Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 08-06-2017, 03:30 PM   #1
sbwertz
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sbwertz
Stats: Low carb for blood sugar control
Ninja Pro BL660

Since I haven't had anything but a food processor and a stick blender for more than 40 years, when Sam's Club put their Ninja BL660 Pro (with the two personal drink cups) on sale Saturday for $70, I bit the bullet and bought it. I've been making a lot of shakes lately while my husband was ill, and the food processor isn't nearly as good as a blender for crushing ice for a smoothie. Plus it is very limited how much liquid you can put in it before it starts to leak, and it is much more difficult to clean afterwards than a blender is. My stick blender is an expensive Braun and I don't really like to use it for ice, either.

So I now have a blender on steroids!

Any of you out there have this blender? Can you give me some tips on getting the most out of it?

Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-2017, 01:05 PM   #2
Nigel
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Nigel
I have a couple of Ninja's, not that particular model, but I love both of mine and use one of them every day.
I've never wore one out yet and I'm hard on blenders.

You got that for a great price.

I use mine for smoothies, whole fiber juicing, grinding coffee, crushing ice, making milkshakes, etc.
I know it has a dough hook, but I'm not much of a baker so I haven't used it for that.
I have made salsa & pica de gallo by using the pulse button and it comes out great.
You can use it for guacamole or salad dressings or making mayo.
You can do with a Ninja, just about what you can do with a Vitamix.
I don't know if it will heat up soup like the Vitamix, but I've never tried.
I have ground up coffee beans effortlessly in mine.
I use the individual cups a lot. Mine came with 32 oz, 24 oz, and 16oz and I ordered extra of the 32 oz since I was doing a lot of juicing.

My Tip is to wash the parts right away. You can put water in the big container and just turn on the machine and it will clean it.Then all you have to do is rinse it out or use some dishsoap and hand wash it, which is a snap. I don't remember if they are dishwasher safe but I'm thinking they are. I hardly ever use the dishwasher.

For all the blades, I wash them as soon as I'm done with them. For the cups, as soon as I am done drinking from them. The extra cups I put in the fridge with juice for later on. I only have one lid and the booklet says not to store anything in the container with the blade on it, so I just use glad wrap for lids in the fridge. I should order more lids, but I never think about it.

There are some old Ninja threads, but I don't know if they are any tips in them.
I am sure you will like your new appliance (I call mine toys).

Last edited by Nigel; 08-07-2017 at 01:17 PM..
Nigel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 05:22 AM   #3
sbwertz
Senior LCF Member

It is certainly a monster! It has a two quart container and a tall multi-bladed cutter. The first time I tried a milkshake in it we had to eat it with a spoon LOL.
Old 08-15-2017, 12:17 PM   #4
kind
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kind
WOE: >
Start Date: April1 2013
I love my vitamix.
kind is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 02:31 PM   #5
sbwertz
Senior LCF Member

I'm really loving this blender. It is about twice as big as any blender I have ever had, and takes up a lot of counter real estate, but it is worth it. As I really get to know it better, I will post again.

And, yes, it is dishwasher safe, but so far I have just put a drop or two of dish soap and some water in the blender and turned it on...came clean as a whistle. Just rinse out the soap! I have put the little 16 oz cups in the dishwasher.

Last edited by sbwertz; 08-20-2017 at 02:33 PM..
sbwertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 04:04 PM   #6
Nigel
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Nigel
I'm glad you are liking it sbwertz. I thought you would.
I love both of mine.

And comparing them to a Vitamix...I have never had to use the tamping rod so I love that about them.

I used to have a vitamix.
Nigel is offline   Reply With Quote