to live on ketones the way the rest of our cells can, which makes fasting and/or a ketogenic diet an effective treatment. If you want to check it out, look up Dominic D'Agostino. He is a mainstream scientist and researcher coming to these conclusions against most current belief.

Whatever you decide to do, good luck.
Hi Gina Thnx for the input. What treatment route did your dad choose?