Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-19-2013, 12:05 PM   #1
calichris
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/204/147 or size 8/10
WOE: 4/3 moderate carb
Start Date: 11/3/14; JUDDD 7/11/12
Maybe I should be more careful with carbs? (blood results)

Hi BUDDDs,

I had some blood work done last Spring, before JUDDD, and again this week after 6 months of JUDDD. In between I've lost 49 pounds and over 8 BMI points.

The good news: total cholesterol was already fine, but went down 19 points. LDL (bad cholesterol) went down 23 points.

The not-so-good news: trigycerides, although still in the healthy range, went up 34 points, but what I'm most concerned about is that fasting glucose went up from 99 (top of "normal" range) to 103 (impaired fasting glucose or "pre-diabetic" range).

I know it's only 4 points up for the glucose, but I'm disappointed that it went up considering that I've lost a good chunk of weight in the meantime. The thing that really puzzles me is that I was eating high carb and unhealthy diet for the first (lower) test. Now I'm eating low carb on down days and not worrying about carbs on up days, which is still an improvement.

(In case anyone's wondering, the day before my recent blood test was a modified down day. I fasted breakfast and lunch and had dinner at a Beni-hana type place ... small salad, broth, fried rice, grilled scallops and veggies, 5 pieces of sushi rolls. Nothing that I would think would have a negative effect on the test.)

I'll talk to my doctor about it when I see her on Friday, but I just thought I'd throw this out there and see what the BUDDDs make of it.
calichris is offline   Reply With Quote