Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 01-06-2018, 02:30 PM   #1
at_last
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: at_last
Stats: 164/115/112 5'2"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: October 2009
Easy meal for a crowd?

My nephew recently launched a rock song video and is leaving in February for Los Angeles to meet with music producers. Yay! I'd like to have a bon voyage party for him. I need to feed 16-18 people cheaply and easy to eat items as I don't have enough table room for everyone. It would be better without any "weird" low carb ingredients like cauliflower or cabbage as only two out of the eighteen are low carb. Any ideas? Thanks!

Last edited by at_last; 01-06-2018 at 02:41 PM..
at_last is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2018, 02:40 PM   #2
Charski
Gadget Gal

Gallery: Charski
Start Date: May 2003
I'd make a buffet table, with a theme - tacos (all the fixin's, seasoned ground beef/shredded chicken, chopped onion, tomatoes, shredded lettuce, guacamole, salsa); or chili (big crockpot of chili, bowls of toppings - sour cream, guacamole, chopped onion, shredded cheese, etc.) and a big bowl of chips or crackers; or stew - beef or whatever you like, bowls of toppings like sliced green onions, oyster crackers, chopped onion, chopped red bell pepper, - you get the idea, something easy on you, wouldn't be too expensive, people can make up their food items as they like (use good quality paper plates/styrofoam bowls) and then sit wherever, instead of trying to seat a bunch of people at one table.

Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck.

I reject your reality and substitute my own! ~~ Adam on Mythbusters
Charski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 02:40 PM   #3
Charski
Gadget Gal

Gallery: Charski
Start Date: May 2003
OR, don't try to do a dinner, but do an "ice cream social" - similar thing, put out all kinds of fixin's for ice cream sundaes/banana splits and offer several flavors of ice creams, whipped cream, etc.

Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck.

I reject your reality and substitute my own! ~~ Adam on Mythbusters
Charski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 09:21 PM   #4
at_last
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: at_last
Stats: 164/115/112 5'2"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: October 2009
Thanks! Both great ideas! I think my family would expect a full meal so may go with both ideas.
at_last is online now   Reply With Quote