Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-02-2013, 01:25 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member
Gallery: jpeaceokc
Stats: 249/239/180-ish
WOE: Carbohydrate restriction, intermittent fasting
Start Date: 2013 low carb, July 2015 intermittent fasting
Going off Victoza

So I came home and found my package of Victoza pens out of the refrigerator, sitting on the counter, where one of my roommates apparently left it. No one is fessing up as to what happened, but I presume someone was looking for something else, took it out, forgot to put it back in, there were six pens inside, for me a two month supply. It was at room temp, so max time according to the Victoza people is 1 month, and this was a week ago. So I figure there will be a window of about 3 weeks between when I have to dump the Victoza and when I can order more from the online pharmacy my insurance requires me to use. Already called the insurance, they suggested asking my doctor for some samples.

Has anyone here gone off Victoza? Should I taper the dosage off over the last week, or just go "cold turkey"? The Victoza website is somewhat oblique about that and the rep I spoke with on the phone said she didn't have that info, she took my phone and said she would have someone call me back.

But I can imagine that drug companies are not enthusiastic about people going off their drugs so I am not anticipating much help from them.

So I figured I would ask here and see if anyone has an experience to share with going off Victoza. It's way too expensive for me to pay cash for.
jpeaceokc is offline   Reply With Quote