Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > General Health/Medical Issues
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-18-2013, 05:35 PM   #1
oceanlover66
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: oceanlover66
Stats: 161/156/135
WOE: low carb
Egg yolks and dark chocolate/cholesterol and Glucose

I have elevated trigs. 197. I have cut carbs, and cut out all sugar from my coffee, and do not eat any more junk food. I was putting 3TBSP of sugar in my coffee, drink sweet tea all day, and loved my Resses PB cups. Now I only allow myself low carb whoe wheat bread for lunch, and very low carb for dinners. Probably taking in less then 30g carb a day. Questions. What is the deal with egg yolks? Do they or do they NOT effect cholesterol. And if they do, which part? And what should your limit be? I eat maybe two eggs every other week. And what is the deal with dark chocolate. 85% cacao and higher. Okay for a low carb diet? My FBS has been elevated, but A1c is fine. I am exercising and although I am 5'3 and weighed 144. I am down to 138. I have a belly. My goal is to get to 130. I am new here and looking forward to getting as much info as I can. My trigs really surprised me as last year they were 142. I started on a new drug. Amitryptiline. But only 30mg a day. Everyone says that should not have raised my trigs. I have always been a sweet eater.

Last year my cholesterol was:

Jan 2012

Total: 191
Trigs: 142
LDL:123
HDL:40

Jan 2013

Total: 210
Trigs: 197
LDL: 124
HDL: 47

Thanks for the help!