Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 01-24-2012, 01:50 PM   #1
lgpars
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lgpars
Stats: 222/208/130
WOE: AtkinsO
Start Date: Oct. 2011
Question on Linda Sue's Pound Cake

Anyone that has made this, what was the batter like after mixing it up? Mine was very thin...nothing like a pound cake batter...so I added more almond flour (probably over 1/2 cup) and it was still thin but I went ahead and poured it into the pan and am baking it now. Is this batter supposed to be thinner than cake batter? I even weighed my almond flour to begin with to make sure I had the same amount as Linda Sue stated in her recipe.

Also, it has only been in the oven for about 20 minutes but the top is getting very brown. I covered loosely with foil hoping it won't get much browner before the cake is done and turned my oven down 25 degrees. My oven usually has to be turned up 25 degrees more than what the recipe calls for to get the correct temperature. I hope this cake doesn't flop. :-(

For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him. (2 Chr 16:9 KJV)
lgpars is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2012, 02:45 PM   #2
lgpars
Senior LCF Member

Well my cake finally got done. It really is excellent. Perhaps just a tad too moist right now (I'm eating it warm) but I imagine it will dry out some. I'm glad I added the extra almond flour and it probably could have used even a little more so it isn't so moist. But better moist than dry. The flavor is excellent. I will definitely have to freeze this or I'll eat the whole loaf in one day.

For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him. (2 Chr 16:9 KJV)
Old 01-24-2012, 03:13 PM   #3
LindaSue
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: LindaSue
Stats: 167/117/120 - 5'7"
WOE: Atkins Maintenance
Start Date: July 2002
Linda, it's been quite a while since the last time I made that cake and I can't remember what the batter was like. I've never needed to add any extra almond flour though and I've made that recipe many times as you can see from all the different shaped cakes in my photos.
LindaSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 11:31 AM   #4
LadyN
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LadyN
Stats: 299/ugh!/130
WOE: Atkins 72/IF/dairy free
Start Date: 09/04/2015 Restart
I have made this recipe a LOT!! The batter is runny, but it thickens up as it cools. I have even added pumkin to this recipe with excellent results.
I use Xylitol, erythritol and stevia instead of splenda too.
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me Phil 4:13

Mini Goal: 250
Mini goal #2: For my current wardrobe to be too big (26-28)
Walk 3 days a week
LadyN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 01:33 PM   #5
lgpars
Senior LCF Member

I think it might have been because I used extra large eggs. My eggs looked more the size of large ones but evidently they were larger than I thought. This cake tastes just like my high carb recipe but I don't like the grainy feel of the almond flour. I'm going to try it again when I get my Honeyville almond flour.

Old 01-31-2012, 09:17 PM   #6
lgpars
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyN View Post
I have made this recipe a LOT!! The batter is runny, but it thickens up as it cools. I have even added pumkin to this recipe with excellent results.
I use Xylitol, erythritol and stevia instead of splenda too.

What do you mean it "thickens up as it cools?" So does it bake okay with the runny batter?