Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 10-14-2017, 09:16 PM   #1
linginfelter
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: linginfelter
Soft Ice Cream Recipes

Hello all,

I was wondering if you can post your favorite ice cream recipes. I am looking for soft ice cream if possible. What do you use for flavoring, sugar free syrup?

I am new here so I apologize if I missed it and this is posted elsewhere.

Thanks!
linginfelter is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-2017, 12:20 AM   #2
rharmelink
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rharmelink
Sorry, not a recipe -- my "go to" for ice cream is Breyer's Carb Smart Chocolate. I've also tried the Halo Top, Enlightened, and Low Cow brands, with mixed results.
rharmelink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 12:08 PM   #3
Charski
Gadget Gal

Gallery: Charski
Start Date: May 2003
You can make a soft-serve type ice cream if you have a powerful blender. I have a Vitamix and it makes short work of it.

Otherwise, use the Search field on this board and go to "advanced" then put "ice cream" and click on Title Search Only (I think that's what it says!) and it will turn up quite a few good ice cream recipes.

My favorites include frozen fruit, sweetener, and heavy cream or half & half or whatever you like. You just add the fruit to the blender, then the sweetener, then pour in the liquid, and turn it on starting at Low and working quickly up to High. Literally takes about 15 seconds in the Vitamix!

Do a Google search for Vitamix ice cream - I believe there are (not low carb but you can adjust for sweeteners) vanilla and chocolate versions as well, which use ice cubes to thicken it up.

Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck.

I reject your reality and substitute my own! ~~ Adam on Mythbusters
Charski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 02:35 PM   #4
ncgirl
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ncgirl
I agree with both posters - I've done frozen fruit with sugar free torani syrup (and walden farms marshmallow dip) in the blender, but I also have a special place in my heart for Arctic Zero that has thawed for 15-30 minutes. I've tried the Low Cow and Halo Top, and I think it's hit or miss (much like with Arctic Zero - I think they have to be handled carefully during shipment, and sometimes you don't always get what you pay for when they're not!). Good luck, I love my soft serve, as well!
ncgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 05:36 PM   #5
Dottie
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: ADF mostly Paleo
Frozen berries blended with coconut milk.
Frozen strawberries benefit from a little squeeze of lemon juice in there, too
I don't always add sweetener, it depends on how naturally sweet the berries are.

This does freeze solid, so I usually just make enough for 1 serving and eat it right then

http://www.onlineconversion.com/ <-- cooking and other conversions

Need to contact LCF?
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/contact.html

Everyone has an opinion. Take what you need and leave the rest.

Be sure to visit Netrition on Facebook for the latest products and deals!
https://www.facebook.com/Netritioncom-210889832433/

The past is beyond your control. The future starts right now, this moment: take control!
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 07:02 PM   #6
linginfelter
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: linginfelter
Thanks ladies!
linginfelter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 09:21 PM   #7
Baricat
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Baricat
Stats: 240/116/135 Start:size 22, now size 0.
WOE: LC for control of diabetes
Start Date: January 2007. Have kept weight off over 10 years.
Because of your post on that thread, I know you have discovered the "My Rich Vanilla Ice Cream (Scoopable)" recipe. I believe I did mention on that one about using Lorann Flavor Fountain. All I've tried, with the notable exception of the chocolate fudge (which was plain awful - heavy on the chemical taste) have been outstanding. I've used th black raspberry, the blueberry, lemon custard, orange, salted caramel, and banana, with stellar results.

The sugar free syrups are also good, but add to the liquid in the recipe. Which I turn affects the final texture. I find it helpful to use them sparingly, and fill in with extracts or essential oils to create flavors that don't come in Flavor Fountain, like peach or cherry.
Old 12-23-2017, 07:02 PM   #8
WonderBird
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: WonderBird
Sugar-free pudding in the freezer. When I wasn't low-carbing I'd spread it between graham crackers and freeze to make reduced-sugar ice cream sandwiches. Is there a low-carb graham cracker option?
WonderBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 09:38 PM   #9
WonderBird
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: WonderBird
I almost forgot something I used to do: a box of sugar-free Jello mixed in with one of the large containers of Cool Whip. It's not gourmet, but with the awesome fruity Jello flavors we have now it's pretty tasty. Now I'm wondering about sugar-free pudding mixed into Cool Whip? Or instead of Cool Whip, froth up some real heavy whipping cream. I bet dollops of a chocolate pudding + HWC blend, frozen on a cookie sheet, might be sort of like those little frozen puff pastries with the chocolate centers.
WonderBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 01:26 PM   #10
rharmelink
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rharmelink
Jello sugar-free pudding mixes might be high in carbs. I've seen some labels that say 2 net carbs per serving (a box is 4 servings). Others that say 6 net carbs per serving. However, since both say a serving is 25 calories, I believe the label that says 6 net carbs per serving.

Remember, sugar free doesn't mean carb free.

I make a quickie cheesecake-type dessert by mixing whipped cream with Mascarpone cheese, adding a sweetener and vanilla and cinnamon. It can be made chocolate by using unsweetened cocoa powder instead of the cinnamon.
rharmelink is offline   Reply With Quote