Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-23-2009, 07:18 PM   #1
Charski
Gadget Gal

Gallery: Charski
Start Date: May 2003
Char's Killer Crustless Quiche

I adapted a recipe I found on Allrecipes.com called Chicken Spinach Quiche, but by the time I got done with it - it bears little resemblance to the original! No crust, cream & water instead of milk, ditched the spinach and chicken called for in favor of turkey, bacon, green onions...well you'll see! DH rated it A+ and I say 5 stars.

Char's Killer Crustless Quiche

Preheat oven to 350*

1/4 cup smoked sheep's milk cheese, finely grated
3/4 cup shredded 3 cheese blend (Trader Joe's or similar)
1 cup cooked turkey, cut into small dice
3 slices cooked bacon, snipped crosswise into small pieces
2 green onions, sliced
1/2 small serrano pepper, seeded and minced
2 eggs
1/2 cup cream mixed with 1/4 cup water
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly-ground pepper
Pinch nutmeg

Butter for 9" pie pan

Grease the bottom and sides of a 9" pie pan with a small pat of butter - you want to coat the pan but not smear thick chunks of butter in it.

Sprinkle the bottom of the pan with the 1/4 cup sheep's milk cheese (you could sub freshly-grated Parm or similar).

Mix together the turkey, green onion, serrano pepper, bacon, and 3/4 cup 3 cheese blend. Spread evenly over cheese in pan.

Mix together the eggs, cream/water, mayo, and seasonings. Pour evenly over ingredients already in the pie pan. Place on a cookie sheet and pop into the preheated oven. Set timer for 25 minutes and check for doneness. I use a convection oven so mine was done at about 29 minutes - the original recipe called for 30 to 40 minutes in a regular oven. A knife inserted into the center should come out just clean.

Remove from oven, tent loosely with foil and let stand 10 minutes before serving.

This was the BEST quiche I've ever made! I can see it with all KINDS of variations in the filling. Just keep the proportions about the same and I think you can make most anything work.

I don't have the nutritional info, sorry! I've not had a chance to run it through MasterCook yet.

It SHOULD make 6 to 8 servings, depending on whether it's a main course or a side dish or breakfast. DH ate half of it and I ate 1/4! So we have 1/4 left to eat for breakfast with some sausage patties and good coffee and cream!

Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck.

I reject your reality and substitute my own! ~~ Adam on Mythbusters

Last edited by Charski; 01-23-2009 at 07:20 PM..
Charski is offline   Reply With Quote