Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 03-13-2017, 11:38 PM   #511
SharonRose
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SharonRose
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minda View Post
I did the 10 & 10 session today and made it through! Took breaks during the ab work. I hate them so much but I know they work! Fasted 23 hours and 15 minutes before eating. Feeling good! See u tomorrow!
They work . I noticed, it is easier for me to do the exercises, if I have had eating. Not directly before, but in the beginning I did the workout early in the morning before breakfast and the exercises felt harder than if I do it (a little) later the day after breakfast.
SharonRose is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2017, 01:43 AM   #512
cheri
Administrator

Gallery: cheri
Stats: 150 + pounds lost - 4' 11"
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonRose View Post
You are doing so much.

I can open the User Contro Panel, but if I try to change Details there is said, no permission. So there is no permanent signature possible.

Thank you. To notice that it works is a wonderful motivation for me.

So the first weeks there was not so a big change. Than I noticed more space in my clothes. And also an weight loss. But I also keep attentenion what I eat. With the second measurement I was waiting nearly 6 months.

Evolution is a good alternation. The loss of inches will come. Keep on pulsing . In my case it also does take a little time.

Today I will start to alternate with Cardio Callanetics. Hope the Cardio Part will help to burn more fat than regular Callanetics.

Happy pulsing everyone.
Hello Sharon..

Members gain access to their signature area once they have been a member for 25 days and have 25 posts. It should automatically pop up when your posts hit 25.. If it doesn't, please contact the site by clicking on the contact us button on the bottom of the page. We will be happy to help you!

cheri

I used to live to eat... now I eat to live!
Don't be a victim of Dieters remorse.. Don't cheat.. stay on plan!

Be sure to visit Netrition on Facebook for the latest products and deals!
https://www.facebook.com/Netritioncom-210889832433/
cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 03:22 AM   #513
raishalini
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: raishalini
Stats: 185/179/136 5'4.5"
WOE: JUDDD & IF
Start Date: January 2017
Quote:

I can open the User Contro Panel, but if I try to change Details there is said, no permission. So there is no permanent signature possible.

Happy pulsing everyone.
Write to moderators, they will fix it.
Old 03-14-2017, 03:43 AM   #514
SharonRose
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheri View Post
Hello Sharon..

Members gain access to their signature area once they have been a member for 25 days and have 25 posts. It should automatically pop up when your posts hit 25.. If it doesn't, please contact the site by clicking on the contact us button on the bottom of the page. We will be happy to help you!

cheri
Ok. Thanks for let me know .
Old 03-14-2017, 03:48 AM   #515
SharonRose
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raishalini View Post
Write to moderators, they will fix it.
You will have seen the answer from cheri: 25 posts are necessay. So I have to write more
Old 03-14-2017, 04:11 AM   #516
Jigglebuster
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jigglebuster
Stats: 168..153(2013)/148/Healthy 5'7.5" wrist: 6.25"
WOE: Seasonal - Organic and nothing packaged
Start Date: Callanetics : Aug 18 '09 then again: Mar 15 '13
Hi everyone!

Mindy! Nice to see a new face!

Slowsure, I think achangeisoverdue, said it well. Don't worry, "the skin is doing weird things", and it will smooth out until the next layer starts to melt away, and then the whole cycle starts again.

Shalini, some cardio could do you well 3 times per week. It's good to get the blood flowing and the lungs working. If you have the extra time, add it on, otherwise perhaps you could alternate it with something else you've already mixed in?

Well, off to gently pulse this morning! I'm really looking forward to it....
Thighs: L:27(2009)...24"(Mar2013)/22.3"/23
........R:27(2009)...24"(Mar2013)/22.3"/23
Above Knee: 21.5(2009)...16.25"(Mar2013)/15.25"/15.25
(M)Calves L: 17.5(J2010)...15"(Mar2013)/14.25"/ 14.0
.........R: 17(J2010)...14.6"(Mar2013)/14.0"/14.0
All this was done with Callanetics and playing outside!
Jigglebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 05:29 AM   #517
Lina
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Lina
Hey everyone,

Nice to see the thread buzzing!

I just finished a really intense work stretch in which all I could manage was getting (sort of) decent sleep and walking every day - but now I'm so excited to get back into Callanetics!
My goal for the remainder of March is 10 sessions of 10/10 and one of Super, and I'm putting it here for some accountability!

Shalini, to answer your question from a while back: I had been doing 10-14 monthly sessions for three months when I had particularly low measurements.
[Also just a note - it seems like you're doing a ton of TTapp...maybe too much? Unless I misread, you're sometimes doing Total and BWO, along with Callanetics and something else? I love TTapp, think it's fantastic. From what I've seen in myself and others, doing extra isn't really all that helpful unless you're in a short bootcamp and not doing anything else.]
Lina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 09:08 PM   #518
achangeisoverdue
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: achangeisoverdue
Struggled a bit with my workout today but completed my 7th March Callanetics session.

Hope everyone is having a good week!
achangeisoverdue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 03:35 AM   #519
raishalini
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lina View Post
Hey everyone,

Nice to see the thread buzzing!

I just finished a really intense work stretch in which all I could manage was getting (sort of) decent sleep and walking every day - but now I'm so excited to get back into Callanetics!
My goal for the remainder of March is 10 sessions of 10/10 and one of Super, and I'm putting it here for some accountability!

Shalini, to answer your question from a while back: I had been doing 10-14 monthly sessions for three months when I had particularly low measurements.
[Also just a note - it seems like you're doing a ton of TTapp...maybe too much? Unless I misread, you're sometimes doing Total and BWO, along with Callanetics and something else? I love TTapp, think it's fantastic. From what I've seen in myself and others, doing extra isn't really all that helpful unless you're in a short bootcamp and not doing anything else.]
Hello Lina,

No I am not doing tons of TTapp just try and add in BWO+ (15 mins) thrice a day. I was doing Callanetics everyday so to cut the boredom I now alternate it with Bar Method..oh boy BM has made me sore all over ..its almost similar to Callanetics, same pulsing technique but they focus on upper body too with light weight. BM branched from Lotte Berk Method from which Callanetics also did.

My plan is to do minimum 1.5 hour (Morning n evening) activity as I am losing weight and need to avoid lose skin. Also I am not into cardio so far so all these stretching and toning is all I do.
Old 03-15-2017, 04:11 AM   #520
SharonRose
Junior LCF Member

So tried to do my first Cardio Callanetics lesson. The cardio part is really hard. So I could not follow the whole part. Even if I cycle regularely with my hometrainer, so there I have a little Cardio experiences.Also the new variations of the Callanetics exercises are not my taste. So I stoped this workout for this time and will continue with classical Callanetics.
Old 03-15-2017, 05:50 AM   #521
Jigglebuster
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
So tried to do my first Cardio Callanetics lesson. The cardio part is really hard. So I could not follow the whole part. Even if I cycle regularely with my hometrainer, so there I have a little Cardio experiences.Also the new variations of the Callanetics exercises are not my taste. So I stoped this workout for this time and will continue with classical Callanetics.
I'd like to suggest you keep trying the cardio part. Maybe try just getting that first 7-10 minutes. I couldn't do the whole thing at first either. Try it without your arms, or not so high. Follow the person who is doing it like a beginner - after all, you are a beginner. And most of all, listen to your body and its limits - this is Callanetics.... Part of the difficulty in doing Cardio is learning the routine, and that takes time. So you're going to feel totally uncoordinated and look like a fool. And that's OKAY! This is the perfect time to laugh at yourself. You can't deny it works!
Old 03-15-2017, 07:04 AM   #522
Lina
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Lina
Quote:
Hello Lina,

No I am not doing tons of TTapp just try and add in BWO+ (15 mins) thrice a day. I was doing Callanetics everyday so to cut the boredom I now alternate it with Bar Method..oh boy BM has made me sore all over ..its almost similar to Callanetics, same pulsing technique but they focus on upper body too with light weight. BM branched from Lotte Berk Method from which Callanetics also did.

My plan is to do minimum 1.5 hour (Morning n evening) activity as I am losing weight and need to avoid lose skin. Also I am not into cardio so far so all these stretching and toning is all I do.
BWO three times a day is still quite a bit, but I guess you can go by how you feel. Both Callanetics and Ttapp are legendary for helping avoid loose skin so I think that you're probably ok on that front.
Do you mean 1.5 hours morning and 1.5 hours in the evening?
Lina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 07:35 AM   #523
raishalini
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lina View Post
BWO three times a day is still quite a bit, but I guess you can go by how you feel. Both Callanetics and Ttapp are legendary for helping avoid loose skin so I think that you're probably ok on that front.
Do you mean 1.5 hours morning and 1.5 hours in the evening?
not at all 1.5 hrs in a day, will reduce TTAPP to two days, I am not enjoying it that much better to add yoga stretches
Old 03-15-2017, 11:19 AM   #524
achangeisoverdue
Senior LCF Member

I was at a point where 10/10 and intermediate Callanetics Countdown was feeling easier and I thought I was ready to go up to Advanced Callanetics Countdown or Super Callanetics.

However, the last 2 weeks, 10/10 and Intermediate Callanetics Countdown have seemed much harder. Is this normal or has anyone else experienced it?

I feel like I'm struggling through it now when it was getting to a point where I was comfortable doing all the reps. This is especially true in the ab exercises.
Old 03-15-2017, 01:03 PM   #525
achangeisoverdue
Senior LCF Member

My post got cut off a bit and don't see the edit button today. The rest was just saying that I've regressed in the ab and pelvic exercises. But I did complete my 8th March Callanetics session today!

Also, had a question about the underarm tighter. My arms from the front are looking more toned but I think they have got bigger on the side view. I feel like the fat moved from the front to the side. Is this normal and will the side of the arms tone up or is the exercise just toning the front?

Happy pulsing everyone!!
Old 03-15-2017, 01:35 PM   #526
Colaborer
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Colaborer
Stats: 142
WOE: Plant Based Diet
Start Date: Callanetics November 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by achangeisoverdue View Post
I was at a point where 10/10 and intermediate Callanetics Countdown was feeling easier and I thought I was ready to go up to Advanced Callanetics Countdown or Super Callanetics.

However, the last 2 weeks, 10/10 and Intermediate Callanetics Countdown have seemed much harder. Is this normal or has anyone else experienced it?

I feel like I'm struggling through it now when it was getting to a point where I was comfortable doing all the reps. This is especially true in the ab exercises.
This happens to me sometimes too. I think that's just how Callanetics works. Some days it is easy and some days it is hard. I found a group locally that does Callanetics together and joined this morning. It was quite fun to do it with others.
Colaborer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 01:37 PM   #527
Colaborer
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
My post got cut off a bit and don't see the edit button today. The rest was just saying that I've regressed in the ab and pelvic exercises. But I did complete my 8th March Callanetics session today!

Also, had a question about the underarm tighter. My arms from the front are looking more toned but I think they have got bigger on the side view. I feel like the fat moved from the front to the side. Is this normal and will the side of the arms tone up or is the exercise just toning the front?

Happy pulsing everyone!!
I feel like it has toned my triceps mostly.
Old 03-15-2017, 03:15 PM   #528
achangeisoverdue
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colaborer View Post
This happens to me sometimes too. I think that's just how Callanetics works. Some days it is easy and some days it is hard. I found a group locally that does Callanetics together and joined this morning. It was quite fun to do it with others.
Cool, I'm not used to exercise routines getting harder but nothing is really normal about Callanetics.

That's awesome you found a local group! How did you find it? I was hoping to take a class but there isn't an instructor in my city any longer. She passed away in 2012.
Old 03-15-2017, 06:05 PM   #529
Jigglebuster
Senior LCF Member

The underarm tightener works the shoulders the triceps, the forearms, trapezius, and the lats. Once your technique develops, and you get a bit stronger, you'll start to become more aware of the other muscles.

And, yes, things get harder with Callanetics, because our technique is getting better as we go. Each time it gets harder means you're getting better at it. So congrats!
Old 03-16-2017, 01:37 AM   #530
SharonRose
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigglebuster View Post
I'd like to suggest you keep trying the cardio part. Maybe try just getting that first 7-10 minutes. I couldn't do the whole thing at first either. Try it without your arms, or not so high. Follow the person who is doing it like a beginner - after all, you are a beginner. And most of all, listen to your body and its limits - this is Callanetics.... Part of the difficulty in doing Cardio is learning the routine, and that takes time. So you're going to feel totally uncoordinated and look like a fool. And that's OKAY! This is the perfect time to laugh at yourself. You can't deny it works!
This is motivation for me.
And you exactly describe like I felt .
I will try cardio callanetics step by step.
Thank you .
Old 03-16-2017, 06:16 AM   #531
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/110/100-110
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
I'm teaching myself to accept my rate of progress is what it can be

The re-bruising of my head is making some of the floor work too difficult for me so I'm having to adapt everything to being upright (for the stomach exercises that involve being on the back and curling up are too much of a strain on my head and neck - and the leg exercises aren't practical because I can't put any weight on the outside edge of my right foot for now).

I'll get there - at a very turtle pace.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 09:33 AM   #532
Colaborer
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
The underarm tightener works the shoulders the triceps, the forearms, trapezius, and the lats. Once your technique develops, and you get a bit stronger, you'll start to become more aware of the other muscles.

And, yes, things get harder with Callanetics, because our technique is getting better as we go. Each time it gets harder means you're getting better at it. So congrats!
This is exciting!
Old 03-17-2017, 07:35 PM   #533
Colaborer
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Cool, I'm not used to exercise routines getting harder but nothing is really normal about Callanetics.

That's awesome you found a local group! How did you find it? I was hoping to take a class but there isn't an instructor in my city any longer. She passed away in 2012.
I found the group on the Callanetics website. They meet twice a week. I will probably try to go once per week. It is a 35 minute drive for me. After one session I realized some things I had been doing wrong. Very much worth it. The bummer was that they work out in front of mirrors and I thought my saddlebags were looking much better than they actually do
Old 03-17-2017, 07:37 PM   #534
Colaborer
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
This is motivation for me.
And you exactly describe like I felt .
I will try cardio callanetics step by step.
Thank you .
I did the cardio Callanetics DVD this morning and was almost able to follow along this time. It will get easier!
Old 03-17-2017, 10:43 PM   #535
achangeisoverdue
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Awesome, thanks for the tip makes me feel better. Completed my 9th March session today!
Old 03-17-2017, 10:46 PM   #536
achangeisoverdue
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I found the group on the Callanetics website. They meet twice a week. I will probably try to go once per week. It is a 35 minute drive for me. After one session I realized some things I had been doing wrong. Very much worth it. The bummer was that they work out in front of mirrors and I thought my saddlebags were looking much better than they actually do
That's cool, I'll check out the website. I'm sure I'm doing some things wrong too.

I had the same experience in the dressing room this week. I had been feeling like my saddlebags and cellulite were looking better and then realized they weren't looking as good as I thought. Oh well, if we keep at it, I'm sure they will keep improving for both of us.
Old 03-18-2017, 06:53 AM   #537
raishalini
Senior LCF Member

My belly is again rounding up after getting flatter for a while

My saddlebags are reducing and calves have definition now..

I am mixing Bar Method and Callanetics for more upper body exercise. Both are so similar.
Old 03-18-2017, 06:36 PM   #538
Jigglebuster
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
I'm teaching myself to accept my rate of progress is what it can be

The re-bruising of my head is making some of the floor work too difficult for me so I'm having to adapt everything to being upright (for the stomach exercises that involve being on the back and curling up are too much of a strain on my head and neck - and the leg exercises aren't practical because I can't put any weight on the outside edge of my right foot for now).

I'll get there - at a very turtle pace.
You will get there. Patience is key. And when you're dealing with injuries like what you are, pushing can send you backwards, so there's no point.

There's going to be a day when you will find yourself up and angled just like in the videos, and you will look back amazed at all you've come through!

Keep it going SlowSure! You've got this!!!

Quote:
The bummer was that they work out in front of mirrors and I thought my saddlebags were looking much better than they actually do
Quote:
I had the same experience in the dressing room this week. I had been feeling like my saddlebags and cellulite were looking better and then realized they weren't looking as good as I thought.
Change rooms have the most evil lighting!My advice? When in a change room just don't look! I'm sure you're both doing great. Don't let lighting get you down! XO
Quote:
My belly is again rounding up after getting flatter for a while

My saddlebags are reducing and calves have definition now..

I am mixing Bar Method and Callanetics for more upper body exercise. Both are so similar.
That's great Shalini! You must be progressing quickly for your belly to round out again so soon! And definition.... Yay!

----------------------

Well, off to pulse before falling into what I hope is a very deep sleep!

Happy pulsing all you perky peaches!
Old 03-20-2017, 09:07 AM   #539
SharonRose
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
I did the cardio Callanetics DVD this morning and was almost able to follow along this time. It will get easier!
Did 20 minutes from the cardio part again. It was easier than at the first time I did. Hope to make the whole cardio part next days.
Old 03-20-2017, 12:33 PM   #540
achangeisoverdue
Senior LCF Member

My belly is also super rounded again,raishalini. But I also majorly indulged in food this weekend. We had two birthday parties hosted at our house and I ate terrible. Lots of sweets and fried foods so it may be Callanetics or could be diet related.

Going to aim to do Callanetics 5 times this week and get back on my healthy diet.

Happy pulsing everyone!!