Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-25-2013, 11:01 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!
Gallery: millergirl1976
Stats: 158/158/135<- 28in waist
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: 3/5/18
Charski's Oven Friend Artichoke Hearts

I copied this recipe from Charski from a thread about artichokes over in the PG many months ago.
What I do - defrost and drain them well. Beat up an eggwhite til just frothy. Throw the little artichoke hearts in that, stir to coat well. (Feed the yolk to the dogs or cats)

Now take about a cup of green-can Parm cheese and put in a shallow dish. Add some garlic powder to it and mix it up good. Toss the hearts in, a few at a time, and coat well with the cheese. Place them in a single layer on a nonstick foil lined baking sheet. Spray lightly with olive oil spray. Put into preheated 400* oven; turn over in about 10 minutes or so, til they're browned a bit on all sides. Let cool a few minutes before eating.

Ta da, easy ovenfried artichoke hearts!

Any of the sauces mentioned are great with these, or just ketchup.

I finally made them last night- yum!! I used Egg Beaters, and added some garlic salt and pork rinds to my parm. They are so delicious! I just had a few leftover for a snack. I made a sauce out of plain greek yogurt, dill and crushed garlic.

Thank you for this terrific recipe!
Fall seven times, stand up eight.
- Japanese proverb

Fitness - If it came in a bottle, everybody would have a great body.
- Cher
millergirl1976 is offline   Reply With Quote