Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 08-12-2017, 05:16 PM   #91
kimmiejean
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kimmiejean
Stats: 234/221/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Married 37 Years
Oscar Mayer are our favorite! The taco soup recipe you posted is the one I use! I thought it was Linda Sue's. I have it memorized so I don't have the written one. LOL

Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2017, 09:19 AM   #92
Crazy1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Crazy1
Stats: 198/182/140
WOE: Atkins'92. JUDDD

Going2: I had to chuckle about your "mega' win ; $2, yup, big winner! I agree with you that 10 million would be nice and after that; well, I guess one would set up foundations and such, to help others.

Housing is expensive where I live, and 1 million is a common price and even if one travels the world, shares with family, friends, church and charities, there would still be $$$ left. I mean, we all won't wear jackets worth 56K. Well, I know that I wouldn't. And yes, I do have 100 pairs of shoes but they are not high end brand names; most of them under $100.

I guess the wealthy just live differently...................so are you a winner???? or a loser???? Right now, I would like to be a Loser! This pound up, pound down is driving me crazy!

Jeanne: Buffets are not my favourite either. A little of this, a little of that....it all adds up. I don't have a sweet tooth as such so I am usually content with one treat. DH likes to choose 3 or 4 and then of course, he enjoys all of them.

DD has been busy helping her friend but she does think she will be able to join us for lunch tomorrow before she heads home. No, no job yet. Job offers, yes, but she is fussy. Says not enough $$$. so....no job!

As for hot dogs, oh, I love them all! Well, not really; there are some that taste better than others. We have different brands than the US and the cheaper ones are not as tasty as the more expensive ones. I do try to buy the ones with 1 carb but occasionally will splurge on a 3 carb one!

Planning ahead is definitely wise. And tracking every BLT(Bite,Lick,Taste). We can do this!

Happy Sunday to you all!

Onward and downward!
Crazy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 05:35 AM   #93
kimmiejean
Senior LCF Member

Tuesday Meals

eggs with sausage and cream cheese
hamburger patty with cheese hot dog and mustard
chicken with salad
Old 08-15-2017, 05:38 AM   #94
kimmiejean
Senior LCF Member

So I'm back on track I found out that a friend of mine has been on Atkins and has already lost 14 pounds......She lives in another state and I'm like I CAN DO THIS!!! I have put my mind to it that when I see here in September, I WILL weigh less.
Old 08-16-2017, 04:26 AM   #95
Going2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Going2
Stats: 223/216(166)/150 5'8"
Start Date: January 2003
Popping in for a quick hi!

Crazy1 - True dat on being a "loser" is a winner around here--ha!

Kimmiejean - You are off to a great start there!

Went to lunch with my estranged sister after 9 months of limited contact. It was a bit awkward but it was also nice to see her, get caught up; I have really missed her. Think it'll take some more time, she didn't seem to be as receptive as I was, maybe we were both nervous. She did manage to get a couple of judgmental digs at me during our conversation but I'm just letting them roll off, she's not going to change. I know I kept my comments positive and made sure to be complimentary, no reason not to.

So I came home and stress-ate. Oh well, at least made some progress on one front, and today's a new day, a fresh start.
Going2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 05:50 AM   #96
kimmiejean
Senior LCF Member

Wednesday's Meals

2 scrambled eggs with butter, cream cheese, 1/2 cheese brat
Chicken, with cheese and salad
Tuna and salad

8/15/2017 - 229
8/16/2017 - 228

I'm doing this~~~~I have a lot of support this time around. I've following several Keto threads on another board and I'm in contact with good friend exchanging recipes.
Old 08-16-2017, 11:16 AM   #97
Crazy1
Senior LCF Member

Hello Friends,

Yes, it is a new day. Stress eating can derail us but start fresh; keep calm and carry on! Remember, it's progress, not perfection!

Family dynamics are certainly interesting. I really wasn't aware that many families were so dysfunctional until my mother passed away and my family fell apart. Oh, I guess my family had been dysfunctional for many years, but I just wasn't aware of it. I guess it's best to keep reaching out Going2. It's all you can do. If something were to happen to your sister, at least you could say that you tried.

My mother was the glue that held us all together. My father, on the other hand, well, he has his favorite and that's it. The rest of us don't count. It doesn't matter that his favorite doesn't live in Canada, and actually raised his family overseas; they are the most important ones.

They send emails once a week; short ones, like a text, but my father lives for those words. I call twice a week for hour long updates and my youngest brother goes over daily but we are not important.

We do worry about my dad. He keeps spending money on his lady friend.....gave her $$ to buy a new dress for the wedding....bought her a new washer/dryer.....paid for car repairs....., bought seasons tickets for dinner theater, unbelievable! I know that my father is sad and lonely but this woman is just using him. I am sure my father gets an ego fix by being seen with a woman young enough to be his daughter and buying her things probably makes him feel good. But we worry.

No weight loss to report. Just keep going up and down on the Mind you, I haven't been following Juddd rotations either so that's probably why. Must get my act together.

Good job kimmiejean on getting back on track. Your success is encouraging.

Shout out to Jeanne, Bestielou, Michele, Monica, kal, tammy, Jan and anyone I've missed.

Onward and downward!
Old 08-17-2017, 01:16 PM   #98
Crazy1
Senior LCF Member

How's everyone doing? I have fallen off the wagon but am picking myself back up. You know those crackers that I have been saving........ well, I ate them! The entire box! But they are gone now and I won't be able to get my hands on another box for months so......it's a new day.

With that in mind, I baked! Doesn't make much sense but I was gifted with a humungous zucchini so I made 4 large loaves of Zucchini bread and 12 mini loaves of Chocolate Zucchini bread. My freezer is full but I did manage to squeeze in 3 bags of shredded zucchini to use later. No more baking! And the next time I am offered zucchini, I need to say "NO"!

I have food in my fridge that needs to be eaten but I think I might have to do a modified egg fast soon. Maybe 2 or 3 days of just eggs. Not eggs and cheese like a traditional egg fast; just eggs. Gotta get back on track!

Best whooshes to you all.

Onward and downward.
Old 08-18-2017, 05:01 AM   #99
Going2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Going2
Stats: 223/216(166)/150 5'8"
Start Date: January 2003
Crazy1 - Yah, family dynamics sure can mess with your heart and mess with your head, causing all kinds of problems, sigh. That zucch bread sounds delicious! Good luck with the egg fast, here it can get you off to a running start with ketosis.

So I think I injured my knee about 3 weeks ago when I was mowing the lawn and fell, but onto my butt. About 2 days later my leg area around my knee was feeling sore, then it got a little worse, but I never had swelling or pain in the knee itself. Well it wasn't much better after 2 weeks but I was in denial about getting a dr. appt. so another few days passed and yesterday was a rough day, so I decided it was time to get medical treatment. Well, this morning I tripped over something and really wrenched it but good, brought me to tears for a minute, and now I;m waiting for phone lines to open to get an appt. It's Friday too, so may be especially difficult with drs. on vacations and other folks squeezing inlast-minute appts. At least we have an urgent care place nearby, and am blessed to have DH home teleworking to take me.

Here's the rub: I realize this extra weight isn't helping my knees (or health)--a real eye-opener--and knuckled down on my dieting resolve earlier this week, and now this--waaahhh! Praying it's a ligament injury and not a cartilage tear needing surgery--wish me luck!
Going2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 05:20 AM   #100
kimmiejean
Senior LCF Member

It's FRIDAY!!!

8/15/2017 229
8/16/2017 228
8/17/2017 227