Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 01-17-2018, 06:00 AM   #61
Kissa
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/120/120 5'3" Age 70
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2002 Atkins 2011 JUDDD 2016 BSD/JUDDD
Brilliant Nilla, thank you.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Hunger is not an emergency.

It's not what you eat between Christmas and New Year that makes you fat, it's what you eat between New Year and Christmas.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2018, 08:16 AM   #62
vanilla_latte
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: JUDDD/LC
Start Date: Which time?
Y'all are welcome.

"One way to begin to see how vastly indulgent we usually are is to fast. One finds out what an astonishing amount of time is spent in the planning, purchasing, preparing, eating, and cleaning up of meals."
- Elisabeth Elliot

Last edited by vanilla_latte; 01-17-2018 at 08:18 AM..
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 10:19 AM   #63
Kissa

I am very excited as Vicky arrives for a few weeks with us on Friday morning. So good having here and her DH with us they are great fun.

It's not what you eat between Christmas and New Year that makes you fat, it's what you eat between New Year and Christmas.
Old 01-17-2018, 10:47 AM   #64
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/109/100-110
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
Huzzah! Are you planning to go around Illuminated London with Vicky and her DH, Kissa? I'm going Thursday and Friday (different groups) and looking forward to it as long as it's not too cold. It's on over Saturday and Sunday but my train service is out both days
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 11:03 AM   #65
Kissa

We may do it on Saturday evening, we have a friend staying over who would enjoy it, then off to Devon on Monday for a week.

Old 01-18-2018, 04:19 AM   #66
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

It was howlingly windy (aka blowing a hoolie) here during the smalls of the morning and I was startled that our train line was OK this morning tho' lots of others are in difficulty (our line is normally very vulnerable as there are lots of level crossings and single track for much of its length).

I might not be able to go to Lumiere London tonight if the weather stays like this - too unpleasant for walking about and potentially risking not being able to get home at a reasonable time. I can only hope that it clears for tomorrow.

January, eh?
Old 01-18-2018, 06:42 AM   #67
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

For various reasons, I'm going to pop this in a couple of places and give a shout out to a couple of physical therapists with good videos on YouTube.

Brad and Bob of

physicaltherapyvideo

They post every day and their demographic is people in their 40s on out so they cover a lot of relevant material and they're wholly realistic about the types of exercises that this demographic can do and the time commitment.
Old 01-18-2018, 12:21 PM   #68
erinisme
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: erinisme
Stats: 183/173/140
WOE: ADF
Start Date: 11/28/17
Thinking perhaps a candy bar was not best way out of fast. oops.
erinisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 04:02 PM   #69
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinisme View Post
Thinking perhaps a candy bar was not best way out of fast. oops.
Oddly enough, on another thread, we're discussing how our sneaky hippocampus throws a wrench in our best intentions by telling us that we've been so good that we deserve a little something.

ETA: scroll here for recent chat: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/sh...=870130&page=3

Last edited by SlowSure; 01-18-2018 at 04:04 PM..
Old 01-18-2018, 04:23 PM   #70
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

I made it to Lumiere London and saw a good few installations so looking forward to visiting more tomorrow night.

After the unpromising start to the day, it was dry and negligible wind which made it superb conditions for wondering around, gazing at things.
Old 01-19-2018, 01:30 PM   #71
Carly

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/126.8/125 5'1" 41yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD- maintaining since 2/2013
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla_latte View Post
Guys, the calculator can be found here, for as long as she has her page. Just scroll down:

Johnson Up Day Down Day Calculator
The link did not work for me... when I went to the calculator it brought me to a broken page...

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 04:44 PM   #72
p0rtia
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: p0rtia
Stats: 5'7" 307/170/150-160
WOE: ex-Atkins; low cal/low carb + 4:3 JUDDD
Start Date: May 22, 2015
Yeah, down again for me too. :-(
Old 01-21-2018, 05:16 AM   #73
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

It is snowing heavily here. We live in such a comparatively sheltered spot that I can only say that the rest of the UK must be in a relatively advanced state of iciness.

I'm more bundled up than ever.

I'm so pleased that I managed to see Lumiere London when I did. Some of the installations were fabulous and it's good to be out and about at an event where so many people are in a good mood.
Old 01-21-2018, 10:44 AM   #74
erinisme
Senior LCF Member

I was sure I was going to get a new low today, instead I am where I started last Sunday. I worked out like a fiend yesterday, and I _feel_ good and strong, and can see the muscles I have built in the last two months....so I'm trying not to be VERY annoyed.
It's warm again here, thus sloppy wet and gray. I'm not nearly as grumpy as this post seems.
Old 01-21-2018, 10:45 AM   #75
erinisme
Senior LCF Member

I was sure I was going to get a new low today, instead I am where I started last Sunday. I worked out like a fiend yesterday, and I _feel_ good and strong, and can see the muscles I have built in the last two months....so I'm trying not to be VERY annoyed.
It's warm again here, thus sloppy wet and gray. I'm not nearly as grumpy as this post seems.
Old 01-21-2018, 11:34 AM   #76
Blonde with a Rose
Major LCF Poster!

Stats: 246/193/150
WOE: Low Carb & 1200 Calories
Start Date: July 8, 2016
Haven't been 100% or even 90% this last week. Too many impromptu events, like a birthday dinner, followed by birthday breakfast followed by delayed birthday lunch etc. Lucky me, it's been a wonderful birthday but no real down days have been accomplished in over a week. Starting again tomorrow to do my M-W-F rotation and put my mindset on the straight and narrow.

I love listening to you ladies talk about current events in the UK.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 07:53 PM   #77
Nanu
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Nanu
Stats: 195/195/149, 5'8", 62 years old
WOE: LC & JUDD
Start Date: January 2018
I enjoy reading everyone's insights and sharing of information and thoughts. Also, it is fun to see what you are dealing with in weather in all our far away places. I am currently in Sacramento (CA), and we should be getting some much needed rain tonight. I leave for Portland Friday, where it may have a dusting of snow.
When reading all the posts, it makes me think of all the ones that have disappeared (for the moment I hope). Slow, Kissa, Carly, Portia and Phoenix (I know I am leaving some very important people out) for continuing to stay and post. Thank you!

Last edited by Nanu; 01-21-2018 at 07:54 PM..
Nanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 11:18 AM   #78
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: phoenix17
Stats: getting there slowly but surely
WOE: LC, MF and now JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanu View Post
I enjoy reading everyone's insights and sharing of information and thoughts. Also, it is fun to see what you are dealing with in weather in all our far away places. I am currently in Sacramento (CA), and we should be getting some much needed rain tonight. I leave for Portland Friday, where it may have a dusting of snow.
When reading all the posts, it makes me think of all the ones that have disappeared (for the moment I hope). Slow, Kissa, Carly, Portia and Phoenix (I know I am leaving some very important people out) for continuing to stay and post. Thank you!
Is that me Nanu? aw thanks! I think there is another phoenix on here though. I've been so slammed busy at work that I have been popping in to pOrtia's challenge thread and that is about it.

Along the weather conversation- I am in the Northeast US (Boston area) and we have had our usual funky weather the last few weeks. It was below zero overnight and in the mornings for many days in a row, had a few storms dropping over a foot (0.3 meter) of snow, and this week we hit 50F (10C)! Its currently in the 40s (4C) and raining. But we tend to get a "January thaw" in this area so its not that unusual. I am still daydreaming of my tropical vacation though. My original intention of taking that in February is going to get pushed out though for a few reasons. One of my friends suggested a girls weekend at a spa some time in Feb so I'm hoping at least for that. Ah, a weekend of pampering... massages, facials, pedicures...

As for the dieting thing - well... I'm trying. I am not stepping on the scale right now and other than a back injury I physically feel pretty good except for when my blood pressure spikes at work. Sticking pretty well to LCHF/keto and finding it enjoyable but the sugar (craving) monster is rearing its ugly head and I'm trying to deal with it.

speaking of people missing in action, where is Vlo these days? Bluebelle? I think we've lost Frosty. Tara pops in on occasion- Tara give an update on that new 4-legged addition to the family!
phoenix17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 11:41 AM   #79
Nanu
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Nanu
Stats: 195/195/149, 5'8", 62 years old
WOE: LC & JUDD
Start Date: January 2018
Yes, Vlo! I wondering how her relocation is going. I know she said she is working, and that on top of resettling with kids....must be overwhelming. I actually am looking forward to closing this chapter and moving on. I love my work, but I am really looking forward to not being "responsible". I have 23 employees, that I care about very much. With that, you get "life" issues, work issues....and, I am ready to let go of it. On top of that I have a great group of 1200 students in my program, and some of them are very needy. Anyway...on to the next phase. I tease everyone and say the extent of my stress after retirement will be "How was your service, would you like to book another?" This is where I envision working part-time as a clerk at my hippy-dippy spa in Portland. The owner doesn't know it yet though No more mental health, no more education!
Old 01-23-2018, 08:25 AM   #80
Kissa

Yes it is always sad when JUDDD friends disappear, for whatever reason.

I love coming here and any support I give is more than returned to me. Maintaining is as difficult as losing and coming here really helps me stay focused.

Old 01-23-2018, 08:29 AM   #81
vanilla_latte
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: JUDDD/LC
Start Date: Which time?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
The link did not work for me... when I went to the calculator it brought me to a broken page...
Yeah, I just double checked it again and it appears Dr. J's site is gone, at least for now.

"One way to begin to see how vastly indulgent we usually are is to fast. One finds out what an astonishing amount of time is spent in the planning, purchasing, preparing, eating, and cleaning up of meals."
- Elisabeth Elliot

vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 09:46 AM   #82
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

I don't drink commercial fizzy drinks but for various reasons I came across this clinical trial today when researching something (oddly enough, the trial is recruiting and I'd be tempted to find out more if I were in the appropriate parts of the US because it looks as if you'll have some very interesting lab. assessments done, including leptin levels and indirect estimates of your daily TEE). I'm mentioning it because I know we've had discussions about leptin elsewhere.

Title: Benzoates - an Obesogenic Endocrine Disrupting Chemical https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/...3190785&rank=1
Quote:
The benzoic acid derivatives sodium and potassium benzoate are preservatives that are commonly added to food and beverages to inhibit microbial growth and prevent spoilage. In the US the major source of benzoate intake is beverages. Studies have shown that piglets or chicks fed low levels of benzoic acid have greater feed efficiency and gain more weight than control fed animals. It has also been shown that benzoic acid inhibits the release of a key metabolic hormone, leptin, from isolated adipocytes (fat cells). Inadequate leptin levels result in increased appetite, decreased metabolic rate, weight gain, insulin resistance and increased diabetes risk.
The primary aim of the proposed research is to directly determine if benzoate consumption in human volunteers results in lower levels of leptin, decreased metabolic rate and increased insulin resistance. If so this would implicate benzoic acid as an obesogen and would help inform more effective approaches to obesity prevention and treatment. A secondary aim of the study is to establish a connection between benzoate exposure and biomarkers in urine that can be used to help treat obese patients.
Old 01-23-2018, 10:49 AM   #83
quietnite
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: quietnite
Stats: 278/255/165
WOE: JUDDD
Hello, everyone. I'm mostly water fasting right now and eating one meal a day. I'm not really doing UD/DD at the moment as the Christmas weight is coming off with this pattern and it is really helping my hip and knee pain. So that is where I am.
quietnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 11:28 AM   #84
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: phoenix17
Stats: getting there slowly but surely
WOE: LC, MF and now JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by quietnite View Post
Hello, everyone. I'm mostly water fasting right now and eating one meal a day. I'm not really doing UD/DD at the moment as the Christmas weight is coming off with this pattern and it is really helping my hip and knee pain. So that is where I am.
Hi quietnite- curious, are you tracking how many calories a day you are consuming? are you staying low carb or just having what you want? keep us informed! I am always curious how others are experimenting and how it works for them!
phoenix17 is offline   Reply With Quote