Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > The Exercise Board
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 03-06-2017, 01:36 PM   #481
achangeisoverdue
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: achangeisoverdue
Hope you feel better Jigglebuster and Colaborer! Sending you both good healing vibes

I didn't do any Callanetics over the weekend but did my 3rd March session today!

I also took my measurements today, it has been about 2 weeks since I last measured. My measurements have gone up, not to pre-callanetics level but up from where they were on my waist, belly, and hips. My belly measurement is up a whole inch. Hoping going up in measurements is normal in this process.

I do feel more toned even if the measurements are creeping back up but was hoping to see some measurement changes or at least maintain so a bit of a bummer. Luckily, my leg/thigh measurements have stayed the same.

I may wait a longer time before measuring again to keep my spirits up. For the experienced Callanetics ladies, how often did/do you measure for progress?

My goal is to do Callanetics 4 more times this week.

Happy pulsing everyone!
achangeisoverdue is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2017, 01:39 PM   #482
achangeisoverdue
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raishalini View Post

I completed session 10 today. I am noticing bit of definition in upper thighs. I Also noticed two vertical lines dividing belly and waist but my belly is still rounded

achangeisoverdue I happy that you are seeing so many changes in your body. That diagonal line is good news soon you will have toned and defined abs
Congrats on your new lines and thigh definition! My belly is still rounded as well, even though I have the new lines. Hope we both have toned and defined abs in the near future
Old 03-06-2017, 02:44 PM   #483
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/110/100-110
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
Today's lesson was interesting and, in parts, hilarious as we tried to find workarounds for some of the floor work. I did some oblique work (legs raised, aiming to curl the upper torso/shoulders/head to one side with the arms and body) and that was the hardest I've worked my obliques since karate training years ago

All I can say is that you can see my obliques even when I'm sitting semi-slumped over (never a flattering look). And DH said that even tho' I was wearing a top and leggings that covered me completely it was plain that some of my muscles were quivering when performing the exercises so that instructor was pleased.

Today was my 6th Callanetics session in 7 days. I'm getting there by degrees.

It will be interesting if the oblique development etc. adds to my overall waist or other measurements. (Not a disaster if that were to happen as long as the muscle quality is good.)
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 01:08 AM   #484
raishalini
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: raishalini
Stats: 185/179/136 5'4.5"
WOE: JUDDD & IF
Start Date: January 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by achangeisoverdue View Post
Congrats on your new lines and thigh definition! My belly is still rounded as well, even though I have the new lines. Hope we both have toned and defined abs in the near future
Thanks

I completed session 13 today and still the belly is rounded. I normally measure weekly and last week my hip reduced by an inch and thighs 1/4 inch, belly 1/2 inch. No changes in calves, biceps. I have also done 3 half an hour sessions of Classical stretch, I feel it will help in toning and stretching.

I don't see much difference in the shape of my body, except small definition here and there..long way to go

Today I tried my size 12 (US) skirts and pants and it was lose..I feel it won't fit me by end of the month.

SlowSure I am sure you will see definition with ab exercises..that's quite tough. After 12 sessions I can now manage to straighten and raise my other leg off the ground instead of keeping it bend in that one leg up and rounding of upper body exercise.

Last edited by raishalini; 03-07-2017 at 01:10 AM..
raishalini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 05:02 PM   #485
achangeisoverdue
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks

I completed session 13 today and still the belly is rounded. I normally measure weekly and last week my hip reduced by an inch and thighs 1/4 inch, belly 1/2 inch.

Today I tried my size 12 (US) skirts and pants and it was lose..I feel it won't fit me by end of the month.
Congrats on the inch loss and your pants fitting lose. That's exciting!
Old 03-07-2017, 05:07 PM   #486
achangeisoverdue
Senior LCF Member

Did my 4th March session of Callanetics today.

I'm going to do a mostly plant based vegan diet for several weeks. Partly for health reasons, as I've been getting sick a lot and a vegan diet makes me feel good and also hoping to lose a few pounds.

Happy pulsing everyone!!
Old 03-08-2017, 01:39 AM   #487
raishalini
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Did my 4th March session of Callanetics today.

I'm going to do a mostly plant based vegan diet for several weeks. Partly for health reasons, as I've been getting sick a lot and a vegan diet makes me feel good and also hoping to lose a few pounds.

Happy pulsing everyone!!
Great! keep us posted how it goes.

I feel belly will be the last place to show much difference for me coz I gain weight on belly and hip first.
Old 03-09-2017, 12:19 PM   #488
Colaborer
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Colaborer
Stats: 142
WOE: Plant Based Diet
Start Date: Callanetics November 2016
I am finally feeling better today! I was able to do all three of the quick Callanetics workouts this morning! It feels good to be back up and around. The flu really had me down. It sounds like you all are keeping up with your pulsing! It's great to be back!
Colaborer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 02:47 PM   #489
achangeisoverdue
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colaborer View Post
I am finally feeling better today! I was able to do all three of the quick Callanetics workouts this morning! It feels good to be back up and around. The flu really had me down. It sounds like you all are keeping up with your pulsing! It's great to be back!
That's great, glad you're feeling better and got some Callanetics in! How long are the quick callanetics videos? I may pick them up next.
Old 03-09-2017, 02:49 PM   #490
achangeisoverdue
Senior LCF Member

Did my 5th March Callanetics session today! I just did the beginner Callanetics Countdown because I've got a cold and feeling low energy. May do a few other reps later.

The exercises seem harder this week, not sure if it's the cold or what.

Belly still the same but noticed today how lifted my booty is getting so that's exciting.

Happy pulsing!
Old 03-09-2017, 03:58 PM   #491
Colaborer
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
That's great, glad you're feeling better and got some Callanetics in! How long are the quick callanetics videos? I may pick them up next.
There are three 20 minute workouts. One for the stomach, one for the legs and one for the hips. I try to do them all as one workout skipping the warm ups on the second and third.
Old 03-09-2017, 03:59 PM   #492
Colaborer
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Did my 5th March Callanetics session today! I just did the beginner Callanetics Countdown because I've got a cold and feeling low energy. May do a few other reps later.

The exercises seem harder this week, not sure if it's the cold or what.

Belly still the same but noticed today how lifted my booty is getting so that's exciting.

Happy pulsing!
Yay! A booty lift is always a good thing!
Old 03-10-2017, 02:34 AM   #493
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

I've done another couple of sessions. I'm sometimes quite slow because I have to experiment to find a position or exercise that doesn't aggravate the concussion sites or my right foot.

As a random observation, I'm feeling very pulled-in round the lower-part of my ribcage and the solar plexus area. I already have some loose skin in that area so I wonder if, oddly enough, improving the musculature there will add to the loose skin. It wouldn't deter me but it isn't something I'd anticipated.
Old 03-10-2017, 06:20 AM   #494
raishalini
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
I've done another couple of sessions. I'm sometimes quite slow because I have to experiment to find a position or exercise that doesn't aggravate the concussion sites or my right foot.

As a random observation, I'm feeling very pulled-in round the lower-part of my ribcage and the solar plexus area. I already have some loose skin in that area so I wonder if, oddly enough, improving the musculature there will add to the loose skin. It wouldn't deter me but it isn't something I'd anticipated.
I feel JB is the best person to answer that, hope she visits soon.

I am done with 14 sessions. I have incorporated few moves of evo and pushups so it takes me roughly an hour everyday. Today I did T Ttapp for 45 mins for a change, I don't want to feel burned out on Callanetics so thinking of adding TBM and T Tapp into rotation with evening dose of classical stretch, will see how it goes. CS has really improved the quality of my sleep, I feel light after all the stretching.

As far as measurement goes, I didn't see any dramatic changes or lost inches, it's usual loss, bit of definition yes, haven't measured this week yet, will report after measuring.

Last edited by raishalini; 03-10-2017 at 06:22 AM..
Old 03-10-2017, 01:07 PM   #495
achangeisoverdue
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Congrats on seeing a pull in! I'm not really sure but you may go through some weird phases but I bet it will look better in the end. I've never had rolls before when standing up but now I have these little roll pockets in places. So, it could just be that you're in the process of pulling in. I think that's what is happening to me, fat is moving up and the skin is doing weird things. It's concerning but I'm gonna keep going. I bet your skin might look worse for a bit and then it will move up and pull in. JB probably will know best though, I'm still a newbie.

Last edited by achangeisoverdue; 03-10-2017 at 01:16 PM..
Old 03-10-2017, 01:09 PM   #496
achangeisoverdue
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I feel JB is the best person to answer that, hope she visits soon.

I am done with 14 sessions. I have incorporated few moves of evo and pushups so it takes me roughly an hour everyday. Today I did T Ttapp for 45 mins for a change, I don't want to feel burned out on Callanetics so thinking of adding TBM and T Tapp into rotation with evening dose of classical stretch, will see how it goes. CS has really improved the quality of my sleep, I feel light after all the stretching.

As far as measurement goes, I didn't see any dramatic changes or lost inches, it's usual loss, bit of definition yes, haven't measured this week yet, will report after measuring.
That's cool! Let us know how it goes. What is T Tapp like?
Old 03-10-2017, 11:10 PM   #497
raishalini
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
That's cool! Let us know how it goes. What is T Tapp like?
T tapp is another isometric workout by Teresa Tapp, the difference is it uses multiple muscles at the same time while performing one exercise and thought to be quite effective for lymphatic system and belly fat. Surely not as relaxed as Callanetics and couple of exercises makes your heart beat faster and sweat too.
Old 03-11-2017, 04:30 PM   #498
achangeisoverdue
Senior LCF Member

Did my 6th Callanetics March session today!

It's slight but think my belly is starting to pull in a tiny bit.

Hope everyone has a good weekend. Happy pulsing!
Old 03-11-2017, 10:36 PM   #499
SharonRose
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SharonRose
Quote:
T tapp is another isometric workout by Teresa Tapp, the difference is it uses multiple muscles at the same time while performing one exercise and thought to be quite effective for lymphatic system and belly fat.
Watched it on Utube. Also seems to be a good and effective workout in short time. There is a whole program for 15 minutes a day. Maybe I will try it.
Which program of T Tapp do you take, which DvD?
SharonRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 10:45 PM   #500
SharonRose
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigglebuster View Post
SharonRose, as others have said, no pulses on the inner thigh squeeze. Any exercise that is working the outer thigh, is inadvertently working the inner thigh via the use of the muscles for support. Also the pelvic scoop and rotations totally work the inner thighs.

Keep on pulsing everyone!
So true, the pelvic scoop done in the right way work the inner thights. I notice this last days. Maybe before I didn´t have the perfect position for the scoop und used othe muscles. Now I also feel the inner thight muscles, better if I do that exercise very very slowly.

This week I also startet with some exercises for inner thights and arms on the Bowers Ballet Fit DvD. This exercises also seem to be very effective for me. And also remember a little Callans way. I do this exercises after 10/10, so Callans last exercise is inner thights and so it fits very well. Like to feel that muscles I didn`t felt before

Happy pulsing everyone. And thank you all for that helpful and motivating thread.
Old 03-12-2017, 04:25 AM   #501
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

I think that I looked at T-Tapp years ago but it was such a production to obtain a UK-compatible format back then that I don't think I went any further - it's probably different now.

However, for now, I'm well-advised to stick with Callanetics as at least I can consult an instructor about any necessary modifications. It's surprising how much my head position can be a nuisance for other activities.

I've done another Callanetics session a day since my last posting and have another session with the instructor tomorrow.

I think I'm progressing OK. It's noticeable that without the presence of the instructor it's quite difficult for me to remember everything that I'm supposed to do at the same time It's tricky for everyone and I think I have an overlay of difficulty because the concussion is still affecting my concentration. And sometimes by the time I've arranged my legs/hips/knees/feet/shoulders/tightened the behind/curled the pelvis, checked my position again, and started pulsing, I'll then forget where my knee is supposed to be or I'll have stopped tightening the behind.

As ever, we do what we can - and I can only hope that I'm not practising error or that it's still got some beneficial effects.

Mar. 2017 Rehabbing a foot and concussion. I currently have a lot of physiotherapy. I may miss questions that people ask me or personals. Apologies if I do, it's not intentional.
Old 03-12-2017, 07:18 AM   #502
raishalini
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonRose View Post
Watched it on Utube. Also seems to be a good and effective workout in short time. There is a whole program for 15 minutes a day. Maybe I will try it.
Which program of T Tapp do you take, which DvD?
For now I am doing 15 minutes Basic workout plus, total body is 55 mins long and its really tough. You have to really really concentrate on form and muscle activation..too many things at the same time.

I have also included barre workouts which is more in line with Callanetics.

Quote:
So true, the pelvic scoop done in the right way work the inner thights. I notice this last days. Maybe before I didn´t have the perfect position for the scoop und used othe muscles. Now I also feel the inner thight muscles, better if I do that exercise very very slowly.

This week I also startet with some exercises for inner thights and arms on the Bowers Ballet Fit DvD. This exercises also seem to be very effective for me. And also remember a little Callans way. I do this exercises after 10/10, so Callans last exercise is inner thights and so it fits very well. Like to feel that muscles I didn`t felt before

Happy pulsing everyone. And thank you all for that helpful and motivating thread.
All Barre, ballet and Callanetics have very similar approach to exercise and it European dancer who first invented barre-style exercise for women in the 1960's. Callan use to exercise with her. Later she introduced her own workouts with modifications to prevent knee and back. Also, compared to other barre methods, Callan's have more counts of pulses and longer stretches.

Newer Barre exercises are being introduced which also includes Yoga and Pilates moves.

Quote:
I think that I looked at T-Tapp years ago but it was such a production to obtain a UK-compatible format back then that I don't think I went any further - it's probably different now.

However, for now, I'm well-advised to stick with Callanetics as at least I can consult an instructor about any necessary modifications. It's surprising how much my head position can be a nuisance for other activities.

I've done another Callanetics session a day since my last posting and have another session with the instructor tomorrow.

I think I'm progressing OK. It's noticeable that without the presence of the instructor it's quite difficult for me to remember everything that I'm supposed to do at the same time It's tricky for everyone and I think I have an overlay of difficulty because the concussion is still affecting my concentration. And sometimes by the time I've arranged my legs/hips/knees/feet/shoulders/tightened the behind/curled the pelvis, checked my position again, and started pulsing, I'll then forget where my knee is supposed to be or I'll have stopped tightening the behind.

As ever, we do what we can - and I can only hope that I'm not practising error or that it's still got some beneficial effects.
SlowSure I wish you recover from injuries very soon. I know what you saying about concentration on form, the more you do it the better you get at it.

Last edited by raishalini; 03-12-2017 at 07:23 AM..
Old 03-12-2017, 08:30 AM   #503
Minda
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Minda
Stats: 156/156/120
WOE: OMAD/IF
Hi there! I'd like to join u ladies! I did Callanetics way back in the day in my late teens-early 20s and was in phenomenal shape! Years of high impact and weights and Crossift has beat my body down. I've had 3 surgeries in the last 3 years, most recently last December to remove the screw from my heal from foot reconstruction surgery the year before. I have to change my workouts and get back into shape. I turned 48 on Feb 28th. My goal is to be "nifty by 50"!

I did AM Callanetics this morning. I'm starting slowly so I don't hurt myself. Tonight I'll do PM Callanetics and will do that rotation every day this week taking Friday and Saturday off.

Looking forward to getting to know you!
Minda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 09:54 AM   #504
Colaborer
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minda View Post
Hi there! I'd like to join u ladies! I did Callanetics way back in the day in my late teens-early 20s and was in phenomenal shape! Years of high impact and weights and Crossift has beat my body down. I've had 3 surgeries in the last 3 years, most recently last December to remove the screw from my heal from foot reconstruction surgery the year before. I have to change my workouts and get back into shape. I turned 48 on Feb 28th. My goal is to be "nifty by 50"!

I did AM Callanetics this morning. I'm starting slowly so I don't hurt myself. Tonight I'll do PM Callanetics and will do that rotation every day this week taking Friday and Saturday off.

Looking forward to getting to know you!
Welcome Minda!
I too started Callanetics after many injuries from other methods of exercise. AM PM is a great place to start!
Old 03-12-2017, 03:25 PM   #505
Minda
Junior LCF Member

Thank you Colaborer!

PM Callanetics completed!
Old 03-13-2017, 04:31 AM   #506
raishalini
Senior LCF Member

Welcome Minda hope you are enjoying pulsing.

I completed 16th session of Callanetics today with 15 mins of T TApp.

Yesterday was a rest day and I was having back pain so decided to do yoga for back pain. It was just for half an hour and I felt so good after that as if I have taken a pain killer. Forgot how effective yoga poses can be, thinking of continuing with it in the evening.

My stomach has flattened a bit and i feel leaner, not sure whether its Callanetics or Classical stretch that I have done 5 times last week. Whatever it is..its working so I will keep rotating exercises.

I hate cardio and don't know how to incorporate it for now or just forget about it. Already I have knee and back issues. I am doing JUddd for weight loss so I guess toning and stretching exercises should be enough when I am investing 2 hrs 6 days a week.

Any suggestion?

Last edited by raishalini; 03-13-2017 at 04:32 AM..
Old 03-13-2017, 04:38 AM   #507
SharonRose
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
For now I am doing 15 minutes Basic workout plus, total body is 55 mins long and its really tough. You have to really really concentrate on form and muscle activation..too many things at the same time.

I have also included barre workouts which is more in line with Callanetics.
Ok, thanks.
Most time I do Callanetics 10/10. First time I started 13 years ago and it was very effective. I did it nearly every day that time. Last years I did 10/10 only in some periods and not so "seriosly" like I do since the last half year I started again: First with Beginning Callanetics and after 14 lessons I do 10/10. If I started End of Semptember I took measurement and today I did lesson 50 (with Beginning Callanetics 64 lessons). I noticed less 10 cm / less 4 inches on belly and also less 10 cm / less 4 inches on button.
I would write that in my profil/account but if I try there is said, not possible. What could be the reason? Have I to write more posts before?

Quote:
All Barre, ballet and Callanetics have very similar approach to exercise and it European dancer who first invented barre-style exercise for women in the 1960's. Callan use to exercise with her. Later she introduced her own workouts with modifications to prevent knee and back. Also, compared to other barre methods, Callan's have more counts of pulses and longer stretches.

Newer Barre exercises are being introduced which also includes Yoga and Pilates moves.
Understand. Yesterday I also tried the belly exercises from Mary Helen Bowers. Thats so hard for the back. So I´m very glad about Callans way for belly workout, so smoth and gently.
Old 03-13-2017, 10:00 AM   #508
raishalini
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Ok, thanks.
Most time I do Callanetics 10/10. First time I started 13 years ago and it was very effective. I did it nearly every day that time. Last years I did 10/10 only in some periods and not so "seriosly" like I do since the last half year I started again: First with Beginning Callanetics and after 14 lessons I do 10/10. If I started End of Semptember I took measurement and today I did lesson 50 (with Beginning Callanetics 64 lessons). I noticed less 10 cm / less 4 inches on belly and also less 10 cm / less 4 inches on button.
I would write that in my profil/account but if I try there is said, not possible. What could be the reason? Have I to write more posts before?

You can add the details in the signature space too like Jigglebuster has done and congratulations on the inches lost..thats impressive.

I have done 16 hrs of 10x10 and also added couple of moves from Evolution, still haven't seen much loss in inches though my body surely look leaner.
Old 03-13-2017, 05:49 PM   #509
Minda
Junior LCF Member

I did the 10 & 10 session today and made it through! Took breaks during the ab work. I hate them so much but I know they work! Fasted 23 hours and 15 minutes before eating. Feeling good! See u tomorrow!
Old 03-13-2017, 11:32 PM   #510
SharonRose
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
I am doing JUddd for weight loss so I guess toning and stretching exercises should be enough when I am investing 2 hrs 6 days a week.

Any suggestion?
You are doing so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raishalini
You can add the details in the signature space too like Jigglebuster has done
I can open the User Contro Panel, but if I try to change Details there is said, no permission. So there is no permanent signature possible.

Quote:
and congratulations on the inches lost..thats impressive.
Thank you. To notice that it works is a wonderful motivation for me.

Quote:
I have done 16 hrs of 10x10 and also added couple of moves from Evolution, still haven't seen much loss in inches though my body surely look leaner.
So the first weeks there was not so a big change. Than I noticed more space in my clothes. And also an weight loss. But I also keep attentenion what I eat. With the second measurement I was waiting nearly 6 months.

Evolution is a good alternation. The loss of inches will come. Keep on pulsing . In my case it also does take a little time.

Today I will start to alternate with Cardio Callanetics. Hope the Cardio Part will help to burn more fat than regular Callanetics.

Happy pulsing everyone.