Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 10-18-2017, 04:33 PM   #61
jeaniem
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 170/129.8/125-130 5'1
WOE: lc
Hey Ashley
Good to see you posting! I have been on track with stillman-ish the past few days as well. I hope to be at goal by Thanksgiving again, sigh...

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/sh...d.php?t=883453
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2017, 05:31 PM   #62
betterthanever
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: betterthanever
Stats: 265/168...168/155
WOE: Atkins/fasting
Start Date: Feb 2014
I'm committing for 2 weeks for sure. If I start to lose, I'll continue on 'til Thanksgiving, also. It's been stubborn lately. I may have to bounce around between different techniques--that's what I had to do 1 1/2 years ago, when I was at this point.

The past 3 days, I've been eating about 500 cal/day. You would think that would work! but like I said, when I water fasted for 4 days, I did not lose a thing until I started eating again, and then I dropped a couple pounds. So, not sure how my body is working.
Old 10-21-2017, 08:55 PM   #63
betterthanever
Major LCF Poster!

5 days of perfect Stillmans, less than 500 cal. No weight loss. To say I am discouraged is an understatement. Going to eat regular low carb this weekend, and I will have to think about next week. Maybe I have to mix things up for my body.
Old 10-22-2017, 06:15 AM   #64
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 231.2/207.6/155 5'7"
WOE: Keto-Stillman
Still on plan. Tomorrow is 1 week. I will post my loss then. I have avoided the scale this week. It would have been all numbers I have seen too many times in the last 6 months.
Old 10-22-2017, 06:18 AM   #65
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by betterthanever View Post
5 days of perfect Stillmans, less than 500 cal. No weight loss. To say I am discouraged is an understatement. Going to eat regular low carb this weekend, and I will have to think about next week. Maybe I have to mix things up for my body.
Have you done the plan with higher calories? I am wondering if your body isnt in starvation mode with only 500 calories. Upping your calories might let your body know it is safe to drop some weight. I am no expert on it, I do know that I stall badly when my calories drop that low.

I hope things start moving for you. This plan is hard enough with weight loss, It is crushing to do it without any loss.
Old 10-22-2017, 04:08 PM   #66
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: PACarolsue
Stats: 217/199/? 5'2"
WOE: Whatever Works
Start Date: Tomorrow
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanslist View Post
Ha! Winky jelllo! I forgot about that!
Ok. A lurker wants to know what winky jello is. LOL

"The first step to solving a problem is to admit that one exists."
Dr Jason Fung
PACarolsue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 04:30 AM   #67
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!

Down 6 for the week. I have a couple unavoidable dinners this week that are not going to be on plan. I have no control over what is being served. I guess I will deal with those when they get here.

I also want to know what winky jello is!
Old 10-23-2017, 04:12 PM   #68
betterthanever
Major LCF Poster!

Bratty--I don't know what's going on. Theoretically, even eating so low calorie, my body should just use my body fat to supply its needs. If I eat 90g protein and stay under 20 carbs/fat, which is what the protocol is, then that amounts to less than 500 calories. Supposedly I would not need to eat any more than this. It SHOULD be working. But, it's not. So... I'm going to eat regular low carb this week, and give my body a rest from the hard work it has been doing. Then next week when I'm back at work, I'll do some fasting.
Old 10-26-2017, 04:17 AM   #69
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: deanslist
Stats: 5'3.5" 185/125/120-123
WOE: Stillman diet/flexibility on weekends
Start Date: 1999 (Atkins) Lost most of my weight
Haha.. you guys are funny. Winky jello is an aspartame-laden treat I get from Wal-mart and mix with yogurt and/or FF cottage cheese. It’s good if you want something sweet and a lot of food/volume for not many cals.

I was off it a long time but funny you mentioned it because I bought some again like 3 days ago after months of not buying it- the 12 pack is almost gone... lol

I’ve been doing strict Stillmans for 2 days now, other than the abuse of Winky jello. Lol

Melissa's Headroom
http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=889720

Desperately Seeking Balance
http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=890147
deanslist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 08:21 AM   #70
jeaniem
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 170/129.8/125-130 5'1
WOE: lc
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
Down 6 for the week. I have a couple unavoidable dinners this week that are not going to be on plan. I have no control over what is being served. I guess I will deal with those when they get here.

I also want to know what winky jello is!
Way to go on 6 pounds

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/sh...d.php?t=883453
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 07:52 AM   #71
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

I googled Winky Jello and now I understand what it is. I never think to buy those premade jellos as I always buy the SF Jello and make my own. Next time I'm in Walmart I'm going to look for it. Our Walmart is really small and doesn't carry all products. I eat a lot of plain greek yogurt. When I want a treat, I mix in some flavored powder SF Coffee Creamer. I never thought to mix in jello, but now I'd like to try it.

Dr Jason Fung
Old 10-27-2017, 09:25 AM   #72
betterthanever
Major LCF Poster!

I found a new kind of yogurt, "Kite Hill," available at Whole Foods and my local big health food store. It only has 5carbs per 8 oz, and 13g fat. It's pricy, but I've been craving yogurt lately so I splurged on a couple. Either add AS and some berries, or some chocolate protein powder for a semi-pudding like dessert.
Old 10-27-2017, 11:07 AM   #73
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

The greek yogurt I buy is Cabot. What I have now is the full fat, like in LCHF, but next time I might try the low fat. They both have 12gm of carb per cup, but the full fat has 22gm of fat and the low fat has 5 gm.

I never heard of Kite Hill, but it might not be in my area. We do not have a local Whole Foods.

Edit: I just googled Kite Hill and it is dairy free, made from almond milk.

Dr Jason Fung

Last edited by PACarolsue; 10-27-2017 at 11:10 AM..
Old 10-27-2017, 03:47 PM   #74
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACarolsue View Post
I googled Winky Jello and now I understand what it is. I never think to buy those premade jellos as I always buy the SF Jello and make my own. Next time I'm in Walmart I'm going to look for it. Our Walmart is really small and doesn't carry all products. I eat a lot of plain greek yogurt. When I want a treat, I mix in some flavored powder SF Coffee Creamer. I never thought to mix in jello, but now I'd like to try it.
I like it! When I need a treat I mix it with a little cool whip light. Not totally perfect Stillmans, but whatevs. It's delicious and helps me stick to it. If I feel unsatisfied for too long, I struggle to stay with the plan.

Another treat I like is cashew milk heated with a little stevia and a teaspoon of cocoa powder. Yummy like hot chocolate, and only about 30 cals a cup.

Sugar free Jello brand is made with sucralose.. it's just more expensive than the 12 pack of Winky

At least I gave up the Arctic Zero. I was spending way too much on that and it's 7 carbs per half cup. Not great for Stillmans (especially when I like to have 2 servings at once).

Melissa's Headroom

Last edited by deanslist; 10-27-2017 at 03:52 PM..
Old 10-27-2017, 04:46 PM   #75
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Deanslist, you have done very well with your weight loss, and although you say you struggle to stay on plan, you seem to be maintaining. I also never heard of Artic Zero and had to google that, too. Looks yummy, but I know myself. I would eat the whole carton as soon as I got it home. So things like that have to be off my list. One time I bought a 6 pack of Bryers Low Carb treats and ate them all the day I bought them. I do much better just sticking to my whole foods.

I did go to Walmart for the Winky Jello but I bought the parfaits. They were 1 carb wheras the plain are 0 carb. I think I can still mix some of it with my yogurt.

Stillmans looks interesting to me. I might like to try it but can it be done just a few days each week, like JUDDD or a 5:2 plan? I can't see myself giving up veggies long term.

Dr Jason Fung
Old 10-28-2017, 06:47 PM   #76
betterthanever
Major LCF Poster!

I tried Arctic Zero chocolate ice cream this week. Not impressed. Didn't stop me from eating it, tho. :-( I also bought some "ChocZero" this week on Amazon. The milk chocolate is very good. Too good. I can't eat just one. I don't know what got into me, that I bought all this "special" low carb stuff this week. It's just not good for me. I need to stick to regular food. I like to have something like that around for if I'm just dying for something special; but unfortunately, I eat it if it's in the house, so that doesn't work. I'll need to stick with something I have to MAKE to eat.

I'll probably mix some sugar free jello mix into that Kite Hill yogurt if I'm looking for a low fat treat.

I have an AWESOME hot cocoa recipe...contains protein powder, unsweetened cocoa, a little cottage cheese, sweetener, and almond milk. I honestly find it richer than regular cocoa! Let me know if anyone wants it.
Old 10-30-2017, 06:42 PM   #77
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by betterthanever View Post
I tried Arctic Zero chocolate ice cream this week. Not impressed. Didn't stop me from eating it, tho. :-( I also bought some "ChocZero" this week on Amazon. The milk chocolate is very good. Too good. I can't eat just one. I don't know what got into me, that I bought all this "special" low carb stuff this week. It's just not good for me. I need to stick to regular food. I like to have something like that around for if I'm just dying for something special; but unfortunately, I eat it if it's in the house, so that doesn't work. I'll need to stick with something I have to MAKE to eat.

I'll probably mix some sugar free jello mix into that Kite Hill yogurt if I'm looking for a low fat treat.

I have an AWESOME hot cocoa recipe...contains protein powder, unsweetened cocoa, a little cottage cheese, sweetener, and almond milk. I honestly find it richer than regular cocoa! Let me know if anyone wants it.
Yeah, the chocolate is very average. I hate the ones that are hard and icy like the oreo cookie and peanut butter cup, which in theory sound like they'd be good.

My favorites as far as Arctic Zero goes in the low fat/low carb varieties are Hint of Mint, Maple Vanilla, and Sea Salt Caramel. They have 7 carbs per serving. I heat it in the microwave for 30 seconds.

The Brownie Blast is quite delicious but I think it has 11 carbs per half cup.. also it's not gluten free so once I realized that I decided to avoid it. Too bad, it was very yummy but easy to knock off the pint with all the chewy 'brownie' bites.

Melissa's Headroom

Old 10-30-2017, 06:44 PM   #78
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACarolsue View Post
Deanslist, you have done very well with your weight loss, and although you say you struggle to stay on plan, you seem to be maintaining. I also never heard of Artic Zero and had to google that, too. Looks yummy, but I know myself. I would eat the whole carton as soon as I got it home. So things like that have to be off my list. One time I bought a 6 pack of Bryers Low Carb treats and ate them all the day I bought them. I do much better just sticking to my whole foods.

I did go to Walmart for the Winky Jello but I bought the parfaits. They were 1 carb wheras the plain are 0 carb. I think I can still mix some of it with my yogurt.

Stillmans looks interesting to me. I might like to try it but can it be done just a few days each week, like JUDDD or a 5:2 plan? I can't see myself giving up veggies long term.
Thanks Carol, yeah I do maintain ok but it's hard for me to ever relax because I know how easy it is for pounds to creep. It's seems that maintaining is harder than losing...

I know what you mean about overeating low carb treats. I've had to limit them to weekends only, which has worked out ok for me.

Melissa's Headroom

Old 10-30-2017, 06:45 PM   #79
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I actually had a good Stillman day today. Two cups of black coffee in the morning, and then nothing all day til 7 pm. For dinner I had lean turkey breast with mustard, a fat free greek yogurt, half cup of cottage cheese, and 3 winky jellos.

500 calories and I'm stuffed and done for the day. That's rare!

Melissa's Headroom

Old 10-30-2017, 09:32 PM   #80
Peace
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Peace
Hi Everyone

I am not sure if this is the place where I belong, but Stillmans has always worked for me before to maintain, and even lose. I am zero carb now, but sometimes I eat bacon and not always lean lean lean chicken breast. Just seeing how this goes to shed the last few lbs, not much but maybe 5-7.

Think it is ok if I post here with you all?
Peace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 07:12 AM   #81
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Starting 2 weeks no cheats today. Anyone in?

Melissa's Headroom

Old 11-01-2017, 08:34 AM   #82
BuffyTVS
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BuffyTVS
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanslist View Post
Starting 2 weeks no cheats today. Anyone in?
Hi there I will join you! I float in and out of Stillmans when I need a jumpstart (like NOW... tooooo many Halloween treats got the best of me!)

I am actually planning a 3 week run beginning tomorrow and going up to (American) Thanksgiving on 11/23.
BuffyTVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 02:59 PM   #83
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffyTVS View Post
Hi there I will join you! I float in and out of Stillmans when I need a jumpstart (like NOW... tooooo many Halloween treats got the best of me!)

I am actually planning a 3 week run beginning tomorrow and going up to (American) Thanksgiving on 11/23.
Sounds great! Glad to have someone along for motivation!

Melissa's Headroom

Old 11-01-2017, 03:00 PM   #84
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Doing well today. It’s 4 pm and all I’ve had is a half cup of cottage cheese so far.

I need to figure out what to do for dinner/ probably lean turkey breast, more cottage cheese, and maybe some yogurt.

Melissa's Headroom

Old 11-02-2017, 05:14 PM   #85
Peace
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Peace
I am in. I had a little chicken and really lean bacon at 4. I will have a chicken breast for dinner later.
Peace is offline   Reply With Quote