Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > General Health/Medical Issues
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 08-13-2017, 07:12 AM   #121
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: PACarolsue
Stats: 217/199.5/? 5'2"
WOE: Whatever Works
Start Date: Tomorrow
Charski, I never have constipation, so that kills that theory. All my life I have always has very easy bowel movements, actually leaning toward the other way. And since I have always eaten such a wide variety of foods, I've never been able to pin-point a trigger. One thing I've always eaten is a lot of popcorn. You know how were were always told that popcorn was such a good snack for dieters.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2017, 08:50 AM   #122
Charski
Gadget Gal

Gallery: Charski
Start Date: May 2003
Yeah, I'm avoiding popcorn like the plague, LOL!

We got some deli sandwiches, sub-type, yesterday to take up to my Dad's while we dealt with some of the trust stuff. After the first big bite, I realized that roll was COVERED in sesame seeds! Been avoiding all seeds since my attack - so I pulled out the innards and ate those, as well as the fluffy inside bread. No point tempting fate!

I do think constipation was the trigger for my attack. I know that the week prior I was having some "problems" in that area and I think straining to go was probably the reason I had a blowout. Who knows. I just know I'm gonna be REAL careful NOT to get back there again!

Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck.

I reject your reality and substitute my own! ~~ Adam on Mythbusters
Charski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 09:13 AM   #123
DiamondDeb
Fat Burning Machine Extraordinaire!

Gallery: DiamondDeb
Stats: 150+ lbs lost
Quote:
Originally Posted by PACarolsue View Post
Charski, I never have constipation, so that kills that theory. All my life I have always has very easy bowel movements, actually leaning toward the other way. And since I have always eaten such a wide variety of foods, I've never been able to pin-point a trigger. One thing I've always eaten is a lot of popcorn. You know how were were always told that popcorn was such a good snack for dieters.
I've never had a problem with constipation either, no matter what kind of diet I have followed. It has been years since I ate grains but, if I did, I would be concerned about popcorn.

Both of my known trigger foods are high in fiber & rather hard; I can see how bits & pieces of them would easily get stuck in pockets. When I eat nuts now, I tend to select kinds that are softer than almonds. I eat raw nuts to avoid unhealthy oils used in most roasted ones. I do occasionally eat seeds and have had no problems with them.

Time after time You’re my refuge; You heal every scar, You’re guarding my heart.
Your promise, the hope that I cling to; My rescue, my friend, You come rushing in.
You surround me on every side; Your love is my armor, I fear no evil.
Darkness runs from Your light So I won’t be afraid.
You’re going before me and oceans are parting; You’re fighting my battles
When my feet are failing and my heart is shaking You’re fighting my battles.
~ The Afters - Battles
DiamondDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 01:11 PM   #124
Charski
Gadget Gal

Gallery: Charski
Start Date: May 2003
So I have to tell on myself!

DH and I sit every morning and many evenings at our bar in the big window that overlooks our courtyard. The window screens come out easily, so I pull the one next to my barstool out so that I can toss peanuts to the jays and the California thrashers.

I pulled some peanuts out of the little cup I keep at the bar and a few were already partially opened, which means if I do toss them into the courtyard, they open on impact and scatter the nuts - so I absent-mindedly cracked it open, blew the skins off the nuts, popped them in my mouth and started to chew - when my brain suddenly screamed, "NOOOO NUUUTTTTSSSS!!!!" and I spat those bad boys out into the courtyard - LOL!

Not worth finding out if they bother me or not.

Popcorn is completely off my radar too!

Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck.

I reject your reality and substitute my own! ~~ Adam on Mythbusters
Charski is offline   Reply With Quote