Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 10-20-2017, 12:12 PM   #631
julieboolie
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/169/158-163lbs
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Good morning! Quick check in...down to 172.2 today which I'll take. It's been a busy, occasionally stressful and hectic week, and today is little A's first birthday so we are doing a party tonight!! He's such a doll, I'll post a pic so you can see how cute he is .

Sticking with low cals overall and trudging away...didn't workout this week but have been moving a lot! Want to lift!

Here is our little cutie from a few weeks ago up in Flagstaff.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3973.jpg (58.0 KB, 10 views)

Come visit me in my journal:
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/sh...d.php?t=888635
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2017, 12:13 PM   #632
Izzysdream
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Izzysdream
Stats: age 60, prednisone since 11/16
WOE: trying to figure it out
Start Date: 4/2006 restart:
Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Good morning! Quick check in...down to 172.2 today which I'll take. It's been a busy, occasionally stressful and hectic week, and today is little A's first birthday so we are doing a party tonight!! He's such a doll, I'll post a pic so you can see how cute he is .

Sticking with low cals overall and trudging away...didn't workout this week but have been moving a lot! Want to lift!

Here is our little cutie from a few weeks ago up in Flagstaff.
How fun Julie! He is absolutely adorable. Happy Birthday A
Izzysdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 07:22 AM   #633
shari
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/187/169-mini goal
WOE: low carb-Atkins '72
Start Date: restart- 8/9/16
Hey ladies, wow I've missed a lot of updates. I've been super busy with work and have been really, really trying not to stress eat. I've not been perfect in this area, but not going totally off into a binge too.

Gracie~ I read that book a couple years ago and it really resonated a reset of how I was eating and my poor relationship with food. I remember switching over to JUDDD too after that read and felt free for a minute. The problem I think is that I fell into my old habits of overeating on UDs and going too far over on DDs. I think we're all in the same boat with LC, it just doesn't work as well as before... wishing you much success with JUDDD! I may join you
Ricky is so handsome! It is unbelievable that he's now an adult and in college!! It seems he's doing well though, what a great job you've done raising a fine young man.

Julie~ I agree with Gracie, you look fabulous in your cruise pics!! You did amazingly well with not gaining a lot of weight on a cruise vacay...all that food, incredible!! I'm glad you all had fun, as you know...I love cruising. What a cutie pie...!! Congrats on the weight coming down, you'll be back in the 160's soon!!

Izzy~ I think I too will read the book again; it really helped and changed my thoughts about food. Sorry I can't help with Kindle, hope you get it soon. Congrats on being sugar-free and down some pounds!

Deb~ How's it going? Hope all's well with mom.

G and I have a cruise credit we need to use/lose really soon so we're looking at the best option for now as we'd have to still add a little more to it for port taxes and fees. We don't want to spend a lot of money now due to having bdays for both sons and holidays coming up between now and Christmas equals money, money, money. Right now, we may be going on a cruise in late November. Which means I really need to do something with my weight, I can tell my body is really loving where I'm at so I need to jump start it to get it moving down again and I just can't go higher. I was trying to do low carb, but it's really just a maintenance WOE for me. I've been over the map considering different plans, definitely ruled out doing hhcg. I mentally can't hang with that right now although it gives the best quick results. I may do JUDDD with you Gracie.... I'll see

Last edited by shari; 10-21-2017 at 07:25 AM..
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 10:26 AM   #634
Izzysdream
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Izzy~ I think I too will read the book again; it really helped and changed my thoughts about food. Sorry I can't help with Kindle, hope you get it soon. Congrats on being sugar-free and down some pounds!
I downloaded the kindle app on my phone and have the book! Can't wait to start it. I'm still sugar/gluten free, lost a couple of pounds, but need to cut the carbs, feel better. My bursitis in my shoulder got triggered again reaching for the computer mouse at work on Thursday. LOL
I cancelled the ultra sound earlier this month because the pain went away. Rescheduled for next week. The doctor will probably want to give me a shot of cortizone. He's assuming that's what it is...

Last edited by Izzysdream; 10-23-2017 at 10:28 AM..
Old 10-23-2017, 10:42 AM   #635
julieboolie

Shari-thanks...the right angles can make you look great . I'm sure having a cruise booked will give you a great incentive. Cruising is fun! I'd like to try a longer carribean one next year with dh for our 20th. Which line do you like best? Juddd works...it just isn't good for my mental health. others live that way for life and do great (thinking of beebs and Carly). Hope you can find something that works for your busy lifestyle and you can stick to pretty easily .

Izzy-of course it flares up after you cancel the app. Isn't that always the way it is? hope the Dr can help you. How are you doing aside from that? You did just have some major surgery earlier this year... you are a fighter and are doing great cutting out the junk. Kutgw!

I'm not making much new headway but did enjoy a bit more food over the weeeknd. It'll be a slug from here on out as the regain is mostly gone and the weight that's haunted me the whole past year is still here, apparently not interested in shoving off . I planned lots of cleaning and errands today since little A was supposed to have a 4 hour visit...but that was canceled so I'm doing some straightening and will try to do the tile floors during his nap...should probably visit my mom and also want to hit the gym. I added him to my membership to prevent any excuses there. I need to get back to where I enjoyed going. right now it's an effort to get there, but hoping in time it'll become a habit again.

Take care all!

Old 10-23-2017, 11:05 AM   #636
Deb294evr
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Hello ladies!! sorry for being missing in action, but LIFE!!!!!! wow.. what a ride!

So when my DD and Grandson moved back again, this put quite a strain on old Momma. She just can't handle the fun and playing and noise of a 2 year old and would pout all day about it. SO!!!!!!! we asked if she would like her own place and YES YES YES she said!!!

We looked at independent living and found her an awesome apartment within a Senior building that is very expensive, but it is her money so she wants it. She is moving SATURDAY!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, I love my Mom dearly, but I just can't take all of these generations in one household at the same time and trying to pacify everyone. DONE DONE DONE!!!! Now, starting next week I will get my life back. YAY!!!!!

I want to concentrate on me and NOVEMBER 1, starts my new beginning for so many things, but mainly to just get myself back on track. The stress has worn me down and I need to feel good again!
Old 10-23-2017, 11:19 AM   #637
Izzysdream
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Izzy-of course it flares up after you cancel the app. Isn't that always the way it is? hope the Dr can help you. How are you doing aside from that? You did just have some major surgery earlier this year... you are a fighter and are doing great cutting out the junk. Kutgw!
I have a brain angiogram on November 9th to see if my brain aneurysm is gone and the procedure in May actually worked. Fingers crossed! Then I can focus energy on my autoimmune disease and getting it healed.
Old 10-23-2017, 11:27 AM   #638
Deb294evr
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzysdream View Post
I have a brain angiogram on November 9th to see if my brain aneurysm is gone and the procedure in May actually worked. Fingers crossed! Then I can focus energy on my autoimmune disease and getting it healed.
Fingers crossed!!! Did this just all come on for you in recent years? You are not very old!!
Old 10-23-2017, 11:59 AM   #639
Izzysdream
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
We looked at independent living and found her an awesome apartment within a Senior building that is very expensive, but it is her money so she wants it. She is moving SATURDAY!!!!!!!!!
Woohoo!
Old 10-23-2017, 12:02 PM   #640
Izzysdream
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Fingers crossed!!! Did this just all come on for you in recent years? You are not very old!!
I found out I had a brain annie 19 months ago (March 2016). My job offers no benefits so I have health insurance through the Marketplace (obamacare). I had to change insurance 3 times to be able to have the procedure done at Barnes Hospital. Got 3 different opinions. One was for open brain bypass surgery and 2 were for the pipeline flex stent (I went with the stent procedure, they put 2 stents in my brain because of the size of the annie). I'm hoping I made the right choice of procedures. It's been a long 19 months!
Old 10-23-2017, 12:23 PM   #641
Deb294evr
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I found out I had a brain annie 19 months ago (March 2016). My job offers no benefits so I have health insurance through the Marketplace (obamacare). I had to change insurance 3 times to be able to have the procedure done at Barnes Hospital. Got 3 different opinions. One was for open brain bypass surgery and 2 were for the pipeline flex stent (I went with the stent procedure, they put 2 stents in my brain because of the size of the annie). I'm hoping I made the right choice of procedures. It's been a long 19 months!
WOW!! that is lots to go through in 19 months!!! I hope you made the right choice also!! You did the best you could! I am just amazed your job did not offer health insurance. I thought most did these days? Praying for the best outcome possible!!
Old 10-23-2017, 04:36 PM   #642
julieboolie

Deb- yay! That's wonderful news! Looking forward to a more calm November for you my friend!

Izzy-it's still hard to believe all you've gone through in such a short time . I hope the Dr's visit goes well and you're safe and healed of your anyurism completely!! You're such a trooper!

Having a hungry day which isn't good coming off the weeeknd. Trying to make good choices. Wishing I was naturally thin

Old 10-24-2017, 03:34 AM   #643
shari
Major LCF Poster!

Wow, Deb...that's wonderful news!! Wishing your mom a nice transition into her new home, and you able to get your life back which means more time to focus on YOU!!!

Izzy~ I agree, that's a lot to go through! I too pray you get awesome news, that the aneurysm is gone. Healing thoughts your way... Also, congrats on being a few pounds lighter.

Julie~ I cruising! I actually go with a cruise line that has either a new ship that I'd like to try or an itinerary I'm interested in...mostly RC or CCL. I just did Norwegian and find it similar to Carnival or RC so I'd say either of these 3 lines are nice for longer cruises. I use vacations to go for great prices if not going through the actual cruise line to book. I'd highly recommend an Southern Caribbean (Aruba, Curacao, Bonaire, St. Kitts, St. Lucia, Dominca, St. Maarten-but area was hit by Hurricane so may/may not be ready for tourism next year , etc.) if you could do it; the islands and water/beaches are absolutely gorgeous.

I've been slowly incorporating yoga again, miss it and feel so much better afterward. My WOE hasn't been the best this weekend, but I'm working on improving it; still haven't picked what I really want to do so focusing on basic, limiting sugar and white carbs. Today is my youngest son's bday! He's now 15!!
Old 10-24-2017, 04:50 AM   #644
Deb294evr
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Ladies! I feel so much relief. I can watch what I want, when I want no more constant questions about who is that? I don't know these people, I don't really want to watch this.......... etc. etc. Then why are you eating that? Why won't you eat what I make? ACK!!!!!!

Shari, Yoga is a great addition! I can't wait to see what I am going to do......... I have never been on a cruise, but I used to go deep sea fishing with my Dad when I was young and got sea sick every time. Not much fun. I am sure a cruise would be different.

Julie, wish I was naturally thin too!!!!

Izzy, let us know how things are going!!!

Gracie, how are things????
Old 10-24-2017, 12:05 PM   #645
julieboolie

So glad to see you guys posting!,

Shari- to your baby! Crazy how fast time flies! Thanks for the cruise feedback...I'm not sure how long it'll take those poor islands to recover, so sad! Starting to reign it in, cutting out sugar and starch, is a great place to be. It's a journey for sure! And yoga is great! I'm not gonna make the gym again today but plan on tomorrow.

Deb-at the TV. I'd need to live alone to get that privilege! looking forward to your latest plan...always good to mix things up .

Izzy-hope you're doing well!

Gracie-you too!

Scale at 173 this morning which is ok. Not sure what else I can do at this point but keep on keeping on and add exercise when I can. Chasing little A around all day should help, he is constantly moving! Had his 1-year check up today, and the poor little guy had 6 shots! I had to hold him down and he looked at me with such sad eyes while doing it. I feel awful. He's asleep now, but I'm praying he'll be ok. With his background he's more sensitive and fragile to things and it could be a rough few days ahead.

Volleyball tonight, dd(14)'s last freshmen game, and dd(17) will have playoffs next week. I enjoy it but am ready to be done. Chasing A around the gym isn't as much fun as it sounds .

Have a good day all!

Old 10-25-2017, 06:59 AM   #646
shari
Major LCF Poster!

Deb, that is funny. My grandma lives with my mom (for now over 10 years) and she's constantly telling me similar stories. It seems they need a bit more extra attention as they get older; I know for my grandma (94+) she's still not liking her total independence...she was a matriarch, raising for the most part 5 kids alone so to now be 'dependent' on my mom bothers her. Oh well, we love them. I'm happy for you, getting your life back again.

Julie~ I think you're doing pretty good especially being hypo. However I do understand that it's taking a lot longer for the weigh to drop, I feel your frustrations. In addition, you're now chasing a young child (boy on top of that ) around! I hope A feels better today.

Izzy and Gracie~ how's it going?

Okay, I think I've settled on a plan (finally ); I'm going to start faithfully the kale drinks/juice. That'll help with with limiting daily cals plus give me the burst of energy I need in the mornings. For now, I think I'm going to keep the rest of the meals veggies and protein. I'll see how this works. I weighed today; it's not pretty..at all. That's helping me somewhat get on track
Old 10-25-2017, 07:07 AM   #647
Deb294evr
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Shari, great choice for you!! you always liked the way you felt on your drinks, go girl!!!

Yes, old people.. ( I am getting there!! ) need lots of extra attention. I am just not able to provide that to so many others.... YIKES!!! Almost FREE!!!

Julie, you are doing fine, are the Appetite Suppressants still working for you? I sure wish I could give those a try, but not sure our Doc would agree. I have not decided what I am going to do yet, but come NOV 1, I WILL!!!
Old 10-25-2017, 08:03 AM   #648
julieboolie

Shari-I was wondering if you'd do your drinks again. It's always worked well for you and the yoga with it is good too! ah, the scale accountability is a bummer, but you have a starting point and good motivation! You can do it! the stupid thyroid really makes it a lot harder!! How are your meds and health? It's definitely a process to get to the right spit, if ever!

Deb-I like having a starting date like that! And the day after Halloween is a good idea . What is your gs going to be for Halloween? I got little A a fuzzy monster costume. Not sure he'll wear it, but it's here . Yes, the appetite suppressant works great! I have an Rx for 3 months. They don't like to go beyond that as weaning off is hard. I feel good on it and it definitely works. But with my slow metabolism I'm maintaining on 1000 cals/day .

I didn't get to weigh today, but I'm sure it's about the same. I seem to be stuck at this spot. I don't have many other options, but am eating about 1000 cals a day. I may drop lower today and see if I can get the scale moving again. I am not hungry much, and have decent energy, which is amazing given that I'm up a lot at night with little A. He's feeling fine despite his shots, but still gets up twice a night.

Speaking of mom's, I need to go see mine today. It's been several weeks and she's not answering her new phone. She's been getting weaker and the caregivers are needing to take more time and effort to get her going, which is going to cost more . She needs to try a bit harder, and is very capable of doing so. It's the same old conversation .

Old 10-25-2017, 08:40 AM   #649
Deb294evr
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh Julie, I hear you there! Mom should be doing her exercise to get stronger since her broken femur, but she does not! She uses a walker and a cane, and I told her if she wants to walk well again, she must do her strengthening exercise, MAYBE being in her new place with people her age, and a GYM, with an exercise POOL, will get her in gear!!

I hope your Mom decides life is worth some effort!

I hear good things about the Phen, but weaning is not fun. I can't believe you have to eat such low cals to lose! Darn Thyroid!

Still weighing my options, but leaning towards WW, HOWEVER I just got some motivation from my youngest son, he is FINALLY getting married!

He met the perfect girl 2 years ago, but I still never thought it would happen. He is 33 and single since he was in college. So Happy though!!

SO! A wedding in the future, and I am Mother of the Groom, so I HAVE TO DO SOMETHING!.. No idea when the wedding is yet, but I probably have a year or so. Get Busy DEBORAH!

Forgot to add my Grandson will be Spiderman!!! I will see if I can find a picture.

Last edited by Deb294evr; 10-25-2017 at 08:41 AM..
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 08:52 AM   #650
Deb294evr
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My little Spiderman!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SPIDERMAN3.jpg (26.9 KB, 8 views)
Old 10-25-2017, 08:57 AM   #651
julieboolie

Deb-congratulations!!! How exciting and motivating!! Woohoo! And your gs is adorable as Spider-Man!!

Old 10-25-2017, 09:19 AM   #652
Deb294evr
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Deb-congratulations!!! How exciting and motivating!! Woohoo! And your gs is adorable as Spider-Man!!
Thank you Julie!
Old 10-25-2017, 09:40 AM   #653
Izzysdream
Senior LCF Member

Happy Wednesday Ladies!

Shari - good plan with the Kale/juice protocol. I'm following this woman on fb that ferments cabbage juice, kale juice for 2 days in pink Himalayan salt. It's supposed to be a cure all for everything! I was afraid to try it since I'm on plavix/aspirn for brain and prednisone for pmr. It's supposed to draw all toxins out of your body including metal? Well hello? I have metal in my brain. LOL

Deb - Congratulations on your sons engagement, you grandson and you are adorable in the picture! So sweet!

Julie - My dad is the opposite. He's 87, lives alone, Rheumatoid arthritis for 40+ years, just lost his license recently because he can hardly see due to glaucoma. He can barely walk, and I caught him in the back yard trying to rake leaves last week. I live in another state, but it's only a 25 minute drive so I can't be there as much as I'd like. Luckily, I have 3 brothers in his town, 2 of them can help him now (1 has pancreatic cancer). It's just a matter of time until he's nursing home bound though. Depressing thought.

I'm still sugar/gluten free and feel better but not losing any more weight. This is okay for now, I'm in a holding pattern until I get my brain checked two weeks from tomorrow. I'm praying the aneurysm is gone so I can get off of this plavix, so hard on the body. I started seeing this trauma therapist last Tuesday. Saw her again last night and really like her. Gives me hope with all these issues I have going on. It's good to have someone to talk to every week. I spend a lot of time isolating which is not a good thing. I have home work to work on everyday for her - a positive focus for now.
Old 10-25-2017, 10:17 AM   #654
Deb294evr
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Awe Izzy!! I hope you get the all clear in two weeks!! Medication really messes with so much in the body! Being in a holding pattern is better than gaining!!

Thank you about my DGS, but that is not me in the picture.. it's my DD! HA! Would love to have her young skin!
Old 10-25-2017, 10:38 AM   #655
Izzysdream
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Awe Izzy!! I hope you get the all clear in two weeks!! Medication really messes with so much in the body! Being in a holding pattern is better than gaining!!

Thank you about my DGS, but that is not me in the picture.. it's my DD! HA! Would love to have her young skin!
She's a cutie and I bet you are too!
Old 10-26-2017, 09:36 AM   #656
julieboolie

Good morning!!

Izzy-glad the therapist is helping! You certainly have a lot to process!! It's so good to have someone to talk it out with. I'm glad your dad has been independent so long! Moving to the home was good for my mom, needed care and socialization, but she's getting less active as a result too . A hard season.

Deb-gravity has not been kind to my skin either...but it is what it is . I'm often asked if I'm the granma to my little ones...kinda humbling .

Scale down to 171.4 this morning. I'll take it! Still eating about 1000 cals a day and it's not that hard really. If it will work and get me back to my range, I will try to transition slowly this time. It's the regaining that kills me! You work so hard to lose and I let a vacation or holiday mess it all up.

Hope you have a good day!

Old 11-01-2017, 03:54 AM   #657
shari
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Hump Day!!

Quick post before heading into work. Okay, the truth: I've been slacking on and off for awhile. I tried kale drinks for about two days and was like, nope...not what I want to do. I've gone back on low carb, but yesterday with cookies and candy, went off the rails--my thoughts yesterday--"well I've cheated, might as well eat what I want for the rest of the day" ... I just feel so out of control right now. It seems nothing sticks, but I need to make it stick, something! My weight and clothes are uncomfortable which usually makes me jump into a quick weight loss plan by now (yeah, like hhcg). I think I'm experiencing extreme diet fatigue in which I'm so tired of 'dieting' so I have to find something that doesn't feel like a diet, but I can do as a lifestyle change. I'm thinking should I just go WW? That way I'm able to eat anything, but within a calorie limit? I was considering JUDDD too but I think the DDs could lead into a binge. Sorry I'm over the map today, just feel like I need to put something 'out there', like finally taking the puzzle pieces out of the box, putting it on the floor, to finally start putting it all together. Any thoughts? What's working for you all?
Old 11-01-2017, 06:45 AM   #658
Deb294evr
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Me too Shari! Today is THE day for me. I have been re watching Keto Karma videos and they have motivated me back to doing LC Keto Style. FOR ME, this means less than 20 g of NET carbs. Anything goes within that 20 net carb count.

I will take it one day at a time, but I am going to make this a lifestyle now that I am FREE!!!!! from my Mother's cooking and the lovely summer fruit is out of season.

I think if I can get a good week or two under my belt, I will be ok through the holidays this year. I MUST DO SOMETHING!!! no more excuses because my Son is getting married next fall and I MUST be feeling good about myself by then.

So diet fatigued myself, but I just have to get a new lifestyle going.

You can do it Shari!!!

We all can, but our minds have to be in the right place for whatever you choose to be a Lifestyle change. Diet's don't work!
Old 11-01-2017, 10:05 AM   #659
Izzysdream
Senior LCF Member

I don't know how much Ill be online visiting this site now. Unless it's a fluke, this website seems to be blocked now on my computer at work. (sucks because I'm a receptionist and I maybe get 6 calls a day, it's very sloooow!)
Trying out a coworkers pc and this site works fine. Oh well. So, if I'm not here much, that is why.
Old 11-01-2017, 10:18 AM   #660
Deb294evr
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I don't know how much Ill be online visiting this site now. Unless it's a fluke, this website seems to be blocked now on my computer at work. (sucks because I'm a receptionist and I maybe get 6 calls a day, it's very sloooow!)
Trying out a coworkers pc and this site works fine. Oh well. So, if I'm not here much, that is why.
BOOOOO!! Sorry Izzy!! I hope it gets Unblocked for you!!!