Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 08-12-2017, 05:16 PM   #91
kimmiejean
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kimmiejean
Stats: 234/221/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Married 37 Years
Oscar Mayer are our favorite! The taco soup recipe you posted is the one I use! I thought it was Linda Sue's. I have it memorized so I don't have the written one. LOL

Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2017, 09:19 AM   #92
Crazy1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Crazy1
Stats: 198/182/140
WOE: Atkins'92. JUDDD

Going2: I had to chuckle about your "mega' win ; $2, yup, big winner! I agree with you that 10 million would be nice and after that; well, I guess one would set up foundations and such, to help others.

Housing is expensive where I live, and 1 million is a common price and even if one travels the world, shares with family, friends, church and charities, there would still be $$$ left. I mean, we all won't wear jackets worth 56K. Well, I know that I wouldn't. And yes, I do have 100 pairs of shoes but they are not high end brand names; most of them under $100.

I guess the wealthy just live differently...................so are you a winner???? or a loser???? Right now, I would like to be a Loser! This pound up, pound down is driving me crazy!

Jeanne: Buffets are not my favourite either. A little of this, a little of that....it all adds up. I don't have a sweet tooth as such so I am usually content with one treat. DH likes to choose 3 or 4 and then of course, he enjoys all of them.

DD has been busy helping her friend but she does think she will be able to join us for lunch tomorrow before she heads home. No, no job yet. Job offers, yes, but she is fussy. Says not enough $$$. so....no job!

As for hot dogs, oh, I love them all! Well, not really; there are some that taste better than others. We have different brands than the US and the cheaper ones are not as tasty as the more expensive ones. I do try to buy the ones with 1 carb but occasionally will splurge on a 3 carb one!

Planning ahead is definitely wise. And tracking every BLT(Bite,Lick,Taste). We can do this!

Happy Sunday to you all!

Onward and downward!
Crazy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 05:35 AM   #93
kimmiejean
Senior LCF Member

Tuesday Meals

eggs with sausage and cream cheese
hamburger patty with cheese hot dog and mustard
chicken with salad
Old 08-15-2017, 05:38 AM   #94
kimmiejean
Senior LCF Member

So I'm back on track I found out that a friend of mine has been on Atkins and has already lost 14 pounds......She lives in another state and I'm like I CAN DO THIS!!! I have put my mind to it that when I see here in September, I WILL weigh less.
Old 08-16-2017, 04:26 AM   #95
Going2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Going2
Stats: 223/207(166)/150 5'8"
Start Date: January 2003
Popping in for a quick hi!

Crazy1 - True dat on being a "loser" is a winner around here--ha!

Kimmiejean - You are off to a great start there!

Went to lunch with my estranged sister after 9 months of limited contact. It was a bit awkward but it was also nice to see her, get caught up; I have really missed her. Think it'll take some more time, she didn't seem to be as receptive as I was, maybe we were both nervous. She did manage to get a couple of judgmental digs at me during our conversation but I'm just letting them roll off, she's not going to change. I know I kept my comments positive and made sure to be complimentary, no reason not to.

So I came home and stress-ate. Oh well, at least made some progress on one front, and today's a new day, a fresh start.
Going2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 05:50 AM   #96
kimmiejean
Senior LCF Member

Wednesday's Meals

2 scrambled eggs with butter, cream cheese, 1/2 cheese brat
Chicken, with cheese and salad
Tuna and salad

8/15/2017 - 229
8/16/2017 - 228

I'm doing this~~~~I have a lot of support this time around. I've following several Keto threads on another board and I'm in contact with good friend exchanging recipes.
Old 08-16-2017, 11:16 AM   #97
Crazy1
Senior LCF Member

Hello Friends,

Yes, it is a new day. Stress eating can derail us but start fresh; keep calm and carry on! Remember, it's progress, not perfection!

Family dynamics are certainly interesting. I really wasn't aware that many families were so dysfunctional until my mother passed away and my family fell apart. Oh, I guess my family had been dysfunctional for many years, but I just wasn't aware of it. I guess it's best to keep reaching out Going2. It's all you can do. If something were to happen to your sister, at least you could say that you tried.

My mother was the glue that held us all together. My father, on the other hand, well, he has his favorite and that's it. The rest of us don't count. It doesn't matter that his favorite doesn't live in Canada, and actually raised his family overseas; they are the most important ones.

They send emails once a week; short ones, like a text, but my father lives for those words. I call twice a week for hour long updates and my youngest brother goes over daily but we are not important.

We do worry about my dad. He keeps spending money on his lady friend.....gave her $$ to buy a new dress for the wedding....bought her a new washer/dryer.....paid for car repairs....., bought seasons tickets for dinner theater, unbelievable! I know that my father is sad and lonely but this woman is just using him. I am sure my father gets an ego fix by being seen with a woman young enough to be his daughter and buying her things probably makes him feel good. But we worry.

No weight loss to report. Just keep going up and down on the Mind you, I haven't been following Juddd rotations either so that's probably why. Must get my act together.

Good job kimmiejean on getting back on track. Your success is encouraging.

Shout out to Jeanne, Bestielou, Michele, Monica, kal, tammy, Jan and anyone I've missed.

Onward and downward!
Old 08-17-2017, 01:16 PM   #98
Crazy1
Senior LCF Member

How's everyone doing? I have fallen off the wagon but am picking myself back up. You know those crackers that I have been saving........ well, I ate them! The entire box! But they are gone now and I won't be able to get my hands on another box for months so......it's a new day.

With that in mind, I baked! Doesn't make much sense but I was gifted with a humungous zucchini so I made 4 large loaves of Zucchini bread and 12 mini loaves of Chocolate Zucchini bread. My freezer is full but I did manage to squeeze in 3 bags of shredded zucchini to use later. No more baking! And the next time I am offered zucchini, I need to say "NO"!

I have food in my fridge that needs to be eaten but I think I might have to do a modified egg fast soon. Maybe 2 or 3 days of just eggs. Not eggs and cheese like a traditional egg fast; just eggs. Gotta get back on track!

Best whooshes to you all.

Onward and downward.
Old 08-18-2017, 05:01 AM   #99
Going2
Senior LCF Member

Crazy1 - Yah, family dynamics sure can mess with your heart and mess with your head, causing all kinds of problems, sigh. That zucch bread sounds delicious! Good luck with the egg fast, here it can get you off to a running start with ketosis.

So I think I injured my knee about 3 weeks ago when I was mowing the lawn and fell, but onto my butt. About 2 days later my leg area around my knee was feeling sore, then it got a little worse, but I never had swelling or pain in the knee itself. Well it wasn't much better after 2 weeks but I was in denial about getting a dr. appt. so another few days passed and yesterday was a rough day, so I decided it was time to get medical treatment. Well, this morning I tripped over something and really wrenched it but good, brought me to tears for a minute, and now I;m waiting for phone lines to open to get an appt. It's Friday too, so may be especially difficult with drs. on vacations and other folks squeezing inlast-minute appts. At least we have an urgent care place nearby, and am blessed to have DH home teleworking to take me.

Here's the rub: I realize this extra weight isn't helping my knees (or health)--a real eye-opener--and knuckled down on my dieting resolve earlier this week, and now this--waaahhh! Praying it's a ligament injury and not a cartilage tear needing surgery--wish me luck!
Old 08-18-2017, 05:20 AM   #100
kimmiejean
Senior LCF Member

It's FRIDAY!!!

8/15/2017 229
8/16/2017 228
8/17/2017 227
8/18/2017 226

Meals for the Day:
2 eggs with cream cheese and 1 slice of ham
Hamburger Patty with sliced cheese and salad
Hamburger Patty with sliced cheese and salad
FATBOMB!!
Old 08-19-2017, 04:01 AM   #101
Going2
Senior LCF Member

Kimmiejean - Sounds like you were celebrating the end to a week of good eating--WTG!

The good news is my knee is normal on Xray, no torn ligaments, and he thinks I sprained it 3 weeks ago then re-sprained it yesterday, but it should heal in a few weeks IF I am careful. The bad news is we won't know if it's a cartilage tear until the sprain heals and it may reveal itself then. Got some heavy duty NSAID to take for a few days, use a cane, take it easy (oh boy!).

I am being very mindful of the wake-up call I just got and know that if I don't make changes NOW, other health issues are sure to follow; I already know I'm probably pre-diabetic. This injury is a gift, in a way.

Had a good eating day (for a Friday) even with Chinese carryout--was "mindful" of every bite--have to take NSAIDs with food, you know <snort!>. Hopefully this sore knee will keep me on track the next few days and I'll "get into a groove" of good eating to get a nice start.

Weather's supposed to be decent this weekend, although I won't be active outdoors for it. Hope you all are having good days and enjoying the last few before school starts.
Old 08-19-2017, 12:21 PM   #102
Crazy1
Senior LCF Member

Hello Friends,

So sorry to hear about your knee injury, Going2. Glad it wasn't worse but be sure to take it easy. I agree maybe a "wake up call", but "a gift"; well, I wouldn't call pain a gift. And as much as NSAIDs should be taken with food, a couple of TUMS would also counter any stomach issues so you don't have to force feed or anything.

Great job kimmiejean. You are KUTGW!

Haven't heard from Jeanne in awhile. Hope all is well in her world.

Feeling a little down in the dumps. Cleaned out my "In-Box" the other day and found old emails from my mother. It was both comforting and sad at the same time.

And of course, I haven't lost any weight this summer so I am a little on the blue side. But you get out what you put in and I really haven't been on track. I know I can do it! We all can do it!

Onward and downward!
Old 08-20-2017, 02:26 PM   #103
jbatchelor
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/180/148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
Hi girls

I am so sorry I have been missing but life has thrown me a curveball....all the packing I have done to help out a friend has ended with her and her dog both living with me....the house she had bought has turned into a difficult situation...the house is in foreclosure or not--seems no one knows for sure--the sellers are still in the picture but apparently the USDA is also involved and like all governments agencies--time stands still when waiting for approval!!! so we moved her out of the house she sold on last sunday and she is staying here until the approval comes through or she just calls this house a lost causes and pulls out--we did find another house that would have been perfect--it had only been listed for 7 days and they had an offer on the 5th day--so that was the only one we really thought would work...so waiting game here

I have been so busy that I don't know which end is up but will still be here thinking about all of you--it is getting close to the end of this challenge and I too have had a difficult time with staying on track-still trying though!!!

hello to everyone--glad you are back kimmie- and crazy and going2--family issues can be so very hurtful--I think we all have been victims in those situations- hugs girls

hope we see some people return soon-maybe they will show up on the next challenge where we all start fresh once again.

I take my grandson to school all week this coming week--the son and his family from Indy came this weekend--it was the cream on the top--I am always exhausted when they come for a weekend--it was my son's 30th class reunion--he apparently enjoyed it way too much and was paying the price today... where does the time go??? hard to believe it has been that long--

Jeanne

“It’s in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped.” ~Anthony Robbins
jbatchelor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 04:25 AM   #104
Going2
Senior LCF Member

Happy Eclipse Day!

We're in the 80% eclipse range and it starts 1:17p ET here. Glasses are ready, although I'm not that excited about it.

Crazy1 - I get what you mean! Still have my stepdad's e-mails and he passed a year ago May; my mom didn't do e-mail. They are a bit of comfort but also tend to re-open some grief; he was very sentimental about my mom's passing a year and a half before. {{Hugs}}

Jeanne - Glad to hear from you! What a good friend you are, opening your home to her and the pup! Man, you sure are busy, but sounds like a lot of "loving work," especially with your family, a blessing. Cute about your son enjoying his reunion a bit too much, hahaha.

Had a pretty good eating weekend and was a model patient re: my knee. Am doing my little exercises 3 times daily and my knee feels a lot better today; don't need the cane now but may still do the brace if I get too active. So that's a yay after a scare there, a serious reminder of how bad things could get if I don't shape up.

Think the summer's knocked several of us off our eating and wellness plans. I was all cocky and thought I'd eat better with the abundance of fresh produce and be more active with the summer days but nah, I turned out to be lazier and more complacent than I thought! This month-long bad knee is also keeping me "down" a bit too.

I do have some good news: my sister has become receptive and we are texting like the "old days" and had 2 nice calls over the weekend--feels sooo good! Think we both wanted some healing so badly but had our guard up early last week. She is the only close relative on my side now and I need her a lot, the connection. I also have one nephew with a young family who lives an hour and a half away and was a bit ugly about his grandparents' wills, etc. so I told him over the winter to let us catch our breaths before connecting again, and that has kinda stretched into several months, my bad (not like he's reached out either)--he's the next stop on my healing path.

The last stop would be my oldest sister, who "left the family" 5 years ago due to mental health issues, even though I was her point of contact and we were close. She did not want to be found or contacted, even with a 3rd party contact for e-mails. Hope that one day she will try to re-connect, but her illness includes paranoia, even about her own family. I have accepted I may never see her again. Sigh.

Guess we all have a sad story or two. I'm lucky to be blessed with optimism and gratitude, a happy marriage, health, and security, but also know that can get yanked away in an instance, why I start my days with 10 deep breaths and thanking the universe.

Sending good vibes to all of you and wishes for good stuff to be part of your day as we get this last full week of August going!
Old 08-21-2017, 05:20 AM   #105
kimmiejean
Senior LCF Member

8/15/2017 229
8/16/2017 228
8/17/2017 227
8/18/2017 226
8/21/2017 225

Meals for the day:
1/2 Ribeye with blue cheese
1/2 Ribeye with blue Cheese
FATBOMB
Chicken and salad
FATBOMB

HAPPY MONDAY
Old 08-21-2017, 12:18 PM   #106
Going2
Senior LCF Member

Kimmiejean- What are your fat bombs made out of? We love ribeye around here, especially freshly grilled--yum!
Old 08-21-2017, 01:24 PM   #107
kimmiejean
Senior LCF Member

Chocolate Peanut Butter Fat Bombs

Servings Prep Time
1 tray 5 minutes

Cook Time Passive Time
0 minutes 1 hour

ingredients
Chocolate Layer:

◾2 tbs coconut oil melted
◾4 tbs peanut butter
◾4 tbs unsweetened cocoa powder
◾1/4 tsp vanilla extract
◾1/4 tsp Stevia (I used 1/4 cup Swerve instead of stevia)
Peanut Butter Layer:

◾2 tbs coconut oil melted
◾4 tbsp peanut butter or almond butter
◾1/4 tsp vanilla
◾1/4 tsp Stevia
Instructions
Chocolate Layer

1. Combine all ingredients for chocolate layer, stir till smooth.
2. Pour in muffin cups and freeze about 10 minutes.
Peanut Butter Layer
1. Combine all ingredients for peanut butter layer.
2. Pour on top of chocolate.
3. Freeze until firm.
4. Keep refrigerated or frozen until ready to eat

Last edited by kimmiejean; 08-21-2017 at 01:25 PM..
kimmiejean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 05:10 PM   #108
Going2
Senior LCF Member

That's an awesome recipe!

On the rare occasion I do them, I just mix CO, protein powder, and nuts or flaxseed meal. Am too lazy to do much more, and no imagination!
Old 08-22-2017, 05:34 AM   #109
kimmiejean
Senior LCF Member

The above Recipe? I don't do the layers. I just mix it all up and pour into 12 containers!
Old 08-22-2017, 05:53 AM   #110
kimmiejean
Senior LCF Member

It's Tuesday Ladies

Meals for the DAY~~~~
Hamburger patty with slice cheese and mustard (I forgot my pickles!!!! )
Two hotdogs with cheese inside with pepperoni chips.
Whatever I can find in the freezer.
8/15/2017 229
8/16/2017 228
8/17/2017 227
8/18/2017 226
8/21/2017 225
8/22/2017 225

Last edited by kimmiejean; 08-22-2017 at 05:59 AM..
kimmiejean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 06:45 AM   #111
Going2
Senior LCF Member

We are going to knuckle down on our LC eating here, see if we can help DH's diabetes more even though he is already "fairly" LC. I had read Dr. Bernstein's Diabetes Solution a few years ago but it is very stringent and DH was only on pills for it then. Fast forward to now, where he was on 3 injectable insulins AND pills, then just got over a close call with his pancreas flaring up--scary! We make a great team when we work on projects together, so now that we are retiring in a couple weeks, we can focus on our health.

I made 3-ingredient PB cookies yesterday and dinner was pot roast with green beans, SF Popsicles for dessert. Thought I'd cut back on the cookie sweetness but they are too plain now, oopsie, will be good w some SF ice cream tho'. DH normally does chips later as a snack but passed and had a good blood glucose reading this morning as a reward.

Am still struggling with 2:00-3:00 pm binges. The good news is my knee is healing like a champ, enough to start some gentle exercise-walking this weekend. DH gets lawn-mowing duty this weekend tho', don't want to risk my knee on our sloping yard. Hope he remembers how to do it--think I've done it this entire season so far! That'll all change once he retires next month and we go back to splitting chores; he even said he wants to start going grocery shopping with me, how about that!

Weekend weather forecast is nice too, looking forward to it, although in the DC area that could change overnight--ha!
Old 08-23-2017, 08:09 AM   #112
betsielou
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betsielou
Stats: 170/134/130
WOE: low carb, no particular diet
Start Date: 09/02/2016
Hi everyone, still here sometimes anyway. Got to see the eclipse in totality...it was wonderful, so glad we got to see it. Still busy w/produce but the temps are coming down a bit so makes field work a bit more tolerable.

Jeanne- too bad about the house situation w/your friend. Hope it gets resolved soon.

Going2- glad the knee is feeling better, hope it continues to.

Crazy1- Sorry you are feeling blue. Some days are just like that aren't they?

Kimmiejean- thanks for that recipe. I have wanted to try making fat bombs just haven't taken the time. Maybe this one will spur me on.

Well, hope everyone else is doing well and we see more folks joining back in soon. Have a great week everyone and happy hump day.
Old 08-23-2017, 10:54 AM   #113
jbatchelor
Major LCF Poster!

kimmie--looks like a great fat bomb recipe--thanks for sharing

Crazy--the memories when we find something like your mother's emails are sure to be a mixed bag of emotions--hugs friend

Going2--that is awesome that you are working on the relationship with your sisters--one down- one to go!!! And it really helps when your spouse is on board with the diet-don't ever think mine will go for it---I know the blood sugars decrease with low carb--and if you can stick to it--the health benefits are there---why do I stray then????

Betsie--good to see you pop in--our summers are certainly busy--I know you will enjoy the break in summer's heat--I am so ready for fall!!!

Jeanne

“It’s in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped.” ~Anthony Robbins
Old 08-23-2017, 12:12 PM   #114
pendragginp
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pendragginp
Hi everyone, can I join in?

I was going to wait for the new thread because, having fallen off the wagon with a loud THUNK 3 weeks ago, I thought I must have gained back all of the nearly 20 lbs I had lost this summer. But I made myself get on the scale this morning, since I was getting back on my plan, and I was astounded (and ecstatic) to see that I am still 15 lbs down! I have no idea how that happened, since I have been eating all the time and anything I wanted, but I'll sure take it!

SO, I thought, I CAN ask to join the Less By Labor Day group because, thank God, I AM still less (than I was at the beginning of the summer!) by Labor Day!

Checking in with a group is so helpful, and reading this thread over the past few days is what motivated me to get back on the wagon.

I just do a generic LC most of the time, often including OMAD.

Last edited by pendragginp; 08-23-2017 at 12:16 PM..
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 01:02 PM   #115
jbatchelor
Major LCF Poster!

hello Plum-welcome to the group smart move to start now instead of waiting until labor day--share anything you feel comfortable doing--all plans are welcome here

Jeanne

Old 08-23-2017, 02:49 PM   #116
pendragginp
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you!
Old 08-23-2017, 03:27 PM   #117
Going2
Senior LCF Member

Hiya, Plum, welcome aboard! Congrats on holding down the 15--WTG!
Old 08-23-2017, 08:31 PM   #118
pendragginp
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you! I was so happy to see I hadn't completely wrecked my progress, which was what I was gloomily assuming.
Old 08-24-2017, 07:49 AM   #119
kimmiejean
Senior LCF Member

Happy Pre-Friday!
8/15/2017 229
8/16/2017 228
8/17/2017 227
8/18/2017 226
8/21/2017 225.9
8/22/2017 225.5
8/23/2017 225.0
8/24/2017 224.8
YES I added the oz! LOL I need to see this is working

Meals for the Day~~~(Going to the store tonight~~~I'm running out of stuff)

2 brats with cheese
hamburger meat with a slice of cheese and blue cheese dressing
??????? I'm thinking chicken and pepperoni slices
Old 08-25-2017, 03:50 AM   #120
jbatchelor
Major LCF Poster!

Kimmiejean--I would do the ounces too if my scale was able to do that!!! it all counts up!

Headed out shortly--Mom has an appointment with the dermatologist and probably shopping at Walmart

what is everybody doing for the weekend??? I really can't believe that labor day is almost upon us!!!

be back later

Jeanne