Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 01-06-2018, 03:05 PM   #31
quietnite
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: quietnite
Stats: 278/255/165
WOE: JUDDD
Things have been a little crazy here in NJ. Four day weekend due to snow days and did not do well with fasting while in the trapped in the house. I suspect it is because I had gone off my regular UD/DD fasting routine over the holidays and was just getting back to it. Planning on doing a 23:1 tonight, tomorrow and Monday.

Miss the feeling I get not eating during the day and feeling good with it, the mental clarity especially.

Just read Delay Don't Deny today, I'm getting rid of artificial sweetners outside of my eating window, so nothing but water during the 23 hours of fasting. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks for listening.
quietnite is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2018, 05:13 PM   #32
Key Tones
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Key Tones
Start Date: LC 2004, gastric sleeve 9/15
Hi all,

Things are going well. I debloated by about four pounds so far.

Yay!

"Obesity is a hypothalamic/hormonal issue. Using calorie-based weapons to fight a hormonal issue is like bringing a snorkel to a bicycle race." --Jason Fung
Key Tones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 07:29 AM   #33
Gabbie
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Gabbie
Hi, everyone, I'm new here...about four years ago I started out to do Juddd, but found out that I was having major liver trouble, so it's a long story and it's been a hard journey, in many ways,..I've recovered from most of my health problems and have a second chance to try IF., My goal is to lose about forty pounds and help my body to heal more, at age sixty, it's kind of now or never, I believe...one thing that helped me a lot , these last few years was coming to these forums and seeing all the success and hope that's here..I want to thank everyone for the hope and encouragement you provided for me, and you didn't realize it......I've just done my first 16:8 day....I'm excited to see if I can really do this, so I'm willing and eager to see some success...
Gabbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 07:48 AM   #34
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/217/not sure 5'7
WOE: IF/NK
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
Welcome Gabbie!

I am glad to hear everyone is doing well. Stevie Renee, I hope your mom has a good day.

My fasting hasn't been going well the past couple of days. We have been doing some projects around the house. That should make it easier to fast, but somehow it didn't. I just ate whenever DH did. I go back to work today, so it will be easier to keep a schedule.
Old 01-08-2018, 08:17 AM   #35
Vilya
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Vilya
Stats: 248/244.8/240
WOE: Fung-ian fasting and lower carb (I am T2 diabetic)
Start Date: Every day is a new start
Hey y'all! I haven't been here in over a year, but I'm back! I'm trying to get back on track with my diabetes, which is horribly out of control at the moment. Having read Dr. Fung's newest book, I would love to try an extended fast at some point, to try and purge my liver of all the stored sugar. I would LOVE to be able to do his remote program someday!

Anyway, I'm currently in "ramping down the carbs" mode, and then I'm going to start doing some 24-hour fasts. I still a huge fan of fasting, and I need to get back to it!
My journal: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=891121
Vilya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 08:21 AM   #36
quietnite
Senior LCF Member

Hello folks, hope everyone's Monday is doing okay!

I finally made it through a fast yesterday. It was an 18 hour water fast, no tea w/cream and no artificial sweetner. Down a pound of holiday pudge today so I feel like I'm finally going in the right direction.

Today I will be fasting 20 hours of pure water, no cream or artificial sweetners, I'm hungry but it feels really good and positive like I'm finally back in my body and I can feel it and we are in concert, working together again. No lethargy, no brain fog.

The only problem is the teacher work station is really cold and I used hot tea w/ cream and as to deal with that. But today I am drinking ice water (the only way I like water is with a lot of ice) so I am wrapped up in a fleece pokemon blanket one of my seniors bought me for writing his college recommendation letter. It's not as good as the hot tea but I'm making do.

I can't wait until 4 p.m. when I will break this fast with steak. AND HOT TEA!!
Old 01-08-2018, 11:00 AM   #37
Key Tones
Major LCF Poster!

Hi All, and welcome Gabbie, and good to see you again Vilya!

I'm doing a Fung fast today. I'm just going to go as long as I can. I do have coffee w/cream. I like to just try and see what my body does. I found last time that I eventually could do extended.

Good luck to all.

"Obesity is a hypothalamic/hormonal issue. Using calorie-based weapons to fight a hormonal issue is like bringing a snorkel to a bicycle race." --Jason Fung
Old 01-08-2018, 11:43 AM   #38
Stevie Renee
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Stevie Renee
Start Date: July 2000
A quick drive by to say hi, and welcome new and oldies!

Quiet, real quick. I too gave up the Artificial Sweeteners in November. I f I can do it, you can! hahah - I never thiought I could. Cheering u on!

Still in manic mode with my mom so off I go. I fasted 24 hours or so and had a quick bite of chicken at 9:00last night. Heck may as well fast! I am just taking it hour by hour. But I secretly hope for 46 hours. We shall see!

PS: Cheering on all of you with diabtes and liver issues. Glad to see you here! I think Dr Fubng has a special going on right now for online consult?
Stevie Renee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 12:27 PM   #39
jhmart
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jhmart
Stats: 165/130.5/130
Start Date: 08/16/17
Quote:
Originally Posted by GME View Post
I think the issue they (Rr. Fung & Megan) have with OMAD is that your body gets "used to" it. We will adapt to anything that is we do regularly.

I figure if it is working for you, great. If it stops working, you'll know what to tweak. You could do two meals or a longer window on some days.
YES!!! I had forgotten their reason for not liking OMAD and I know it works for many people. You nailed it Gina long term you body adapts and it stops working. Good call!
Old 01-09-2018, 10:54 AM   #40
quietnite
Senior LCF Member

Dr. Fung's podcast has a good episode about switching it up when things stop working. I'm currently water fasting and doing OMAD -but if it stops working or my body demands a change, I'll change. I've had some success with JUDDD and eating really low carb at various times, so I feel like I finally get that these are all tools in my tool box-to be used and changed as I read my body- not things I've "failed on". It really all came together for me with Obesity Code and the idea of doing just about anything to avoid insulin response to lose weight.

For now...
Old 01-09-2018, 11:06 AM   #41
Princessbrendag
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Princessbrendag
Stats: 194/128/130 or Less
WOE: Maintenance My Way
Start Date: September 6th 2016
I believe in mixing it up and the reason why my plan works for me is because I don't eat the same way every day

-64 POUNDS

Weight Loss Journey Link
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/sh...d.php?t=884343

Maintenance Journal Link
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/sh...d.php?t=888201
Princessbrendag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 11:29 AM   #42
Key Tones
Major LCF Poster!

Hi All,

I did really well skipping breakfast and lunch yesterday. It was good to see the debloat on the scale!!

I'm taking today off, but will go again tomorrow. I'm still getting my fasting legs under me again.

Nice to see you all! Thanks for being here and posting.

Old 01-09-2018, 12:54 PM   #43
Just Beachy
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Just Beachy
Stats: 232/229/150
WOE: Fasting/Keto
Start Date: January 2018
It has been too long

But I'm not going to beat myself up because I am back now.

I read Dr. Fung's books last year and started fasting, and I loved it. However, after a very stressful summer and fall, I fell off the fasting wagon and regained all I had lost - and then some.

I had planned on joining the IDM long distance program, but now I think I may wait and see if the new online program will be enough to help me reach my goals.

So, my goal is 10 lbs a month. It is aggressive, but it is certainly doable. i will do ADF and an extended fast at the beginning of the month. I have done IF and really have not been successful with it. I find that I really do need to do the longer fasts.

We got this.
Beachy
Just Beachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 09:37 AM   #44
BonBon19
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BonBon19
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Summer 2008
Hi All! I have begun fasting, not longer than 3-4 days at a time. I read these Fasting threads, as well as JUDD for inspiration. However, I have noticed no new posts from CGWWILSON (Caroline), nor from the gentleman who was also doing a lengthy fast. Does anyone know if they are okay? I just wondered if there were having luck not regaining too much weight at first, but now I'm concerned about their well being.
BonBon19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 07:03 PM   #45
Gabbie
Junior LCF Member

Hello, everyone...I've been watching and reading about the different ways to fast...I thought the 16:8 would be a good place to start, but I'm easily confused...I see people talking about three and four day fasts, with only water and maybe coffee..I know I have much to learn, it may help me to try the every other day in order to get started.., right now TV is full of ads for the packaged food diets, I tried one of those programs ten years ago and the food was awful..but one of the commercials got me thinking..they held up a ten lb bag of potatoes and said, see even ten lbs is a lot to lose...OMG, I then realized that I could be carrying around 3 ,or 4 bags of potatoes...no wonder I'm tired a lot...I never made this kind of connection before, , ..it helps me relate better to my problem...also, I put my 5 lb bag of potatoes on the counter to remind me what 5 lbs looks like..
Old 01-11-2018, 06:10 AM   #46
7littleangels
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: 7littleangels
Stats: 220/208/145
WOE: IF/LCHF
Start Date: 1/1/2018
I think I will join you.

I am doing the 16:8 fast daily and have just moved into a stricter LCHF diet. I was indulging in the lovely almond flour type recipes and now it is time to buckle down.

I am a Type II diabetic and I have about 60 pounds to lose.

I walk 3-5 miles a day and have challenged myself to walk 1000 miles this year.

My ultimate goal is to walk the Appalachian Trail in 9 years when my current 1 year old is old enough to join me.

When I first joined this forum ( under another name) I was 30 years old and had just started LC. Now I am 46 and still plugging away. YIKES!
7littleangels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 07:06 AM   #47
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/217/not sure 5'7
WOE: IF/NK
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
Welcome everyone! It is exciting to have new folks with us.

I am plugging along, trying to stay focused on having *at least* a 16 hour fast per day. More is better.
Old 01-11-2018, 08:21 AM   #48
TBipp
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TBipp
Stats: 142/112/120, 5 ft 2 in
WOE: Combined low carb
Start Date: 05/23/2011
I started fasting on January 1 with my goal to be 19 hours of daily fasts. I am tracking with the Vora app and averaged 20.2 hour fasts since I started. Although I started with eating whatever I wanted, I am now trying to flip to meals that are more LC which allowed me to lose all my weight initially 6 years ago. After I reach goal, I am especially interested in coming up with a doable Maintenance plan. LC became very difficult when I returned to an office. LC was much easier working from home and I want an easy Maintenance plan. I think IF will be easier to maintain but we shall see. I have not read much about this.

I am also researching for Intermittent Fasting articles. Reading these really keep me motivated and on track to not break my fast early. I thought this was a good one: http://burnfatnotsugar.com/intermittent-fasting.html This article also mentioned that after 24 hours the growth hormone shoots up about 2000%! Now that is a motivator for doing a longer fast.
TBipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 10:51 AM   #49
JayLynn
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JayLynn
WOE: Keto/IF
Start Date: HDE Jan 2015, IF Feb 2016
Yes, TBipp that is a great article! Love Dr Naiman. He and Dr Fung are my favorites.
It just makes so much sense to fast for weight loss and good health.

We went out for mexican food yesterday and I ate too much. They have a wonderful dish made with shrimp and mushrooms and they serve it with chopped greens, tomato and avocado. So good and low carb. But i ate too much. Today I'm fasting. Would LOVE to make it an all day fast and see how long I can keep going.

Make good choices. I choose love and good health.

"In the beginning, we make our habits. Over time, our habits make us."

Eat clean and keep moving.
And laugh a lot!
JayLynn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 11:53 AM   #50
Stevie Renee
Major LCF Poster!

Great posts and yes! New folks!! heheh

Did 23:1 but today blood sugars up and inflammation in my fingers. Culprit? Dairy. Made a keto soup and had a chai tea with half/half. Will eliminate and see how I fair tomorrow.

7littleangles. Too funny! I was posting earlier and my kiddo walked by. He's almost 18.He says " Wow, you have been on that site forever!" I think maybe right after I had him on 2000. Not 100% sure. Love your walking goals! I am a walker as well. Heading out in a second.

Have a great day fasters whatever you decide to do! 23:1 today.
Old 01-11-2018, 08:10 PM   #51
spaceace
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: spaceace
I am curious how many of you have fasted through a day and then even through the night (during sleep.) I can go OMAD in the evening a time or two during a week, but I wonder if I occasionally wanted to get all the way to morning, what sleep would be like? Did any of you have any problems with this?

Also, any thoughts any exercising? For me, exercise is a big appetite-killer, and it makes IF easier. (I know this is not true for everyone.) If you get sleep, is it OK to do another workout, or would you eat at least a meal (or more?) before going again? (For info, my best workouts are always fasted - I am stronger, faster, and more focused - I have no fear of working out fasted.)

Thanks everyone!
spaceace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 07:45 AM   #52
Vilya
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Vilya
Stats: 248/244.8/240
WOE: Fung-ian fasting and lower carb (I am T2 diabetic)
Start Date: Every day is a new start
I've done several 2- and 3-day fasts, and 4 days one time. Sleeping was actually better than normal, because I wasn't getting up to go to the bathroom, and I was de-bloated from the fast, so I was more comfortable sleeping on my stomach!

As far as exercise, as long as I was feeling good, I would just go about my normal routine. But I only walk, I don't do strenuous exercise, so I'm probably not a good example!
My journal: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=891121
Vilya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 07:54 AM   #53
agatha1939
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: agatha1939
Stats: 240/213/120
WOE: LC, 1200 cal/day, IF 19:5
Start Date: Oct 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princessbrendag View Post
I eat OMAD every day but the weekends, I've been maintaining my weight for 7 months and there is absolutely nothing wrong with eating OMAD
That's so great to meet somebody doing OMAD for a long period... you are my idol!!!
agatha1939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 09:07 AM   #54
quietnite
Senior LCF Member

I'm fasting until dinner which will be about 21 hours today. Kinda proud of myself because I ran out at 6 am and bought a bunch of donuts for the office friend's birthday today and though I chauffered that smell all the way to school I just continued on with my fast and didn't have any. I feel like the local drug pusher who doesn't use their product.
Old 01-12-2018, 10:09 AM   #55
JayLynn
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JayLynn
WOE: Keto/IF
Start Date: HDE Jan 2015, IF Feb 2016
Good for you, Quiet! That is major.. having the donuts in your car and still not having one all day. Very impressive! Fasting sure seems to help with the cravings, helps get control.

Make good choices. I choose love and good health.

"In the beginning, we make our habits. Over time, our habits make us."

Eat clean and keep moving.
And laugh a lot!
JayLynn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 11:14 AM   #56
Stevie Renee
Major LCF Poster!

Hey fasters. Changed it up yesterday for the hubby. Ended up 22:2. Started about 6:00 pm and fasted all day and it was easy because I was so busy running my mom to her doc appointments. Today I am focusing on 23:1 - we shall see. I am liking the OMAD right now. I will see when my mind is ready for a longer fast

Cheering u all on.
Old 01-12-2018, 06:04 PM   #57
Princessbrendag
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Princessbrendag
Stats: 194/128/130 or Less
WOE: Maintenance My Way
Start Date: September 6th 2016
Last day of OMAD for the week and I'm now ready for my splurges

I hope you all are having successful fasts

-64 POUNDS

Weight Loss Journey Link
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/sh...d.php?t=884343

Maintenance Journal Link
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/sh...d.php?t=888201

Last edited by Princessbrendag; 01-12-2018 at 06:10 PM..
Princessbrendag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 08:09 AM   #58
TBipp
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TBipp
Stats: 142/112/120, 5 ft 2 in
WOE: Combined low carb
Start Date: 05/23/2011
I am liking the energy a lot. It really does become easier to do longer fasts. I am noticing that initially when I ended a fast, I was starving and ate too much. From overeating after every fast, I settled down and overate about every other day and now I am comfortable with a normal meal on most days after a fast with a splurge meal every few days. I like having carbs now and then but not huge amounts.
TBipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 08:10 AM   #59
Gabbie
Junior LCF Member

Happy Saturday, everyone...I've done two days of the 16:8 this week, had trouble with hunger in the mornings...Im not sure how well I can handle that part...not going to give up, I'm still researching different fasting periods...glad to see you having success..
Old 01-13-2018, 08:57 AM   #60
quietnite
Senior LCF Member

After a week of varying length fasts, longest was 24 hours, I lost 4 pounds of the annoying weight that I have to re-lose from holiday gain.

But I am very happy the graph is going in the right direction again!