Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 11-11-2017, 07:40 PM   #1
JJJ'sMom
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JJJ'sMom
WOE: low carb
Start Date: Jan. 2013
Food Savers and herbs/spices

If using my hand held to seal dried rosemary in a qt bag, does it stay as fresh as if I had it in the fridge or freezer?

FYI..........we have a foodsaver thread here..........great Christmas gift, I love the hand held.

Last edited by JJJ'sMom; 11-11-2017 at 07:41 PM..
JJJ'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2017, 09:31 PM   #2
That Girl
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: That Girl
I think the Food Saver would keep it way fresher than the fridge or freezer.....did you hear me swearing at mine tonight? lol! I've picked up a couple of Food Savers from Good Will that look brand new....in the boxes! I have yet to have one not give me trouble every time I need to use it. They either wont seal to make a new bag or won't seal the things I've put in the bags, won't vac seal ....I finally gave up and just used Press and Seal for my leftover and am hoping for the best!

Last edited by That Girl; 11-11-2017 at 09:38 PM..
That Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 01:00 PM   #3
Nigel
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Nigel
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJ'sMom View Post
If using my hand held to seal dried rosemary in a qt bag, does it stay as fresh as if I had it in the fridge or freezer?

FYI..........we have a foodsaver thread here..........great Christmas gift, I love the hand held.
I put mine in mason jars and seal them....they seem to last forever that way. I don't know about the bags, but I would think as long as the seal stays, they should last a long time. The seals used to always break on my bags even in the freezer so I started using the jars.
Nigel is online now   Reply With Quote